Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? (43397 Views)

Poll: Does the New Testament require us to tithe?

Yes: 38% (28 votes)
No: 61% (44 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Says God Can Not Change Your Story (photo) / Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant / The Truth Your Pastor Would Not Tell You About Tithes: Tithing Is Unscriptural U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2009
Jagoon:

@tonye t
Why are you wasting your time on this tithe issue? It as already been clearly established on this forum several times that tithing is not a true christian doctrine a it was introduced to christianity as a result of greed on the part of preachers thru distortion of scriptures.

Thank you so much, this is exactly what i was expecting to hear here, Wolves in sheep clothing have infilterated this forum and marred the minds of innocent xtians. and make them too blind to see just a simple truth that titheing is still relevant and that it remains a STANDARD in Xtianity but under a NEW LAW, called the LAW OF GRACE, as i mentioned somewhere

Jagoon my friend, pls kindly read thru' all the comments i made here and pls tell me if i typed any heresy or simple truth as explained by Jesus in the NL, with this i wish to say TITHEING IS STILL RELEVANT in the NL, dont be DECEIVED by folks here who are 100% LOGICAL and professionals in debating who tend to make peeps see a substance out of no substance.

God bless you my friend!

pls i am stating here to anyone who feels that titheing aint relevant to come here and prove it with scriptures and tell me if TITHEING WAS A LAW and where it was plainly stated as a LAW
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2009
If it is relevant to christianity, how come the apostles who were given the mandate by christ to establish christianity never preached or taught their converts to tithe? Why was tithing introduced to the churcg 500 years later by the catholic church? Also read hebrews 7:5-18 tithing was outlawed and condemed for the christian belivers. It is men that have successfully forced tithing into christianity it was never part of it when Jesus and the apostles established christianity.they also warned against false teachings not taught by them from the jewish religion. Surely tithing is a good example of such false teachings.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2009
Jagoon:

If it is relevant to christianity, how come the apostles who were given the mandate by christ to establish christianity never preached or taught their converts to tithe? Why was tithing introduced to the churcg 500 years later by the catholic church? Also read hebrews 7:5-18 tithing was outlawed and condemed for the christian belivers. It is men that have successfully forced tithing into christianity it was never part of it when Jesus and the apostles established christianity.they also warned against false teachings not taught by them from the jewish religion. Surely tithing is a good example of such false teachings.

Answer to your no.1 question is,

In the Kingdom issues, there are some issues which are of more priority than the others, like Jesus stated clearly in Matt.23:23, now when you go out to win souls to Christ do you preach to them about offerings, fasting and/or about administrative issues of the church? i ask you. But rather you tell them about the salvation Christ came to give man, you tell them about the origin of Sin and what its consequences meant for man until Christ came to redeem us, you tell them of man's eternal existence and so on and so forth. Now that is the weightier part of the Law of Christ (called Grace) without Justice, faithfulness and righteousness and such no one can get his /her soul redeem.

But when you give your life to christ, you now belong to a family (called the "Church"wink and where Christ is the head and God the Head of Christ, in this new family its expected that Standards, ordinaces and precepts must be followed in other for things to be in orderliness and decency like Paul mentioned. you dont just go into the church and start misbehaving and misleading hence things are kept for us to follow. Now that is where things like Offerings, Titheings,Giving, Fellowshipping, Prayers/prophesying, fasting and more comes in. All these things are meant to edifiy the church and bring us into oneness in communion.

If you read Paul's account to churches, you'll come to see that Churches were mostly practised in Homes major reasons was the persecution she received back then, later began in halls of houses, cathedrals and towers. well all that are story for anther day. so you see because the Apostles never mentioned it doesnt mean it was abolished, it was simply not a much issue to the soul as the matters of righteouness, godliness and the likes.

From the passage you quoted from Heb.7:5-18 i cant seem to find any verse not even a line relating to the abolishment of tithe, but simply the transference of ordinances by reason of the new priesthood change.

i explained it here better , just click HERE
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 13, 2009
@TONYE-T

The mere fact that the Apostles never practised tithing goes further to prove that tithing was never a christian requirement and will never be.

The Apostle Paul had to work for his own living,all collections collected was freewill collections and were actually meant for taking care of the poor.

Even when tithing was still valid,it never involved money and was never paid monthly.
As I explained earlier.Tithing as practised today in christendom is a fraud and a negation of christian principles.

The book of Galatians clearly warns us in gal 5:4 that those who live by the law are nolonger christians and are cut off from the grace of christ.

By choosing to live in bondage you have rejected the paschal sacrifice of Jesus and has chosen to live by the jewish law,mind you ,it is either you comply with the other requirements of the law or you incure the curse in it as stated by gal 3:10

The statement Jesus in
Matt 23:23
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices — mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law — justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

I have stated here before that when Jesusmade this statement tithe was still valid as other requirements of the jewish law ,the law came to an end in33AD with the death and ressurection of jesus.

The highled portion of the quote clearly states hat tithe was arequirement of the law.

Mind you Jesus was presented to the temple on the 8th day as the jewish law demended ,but since it was part of the jewish law ,it has been abolished.

Mind you when Jesus was still alive in this world burnt offering was still practised
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2009
@tonye t
Evidently you have swallowed the titithing scam hook line and sinker, hence your penchance to justify why the apostle's never included it as a christian practise.I thought I could open yours eyes and release you from the bondage but evidently you enjoy living under the curse of the law instead living the true christian life.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 9:17am On Aug 14, 2009
@Chukwudi and Jagoon,

If you are very sincere with yourself and unbiased in issues of the scriptures, kindly show to me where it was stated in the OT of titheing being a LAW plainly. If you can , then believe me i'll succomb

Mind you, i aint here to win the case of titheing but to simply show you guys the truth that TITHEING is simply a STANDARD and not a LAW, hence was not abolished but should be transferred from one LAW dispensation unto another, like i showed you palinly from the scriptures

Titheing remains a standard and not a LAW OF MOSES, that was why even Abraham practised it even b4 the origin of MOSES' Law

Pride and biase-mindset will profit us nothing but humility and simple obedience to the word of God, JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS ABUSED AND OVER EXPLOITED SIMPLY DOES NOT MAKE IT A BAD THING

Thank you and God bless!
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Ovamboland(m): 10:18am On Aug 14, 2009
See below an interview of recently sacked RCCG pastor Itua Ighodalo's views on tithing. At the bottom are some reades comments.

