Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,764 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (208374 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by hopefulLandlord: 7:53pm On Oct 28, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!
I'm sorry- but I stopped reading your bullshit after you said that.
Get a life.
If you were for real, you would go out-of-your-way to PROVE your IDENTITY, the location of the Church where you preached...
I don't have the time to waste.

lol, you think anyone reads your posts? lmao

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Rhema14(m): 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2016
.... I stumbled on this thread a few days back.. It's so pathetic, I decided not to reply to your write-up hardmirror... But today I just have to.

Reading from your earlier writeups, you made a good start by writing vividly some of ur experiences as a devoted Christian on campus while you were in school... And the big question is what made you turn from such a devoted Christian to an ardent atheist?

I am not here to preach to you hardmirror.... But to remind you of some truth.

I know deep within you.... You know for sure there is a living God.. It's just that you are 'angry at Him' for some reason known to you....

I strongly feel you are only venting and revolting out of anger to a God whom you know exist..... I AM NOT WRITING TO DEFEND GOD, for who am I to do so.

Used started the race strong, you were fervent and zealous, you prayed, fasted, studied the word, preached, etc.... (all the while d devil was not comfortable and was plotting to have you).
Just like how Saul was zealous in persecuting the church and later became the great apostle of light... The devil also sought to use you..

You were once used by God to preach the good news to people (to bring people from darkness to light) ..... Now you are doing the otherwise.... (dragging people to hell)

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Rhema14(m): 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2016
...... The devil has found a loophole in you and that loop hole is KNOWLEDGE...

You thought you are so spiritual you should know everything, hence you started questioning your creator... (Like he owes you an explanation).
I recommend you read read the book of Job chapter 38-41.... If you can answer any of those question.. Then God owes you an answer.

4 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Rhema14(m): 9:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
... I wonder if you have ever seen 'air' yet you believe it exist.......
Knowledge can kill, cause you can never know it all, the more you know the more confused you are the more you want to know... The more you ask silly questions aethist ask
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by alphajoe: 3:01am On Oct 31, 2016
You have not really found Jehovah. Ok I want you to prove to me the existence of athiesm look go to this link and check something that will heal your mind infections http://kocfasm..com
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by oaroloye(m): 2:25pm On Oct 31, 2016
SHALOM!

hopefulLandlord:

lol, you think anyone reads your posts? lmao

ACTUALLY, YES.

The number of people viewing a given page is counted.

. JOHN 7:47-49.

47. Then answered them the Pharisees,
"Are ye also deceived?
48. "Have any of the Rulers
or of the Pharisees believed on him?
49. "But this people
who knoweth not The Law are Cursed."

THIS IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST.

You have FRIENDS AND FIENDS WHOM YOU LOVE, and you have ENEMIES AND FRENEMIES, whom you hate... HOW CAN ALL OF YOU HATE MY POSTS?

Don't you see something is wrong, somewhere?

I should be quite ashamed, were I acclaimed by the millions of dunces who follow after Celebrity Preachers for Decades- and yet cannot do anything Spuritual.- not even preach a Message that delivers something!

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by oaroloye(m): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2016
SHALOM!

Rhema14:
.... I stumbled on this thread a few days back.. It's so pathetic, I decided not to reply to your write-up hardmirror... But today I just have to.

Reading from your earlier writeups, you made a good start by writing vividly some of ur experiences as a devoted Christian on campus while you were in school... And the big question is what made you turn from such a devoted Christian to an ardent atheist?

Easy: HYPOCRISY!

. LUKE 14:7-11.

7. And he put forth a Parable
to those which were bidden,
when he marked how
they chose out the Chief Rooms;
saying unto them,
8. "When thou art bidden
of any man to a wedding,
sit not down in the Highest Room;
lest a more honourable man than thou
be bidden of him;
9. "And he that bade thee and him
come and say to thee,

'GIVE THIS MAN PLACE;'

and thou begin with shame
to take the Lowest Room.
10. "But when thou art bidden,
go and sit down
in the Lowest Room;
that when he
that bade thee cometh,
he may say unto thee,

'FRIEND, GO UP HIGHER:'

then shalt thou have worship
in the presence of them
that sit at meat with thee.
11. "For whosoever exalteth himself
shall be abased;
and he that humbleth himself
shall be exalted."

