Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Please Help Me Pass This On To Enugu Govt And People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Help Me Pass This On To Enugu Govt And People (1032 Views)

Ugwuanyi Welcomes Obasanjo As He Leads Brenthurst Team To Enugu (Photos) / "How We Stopped Buhari From Coming To Enugu" – IPOB / Olufemi Olu-Kayode's Reaction To Enugu Fulani Massacre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Pass This On To Enugu Govt And People by donmayorgroup(m): 3:22pm On May 03, 2016
Revealed!: Chimaroke And Sullivan Are Responsible For Enugu Massacre!
Read more on www.michaeldoosblog.info

The menace of Fulani Herdsmen has become really worrisome in Nigeria. It is like a time bomb that soon will explode. Most worrisome is the Government’s lackadaisical attitude towards finding a lasting solution. The way it’s being handled, many of us are beginning to think that these Herdsmen are spirits or they are stronger and bigger than the Nigerian Government.
People may have different opinions as to the issues surrounding the Fulani Herdsmen attack on the innocent people of Nimbo Community of Uzo-Uwani LGA of Enugu State. But I am out here to tell the world what I believe. I am out here to state fearlessly my opinion on this issue. And my opinion is that Chimaroke Nnamani and Sullivan Chime, the past Governors of Enugu State are responsible for the death of our brothers in Nimbo! Believe it or not, that’s the fact.
Chimaroke came in and many people were hailing him ‘Ebeano, Ebeano!’ After so many years, I thought to myself… what did this man really do for Enugu State? Is it the Ebeano Tunnel he built, or the ESUTH permanent site he relocated to his compound in Agbani? Or the money he embezzled leaving Enugu State poverty stricken? Questions unanswered.
People rated Sullivan as the best Governor when he was in power. Frankly speaking, he did well in building roads within Enugu Metropolis, especially the Abakpa Nike- Opi Junction By-Pass. But the truth is that Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area is forgotten in Enugu State. Uzo –Uwani was never suitable for any Government projects.
All over the Federation, people see Ebonyi State as being backward. People see Ebonyi as the poorest State in Nigeria. But I can categorically state here that Ebonyi State is 100% better than Enugu State. There is no LGA in Ebonyi State without good access roads. There is no Community in Ebonyi where there is not more than five boreholes for the people to have access to clean and hygienic drinking water. I have not entered any Community in Ebonyi State and didn’t see electricity, neither have I ever got stuck in any community in EBonyi State because of network connectivity.
The former Governor of Ebonyi State, Martin ELECHI was known to have concentrated his developmental projects in the rural areas thereby opening up his people to business and linking them to opportunities in the town and also enhancing business transactions. The most remarkable of all his projects were the 34 unity bridges which cut across all the Local Government Areas of the state. This is because it helped unite Communities which were practically cut off from each other as a result of the collapse of the bridges built during the military regime. These 34 bridges of unity have also helped in the transportation of goods from the rural areas to the markets in Abakaliki Metropolis and elsewhere. This is exactly what the people of Uzo-Uwani, specifically Igbo-Ano DC comprising of Ugbene-Ajima, Abbi, Nrobo and Nimbo, suffer.
These four communities that make up Igbo-Ano DC are better described as forests. The then Enugu State Government did not know anywhere like Igbo-Ano DC ever existed. This DC is the closest to Nsukka either through Ugbene-Ajima or through Edem-Nrobo roads. The roads are better described as footpaths! Nobody cared about them. Once you descend down to Igbo-Ano D C, you are automatically cut off from the rest of the world. There is no network connectivity. These people practically suffer all manner of deprivation and perpetual neglect by the Enugu State Government.
Now you may ask how Chimaroke and Sulivan came into the picture. This is it.
On that ill-fated day of attack, I learnt that many persons were practically unable to make calls to the Security Agencies because there is no network coverage. When the Police and other Security Agencies finally responded, it was hours, hours and hours after my brother and sisters have been butchered in cold blood. Why? There is no means of communication, neither was there good access roads and we still say we are part of Enugu State. If Chimaroke had put aside his Ebeano chanting and ranting and cared even a little about the plight of the people, I believe we may have gotten a clean good access road from Nsukka to Opanda joining the Ogurugu road which is by every measurement, shorter. If Sullivan had during his tenure cared about my people, the Security agencies would have acted more swiftly, the Security agencies, would have received calls on time. If the lives of the people ever meant anything to the Government, with respect to earlier attacks, a police station would have been built, and well equipped and staffed to respond to such issues. But even if you buy them cars, where will they drive them…? Drive them in the air?
