Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (208822 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by tunde233(m): 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
HardMirror:
...But once you read the whole bible over and over again and you are genuinely concerned and sincere about life and the after life, you begin to ask questions and begin to see the stupidity of what you hinge you life on...

From this statement, you are more confused now than when you are yet to read the Bible. Your case is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Seun(m): 5:43pm On Nov 23, 2016
tunde233:
From this statement, you are more confused now than when you are yet to read the Bible. Your case is pathetic.
That suggests that the Bible is the source of his confusion. What are your thoughts on that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by tunene66: 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
Seun:

Jesus said he would come back soon but it's been 2000 years and it hasn't happened. Throughout that time all Christians believed, just like you do, that Jesus would arrive during their lifetimes and it didn't happen. What makes you so sure that you will be right when so many others who felt the same way you feel, have died of old age and nothing ever happened?

Jesus was never explicit as to the actual day or time.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Seun(m): 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
tunene66:
He said he was coming soon. 2000 years is not "soon" by any honest definition. He also promised that some of his followers would not taste death before his glorious return, but they are all dead, which technically makes him a false prophet.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by tunene66: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2016
Seun:
He said he was coming soon. 2000 years is not "soon" by any honest definition. He also promised that some of his followers would not taste death before his glorious return, but they have all been dead for almost 2000 years.

Soon,no doubt literally means in the nearest future. That I agree, but in the context of uncertainty it may not necessarily mean so.

Thus interpretation is key here. Jesus gave signs which have been subject to different meaning

Let me end by saying when I was young I saw a quote. "No credit today, come tomorrow". The question is when is tomorrow

By the way, Seun, while I enjoy this discourse what of a Christian forum for Christians only

Cheers n GOD bless

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by chrmn1: 6:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
damogul:

Did you say i should give him time to do his research? What research? His story is 6yrs old so where is the research required to do when he is an eye witness?

He says he knew this person in his school days so did he research before saying so?

Contrariwise i am the one who needs to carry out a research and not him.
Oga I have done the research on his behalf. The name of the guy is soft mirror. Google am and thank me later

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uzoexcel(m): 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
What does EXCESS KNOWLEDGE mean in this part of the world, ?

nelsonoba:

Do I sound stressed to you? I'm certainly not! I don't belong to the class of some religious people who hate others and try to fight for their god. My God is not under any threat from you or anybody, He is God all by Himself, He doesn't need your approval of Him or your recognition of His sovereignty for Him to be God. What I feel is not stress, but great horror at the sight of what awaits you in eternity for the boldness to openly challenge the Almighty with the same brain and logical reasoning that He created and gave to you. One thing I know the devil for is the fact that he will use you and DUMP YOU! You are feeling cool with yourself because of the excess knowledge you think you have? Don't worry, God has seen and dealt with your type before, and your case is not new to Him. You will not be the first to deny Christ, and you will not be the last either, but like I said, by the time the devil is done using you and he feels he has no further need for your services, HE WILL DUMP YOU LIKE SHIT IS DUMPED IN A TOILET! By the time you find yourself after death in anguish and torment in hell and you see the same devil you are working for now being the one adding to your torment, you will swear and curse the day you denied Christ.

Like I said, I feel horror at what I know awaits you, not stress.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by damogul: 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
HardMirror i am still waiting for the name. It does not take 24hrs to provide a simple name of someone who you claimed died since 2010 in FUTA CACCF does it?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2016
tunene66:

I may not know the date of my next examination but I know it is next year ,

Likewise Jesus said explicitly that he would arrive in the lifetimes of his contemporaries and well , we all know that was a big lie smiley

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by tunene66: 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2016
urahara:

Likewise Jesus said explicitly that he would arrive in the lifetimes of his contemporaries and well , we all know that was a big lie smiley

Interpretation brother

Month, year, decade, century, millenia all na time o

No credit today, come tomorrow. When will that tomorrow come?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by chrmn1: 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
Seun:
He said he was coming soon. 2000 years is not "soon" by any honest definition. He also promised that some of his followers would not taste death before his glorious return, but they are all dead, which technically makes him a false prophet.
You see my friend, here's the passage you quoted below: But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the kingdom of God (Luke 9:27). The keywords are: 'shall not see death'. Question is what did Jesus mean when He said they shall not see death?

The same Jesus spoke about this concept of 'not seeing death'. Check the passage below.

John 8:51-52. Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death. The Jews said to him, "Now we know that you have a demon. Abraham died, as did the prophets; and you say, `If any one keeps my word, he will never taste death.'

The Jews just like you taught he was alluding to physical death. The bible refers to spiritual death which Jesus obviously was referring to in the two passages quoted.