THE CHRISTIAN STUDENTS SOCIAL MOVEMENT (CSSM) WAS RUN BY ROMAN CATHOLICS MASQUERADING AS PROTESTANTS. It was their JOB to SCREW UP Campus Christianity, so that it would not work.

I am not here to preach to you hardmirror.... But to remind you of some truth.

I know deep within you.... You know for sure there is a living God.. It's just that you are 'angry at Him' for some reason known to you....

I strongly feel you are only venting and revolting out of anger to a God whom you know exist..... I AM NOT WRITING TO DEFEND GOD, for who am I to do so.

Used started the race strong, you were fervent and zealous, you prayed, fasted, studied the word, preached, etc.... (all the while d devil was not comfortable and was plotting to have you).
Just like how Saul was zealous in persecuting the church and later became the great apostle of light... The devil also sought to use you..

You were once used by God to preach the good news to people (to bring people from darkness to light) ..... Now you are doing the otherwise.... (dragging people to hell)
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2016
HardMirror:
To those who want me to skip the stories and my experiences and go straight to how I became an atheist, please be patient. The details I am giving are important has I have a lot to expose.
There are many reasons why Christianity has survived the test of time even tho it is built on lies and deep human psychology. Many suspect this but find it almost impossible to question God or his word. Some are still thinking I just became an atheist. I have been an atheist since 2011. Totally stopped praying and going to church since 2012.

I have already read part of your details, and I can understand why you think more details will help your course.

From the much I have read of your story, it's evident, that is, if at all the story is true, that it is filled with lies and exaggerations, in order to make it a good read!

You claim to speak in tongues, do miracles, convert souls and all that, right? But in all of your years of being a pastor you never had a personal experience with the God you thought you knew?

I'm not here to argue with you, but just here to tell you that you were just an over zealous Christian, who in his quest to be a good Christian, forgot the most important aspect of being a Christian: knowing Jesus; developing a personal relationship with him. If you had that experience, if Jesus was real to you, there's no way you would have become an atheist, you could have fallen out of the faith, become anything, which has happened to many, but you could never have turned to a person who believes that there is no God.

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by JhyMedex: 9:29am On Nov 08, 2016
crackhouse:

JUST FOUND OUT THAT THIS NIGGA NAMED HARDMIRROR HAS BEEN AN OFF AND ON ATHEIST FOR AGES

LET'S HELP HIM OUT, I THINK HIS PROBLEM IS POVERTY.

HE ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE AGAIN AND HE'S NOT SURE OF THE WAY TO FOLLOW.

POVERTY IS A SERIOUS DISEASE INDEED.

SURE HE NEEDS HELP!!!!!!!!!
Complete waste of Education...

Hw cld u nt deduce that he was being g coy n sarcastic!!!

SMH

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by JhyMedex: 9:53am On Nov 08, 2016
Chuukwudi:

the grail message (In The Light Of Truth).
Chuukwudi.. Read dt book once... N I agree with u pt blank Bruv..
U got a soft copy version?.. Or cld u recommend whr I cld get it...
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Chuukwudi(m): 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2016
JhyMedex:

Chuukwudi..
Read dt book once... N I agree with u pt blank Bruv..

U got a soft copy version?..
Or cld u recommend whr I cld get it...

You can read online at "http://www.grailmessage.com".
Search Google to see if there are any downloadable PDFs.

To get the hard copy, visit the nearest grail centre in your locale.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uzoexcel(m): 6:10am On Nov 17, 2016
Explain the term EXCESS KNOWLEDGE?
nelsonoba:

Do I sound stressed to you? I'm certainly not! I don't belong to the class of some religious people who hate others and try to fight for their god. My God is not under any threat from you or anybody, He is God all by Himself, He doesn't need your approval of Him or your recognition of His sovereignty for Him to be God. What I feel is not stress, but great horror at the sight of what awaits you in eternity for the boldness to openly challenge the Almighty with the same brain and logical reasoning that He created and gave to you. One thing I know the devil for is the fact that he will use you and DUMP YOU! You are feeling cool with yourself because of the excess knowledge you think you have? Don't worry, God has seen and dealt with your type before, and your case is not new to Him. You will not be the first to deny Christ, and you will not be the last either, but like I said, by the time the devil is done using you and he feels he has no further need for your services, HE WILL DUMP YOU LIKE SHIT IS DUMPED IN A TOILET! By the time you find yourself after death in anguish and torment in hell and you see the same devil you are working for now being the one adding to your torment, you will swear and curse the day you denied Christ.

