Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,653 members, 7,955,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:47 AM

May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage (1049 Views)

Labour Presents New Minimum Wage Demand Above The N56,000 Earlier Proposed / FG Okays 29-member Panel On N56,000 Minimum Wage Demand / NLC Proposes N56,000 As Minimum Wage To Fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by lecturerdabo(m): 4:38am On Apr 30, 2016
By Johnbosco Agbakwuru & Gabriel Ewepu

THE Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC, and Trade Union Congress, TUC, have maintained stance on N56, 000 as new minimum wage with other demands to raise workers’ standard of living.

This declaration was made by Deputy President, NLC, Comrade Peters Adeyemi, during a press conference on the activities marking May Day with theme, ‘The Working Class and the Quest for Socio-Economic Revival’, on May 1, 2016 to hold at the Eagle Square, Abuja, and across the 36 states of the federation. Adeyemi said with the current N18, 000 minimum wage workers in the country can no longer cope with the biting economic challenges.

He also charged the Federal Government to intensify effort on the search and release of Chibok girls abducted two years ago by Boko Haram at their school in Chibok Borno State.

He said: “The 2016 May Day National Rally will hold at the Eagle Square Abuja and in all the capitals of the 36 states of the Federation. The theme of this year’s Mat Day is, ‘The Working Class and the Quest for Socio-Economic Revival’. For the Nigerian workers under the umbrella of NLC and TUC, May Day is a happy and symbolic day when we join our comrades all over the world to celebrate the dignity of labour.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/may-day-nlc-tuc-maintain-stance-n56000-minimum-wage/
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by Eboski(m): 4:55am On Apr 30, 2016
NLC I will advise you people to calm down
cos I see you people will not achieve this with this current govt.
when some state can't even pay the 18,000 minimum wage and you people are beating for 56,000
You just want Dangote to buy some states in Nigeria.
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by lecturerdabo(m): 5:55am On Apr 30, 2016
Eboski:
NLC I will advise you people to calm down
cos I see you people will not achieve this with this current govt.
when some state can't even pay the 18,000 minimum wage and you people are beating for 56,000
You just want Dangote to buy some states in Nigeria.

If Dangote can help my brother, no problem!

18000 Minimum wage is an insult to Nigerian workers considering cost of living in Nigeria currently!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by realestworld(m): 6:08am On Apr 30, 2016
This demand is unrealistic abeg.
They ought to protest about hike in almost everything not this increment salary.
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by ckmayoca: 7:37am On Apr 30, 2016
The 56k is negotiable anyway and if it's been settled to 28k still make some sense. Protesting over hike in price? Mehn.. U wan give soldiers and police reason to kill again and lie it was a riot.
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by naijagobetter(m): 7:53am On Apr 30, 2016
na wa ooo. #18,000 wey states no fit pay na #56,000 dem go pay? Hearing this price of goods will skyrocket, wich way naija?
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by Amanwulu1(m): 7:56am On Apr 30, 2016
It's ur constitutnal right. 4 those saying no money wit d politicians I wonder what ur problems are. Buhari budgeted over N1.5B for food, spent N6B to maintain presidential fleets n pockets his travelling alowances. Same goes wit govs who're busy attending weddings n senators busy buying SUVs yet u close ur eyes to these pending on which politician u support. Now u're telling d real laborers there is no money to pay dem common N56k. Won't u rather raise ur voice for d politicians to also recognize nigeria is broke when it comes to their criminal emoluments.
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by Eboski(m): 8:15am On Apr 30, 2016
lecturerdabo:

If Dangote can help my brother, no problem!

18000 Minimum wage is an insult to Nigerian workers considering cost of living in Nigeria currently!!!
my brother you and I know with PMB that will not achieve it, the true is bitter but let us tell our self the true the 18,000 minimum wage is a peanut competing to what our politicians take home.

Will this present govt who are complaining their is no money in our treasury or the fall of oil price.

I pray they NLC achieve it
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by Aromas: 8:15am On Apr 30, 2016
realestworld:
They ought to protest about hike in almost everything not this increment salary.
Why is it unrealistic? Are you saying FG or States gov't don't have the money to pay their workers?
The increment in every products base on our too much foreign transaction, let try and encourage made in 9ija products and see how things will be easy for us. My opinion thou.
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by Eboski(m): 8:18am On Apr 30, 2016
Amanwulu1:
It's ur constitutnal right. 4 those saying no money wit d politicians I wonder what ur problems are. Buhari budgeted over N1.5B for food, spent N6B to maintain presidential fleets n pockets his travelling alowances. Same goes wit govs who're busy attending weddings n senators busy buying SUVs yet u close ur eyes to these pending on which politician u support. Now u're telling d real laborers there is no money to pay dem common N56k. Won't u rather raise ur voice for d politicians to also recognize nigeria is broke when it comes to their criminal emoluments.
We all know what is happening in this govt once you rise your voice they will send Efcc or Dss after you.
56,000 is to little for civil servants take home
I support any way NLC will use to achieve it.
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by Eboski(m): 8:22am On Apr 30, 2016
naijagobetter:
na wa ooo. #18,000 wey states no fit pay na #56,000 dem go pay? Hearing this price of goods will skyrocket, wich way naija?
my brother is very true u just said now
some state can't even the 18,000 take less of paying 56,000.
if only the governors will cut down there political appointees and focus more capital projects and their civil servants things will be better.
just think how much is a minister take home
but it's the civil servants that are doing the jobs in the various ministries.

1 Like

Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by Eboski(m): 8:24am On Apr 30, 2016
realestworld:
one thing about the NLC TUC and other labour unions don't think about the masses but they want the masses to think about them.
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by Eboski(m): 9:30am On Apr 30, 2016
oga
Lalasticlala......You know what to do about this thread we need you to put smile in our civil servants face

Lalasticlala move the moveable thread to front page for all see if this govt will grant NLC their 56,000 minimum wage salary.
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by Eboski(m): 9:33am On Apr 30, 2016
oga
Lalasticlala......You know what to do about this thread we need you to put smile on our civil servants face

Lalasticlala move the moveable thread to front page for all to see if this govt will grant NLC their 56,000 minimum wage salary.
my prayer is for them to achieve it cos the peanut as take home is nothing compete with our political appointees in our various states
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by kYjelly2: 9:41am On Apr 30, 2016
They are fighting for a better min wage, yet, its Nigerians like some on here that will say its unrealistic.

Why are most Nigerians so daft men

So 18k min wage is the one tat is realistic abi

18k for food, shelter, transportation, clothes, house supplies(soap, tissue...)

Look at the ediot up there saying 56k is unrealistic, but 38 million per car for the senate is realistic huh

I'm just starting to hate most of these daft Nigerians. They are too many and they are everywhere undecided
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by otukpo(f): 10:24am On Apr 30, 2016
I support NLC 100%
Re: May Day: NLC, TUC Maintain Stance On N56,000 Minimum Wage by Amanwulu1(m): 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2016
Eboski:
We all know what is happening in this govt once you rise your voice they will send Efcc or Dss after you.
56,000 is to little for civil servants take home
I support any way NLC will use to achieve it.
Yes let dem fight for their right. If d politicians don't spare d one 4 development na dem sabi.

(1) (Reply)

Trouble For Fayose As Court Orders INEC, PDP To Reject His Men / APC Deputy Chairman’s Son Arrested In Rivers State For Killing & Kidnapping(pics / Boko Haram Logistics Supply Gang Killed In Ambush By Army In Alagarno(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.