So my brother, Jesus is never a false prophet. If you'd care to study your Bible a bit more, you'd realize that

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by damogul: 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
urahara:

Is there anything we can know about the return of the Lord Jesus Christ? Can we know, for example, when Jesus is going to return? If you had asked me that question 30 years ago, I would have said, “No, absolutely not! There is not one thing you can ever know about the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.” But after over 20 years of intensive study of Bible prophecy, I’ve come to a different conclusion. When people ask me now, “Can we know when Jesus will return?” my answer is, “Yes and No.” No, we cannot know the date. Yes, we can know the season.

Now, when I say, we cannot know the date that Jesus will return, I mean that with all my heart. I believe that the Bible makes it crystal clear we cannot know the date. In Matthew 24:36 Jesus Himself said, “of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.” We cannot know the date. Now, there are a lot of sincere people who are setting dates, and I do not doubt their sincerity, but they are sincerely deceived. And the closer we get to the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ the more of these people there are going to be, because Satan is going to motivate people to set dates.
[b]
You see, Satan loves date setters because they bring discredit to Bible prophecy. You know how it works. Somebody sets a date. People get their hopes focused on that date rather than on their Savior, Jesus Christ. They become obsessed with the date, and they run around all over the place talking incessantly about the date. The press picks up on the story and focuses in on the date. Then, the date comes and passes, and the press heaps ridicule on those who believed in the date. The individuals who put their faith in that date are embarrassed, and they become embittered. They say to themselves, “I’ll tell you one thing, I’ll never do that again!” And then, when a responsible prophecy teacher comes along and says, “I don’t know the date, but I do know Jesus is coming soon,” they say, “Oh sure, I’ve heard that nonsense before,” and they refuse to listen. They turn off their ears to God’s prophetic word. And Satan loves it.

The closer we get to the coming of Jesus, the more of these date setters Satan is going to raise up. The effect will be like the person who constantly yells, “The wolf is coming, the wolf is coming, the wolf is coming!” — and he continues to yell it until — guess what? — everyone decides to ignore him. And then the wolf comes.[/b]

Do you want me to show you how the seasons can be your guide to his coming?

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
damogul:
HardMirror i am still waiting for the name. It does not take 24hrs to provide a simple name of someone who you claimed died since 2010 in FUTA CACCF does it?
maka repost till tomorrow ni
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by uvalued(m): 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2016
chrmn1:
Oga I have done the research on his behalf. The name of the guy is soft mirror. Google am and thank me later

SOFTMIRROR lol - since the needed is not available, the vailable becomes the needed
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by chrmn1: 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
uvalued:

SOFTMIRROR lol - since the needed is not available, the vailable becomes the needed
I sight you brotherly. More ekpa ati boli to your oral ministry
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by samwayne154(m): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2016
samwayne154:
@hardmirror, i ve read ur story, but wait, come to think of it u said u spoke "with God" daily before becoming an atheist, u said u ask God different questions and he gave u reply then u looked around the world and saw how people are suffering then u asked God why but he didn't answer u....that's where it all began u questioned Gods existence even before u think ure going to be an atheist, u doubted Gods existence now let me tell u, there are reason for everything....its just like asking ur mum DAT did she really give birth to u and ur siblings just because u saw one of them lacking something...u don't believe in God, who did u think answered your previous questions... u are just confused in ur write up u said God spoke with u ...and u said he doesn't exist, then who spoke to u?...who?!!
. HardMirror please reply me!
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2016
Seun:

2 Peter 3:8
8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by bencarson007(m): 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2016
Bandeco:

Trash.. This guy will be thinkin he has written some thing ingenious that supports God's existence.

Pure nonsense

Waka pass joor
Na you be hardmirror mouthpiece abi ?
Who u epp ?

Was it you I addressed?

Stupid atheist
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by julioralph(m): 8:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
Seun:

you're a brilliant guy no doubt, but you reason in an elementary manner each time you quote the bible.

btw, why did you move the proudinfidel's topic to islamic section 'topic will be moderated fairly" grin so you said etc etc you allow muslims to post on christian threads but you want us to swear an oath b4 making a comment over there lipsrsealed
why are you so scared of islam as a self proclaimed atheist, your 'rationality' should allow you to despise both religions equally shebi undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by YTderin(f): 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2016
It's like the moment you decide to emancipate yourself from the slavery of religion, you have more intuition to ask questions, research, read,....... I mean, you just feel limitless.
I wasted 18years of my life bounded by the shackles of religion.
I don't argue religion with anyone, hold your beliefs and let me hold mine.
If my mom knows how deep I'm into this, she'll just nag herself to a heart attack, we are still having issues with going to church. I just honour her by going to church on Sundays arming myself with a novel or book (in the guise of the bible). Or better still lie about going to a friend's church, and spend my day at the cinema.
Its just sad, I can't just be my actual self, without people thinking you are possessed.
NB: no Christian fanatic, should bother quoting me, especially using the Bible. I don't recognise it as a fact.
Shout out to all agnostics / atheists on the house, see y'all in hell or wherever they think we are going to be damned to, eternally. Me thinks we are going to have fun.
PS: No preaching to me please. I'm irredeemable.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Gift101(m): 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2016
Seun:

Jesus said he would come back soon but it's been 2000 years and it hasn't happened. Throughout that time all Christians believed, just like you do, that Jesus would arrive during their lifetimes and it didn't happen. What makes you so sure that you will be right when so many others who felt the same way you feel, have died of old age and nothing ever happened?

Where in the bible did Jesus said he'll come 2thousand years after his death ? That is what many christians and theologers believed in.

Hosea 6:2

"He will revive us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day, That we may live before Him."

The bible tells us that Jesus will come and take us up with him after 2 days(2 thousand years) not on the second day. So 2 days have past and we're now in the early hours of the third day and now with the signs that are happening around the world now, we can clearly see that THE END IS NEAR. So pls do not be deceived.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Gift101(m): 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
Seun and other athiest, you all said you don't believe in God or spiritual powers right ?

Please i'll like you all to give me a reasonable scientific explaination to this Keyan guy's problem from the below thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/3481566/kenyan-mans-manhood-moves-knees
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by felixomor: 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

2 Peter 3:8
8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Thank u for showing him.

You know Seun doesnt read the bible, except when he wants to open a thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by damogul: 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
felixomor:

Thank u for showing him.

This is how their brain is wired when it comes to the Bible...They read it just to look for imaginary loopholes and once they think they have seen one they shout EUREKA!

However they forget that scripture always confirms scripture so you cannot isolate one verse and expect to see the truth in the spoken word.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
felixomor:

Thank u for showing him.

No problem bro

Thank God I follow him . He always attempts to distort bible verses and stories for apparent reasons .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Seun(m): 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
Gift101:
Seun and other athiest, you all said you don't believe in God or spiritual powers right ?

Please i'll like you all to give me a reasonable scientific explaination to this Keyan guy's problem from the below thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/3481566/kenyan-mans-manhood-moves-knees
Already answered: https://www.nairaland.com/3481566/kenyan-mans-manhood-moves-knees#51305834
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Bandeco(m): 10:19pm On Nov 23, 2016
My take..

It is historical fact that the gods of yesterday are in the trash bin of history today and the gods of today shall surely be the myths of tomorrow.

The religion of the ancient Greece, Rome and the vikings are all in the trashbin now. Nobody believes and worships Thor, Zeus, Erus etc - All this mythological gods have all gone to the trashcan they belong to .

It's only a matter before the god of abraham finds itself in the trashbin it belongs to.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Bandeco(m): 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2016
bencarson007:

Waka pass joor
Na you be hardmirror mouthpiece abi ?
Who u epp ?

Was it you I addressed?

Stupid atheist
For your information, you are an atheist to Allah, vishnu, Brahma etc. You only believe in yahweh because it is the deity you have been indoctrinated with by your parents and environment you were born in.

Dey there the fool yourself.

Allah's hell and torment awaits you grin grin grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by segcymoor(m): 10:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
You just stated it yourself... Our bodies decay, automatically implying that our brains decay, meaning the END for whatever it is you call a soul...

D End indeed

_______
We shall see in.the land.of twilight!
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by bencarson007(m): 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2016
Bandeco:

For your information, you are an atheist to Allah, vishnu, Brahma etc. You only believe in yahweh because it is the deity you have been indoctrinated with by your parents and environment you were born in.

Dey there the fool yourself.

Allah's hell and torment awaits you grin grin grin

See this useless boy o

So you are even boko haram
Guy mind urself o
No be that useless religion wey their so called holy prophet rape 9 year old and engage in several killing sprees till date you dey follow...

Abeg I no wan talk
Just kindly waka pass because you are not the person I addressed.

You are bandeco and not hardmirror
So please mind urself please
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by butterflylion: 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
Seun:

That suggests that the Bible is the source of his confusion. What are your thoughts on that?
Excuse me sir, they are calling you in Zaa ozaa rum.
They said you shd come and go and help HopefulLandlord and tell Hardmirrow to answer some questions the christians are asking.
Sorry sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / The Doctrine Of The Ufos / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.