Like I said, I feel horror at what I know awaits you, not stress.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uzoexcel(m): 6:24am On Nov 17, 2016
Glad u highlighted d poverty factor!!!
HardMirror:
CONTINUATION....
I stopped my last post at the witches that came to me for deliverance.
Remember, I said my major gift was the gift of the word of knowledge. This gift helps you to know hidden things about people.
So looking at the grandma I concluded she was the real witch and she has initiated her grand daughter and was only being mischievous.
So I asked both of them to kneel while we circled them and pray.
We prayed in the spirit for about 2hours, as we prayed in tongues I would speak out revelations of the holy spirit in yoruba language so she could understand.
The woman started crying and rolling on the floor. But the grand daughter was just there looking confused.
I started revealing things that were going on in her family and telling her how God was fixing them.
I started telling her how God has set her free and restoring her family.
I spoke with authority. I quoted scriptures. It was powerful.

NOTE: I was not a deceiver or liar my word of knowledge just comes naturally to me. Though now I understand why. I had a passion to see people set free. Honestly I wish god was real. I would have gone round the world restoring broken lives.

Now what was happening? It is all about knowledge, Burden, hope and understanding.
The old woman had a burden, knows and understand she was standing before someone who could give her hope.
The daughter did not understand anything. All the confession she made was based on thinking what was expected of her was to be a witch so she was saying things she didn't understand.

We rounded up the prayer. I asked the woman some questions. She said she is delivered. She was in tears I had to hug her and pet her.
The daughter was still damn confused. I just looked at the confused girl and told her God has set them free.

When I reflect back on that incidence, I begin to understand that poverty is the real witchcraft. YOU CAN NEVER SEE AN AJEBUTTER that is a witch. NEVER! Your background, silly people that keeps calling you a witch, superstitions all come together to make people believe they actually have power to hurt other people.

When I was a kid, there was this girl in my primary school always claiming to be a witch she keeps telling her classmates she would kill them. One day a girl fainted in her class. Trust nigerians, everyone said it was the witch girl that caused it. The foolish girl thought it was her weapon to be important too she never understood the gravity of foolish things she was saying.

Of recent I met an Edo girl, the girl friend of a friend. We were talking about witchcraft and I told her it was not real. She said I did not know what I was saying that it is Very real.
When she saw I was not buying her theory. She confessed to me that she used to be a witch. What?! You were a witch?
Nice one.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uzoexcel(m): 12:41pm On Nov 17, 2016
Good point
laribari:

I'm very sure you have a car or enter buses. Will you say because people die in accident then you will stop driving or entering buses? If you claim to be careful on the wheel, what makes you think the next man coming facing you is not a lunatic?

So because of false prophet then you have to bash christianity and openly support a man who mocks ur God, saying men created him. You should tell him to shut up rather Dan turn against Christians because of fundraising. Didn't Jesus tell you already that there are false prophets everywhere?

What goes on in churches shouldn't be ur problem if you know why you are there. It is not by force to give because if you do it is for ur own good according to the scriptures but it is not by force. I don't give when I'm not led to.

Do not be deceived about hell. was it not Jesus who told the story of Lazarus and the rich man? Does it not look like threatening a rich? Jesus said it is easier for a camel to pass tru the eye of a needle Dan rich people entering he'll. If u see it as a threat then it is a shame but he was just passing an information. If I tell unbelievers of christ that they go to he'll, it is not a threat but an information written by God.

I know sometimes unbelievers are guilty that is why they say it is a threat but it is not.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uzoexcel(m): 1:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
Nice exchange...I will search for the book
kolinz:
FAITH IS WHAT ATHEIST LACK.