Reading the article, i could detect some half truths and falsehoods in his asserions, can anyone else spot more?

‘Tithing Is Legal’—Pastor Ighodalo
June 08, 2009 11:06, 842 views
Pastor Ituah Ighodalo of the Redeemed Christian Church of God tells KEMI AKINYEMI that the retention of tithing in Christianity is valid.

Q: What really is the principle behind tithing?
A: Well, you know the spiritual controls the physical. And what happens in the spiritual determines what basically happens in the physical. When God created the earth, He wanted man to do certain things–to worship Him, to fellowship with Him and to obey Him among other things. And when He decided to set the Israelites apart, He set aside, amongst them, a certain tribe, called the Levites. They were people who were set aside of the 12 sons of Jacob. They were not supposed to do any work at all. So, the original thinking of God was that a tithe of a person’s income would be set aside to do God’s work. The original gift that God wanted man to give back to Him was something that they called the first fruit. The first known evidence of the first fruit was in Genesis 4, where Abel brought the first fruit of his flock to God. That first fruit that you give to God is evidence to God that you accept Him as your God; that you put Him first, that you know that everything that you have is from God and that He is your God. So, that is the principle of first fruit. It is an offering of thanksgiving for what God has done for you. The tithe is similar. The tithe is also evidence that in this new income that you have earned before you spend the money at all, you give a tenth of it to God. It also means that you will worship and serve God and acknowledge also that He is your source.

Q: Is the payment based on time or income?
A: The regularity is not based on time. It is based on income. Every income that you earned, you pay the tithe of it. Even the bible says that even the gifts that you get, you pay a tithe thereof. These days, that is not totally practicable. But in everything that you earn, you give a tenth to the Lord Almighty.

Q: So, what is the major medium of payment in these days?
A: These days, it is cash. But originally, it was based on what your land produced. If you were a farmer that planted corn, you would give corn. If you were a cattle rearer, you would give cattle. If you were a wine maker, you would give of your fruits. And what happened then was that you would be the one to take the tithe to the Priest in the temple. Now, there was a time when the priest was a bit far from where you were. Then you would change it into money and take it to the priest. And even when you get to the temple, you may decide to buy any animal or good of your choice and present it to the priest and leave it there in front of him.

Q: But to whom is the tithe supposed to be paid?
A: Well, the tithe is given to the priest. And it belongs to the Levites. The Levites are like the people who work in the temple or the church. They are like a family. They don’t do anything. They didn’t farm. They didn’t do any husbandry. They didn’t have any land. So, they lived off those tithes. That is their sustenance. They themselves took a tenth of the to the High Priest. The priest would then distribute it among the Levites, who would give a tenth of it to whoever their own priest was. Again, you can also give the tithe to the widows, the poor, the fatherless, the destitute and so on. The essence of it is that none will lack. You know that God will not come down to eat or spend money. So, tithe is for the maintenance of those who do the work of God, who prayed, burnt incense, worshipped and fasted on behalf of the children of Israel.
Q: Given the fact that the institution of priesthood has been abolished, how come tithes are still being paid in the church?
A: The position of priesthood has not been abolished. You still have a priest. Your pastor is your priest. He is the man who intercedes on your behalf with God. He is the man who teaches you the principles of God. He is also the man who, sometimes, hears a message from God for you. He is your pastor and priest. So you still have people who do more of God’s work for you and on your behalf. What you are trying to say is that everybody can be a priest in that, you also have direct access to God yourself. That is true because in the past, what happened was that it was only the priest and the High Priest who could enter into the temple or the holy of holies. But now, Christ has come and has been crucified, so everybody has access to that holy of holies. That is true. But you still have people who stand in that gap. These are people who do the work of God, more full time or more of their time than any other people. So, they still stand in the position of the priest.

Q: It is believed that some preachers harp more on the principle of tithing than other scriptural principles like salvation, deliverance and righteousness?
A: Well, I don’t agree with you. Most preachers that I know or I associate with emphasise salvation and then preach tithing. What we try to do is to teach the whole gospel of Christ. And the word gospel means good news to the people. It is good news of a change of circumstance or situation. But the principle of Christianity is that there must be salvation, and this is found in John 3 verse 3. And salvation simply means making a definite commitment to God, giving Him your life and promising to serve Him throughout your life. It can then be extended into receiving the Holy Ghost baptism and all that. But it is a commitment to serving God and living according to God’s principle. That is salvation. First of all, you must be saved before you now begin to obey the laws of God. And tithing is one of those laws. Most pastors that I know talk first about salvation and then teach about tithing, deliverance, holiness, righteous living, healing, wisdom and other life transforming principles. They teach the full gamut of the gospel.

Q: Do you think the law of tithing has been wholly accepted within the church?
A: Most churches, especially the Pentecostal churches, have accepted tithing. People tithe most of the time, but you will always find one or two people who don’t, or who don’t tithe regularly. And that is not because they don’t accept it. It is either they are forgetful, lazy or they have pressures of money, and they would rather quickly use the money for something else before paying their tithes. But basically, most Pentecostal Christians do accept it. And even Orthodox Christians accept it too, because they teach it in their churches as well.

