Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,323 members, 7,839,541 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Would U Become A Member Of Your Wife's Church After Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would U Become A Member Of Your Wife's Church After Marriage? (673 Views)

Ghana Church Elder Found Dead In Guest House After Having Sex With A Member / Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? / Man Proposes To Girlfriend Inside The Church After Service (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would U Become A Member Of Your Wife's Church After Marriage? by YOLO1(m): 2:03pm On May 01, 2016
Guys please I need ur sincere advice as to issues bothering me seriously. I am in a serious relationship with my Fiancee and our parents have agreed that we marry each other. The wedding should take place anytime soon. The problem rocking my mind presently is that she told me she would love to be attending her church after our marriage. The most annoying thing is that her mum also confirmed it to me that I will be attending their church which I believe it should be other way round. Though her mum has had some impacts on my life and career, I still feel I should be given the freedom to rule my family as the man of the house. Not that I have anything against the church infact the church is one of the most respected churches in Nigeria and I have a lot of friends and family attending the church nationwide. Guys please, how would u advice me to deal with this issue? Is total submission not one of the recipes for marriage? Should I insist on her joining my own church? Should we maintain separate churches? Or should I join her church?
Advice please!!!!!
cc lalasticlala
stubbornman
ireneony
finalboss
severusnape.

1 Like

Re: Would U Become A Member Of Your Wife's Church After Marriage? by RoyalBlak007: 2:05pm On May 01, 2016
That's something about Nigerian Culture... angry

Refiner wouldn't do that to me..#spot on!

Re: Would U Become A Member Of Your Wife's Church After Marriage? by finalboss1(m): 2:06pm On May 01, 2016
there's nothing bad abt telling her yo mind...as the man of d house..
Re: Would U Become A Member Of Your Wife's Church After Marriage? by donbenedict(m): 2:06pm On May 01, 2016
Let us analyse this issue.. are u both pentecostals?
Re: Would U Become A Member Of Your Wife's Church After Marriage? by Strahovski1(m): 2:08pm On May 01, 2016
Seun this people spamming every thread with pictures is something else. Do something see the guy above.

As for topic, I'm Hindu, My Wife is Christian, i don;t force her to become Hindu, she don't force me to become Christian.

If she wants you to attend her church and you see the church is ok, there isn't anything wrong in you attending.
Re: Would U Become A Member Of Your Wife's Church After Marriage? by TPAND(f): 2:09pm On May 01, 2016
Church is church. Why the contradictions in theology and doctrine and there's so much diversity going on with Christianity.

This is not so with Islam. A Muslim can pray at Abuja central mosque, go to Wuse mosque and pray. Mosque is Mosque. Why can't church be church?
Re: Would U Become A Member Of Your Wife's Church After Marriage? by Mediapace: 2:10pm On May 01, 2016
Nice question bro,i salute you.
Lemme raise a little bit help :
Many husbands hate it when a female dominate on them,since it was my church you came for Marriage thanksgiving,i see no reason why you not come to my church.
I even paid your bride price
Re: Would U Become A Member Of Your Wife's Church After Marriage? by Mediapace: 2:11pm On May 01, 2016
What God has join together let no man put asunder.
not even church can separate us
Re: Would U Become A Member Of Your Wife's Church After Marriage? by greatbrian(m): 2:47pm On May 01, 2016
Although church is church, but doctrines are different. I can only marry from my church THE APOSTOLIC FAITH. but I don't mind a side chick from outside
Re: Would U Become A Member Of Your Wife's Church After Marriage? by unapapadeycraze: 4:03pm On May 01, 2016
What is your mind telling you?@op. If you wanna make her happy, follow her to her church, that doesn't make you less of a man. You are still the head of your family. I don't buy the idea of going to separate church. I know you just wanna prove that you are a man, that's why you want her to attend your church. you are the man in the house, so far the church is a bible believing church and their doctrine tallies with your own church's doctrine, follow her to her church.

Btw, refiner has taken over.

#istandwithrefiner, what about you? Join the winning team.
Re: Would U Become A Member Of Your Wife's Church After Marriage? by stubbornman(m): 11:31pm On May 01, 2016
Bro I understand you feel like your Authority as a man is being tampered with especially with her mother involved but not everything proves us to be a man.....I know some of your friends won't take that shiit but you're better off than them...
just go to her church, you already said you liked it there , so occasionally you can also visit your church too.. May God grant you the grace to run your family
happy married life in advance..send my cakecheesy

(1) (Reply)

Many Happy Returns To.......... / Foundational Factors That Make A Marriage To Fail / How Do I Join Mr. Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.