Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

“it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors (26546 Views)

Fayose Berates 7 Northern Governors For Endorsing Buhari For 2019 / Northern Governors Receive Osinbajo As He Land In Kaduna 4 Buhari's PA's Wedding / Northern Governors Wives Visit Aisha Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

“it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by hayzee545(m): 10:43am On Apr 30, 2016
The 19 Northern States Governors have risen to condemn those labeling perpetrators of crimes around the country as Fulani people.

The Governors reaction came on the heels of criticism of fulani herdsmen for recent attack in Agatu, Delta, and Enugu, where scores of people lost their lives and properties destroyed.

The 19 states governors who met behind closed doors said, as much as they condemn the recent attacks in Enugu and other parts of the country, they condemned labelling the criminals as Fulani people.

In a briefing with newsmen, shortly after the meeting at the Kaduna Government House Friday evening, Chairman of the Northern States Governors Forum (NSGF) and Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, said, it is an insult to label criminals as Fulani.

Shettima said “We want to unequivocally condemn the recent killings in Enugu and other parts of the country. But we equally condemn the politicisation or permit me, the ‘ethinicisation’ of the whole crisis. It goes beyond Fulani. If anything happens, they say Fulani herdsmen; to me it is an insult.

“Kidnapping in this country originated in the South-east, were they called Igbo kidnappers? We have a great national challenge and we want to call on all and sundry to come and let us solve our common challenges as a people. Because the blood of paternity that binds us together supersedes whatever differences that might divide us,” he stressed.

While he condemned the Agatu killings, the NSGF Chairman, charged the media to avoid sensationalism and harp on issues that bind the country Nigerians together.

Source: http://olumoonline.com/2016/04/30/it-is-an-insult-to-label-fulanis-as-criminals-all-19-northern-governors-rose-in-defense-of-fulani-herdsmen/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by christopher123(m): 10:46am On Apr 30, 2016
hayzee545:
The 19 Northern States Governors have risen to condemn those labeling perpetrators of crimes around the country as Fulani people.

The Governors reaction came on the heels of criticism of fulani herdsmen for recent attack in Agatu, Delta, and Enugu, where scores of people lost their lives and properties destroyed.

The 19 states governors who met behind closed doors said, as much as they condemn the recent attacks in Enugu and other parts of the country, they condemned labelling the criminals as Fulani people.

In a briefing with newsmen, shortly after the meeting at the Kaduna Government House Friday evening, Chairman of the Northern States Governors Forum (NSGF) and Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, said, it is an insult to label criminals as Fulani.

Shettima said “We want to unequivocally condemn the recent killings in Enugu and other parts of the country. But we equally condemn the politicisation or permit me, the ‘ethinicisation’ of the whole crisis. It goes beyond Fulani. If anything happens, they say Fulani herdsmen; to me it is an insult.

“Kidnapping in this country originated in the South-east, were they called Igbo kidnappers? We have a great national challenge and we want to call on all and sundry to come and let us solve our common challenges as a people. Because the blood of paternity that binds us together supersedes whatever differences that might divide us,” he stressed.

While he condemned the Agatu killings, the NSGF Chairman, charged the media to avoid sensationalism and harp on issues that bind the country Nigerians together.

Source: http://olumoonline.com/2016/04/30/it-is-an-insult-to-label-fulanis-as-criminals-all-19-northern-governors-rose-in-defense-of-fulani-herdsmen/

I wonder how Fulani do this

I wonder how they enslaved the whole northern tribes especially Hausa people

Was with a Fulani friend he told me that they don't regard the Hausa people and Hausa never rules Nigeria and don't have any emir in north

I doubted it till I confirmed it here

I give it to Fulani ..they can brainwash people

I wonder how they did that...even hausas have agreed and middle belt are agreeing on Fulani hegemony.

They must be masters of that act. Can you imagine no Hausa man has ever ruled this country before ?

But if herdsman are not criminals what are they
Maybe they are saints in waiting for beatification

151 Likes 8 Shares

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by Ejemehn(m): 10:47am On Apr 30, 2016
Fulani herdsmen involved in stealing and killing of innocent people are criminals.

All Fulani herdsmen in the southern part are potential or suspected criminals just waiting for instructions to strike.

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by juniorportland(m): 10:47am On Apr 30, 2016
then what are they?....mtchew

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by chikel2000(m): 10:49am On Apr 30, 2016
Oh I see! But it is not bad calling the whole south east names?. God will judge dis country. Too much sectionalism n ethnicity on display

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by chriskosherbal(m): 10:53am On Apr 30, 2016
Let's all pray and work together for peace.

3 Likes

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by JikanBaura(m): 10:59am On Apr 30, 2016
Whe now who are the criminals. the ipoO are the criminals nt fulani.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by loopman: 11:02am On Apr 30, 2016
“Kidnapping in this country originated in the South-east, were they called Igbo kidnappers?