Q: Did the Scriptures record any of the apostles paying tithes?
A: Well, because it is not clearly recorded there, doesn’t mean it wasn’t preached or practised. Jesus Christ Himself spoke about tithe. That shows clearly that Jesus Himself accepted and knew and paid tithes. Besides, it was a Jewish custom. It wasn’t something that you repeated. Everybody accepted it. And you need to know that all the Apostles were Jews. They did their work according to the Jewish custom. For instance, when Jesus was born, eight days after, his mother and father brought Him to the temple. And they gave a sacrifice of two turtle ducks and one pigeon, which was the required sacrifice if you have a male child and if you are of low income. If you are from a rich family, you will bring a goat, a sheep or even a calf. So, these were Jewish customs. It wasn’t worth repeating to the audience of the day. And wherever the Apostles went and they taught Christianity, they also taught their people some of these Jewish customs. So, it was handed down. And really, in the Bible, tithe was not something you kept repeating in terms of teaching. For instance, you never heard David repeating that he was paying tithes. And you never heard Solomon repeating that he was paying tithes. But we all know that Solomon gave a sacrificial offering. But it was taught first in Leviticus, repeated in Deuteronomy, taught in Proverb Chapter 4, taught also in Malachi and Jesus made mention of it in the New Testament.

Q: Can one’s refusal to pay tithes amount to committing a sin?
A: More or less, yes! It is a sin. It is disobedience, and disobedience is sin. So, when you don’t pay tithe, you are in disobedience and you are in sin. And it is such that you will see the consequences of the sin because your finances will be affected. It has happened to a lot of people like that.

ShareThis
Did you Enjoy this story? you may want to subscribe to our RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!
Random Post
• December 9, 2008 -- Giving Thanks (0)
• February 2, 2009 -- Top Earners (0)
• January 19, 2009 -- A New Oshodi (7)
• April 15, 2008 -- Anger Over Bad Road (1)
• June 16, 2008 -- Farida Waziri: Anointed By Crooks (0)
• September 15, 2008 -- Quotes; 22 September, 2008 (0)
• March 16, 2009 -- Single And Definitely Happy—Akunna Ejim (0)
• December 22, 2008 -- Power For The People (0)
• August 11, 2008 -- Shake-Up In Bauchi (1)
• June 1, 2009 -- Not Just Ready (0)
No tags for this post.
Related posts
• No related posts.
Comments (7)
1. Patrick Agbobu
12 June 2009 18:06
We should stop deluding oursleves, prayer does not change anything, it only changes the person who prays. We should stand up very tall and ask ourselves, what is the way forward for Nigeria? We should reorganise ourselves and our piorities. Nigerians are too vain and we love greatly material things. We always ask for and look for what we want and not what we need. We have the worst roads and we want to use state of the art latest cars, which we do not have the capacity to service. Our women are seen on okada with the latest disigner bags. We commit frauds and 419 and end up spraying the money to show off. Most of the so called political players have criminal records that can stretch 10 miles, amongst them are drug barons, assasins, kidnappers and what have you. Most of our religious prechers are very fraudulent. Most of our Paramound Rulers or Kings, or Obas etc. give the best chieftaincy titles to the most dubious persons in the societies as long as there is money to shower on them. Thieves and very dubious and questionable individuals are hailed and showered with prases by sycophants who form the majority. No body is asked even by ones parents the sourse of his or sudden wealth. This can not be allowed to continue and no prayer can save us from these bad behaviours. our founding fathers, Dr. Azikiwe, Chief Awolowo, The Saduana of Sokoto, Tafawa Balewa, Okpara, Macauley, just to mentioned a few did not live these types of lives we are living today. In their days we had constant electricity, good and safe roads, functional hospitals and schools etc. Instead of improving on the work these noble men and women did, we are sinking futher and futher into oblivion.
2. Chidi Ezeakolam
13 June 2009 03:25
Ighodalo you are a 419 pastors. God is waiting to punish all of you defrauding people who are seeking to know him.
Go and study your bible very well as St Paul directed Christians “study to show yourself approved….a workman…”. Tithe started in the bible when the Jews had no political leadership but spiritual leaders. It was a form of taxation. Trace it very well throughout the bible you will see that the emphasis of tithing dropped when kings were established and taxation became in full force. You fraudulent pastors always refer to the comments of Micah but never stated that the founder of the church did not pay tithe even as he recognized the importance of high priest. JESUS paid TAX not tithe and he never directed his followers to pay tithe.
3. Chiedu Enebeli
17 June 2009 15:45
Thank you pastor Ighodalo for speaking the truth.People use their common sense(sense knowledge) to analyse God, but God’s ways are not our ways.Tithing is Biblical and a commandment which nobody should debate or argue about.Every born again child of God should be a thither.I will like to appeal to viewers/commentators to mind their language and stop making mockery of their destiny by insulting genuine men of God that speak the truth.People shuold understand that the truth remains the truth no matter who is saying it.God bless you Pastor Ighodalo
4. Chiedu Enebeli
17 June 2009 15:49
Thank you pastor Ighodalo for speaking the truth.People use their common sense(sense knowledge) to analyse God, but God’s ways are not our ways.Tithing is Biblical and a commandment which nobody should debate or argue about.Every born again child of God should be a tither.I will like to appeal to viewers/commentators to mind their language and stop making mockery of their destiny by insulting genuine men of God that speak the truth.People shuold understand that the truth remains the truth no matter who is saying it.God bless you Pastor Ighodalo
5. Sholarger
18 June 2009 15:00
@ Chiedu Enebeli , young man or old man whichever one it seems.
If you feel agrieved by someone’s comment, don’t be too harsh on them , it might be that they interviewer has not conveyed their whole message. Now if it concerns a Pastor or someone that calls himself a Pastor, never call them 419. You might have just placed a curse at a department of your life for calling him 419. What if what he said was inspired by the spirit of God or God spoke to him ??
you dont know and can not be too sure , so keep calm and avoid unnecessary curse in the name of passing comments.
perharps you need deliverance now , who knows.
Take care and njoy ur life
6. Sholarger
18 June 2009 15:01
sorry the previous message was for Chidi Ezeakolam
@ Chidi Ezeakolam
young man or old man whichever one it seems.
If you feel agrieved by someone’s comment, don’t be too harsh on them , it might be that they interviewer has not conveyed their whole message. Now if it concerns a Pastor or someone that calls himself a Pastor, never call them 419. You might have just placed a curse at a department of your life for calling him 419. What if what he said was inspired by the spirit of God or God spoke to him ??
you dont know and can not be too sure , so keep calm and avoid unnecessary curse in the name of passing comments.
perharps you need deliverance now , who knows.
Take care and njoy ur life
7. Chidi Ezeakolam
20 June 2009 02:30
Chiedu Enebeli, I don’t even care about the language you may deem appropriate or not. Are you sure you are not one of them? I am not afraid of any mischievous thought or opinion in the name of curse since it does not leave your mouth, Any way the same bible told us “You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free”. I stand by my words. Any pastor or persons preaching of tithe is fraudulent. As a tent maker after leaving legal profession, St Paul paid tax NOT Tithe. I am convinced that any person led by the spirit of GOD knows this truth. If you are smart enough, you could have convinced me or other readers that Jesus Christ, St Paul, or Peter or any other apostle paid tithe. But you did not
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Gentleme1: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2009
@Tonye-T