I know vividly that three roads lead to Uzo-Uwani from Nsukka. These roads are the Ogurugu Road which was built during the military administration and presently, it’s a death trap! The other two roads are TTC-Ugbene-Nimbo Road and Edem-Nrobo-Abbi-Nimbo Road. Amongst these three roads, the shortest to Nimbo is the TTC-Ugbene-Nimbo Road while the longest is the Oogurugu Road. The shortest road takes about 30 minutes to Nimbo even in the bad state of the road and will take about 15 minutes if it is tarred. The longest route takes about 3 hours even in its present state. I believe the State Governor, Ifeanyi UGWUANYI must have taken this route on that day!
I know you will ask if the state government knew there will be an attack. YES, THEY KNOW! There has been this history of attacks by Fulani Herdsmen on the people of Nimbo and its two neighbouring communities, Opanda and Ugbene Ajima.
Because I was terribly concerned about this, I wrote several letters to MTN, AIRTEL, GLO AND even ETISALAT begging, pleading and requesting that they should come to the assistance of my people. I volunteered to give my land provided it is situated in the right place, free of charge! But they never took me serious. They were more concerned about rubbish! They think business is all about making money…MBA!
Haven been disappointed by these network providers, I headed to Enugu State website to paste copies of my letters hoping they will look in that direction but nothing was done about it. I tried using all avenues to communicate the State Government but they were more concerned with projects in Communities that has big politicians and influence. Right now, I think, this is the right place to air my views on this issue.
We are suffering. My people are suffering. My people still go into the forests to fetch water from the streams and the rocks. Chimaroke and Sullivan never built a single bore hole for us. And it never mattered because nobody was there to speak for us.
Our market men and women are constantly being robbed of their hard earned moneys and people lose their lives along Nsukka-Ugbene and Nsukka Nnrobo roads because Chimaroke was busy ranting EBEANO and Sullivan cared less.
Our youths flee from the villages. Those who return from the cities do not stay more than two days. Families and loved ones are cut off from each other for years because there is no network connectivity in my place. Old men and women are seen under the scorching sun struggling up the hills just to get network signals to call and speak with their children and loved ones. The worst is that many have sustained injuries in the process, just to make calls. Business men and women detest our place because there is no good road, no electricity, no good water…there is just nothing. No Government presence, nothing.
If anything I have said above is wrong or disturbs you, feel free to confront me. I speak with facts and I do not care how you see it or if anyone is offended. Is it not also true that our pupils seat on bare floors? Did you also know that our children study in dilapidated buildings? hmmm.. i guess you don’t know. This is total neglect! And as long as those innocent people of Nimbo remain dead, I will always blame CHIMAROKE NNAMANI and SULLIVAN CHIME!
This is a wakeup call. My people, it’s time to wake up for your right. We have suffered enough. We are tired of this brainwashing that Enugu is beautiful, Enugu is beautiful. It’s all lies. If you want to see the true Enugu State, come to Uzo-Uwani LGA, come to Nimbo, come to Ugbene-Ajima, come to Abbi, come to Nrobo. Visit our schools, visit our streams, and don’t forget your phones. Come in your expensive cars, come with plenty money and you will better stand a chance to tell the stories yourself!
We must bring this to the notice of the State Government. Ugwuanyi must no follow the path of his predecessors.
We need;
Good Access roads
GSM Network Connectivity
Good and Hygienic Drinking Water
Electricity
And Security for our people.
All of the above were denied us for the past 100 years of Nigeria’s existence. We have been neglected for the past sixteen years by our former Governors, probably because they are not from Enugu North Senatorial District or from Nsukka. But this time around, we must let them know that Uzo-Uwani is one out of the 17 LGAs of Enugu State and as result, we deserve to be treated just like other LGAs.
Chimaroke Nnamani and Sullivan Chime killed our brothers and sisters at Nimbo Community!

1 Share

Re: Please Help Me Pass This On To Enugu Govt And People by faaz24: 3:28pm On May 03, 2016
May God wipe away the tears of the people of Enugu state and make Nigeria peaceful...To those criminals, your days are numbered, the wrath of God will soon descend on all of you and your sponsors.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Pass This On To Enugu Govt And People by Gmajor(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2016
Op have you heard of libel before ?
Also who is responsible for the aguata killings
Re: Please Help Me Pass This On To Enugu Govt And People by inkon: 3:48pm On May 03, 2016
You may be out on a limb.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Top 30 Most Powerful Militaries In Africa / What Exactly Is The Reason Behind The Power Failures In The Country For Decades? / PHOTOS: Member House Of Reps Lagos Donates Free School Bus To Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.