That is a below the belt jab at the bewildered Ibos.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by Rayhutar(m): 11:02am On Apr 30, 2016
Country people, nawao o, the north is insensitive even to Agatu people, no calling on Buhari to ensure security of life and properties, they are blaming the victims for calling them fulani and, whether kidnappers else where are called Igbos because kidnapping originated from SE ,this is uncalled for, does it mean that Agatu, Enugu, Delta and Ondo communities dont know the people that is attacking them

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by Naijalastson(m): 11:11am On Apr 30, 2016
loopman:

That is a below the belt jab at the bewildered Ibos.
i stand to be corrected kidnapping started from Niger delta not south east i thing the so called northern governors should have done a proper research before issuing the press release

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by gare(f): 11:16am On Apr 30, 2016
hayzee545:

This they would be so quick to respond, instead of them looking for solutions to the acts of the herdsmen, if they know they don't like being called criminals then they should stop the herdsmen men from going on a killing spree or they would enter into a lot of closed door meetings.

They will soon be call Fulani's terrorists, worse names they ever imagine

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by amtaken(f): 11:17am On Apr 30, 2016
Bla bla bla.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by tommykiwi(m): 11:18am On Apr 30, 2016
They are even more than DAT.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by focus7: 11:32am On Apr 30, 2016
When the kidnapping started in SE did they perpetrated it in an hausa/fulani state or did they kidnapped an hausa/fulani man. Those terrorist nothern governors should withdraw their statement filled with sentiment and apologise to the whole country or indigenes from others state should take up arms and begin to carry out search for the hardmen both within the town and bush and kill them since will consider them as foreigner that came from outside Nigeria to invade us.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by ShowYourCertificate: 11:32am On Apr 30, 2016
Just imagine what these mofos are saying. So if those herdsmen are not Fulani then what are they?

Lalasticlala and Obinoscopy come and see these northern politicians who prefers to cover up the truth

http://thenationonlineng.net/killings-herdsmen-northern-governors-defend-fulani/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by jmoore(m): 11:33am On Apr 30, 2016
Kidnapping originated from South East? What a daft statement!! We all know those who have been kidnapping young christian girls and forcefully convert them to Muslims.

Instead of the northern governors to introduce ranch system to their herdsmen, they are busy ranting nonsense.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by omowolewa: 11:34am On Apr 30, 2016
I hope Benue state governor is among the 19 states they referred to?

Southern Governors should also reject grazing reserves while pushing for state police.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by LordOracle(m): 11:35am On Apr 30, 2016
Naijalastson:
i stand to be corrected kidnapping started from Niger delta not south east i thing the so called northern governors should have done a proper research before issuing the press release
Point of correction!! Kidnapping didnot start from South East nor didnt it start from South South, it started from the North, northerners have been kidnapping our kids and resources since the inception of this fraud call Nigeria!

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by BiafranJesus: 11:37am On Apr 30, 2016
Foolish Islamic terrorists. I am sure the christian slaves from Benue, taraba and kaduna were there

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by dazdilijae(m): 11:37am On Apr 30, 2016
This is how they said in the early days of Boko Haram when "killing Boko haram is killing northerners" why do they turn everything to politics? SMH

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 30, 2016
any fulani man dat leaves d whole north to graze in d south is a potential criminal angry
how can u leave the farms in d north and come to the south to destroy our own farmlands

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by Bigcake: 11:46am On Apr 30, 2016
Why do they refer to militants from south south as Niger-Delta militants? God will punish all the northern governors. My believe is that i cant die alone. Any Fulani herder that tries nonsense within my jurisdiction is a dead fellow. There are many ways to kill a rat. Aneke adiork onor mmufo.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by onexile: 11:48am On Apr 30, 2016
The Northern Governors are all Idio,,ts except Dankwambo of Gombe state.
I didn't expect anything different from idio,tsss

6 Likes

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 30, 2016
Too many dull@rds already.

18 Likes

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by omenka(m): 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2016
Some overly emotional kids would disagree.

Same way you can't call ALL Ijaws "militants".

Same way you can't call all Igbos or Yorubas "ritualists".

Same way you can't call All Igbos "armed robbers", or "drug pushers".

We may throw all the jabs we wish to online, but when this stuffs take such dimension as to have or "leaders" begin to use them, that become a real problem.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2016
omenka:
Some overly emotional kids would disagree.
You have been using 15% of your brain for too long now.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by omenka(m): 12:34pm On Apr 30, 2016
fcbonsai:
any fulani man dat leaves d whole north to graze in d south is a potential criminal angry
how can u leave the farms in d north and come to the south to destroy our own farmlands
And what would you call any igbo man who leaves the whole of South East to get caught with drugs in his anus at an airport in Lagos

Na wa for una logic oo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors by omenka(m): 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2016
imhotep:

You have been using 15% of your brain for too long now.
And I beg that you use 0.15% of yours.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Mustn’t Behave Like PDP, Tinubu Replies Okorocha / Murtala Bello Sokoto: Those Still Saying ‘Sai Baba’ Are Liars - Islamic Cleric / Buhari's Victory Celebration At Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park In Ojota, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.