for once i have been able to see someone who could start up and say something so true of titheing. Tonye-T thank you, u just opened my eyes to know titheing better now. maybe titheing is not a bad idea only that its been badly exploited

thank you
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 14, 2009
If you are very sincere with yourself and unbiased in issues of the scriptures, kindly show to me where it was stated in the OT of titheing being a LAW plainly. If you can , then believe me i'll succomb.

Why don't you show me where in the OT that burnt offerings were LAW PLAINLY

Mind you, i aint here to win the case of titheing but to simply show you guys the truth that TITHEING is simply a STANDARD and not a LAW, hence was not abolished but should be transferred from one LAW dispensation unto another, like i showed you palinly from the scriptures

So tithing was the only part of the mosaic law that could be transfered from one covenant to the other ? what about other part of the laws like burnt offerings,circumcision e.t.c what double standard

Even if I were to assume that tithe was indeed transfered where was it stated that it was to be converted to money or that it should be done monthly or weekly?.

Titheing remains a standard and not a LAW OF MOSES, that was why even Abraham practised it even b4 the origin of MOSES' Law[/color]

Abraham also practised burnt offerings before moses

[color=#990000]Pride and biase-mindset will profit us nothing but humility and simple obedience to the word of God, JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS ABUSED AND OVER EXPLOITED SIMPLY DOES NOT MAKE IT A BAD THING

Tithing uder christianity is a fraud and a negation of christian principles,Galatians 5:4 clearly states that those who practises things like these have cut themselves from christ and are therefore outside it's grace

Gentle me:

@Tonye-T

for once i have been able to see someone who could start up and say something so true of titheing. Tonye-T thank you, u just opened my eyes to know titheing better now. maybe titheing is not a bad idea only that its been badly exploited

thank you

No he has only succeded in pushing you further into bondage and damnation
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Gentleme1: 1:33pm On Aug 14, 2009
@Chukwudi,

you are so blind in ur sense of judgement! The guy (Tonye-T) plainly showed you passages in the OT that showed Burnt offerings and the likes to be LAW, no where was it seen that tithe was included as a law, ok he even went on to differentiate btw LAW and Ordinances and even precepts, and even explained that LAWS are made to guide how precepts should be followed and administered.

His explanations are so simple and clear yet you rather seem to be the one doing the crying, insulting and all worth not, come on cant you just read his posts one after the other and see for your self that maybe perhaps it could be your greed and biased mindset thats actually making you stay away from titheing, check out this quote he made :"just because something is abused and over exploited does make it bad afterall" rather what me and you are suppose to do is to find a way out of this bad shepherds who milk us dry and yet we go home not blessed but deceived
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2009
@Gentle me

Tithe was clearly defined in deut14:22-29,deut 26:12 ,and several other OT pasages as part of the Law ,it goes further to show who should eat these tithes,what can be tithed and the frequency of tithe paying.

It was clearly shown in this passages that only Agricultural products could be tithed,and these products could only be converted to money if the place of worship is too far,even at that the tither was still required on getting to the temple to reconvert the money into food items for him to feast with himself and his family.

The tithe paid to levites were paid only once in three years,and it never involved money,.

The tithe paid[b] annually [/b] wasn for the tither to feast with himself and his family.

The monetary and[b] monthly[/b] tithing practised today has no biblical backing and is an act of criminality and heresy.

The tithe paid by Abraham to melchizedek ,was voluntary and was paid just once,there was no instruction for it to continue .Abraham also offered burnt offering and circumcision which were also included in the mosaic law.

Today burnt offering has been stopped,even though we are circumcised today ,it has no religious undertone but only a medical precaution.

If you still want to tithe ,it has to be annually (for you and your famly to eat) and once in three years (for levites or melchizedek if you see him).mind you choosing to live by the jewish law means you have rejected the grace of christ,you better comply with the numerous other unlucrative aspects of the law or you incure the curse stated in Gal 3:10
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2009
@ Gentle me,

isnt it so kind to see a someone who's taken the time to read and understand for himself the basis for titheing in the NT, thanks Bro, am glad someone understands

@Chukwudi44,

you seem to be repeating what you've already asked here and received answers to, i'll no more explain things but allow you go back and read and search the scriptures i provided you maybe then we could havce a better platform

whats more important is a soul who's now come to understand titheing better

God bless you
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2009
@tonye-t

I only explained to you the heresy of tithing in today's christianity.
I went further to prove to you that the Apostles never practised tithing as christians.

To end the matter why don't you post a bible passage wher christians(not jews) paid or were asked to pay tithes.