READ THIS,

Just a fun cool little story I thought you all might enjoy and be encouraged by Einsteins use of logic to proof that God can exist, be Perfectly Loving, and there be evil in the world.... smiley
An atheist professor of philosophy pauses before his class and then asks one of his new students to stand. 'You're a Christian, aren't you, son?'
'Yes sir,' the student says.
'So you believe in God?'
'Absolutely. '
'Is God good?'
'Sure! God's good.'
'Is God all-powerful? Can God do anything?'
'Yes'
'Are you good or evil?'
'The Bible says I'm evil.'
The professor grins knowingly. 'Aha! The Bible! He considers for a moment. 'Here's one for you. Let's say there's a sick person over here and you can cure him. You can do it. Would you help him? Would you try?'
'Yes sir, I would.'
'So you're good...!'
'I wouldn't say that.'
'But why not say that? You'd help a sick and maimed person if you could. Most of us would if we could. But God doesn't.'
The student does not answer, so the professor continues. 'He doesn't, does he? My brother was a Christian who died of cancer, even though he prayed to Jesus to heal him. How is this Jesus good? Can you answer that one?'
The student remains silent. 'No, you can't, can you?' the professor says. He takes a sip of water from a glass on his desk to give the student time to relax 'Let's start again, young fella. Is God good?'
'Er..yes,' the student says.
'Is Satan good?'
The student doesn't hesitate on this one. 'No.'
'Then where does Satan come from?'
The student falters. 'From God'
'That's right. God made Satan, didn't he? Tell me, son. Is there evil in this world?'
'Yes, sir..'
'Evil's everywhere, isn't it? And God did make everything, correct?'
'Yes'
'So who created evil?' The professor continued, 'If God created everything, then God created evil, since evil exists, and according to the principle that our works define who we are, then God is evil.'
Again, the student has no answer. 'Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things, do they exist in this world?'
The student squirms on his feet. 'Yes.'
'So who created them?'
The student does not answer again, so the professor repeats his question. 'Who created them?' There is still no answer. Suddenly the lecturer breaks away to pace in front of the classroom. The class is mesmerized. 'Tell me,' he continues onto another student. 'Do you believe in Jesus Christ, son?'
The student's voice betrays him and cracks. 'Yes, professor, I do.'
The old man stops pacing. 'Science says you have five senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Have you ever seen Jesus?'
'No sir. I've never seen Him.'
'Then tell us if you've ever heard your Jesus?'
'No, sir, I have not..'
'Have you ever felt your Jesus, tasted your Jesus or smelt your Jesus? Have you ever had any sensory perception of Jesus Christ, or God for that matter?'
'No, sir, I'm afraid I haven't.'
'Yet you still believe in him?'
'Yes'
'According to the rules of empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your God doesn't exist... What do you say to that, son?'
'Nothing,' the student replies.. 'I only have my faith.'
'Yes, faith,' the professor repeats. 'And that is the problem science has with God. There is no evidence...only faith.'
The student stands quietly for a moment, before asking a question of His own. 'Professor, is there such thing as heat? '
'Yes.
'And is there such a thing as cold?'
'Yes, son, there's cold too.'
'No sir, there isn't.'
The professor turns to face the student, obviously interested. The room suddenly becomes very quiet. The student begins to explain. 'You can have lots of heat, even more heat, super-heat, mega-heat, unlimited heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat, but we don't have anything called 'cold'. We can hit d own to 458 degrees below zero, which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold; otherwise we would be able to go colder than the lowest -458 degrees. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-458 F) is the total absence of heat. You see, sir, 'cold' is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat we can measure in thermal units because heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.'
Silence across the room. A pen drops somewhere in the classroom, sounding like a hammer.
'What about darkness, professor. Is there such a thing as darkness?'
'Yes,' the professor replies without hesitation.. 'What is night if it isn't darkness?'
'You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is not something; it is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light, but if you have no light constantly you have nothing and it's called darkness, isn't it? That's the meaning we use to define the word. In reality, darkness isn't. If it were, you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?'
The professor begins to smile at the student in front of him. This will be a good semester. 'So what point are you making, young man?'
'Yes, professor. My point is, your philosophical premise is flawed to start with, and so your conclusion must also be flawed.'
The professor's face cannot hide his surprise this time. 'Flawed? Can you explain how?'
'You are working on the premise of duality,' the student explains.. 'You argue that there is life and then there's death; a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can't even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but it has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life, just the absence of it.'
'Now tell me, professor.. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?'
'If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, young man, yes, of course I do.'
'Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?'
The professor begins to shake his head, still smiling, as he realizes where the argument is going. A very good semester, indeed.
'Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you now not a scientist, but a preacher?'
The class is in uproar. The student remains silent until the commotion has subsided. 'To continue the point you were making earlier to the other student, let me give you an example of what I mean.' The student looks around the room. 'Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the professor's brain?' The class breaks out into laughter. 'Is there anyone here who has ever heard the professor's brain, felt the professor's brain, touched or smelt the professor's brain? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, with all due respect, sir.' 'So if science says you have no brain, how can we trust your lectures, sir?'
Now the room is silent. The professor just stares at the student, his face unreadable. Finally, after what seems an eternity, the old man answers. 'I guess you'll have to take them on faith.'
'Now, you accept that there is faith, and, in fact, faith exists with life,' the student continues. 'Now, sir, is there such a thing as evil?' Now uncertain, the professor responds, 'Of course, there is. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil.'
To this the student replied, 'Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light.'
The professor sat down.
PS: the student was Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein wrote a book titled God vs. Science in 1921...

http://joshuamarshman.theworldrace.org/?filename=interesting-read-albert-einsteins-proof-that-god-can-exist

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by luqxxee(m): 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
i wish i could talk to you hardmirror
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uzoexcel(m): 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2016
urahara:

Nigerians are more inclined to read books like possessing your possession. God of overnight mirqcle. And prayerpoints against witchcraft grin
Lol..true that
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uzoexcel(m): 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2016
Interesting view of life smiley

cloudgoddess:

I can certainly see where being conflicted on the matter can lead to suffering (ie being "on the fence", struggling with your identity, the discomfort of going against social norms, & questioning the meaning of life in absense of the dogma that once provided a meaning - albeit a sh*t one). I was once there as well, and I think every person who transitions from religious to atheist goes through that phase.

But my life personally has improved a lot since I abandoned religion completely - as in got off the fence and delved into enriching my life in other ways. It has to do with perception and of course what you put in the place of what religion once gave you. The perception that life is meaningless because there is no deity, for example, can very well be replaced with the perception that life is incredibly precious simply because of the rarity and complexity of human existence.

I find myself in literal awe sometimes when I think of the trillions of tiny cells in my body, working like factories to keep me alive without any control on my part. I marvel when I learn new scientific facts about how my body & other biological systems work, & it makes me truly astounded by nature & it's possibilities. It also makes me passionate about helping others understand. Learning about the cosmos is equally, if not moreso awe-inspiring.

I'm also an avid reader of books on human psychology, including those involving the mastery of our minds through understanding our thoughts and emotions. I practice secular mindfulness meditation, a westernized, scientifically supported adaptation of Buddhist meditation, and it's given me a life-changing perspective on my mental space, and deep inner peace I never previously thought possible; certainly one I never experienced with Christianity. What I've learned has also tremendously helped me develop and nurture more fulfilling relationships. Sometimes with some of the books I read, I find myself wondering, "Imagine if books like these were passed out to the masses instead of the bible or Qu'ran? How much more peaceful, understanding, and wise the world would be."

Anyway, I don't want to bore you with the details of my life & interests lol. My point is, there are plenty of ways to restore (& exceed) the personal fulfillment that religion & god beliefs once brought, especially now that we have so much access to valuable information. Exploring those ways can be a very exciting journey when one enters the endeavor with an open mind and overcomes that initially painful & confusing transition out of belief. I sincerely believe that you, and others who are in your position, can get there.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uzoexcel(m): 5:46pm On Nov 17, 2016
Lol...hilarious
U ask exactly the same questions I ask

deeplow:
I am not an atheist, but i have reservations about religion and what it teaches. I was talking to a Christian friend about a month ago, she kept going on and on about how Christianity is the only way to heaven.

So, i asked her, from the genesis, "why are you a Christian"?
She gave a lot of indirect answers. I helped her out, i told her she is initially a Christian because her parents are. I then asked her what Christianity said about non-believers and heaven. She said, Christianity is the passport to heaven.

So, i asked her, what did you do to/for God that i didn't do?
Why am i condemned to hell fire because of something i am innocent of?

Why did God let me choose parents who are practising the "wrong" religion?

What did i do to God?

Would God watch me burn for eternity over something he helped me do(we are to believe God chooses who our parents are)?

If truly God is all loving, why didnt he lead us all on the right path?

Why do i have to be Muslim and destined for hell fire?

She only just continued preaching, so, i just told her to continue with the meal. She didnt have an answer.

This is not an attack on Christianity!!! It is an attack on religion. it only came this way because of the way it happened.

I'd be glad if anybody, be it a Muslim or Christian, shed more light on this.