I think that should solve the problem ,you can also biblically show me how you arrived at monetary and monthly tithing
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by KunleOshob(m): 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2009
@chukwudi44
I just read through your posts and I see you have been putting up a strong fight for the undiluted truth as regards the defunct practise of biblical tithing now corrupted by crooks and charlatans out to make a quick buck. May God bless your effort in revealing the truth to these lost souls who are being defrauded and raped by so called men of god in the name of tithes. I have been away from NL for a while due to business pressures, I hope to be back to join in the battle to redeem lost souls who think they can bribe their way to salvation through crooked preachers and pastors.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by MadMax1(f): 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2009
@chuckwudi44
You make tons of sense. But it's hard for people to let go of deeply-held beliefs, however false. Imagine tithing for years and believing the love and grace of God is conditioned on that,and then learning tithing is irrelevant and at no time required for Christians; in most cases, the best-case scenario is, they acknowledge tithing is unChristian, but continue the practice anyway,because they don't want to 'risk' finacial failure. Never mind that some tithe for years with no discernible difference in their finances, and some tithe and have more because they work hard for it, but still ascribe their financial success to tithing. Some of the richest people on earth aren't Christians and don't tithe, and they get wealthier and wealthier. We are called to give to the poor, and to help orphans and widows and others in need of our help. We are not caled to tithe and our finacial prosperity doesn't rest on it. But everyone's entitled to their beliefs and if they want to tithe even when they realise they don't have to, it's their money and their affair.

Non-Jews, Christians or no, were never under the law in the first place. The OT laws are for Jews and is part of their cultural and religious heritage, not to mention one of the foundations of a religion different from Christianity: Judaism. Christ rescued JEWS from the law,because it was to Jews that the laws were given. We're 'gentiles' , partakers of the salvation of Christ. Jewish laws have absolutely nothing to do with us. What Christ preached, and all he stood for, are what is ours. Unless you're a Jew, the OT has very little to do with you, and tithing nothing at all. That's the problem with importing the culture that sprung a religion along with the religion instead of separating the two.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Bobbyaf(m): 2:14am On Aug 16, 2009
@ chukwudie

Matt 23:23
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices — mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law — justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Mr tonye -t ,I think the bold part says it all,tithe was part of the jewish law.

Was the priesthood system Jewish? Where in the NT does it say we must continue the priesthood system?

When Jesus made that statement,he had not yet died ,so tithe and other jewish rites of the law were still valid.

So why is it one is not able to find one statement saying that tithing was no longer valid? Why is it that the changes you speak of were not once mentioned by Jesus to His disciples. You'd think that that was the appropriate thing for Jesus to have done seeing that such changes were vital and important. Most Christians teach of many changes that have taken place in the era of the NT, yet when you ask them to furnish proof of change, they cannot.

Can you find a statement that suggests a change in tithing, and if there has been a change what has been put in place of it?

The only way you can validate tithe in contemporary christianity is to show where in the Bible tithe was practised after the death of Jesus christ.

The argument goes both ways. You cannot prove that it wasn't either.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Bobbyaf(m): 3:43am On Aug 16, 2009
My take has always been this. If something is good do not replace it. None of you can argue against tithing from a biblical basis. All your arguments are self-generated. Its neither biblical nor practical.

Tithing is a long established principle that had its origin before there was ever a Jewish nation. Systematic giving requires a greater level of faithfulness on the part of those who give back what belongs to God. If it was holy then, it is holy now.

Abraham gave a tithe to the King-Priest called Melchizedek.

"18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. 19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: 20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all."

This passage predates any Mosaic or Jewish law. It highlights a principle that God later magnified during the Jewish system, but as far as some Christians are concerned anything Jewish must be either legalistic or bad. This is simply ridiculous, because it makes God look as if He is inconsistent, and only operates partially by giving laws only to the Jews that have no application to other dispensations.

The Christian church today operates on the same premise. It needs a principle of systematic giving that will prove the faithfulness of God's people to His cause, and the tithing is the perfect system to provide such a support. When God blesses you with health to work He stipulates that you return a 10th of your increase. That 10th is His. It doesn't belong to you. It is sacred money just as it was sacred and holy to the Lord in times past.

How is the tithe used you might ask? Its used to support the ministry, in which ministers of the gospel are paid. The offerings should be taken  up to pay church expenses, but the "tithe is holy unto the Lord".

Ministers today with their prosperity gospel are highly unethical. They are only concerned about money, and use the gospel as a front to cover up their real motive. Woe unto them! The tithing system prevents such a mockery of the gospel. No preacher has to beg people to give money for a worthy cause, if they already know and believe that the tithes are what God has ordained to initiate the blessing.

God simply commanded to bring all the tithes into His storehouse, or treasury. If you fail to do it you are a thief, and a robber. Enough said.

I didn't say it God did!
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 16, 2009
@bobbyaf
I thought you were actually more intelligent ang knowledgeable than all the hubris you wrote above. I wouldn't even bother to respond to heretic staements you made cos enough has been written on this forum to prove that tithing today is a fraudulent practise which as extremely very weak sciptural basis amd is preached on the basis of distorted scripture. That is apart from the fact that hebrew7 :5,11,12&18 make it clear that tithing as been done away with becos it is a weak useless and fraudulent practise.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by anonimi: 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2009
tonye-t:

@Chukwudi and Jagoon,

If you are very sincere with yourself and unbiased in issues of the scriptures, kindly show to me where it was stated in the OT of titheing being a LAW plainly. If you can , then believe me i'll succomb

Maybe your Bible does not contain this passage: Matthew 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise [1] and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Or maybe someone tore off these 25 OT passages from your Bible:

http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=tithe&ver=kjv&as_within=1-39
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by ttalks(m): 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2009
tonye-t:

@Chukwudi and Jagoon,

Heb 7:5
(5) And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 17, 2009
Abraham gave a tithe to the King-Priest called Melchizedek.
[quote\]

Did cain,Abel,Noah and Abraham not give burnt offerings long before moses existed,
why dont you continue with burnt offerings since it preceded the law.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 17, 2009
Tonye t, I guess you have no choice but to succomb now as ttalks has shown clearly from scripture thjat tithes was a part of the law. That apart I think you need to pray for forgiveness for deceiving innocent christians to practise the heretic act of mordern tithing. Also you should join this crusade of sharing the biblical truth about tithing to other christians to ensure that brethen are realeased from this evil bondage they have been placed under by their so called men of god.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 10:15am On Aug 17, 2009
@ Jagoon, Chukwudi44, Mad_max, amonimi, KunleOshod and co.

No one knows how glad i feel to get more audience to this issue, this are what makes christianity and life's issues very interesting and thrilling

I will take you guys one for the other

Back to the Topic:

chukwudi44:

@tonye-t

I only explained to you the heresy of tithing in today's christianity.
I went further to prove to you that the Apostles never practised tithing as christians.

To end the matter why don't you post a bible passage wher christians(not jews) paid or were asked to pay tithes.

I think that should solve the problem ,you can also biblically show me how you arrived at monetary and monthly tithing

Chukwudi,

I think you are really deviating from the main topic, no one at any time has said titheing should be made monthly or should be made monetarily, we are stating that TITHEING as a practice remains a standard in the new testament regardless of if its made with agric produce or money, that aint the issue here, besides, is there anyone who receives his/her wages in agricultural produce? if not money, so reaffirm your stands again.

KunleOshob:

@chukwudi44
I just read through your posts and I see you have been putting up a strong fight for the undiluted truth as regards the defunct practise of biblical tithing now corrupted by crooks and charlatans out to make a quick buck. May God bless your effort in revealing the truth to these lost souls who are being defrauded and raped by so called men of god in the name of tithes. I have been away from NL for a while due to business pressures, I hope to be back to join in the battle to redeem lost souls who think they can bribe their way to salvation through crooked preachers and pastors.

KunleOshod, my friend and brother, no one is putting up a fight talk less of a strong one cheesy NL hasnt become a battle ground, its a forum to discuss and not to fight ok?, anyways nice to see you come around, your comment to Chukwudi44 as i understand,is still on the ground that titheing is bad simply not because Jesus never commanded but because some charlatans are abusing it, which draws us back to the fact i have been making here all the while that "just because something is over-exploited and abused hasnt mean it was bad from its original intention. May God bless your business and hope you come back real soon. smiley smiley

Mad_Max:

@chuckwudi44
You make tons of sense. But it's hard for people to let go of deeply-held beliefs, however false. Imagine tithing for years and believing the love and grace of God is conditioned on that,and then learning tithing is irrelevant and at no time required for Christians; in most cases, the best-case scenario is, they acknowledge tithing is unChristian, but continue the practice anyway,because they don't want to 'risk' finacial failure. Never mind that some tithe for years with no discernible difference in their finances, and some tithe and have more because they work hard for it, but still ascribe their financial success to tithing. Some of the richest people on earth aren't Christians and don't tithe, and they get wealthier and wealthier. We are called to give to the poor, and to help orphans and widows and others in need of our help. We are not caled to tithe and our finacial prosperity doesn't rest on it. But everyone's entitled to their beliefs and if they want to tithe even when they realise they don't have to, it's their money and their affair.

Non-Jews, Christians or no, were never under the law in the first place. The OT laws are for Jews and is part of their cultural and religious heritage, not to mention one of the foundations of a religion different from Christianity: Judaism. Christ rescued JEWS from the law,because it was to Jews that the laws were given. We're 'gentiles' , partakers of the salvation of Christ. Jewish laws have absolutely nothing to do with us. What Christ preached, and all he stood for, are what is ours. Unless you're a Jew, the OT has very little to do with you, and tithing nothing at all. That's the problem with importing the culture that sprung a religion along with the religion instead of separating the two.

Hi sister, From your comment here, one could just see that you didnt really take your time to go thru' the topic from the very start, all you said here is what Chuwkudi44 has said too, and i have addressed that,

1. Titheing was never a LAW in the first place, i showed scriptures that clearly stated other offerings and practises as laws and there was never a place that showed TITHE as a LAW, rather an oridinance, refer to previous comments for clerifications. And since it was an ordinance it meant that its place in the LAW of Moses was simply to show how it ought to be administered. GET THIS: "Laws are decrees that show/provide how standards are to be administered" and this is where titheing falls in. Titheing is a standard and that was why Abraham practised it b4 the advent of Moses' Law, because recall that Bible said he paid tithe but did not tell us he gave it to widows and such, the inclusion of widows and so on, where just how tithing should be administered in the nation of Israel. Pls show me where it was stated that titheing was a LAW so tell me why it should be abolished with the Law of Moses, Afterall the introduction of Jesus christ also gave us a LAW but this time, the LAW of Christ.

I am still saying you guys should go back to the scriptures (OT) and show me where it was stated as a Law, show me a portion that says anything as close to "and the lord gave them a law of titheing, . ," maybe i am not reading the same scriptures as you guys. we had the LAW OF BURNT OFFERING, THE LAW OF . . .OFFERING, THE LAW OF FLUID DISCHARGE and so on and so forth, to this day i still try to fing where it was stated THE LAW OF TITHEING.pls lets always try to read the scriptures ourselves and not follow what others say about biblical issues. God bless you my Sister.