It is just funny how people who are educated fail to question religion. Ignore whatever you have been taught , look at religion from a neutral perspective, you will understand a lot of things.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uzoexcel(m): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2016
Interesting perspective!!!
Mindfulness:

I think we are very much on the same page.
I am not searching for God or Source (the label that I like better since the word God is so loaded), I have found God.
I have been approaching the topic from various perspectives - religious, spiritual, scientific - and to me God is best FELT in the silence of meditation.
All of my approaches to find God / Source have been rewarding and led to what I was looking for BUT the most effective and efficient was and remains to be meditation.

In the moment your mind becomes blank and free of thought and your body begins to feel like it is floating, it feels like ecstasy and you feel the POWER flowing in and through you.

Once a person TRULY understands that the Source is in each of us, life becomes magic since this innate knowledge, that the civilized (wo)man has lost, is extremely empowering and the secret to a wonderful life that so many struggle for when in fact it is ease that is the path to it.

I like your discussion of "the unseen". It resonates with me because it perfectly shows what I have experienced. I have been looking for something that at this point in human history can only be felt but the evidence of it has always been here. The world consists of opposites (in-between which there is a continuum) and if there is "the seen", there must also be "the unseen". If there is the physical, there must also be the nonphysical.

I think we are some of the lucky ones who have found and felt it and who can use it to enjoy life like it is supposed to.

Nice to meet you by the way. smiley

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by betty100(f): 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
pls sir what is your born again experience, what happened the day you gave your life to Christ

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 2:16am On Nov 18, 2016
freecocoa:
Rege satanas, May he reign forever.

Nice to see you my brother in the devil.grin
Ahahahaha, e gbami. Wetin man no go see?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 2:27am On Nov 18, 2016
otem4eartum:

The KINGDOM OF THE TRUE GOD IS ALREADY COMING TO WE NIGERIANS. I AM ALSO FROM FUTA, AKINDEKO, ANIMAL KINGDOM. I AM AN ANTI-AFA THOSE DAYS. THEY CARRY ME AND WILL THREATEN TO TAKE ME TO THEIR MOSQUES. BUT I TELL YOU, I HAVE BEEN DELUDED BY THE BOOK OF HYPNOTISM CALLED BIBLE.
RECENTLY, THE SPIRIT OF THE FATHER OF CHRISTIANITY APPEARED TO ME AND PIERCED ME WITH A SWORD, TELLING ME TO 'BRING BACK HIS CONFESSION' BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN SPEAKING BAD OF JESUS CHRIST AND JEHOVAH(YAHWEH) SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR. I ALMOST BELIEVE EUSEBIUS' DREAM AND I STOPPED THE DOCTRINE OF THE UFOS GIVEN TO ME BY EARTUM FOR A WHILE, UNTIL EARTUM APPEARED TO ME AGAIN AND TOLD ME MORE ABOUT THE LIES OF RELIGION. NOW I SHALL FINISH MY DOCTRINE AND IT SHALL MAKE US KNOW THE TRUTH WHICH DANIEL SAID: 12: 7- 12.''And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven and sware by him that lives forever that it shall be for a time, times and half; when he shall have ACCOMPLISHED TO SCATTER THE POWER OF THE HOLY PEOPLE, all these things shall be finished.

Vs 11: And from the time that the DAILY SACRIFICE shall be taken away, and the ABOMINATION THAT MAKES DESOLATE SET UP, there shall be a thousand and two hundred and ninety days.

DAILY SACRIFICE= sacrifices of MOSES, the worshipper of JEHOVAH(SATAN, ALLAH,)
ABOMINATION THAT MAKES DESOLATION= LAST SUPPER(Eating of Jesus flesh and drinking of his blood).

The DOCTRINE OF UFOS has already begun, and it shall save the whole world from these occultic religions of the world.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by hopefulLandlord: 5:20am On Nov 18, 2016
deeplow:
I am not an atheist, but i have reservations about religion and what it teaches. I was talking to a Christian friend about a month ago, she kept going on and on about how Christianity is the only way to heaven.

So, i asked her, from the genesis, "why are you a Christian"?
She gave a lot of indirect answers. I helped her out, i told her she is initially a Christian because her parents are. I then asked her what Christianity said about non-believers and heaven. She said, Christianity is the passport to heaven.

So, i asked her, what did you do to/for God that i didn't do?
Why am i condemned to hell fire because of something i am innocent of?

Why did God let me choose parents who are practising the "wrong" religion?

What did i do to God?