Jagoon:

@bobbyaf
I thought you were actually more intelligent ang knowledgeable than all the hubris you wrote above. I wouldn't even bother to respond to heretic staements you made cos enough has been written on this forum to prove that tithing today is a fraudulent practise which as extremely very weak sciptural basis amd is preached on the basis of distorted scripture. That is apart from the fact that hebrew7:5,11,12&18 make it clear that tithing as been done away with becos it is a weak useless and fraudulent practise.

this is one thing i really detest here in NL, i hate it when folks say awful things about the other simply because the later is trying to express his/her views, lets be matured here pls. If you have a view to your opinion why dont you start thus and stop calling names here. God bless you!
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 10:28am On Aug 17, 2009
@Bobbyaf,

Thank you bro for your explanation. i apreciated that!
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 17, 2009
Tonye t
I am appalled that you are still claiming tithing was not a part of the law despite the clear statement in hebrews 7:5 which ttalks posted to prove it was part of the law. It shows the extent some of you go picking, choosing and rejecting scripture as it suits your whims and caprices. Anyway a word is enough for the wise, stop twisting scipture/ adding and subtracting from it, there is a curse attached to doing so.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by MadMax1(f): 11:50am On Aug 17, 2009
I did go through the posts from the beginning, and everything Chuckwudi said was right on the money. There ws little to add. You go on about laws and ordinances, distinctions no one in the New Testament,wherein our faith lies, has bothered to make. Even in the NT many issues were about the concerns of new Christian Jews,who had previously known nothing except the law:Should they eat certain foods,should they continue to practice the law,etc. They initially saw Christ and the new faith as Jewish property, and lof of the dialogues were between Jews and other Jews. But in vision, God showed Peter animals that Jews considered 'unclean' like they do gentiles, and the commandment, Kill and Eat. He quickly understood that salvation is freely offered to Gentiles too. Tithing is part of Jewish Law, and you saw the scripture where Christ himself called it so. But perhaps you know more than the Jewish Messiah what constitutes the Law in his own times and culture. And it has been plainly stated in the NT that Christ has abolished the law, so Jews were free to disregard it under faith in Christ. As a gentile, theMosaic laws are none of our concern. We were never under the law, and thinking so doesn't make it so. It's a self-evident fact: the law was given to the Jews. We are not Jews.

Even the famous Malachi 3:10 only needs to be read in full before you realise no one has a right to base tithing on that, and the verse alone was excised and taken out of context. The NT makes no bones about how we are to live and what we are to do and what we are to abstain from. This is good, this is sin, this is beneficial. If tithing brings financial prosperity, I'm certain exactly that would have been taught by Christ, the author of our faith. But no such teaching exists.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2009
I am still saying you guys should go back to the scriptures (OT) and show me where it was stated as a Law, show me a portion that says anything as close to "and the lord gave them a law of titheing, . ," maybe i am not reading the same scriptures as you guys. we had the LAW OF BURNT OFFERING, THE LAW OF . . .OFFERING, THE LAW OF FLUID DISCHARGE and so on and so forth, to this day i still try to fing where it was stated THE LAW OF TITHEING.pls lets always try to read the scriptures ourselves and not follow what others say about biblical issues. God bless you my Sister

is it that you can't just read or is it that you are just being mischievious,several times have I and others here posted quotes from the scripture that cleary shows tithe to be part of the jewish law ,any way I will repost.

Heb 7:5
(5) And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham

Matthew 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise [1] and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

what more quotations do you need top know that tithe was part of the law,If you say it practised before Moses ,what about burnt offerings and circumcision that were equally practised before the law.Why have we stopped burnt offerings?

I think you are really deviating from the main topic, no one at any time has said titheing should be made monthly or should be made monetarily, we are stating that TITHEING as a practice remains a standard in the new testament regardless of if its made with agric produce or money, that aint the issue here, besides, is there anyone who receives his/her wages in agricultural produce? if not money, so reaffirm your stands again.

criminal who call themselves pastors insist that tithes should be paid from the monthly income and also collect money from their thouroghly brainwashed victims.

Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2009
Even the legitimate and now obsolete tithing law that God ordained was strictly from agricultural produce and not from income or money as clearly expressed in deut 14:22-29, yet today criminals who demand/ preach tithes in their greed are stretching the meaning to include money,income,gifts e.t.c judgement day would truely be very interesting.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Tonyet1(m): 11:38am On Aug 18, 2009
@ Chukwudi, Jagoon and Mad_max,

Good day Friends, i saw your comments and felt i should explain what you guys claim you know but prolly dont, this is prolly what i keep saying here that the scriptures will only present itself to you the way you approach it, if biased , it will mean nothing, if prudent it will profit all things.

I promise not to argue here as its not of me to do so, but will rather give a clear breakdown of this thing called TITHE and its significance as the spirit of God gives me utterance.

What is Tithe?
TITHE
Tenths of produce, property, or spoils, dedicated to sacred use.
(from Fausset's Bible Dictionary, Electronic Database Copyright (c)1998, 2003 by Biblesoft)

Titheing before the advent/origin of the children of Israel was a CUSTOM, it was needful that for every spoil or profit anyone made, he should set apart some quota for the king, or their deity and this they did as a form of WORSHIP and this things were both practised and ritually kept by heathens. well that alone is a topic of its own.

The Origin of Tithe:

Alot of people today clearly believed that the titheing began with the exodus of the israelites from the land of egypt, the answer remains no as the concept and practise began way back Abraham and even Jacob. I will spare nothing to say that titheing was and has always remained a CUSTOM.

When Abram was blessed by the High Priest Melchizedek, He gave him one tenth of everything he gained from defeating Chedorlaomer and the kings who were with him.

"And Abraham gave him one tenth of everything." [Gen. 14:20], now it was no mistake that it was only Abraham's and Jacob's adherence that got documented and later seen from the scriptures before the introduction of the law, that still never meant that it was never practised by other heathens. Later we saw Jacob in Gen.28:22 saying "And this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, shall be God's house; and of all that you give me I will surely give one tenth to you." [Gen. 28:22]

Titheing in The Law:

This is where we all get it wrong today, folks think that titheing is/was a Law, but if it was , then how come Abraham (the patriach) paid, how come the real Israel himself (Jacob) paid. If one read thru' leviticus and more, you'll clearly find that Titheing was a task, it was an obligation, it was a requirement, it was a standard and never a Law.

Now i heard someone ask what is a LAW?

A Law is a set of decree/ruling/or any piece of legistlation binding how concepts/principles/standards should be followed/administered/kept to a people.(you can prefarably post a better definition should you find one). Now if you look carefully at this definition you'll find that for a law to be called a law, some things must be in place which are the concepts and standards or traditions as others may call it. Laws in otherswords validate principles. Make no mistakes LAWS ARE NOT PRINCIPLES OR CONCEPTS OR TRADITIONS BUT THEY RATHER VALIDATE AND INERT THE LATER.do you get it? Now my standings are this:

- If titheing was a LAW or Law of Moses as some say it is, then how come the Patriachs practised it, do you mean to say that moses gave the law before Abraham was born or was Jacob in the days when Moses gave the Law.

- To buttress more further this truth, they was never a place in the mosaic law that stated Titheing as a law, rather we saw clearly statements like "NOW THIS IS THE LAW OF BURNT OFFERING ( Lev.6:9) , NOW THIS IS THE LAW OF THE CEREAL OFFERING, LAW OF THE SIN OFFERING, LAW OF THE GUILT, LAW OF PEACE OFFERING, LAW OF THE BEAST AND BIRD, LAW OF LEPROUS DISEASE, LAW OF FLUID DISCHARGE AND so on, there was never such a thing as THE LAW OF TITHEING. so why do many still say that titheing/tithe was a LAW. the first appearance of the word "tithe" in the mosaic administration was in lev.27:30 and it said "And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord." Now it will not require you any bachelor's degree to understand that "the lord taught them how to administer the tithe and who owned it" and further reading of tithe gave thus also. Titheing here simply shows that it belongs to God and no body else.

- Thirdly if we still claim that it was abolished, then offerings should as well be abolished, because they were all included in the Mosaic law, why would "one law" be abolished while they other valid.answer yourself this. This alone goes to show that neither of them was a law but precepts that were included in the law of moses and thus was not abolished.

WAS THE LAW ABOLISHED?

How many of us have really taken the time to ask ourselves if any portion of the scriptures gave that the Law was abolished, to my understanding it rather said in Matt.5:17 - "Think not that i came to DESTROY the LAW . . .,i am not come to destroy but to fulfil" So where does this heretic phrase of "abolished" or "destroy" came about. To my understanding, Christ fulfilled the law in that he became all the requirements that the law for its perfection, e.g. were things like the blood, the lamp, the sacrifice, the stigma, the judgements. Ask yourself this, if christ fulfilled all concepts (not law) then why do we still give offerings, wouldnt it have been hypocritical or rather conflicting, i ask you? It is required of xtians that we clearly have the true knowledge of things as against the public views and approaches.

DID JESUS TALK ABOUT TITHEING?

The answer is yes, but then many folks say that it was spoken to rebuke hypocrites as such it does not affect us, with this i say then, who is more hypocritical, the rebuked or the self-righteous, and i ask them questions like, ok what happened to instances when Jesus rebuked Peter, James and John, are we also to say that since it was not to us, then we dont fall-a-fault there. whether it was said to the pharisees or to the disciples, it made no difference,as neither is justified without the holy spirit. In Jesus' comment and rebuke to them, he plainly and clearly stated in Matt 23:23-24

23 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices — mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law — justice, mercy and faithfulness. [size=14pt]You should have practiced the latter without neglecting the former[/size]NIV. Did Christ say anything like "you should have practiced the latter without practising the former? i ask you. or do you mean to say that becos he never said it to his disciples so it doesnt fall on us? ridiculous i say! if thats the argument, then read down that passage and you'll find in vs.25-26

25 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean
NIV

so because he never mentioned disciples there, means that warning doesnt wasnt to us,hmmm i see. so what applies to me are the ones he said to the disciples directly, what a twist of scriptures.! To me, if Christ 'abolished' it like you guys think, then he would have clearly told everyone to saty out of it and prolly put a hypocritical tag on it. but then the opposite was the case.

WHY IS TITHE GIVEN AS MONEY?

I personally do not tell believers to give in monetary grounds, its simply said, if you can give crops produce why not afterall in some orthodox gatherings they still give their increase of food produce and they all celebrate, but lets be sincere and unbiased here, whom among us do receive wages in these supposed agricultural produce. give your tithe in money as much as you do in offerings,simple!God cannot be deceived!

WHY DO WE GIVE MONTHLY?

Folks when do the large populace of beleivers receive the wages for their labour, is it not monthly, but then i dont find any church that says we should give monthly, if you receive yours quarterly or daily or weekly or yearly then its up to you.

Finally for sake of time, i'll answer the question you guys asked in Heb.7:5,

(5) And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham

This passage has clearly vindicated my point, how?

remember i said it is a concept/standard, now the bible said "the levites received tithes according to how the Law commanded them to", simple. it never said " the levites received tithes as it was a law" hello do you understand? if not then i think a good grammarian should come in here and explain better

i'll stop here for now while i attend to my official duties. God bless you my friends!
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by MadMax1(f): 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2009
I mean this as nicely as it is possible to mean such a thing, but you really are terribly ignorant. Jewish laws and customs have nothing to do with gentiles and is not part of our inheritance. The very verses you flourish has been used to show you tithing is irrelevant to us, is part of Jewish law and has been cancelled by christ. Romans, I think, has much to say about that.
Re: Who Says Tithing Is Not New Testamental? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 18, 2009
@mad_max
I think it is better to leave tonye t alone in his delusions. It is obvious he knows thetruth but he is bent on deceiving others/ being deceived. Imagine in his last post he spoke of people's wages not being agricultural products so it is not acceptable as tithes so as not to deceive God. Can you imagine the absurdity when the bible makes it clear it is agriciltural produce and NOT from wages/income. They are actually flagantrily turning the bible upside down to feed their greed.

@tonye t
Kindly quote at least one verse in the bible [in proper context] which remotely suggests money as a alternate to the yearly tithes from harvest stipulated in the bible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

Aerial Footage Of Experience In Lagos Last Night (Photos ) / Pastor Performing Deliverance In A Strange Way (video) / Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.