Would God watch me burn for eternity over something he helped me do(we are to believe God chooses who our parents are)?

If truly God is all loving, why didnt he lead us all on the right path?

Why do i have to be Muslim and destined for hell fire?

She only just continued preaching, so, i just told her to continue with the meal. She didnt have an answer.

This is not an attack on Christianity!!! It is an attack on religion. it only came this way because of the way it happened.

I'd be glad if anybody, be it a Muslim or Christian, shed more light on this.

It is just funny how people who are educated fail to question religion. Ignore whatever you have been taught , look at religion from a neutral perspective, you will understand a lot of things.

interesting!!!

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
Epic thread hardmirror
So you were a preacher grin
How the table turns.
Is your story over because I can't find a suitable end.
And it was really had getting each of your post amid the distractions.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by hopefulLandlord: 6:51pm On Nov 21, 2016
Lennycool:
Epic thread hardmirror
So you were a preacher grin
How the table turns.
Is your story over because I can't find a suitable end.
And it was really had getting each of your post amid the distractions.
there's a "Part 2" version of this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3085047/part-2-pastor-atheist-why
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

there's a "Part 2" version of this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3085047/part-2-pastor-atheist-why
Is this super story grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by CXLVII: 8:53pm On Nov 21, 2016
Happy for you Bro

Glad you woke up from believing that a man in far away Middle-East died for your sins in Africa and someday coming to take you from Africa to heaven grin grin grin

Glad you woke up for the slumber
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by WomanOfRace(f): 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2016
HardMirror:
Now christianity is a fantastic religion. Although we love saying christianity is not a religion (smiles), we prefer saying it is a relationship with God. I smile because these are part of the things that makes christianity seem special. (More on this later)

Many people erroneously think atheists were never good christians, or that they become atheists because they want to sin. Lol, that is absolutely wrong. It is almost impossible to be a better christian than I was. I don't joke with purity and sincerity. I fast for more than half of the year, to maintain a good level of purity and focus. (And I was damn thin too).

This is one of the reasons why it is impossible to convert me again. There is nothing anyone can say or do that shakes me.

So christians online stop thinking people are not being sincere when they say they are atheists.

MY JOURNEY TO ATHEISM BEGINS: https://www.nairaland.com/3078223/pastor-atheist-why-never-christian#45183779

you are right. You must not be a christian to stay righteous. I'm sorry to say we Christians are not looking unto Christ anymore but forming something else totally out of picture and some pastors make it hard for their members to see the taboo going on all in the name of Church!

Well, a man must believe in something for life to be that meaningful; so it is either you believe in a higher being, yourself or something than nothing and to do good and be good.

For me,I believe in God, Jesus,Holy spirit and my direct relationship with the trinity. I have nothing to do with religion but faith.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by deucelaw: 8:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
@ OP if your story is true...You have not met God. Am not talking about your training, certificate, prayer or bible knowledge. Am talking of the supernatural experience and only you can testify. God can be only a fantasy to those who have just theoretical or knowledge of God. Some of us have experiential Knowledge of him and there is no denying He is real.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by femi4: 9:00pm On Nov 21, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

I have already read part of your details, and I can understand why you think more details will help your course.

From the much I have read of your story, it's evident, that is, if at all the story is true, that it is filled with lies and exaggerations, in order to make it a good read!

You claim to speak in tongues, do miracles, convert souls and all that, right? But in all of your years of being a pastor you never had a personal experience with the God you thought you knew?

I'm not here to argue with you, but just here to tell you that you were just an over zealous Christian, who in his quest to be a good Christian, forgot the most important aspect of being a Christian: knowing Jesus; developing a personal relationship with him. If you had that experience, if Jesus was real to you, there's no way you would have become an atheist, you could have fallen out of the faith, become anything, which has happened to many, but you could never have turned to a person who believes that there is no God.
You spoke my mind
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by lanre316: 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
deucelaw:
@ OP if your story is true...You have not met God. Am not talking about your training, certificate, prayer or bible knowledge. Am talking of the supernatural experience and only you can testify. God can be only a fantasy to those who have just theoretical or knowledge of God. Some of us have experiential Knowledge of him and there is no denying He is real.

It's all in your head, bro. And it seems so real to you alone. I had this "experiential knowledge of christ" when I was a Christian. Now I know it's just a psychological thing that you can find in ANY religion. Eg Allah/Mohammed is real to Muslims too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.