Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,456 members, 7,958,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:21 PM

Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist (3148 Views)

Meaning Of Islamabad According To Fundamentalist / Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 1:53pm On May 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
ValentineMary , you have not defended what you wrote as your signature 'Religion dies as knowledge grows ' . I refuted your claim and a cogent rebuttal was not brought forward . You just made a cavil - atheism is on the rise in Europe and Latin America , which is not quite so .

www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/
mexico_still_catholic_but_number_of_atheists_on_the_ris

www.bbc.com/future/story/20141219-will-religion-ever-disappear
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:48pm On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/
mexico_still_catholic_but_number_of_atheists_on_the_ris

www.bbc.com/future/story/20141219-will-religion-ever-disappear

Ugh ! Not those articles from atheists .

There is a rise in irreligiousity/secularism not atheism . Even your article mentioned this , there is decline in religious practices - just as I mentioned earlier . And people hide their beliefs so they could be part of what is in vogue . Tenants in religion preclude depravities , religious beliefs tend to deter you from doing a lot of things . So people now have to detach themselves from these practices so they can enjoy the world but still acknowledge the existence of God .

Religion plummeting does not God does not exist - it was foretold in fact . Don't get it twisted .

Your signature says when "Knowledge grows , Religion dies " this has not been proven .
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:49pm On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

From d data we have now according to SNP we have 99.5% similarity in DNA with d Neanderthals.

How is this proof ? . A creator can choose to use 'similar DNA' . In short , read up old-earth creationism
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 4:16pm On May 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How is this proof ? . A creator can choose to use 'similar DNA' . In short , read up old-earth creationism
I think it's now obvious even to ur fellow theist how biased u are. All to defend an imaginary God. Which other organism has this similar DNA to humans?

1 Like

Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 4:21pm On May 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ugh ! Not those articles from atheists .

There is a rise in irreligiousity/secularism not atheism . Even your article mentioned this , there is decline in religious practices - just as I mentioned earlier . And people hide their beliefs so they could be part of what is in vogue . Tenants in religion preclude depravities , religious beliefs tend to deter you from doing a lot of things . So people now have to detach themselves from these practices so they can enjoy the world but still acknowledge the existence of God .

Religion plummeting does not God does not exist - it was foretold in fact . Don't get it twisted .

Your signature says when "Knowledge grows , Religion dies " this has not been proven .
U did not follow d link. The first link was from a catholic site. Oga I see say u no get word to say. Don't worry I understand how it feels to try to defend ur imaginations. And for my signature, can u compare d number of atheist in 1200 A.D and the number of atheist in 2016 ? What happened Enlightenment grin
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:06pm On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

U did not follow d link. The first link was from a catholic site. Oga I see say u no get word to say. Don't worry I understand how it feels to try to defend ur imaginations. And for my signature, can u compare d number of atheist in 1200 A.D and the number of atheist in 2016 ? What happened Enlightenment grin

You want to compare the number of atheists in 1200 and in 2016 . Brilliant thought lipsrsealed . You should also compare the number of Christians in 1200 and 2016 too . cool

Ogbeni , the first link is not working .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:07pm On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

I think it's now obvious even to ur fellow theist how biased u are. All to defend an imaginary God. Which other organism has this similar DNA to humans?

Please how did cells derive the propensity to evolve
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 5:21pm On May 27, 2016
Dekatron:
I was not expecting better...... Well......

Perhaps you might wanna choose which points to discuss... Most are repeated points making no sense..... Besides, nobody has time to waste analyzing over a hundred points to some niggas that keep running in circles

Abeg gerrrout. You dey yarn nonsense.
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 5:25pm On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

That's d misconception going on for years. That's why I said MODERN EVOULUTION BIOLOGY text book. We did not come from Ape do ur reserch well.

We do come from apes. The common ancestor of men and apes would have been an ape as is proven by depictions of it.
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 5:34pm On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

*Laffing* Is that all u have to say to defend ur fellow ignorant theist who does not know shit about evolution. What am I saying? both of u rock d same boat.
Obviously u don't know about d exponential rise in atheism in most of Europe and latin America

Evolution again. I always wonder what would make an otherwise rational human believe in such nonsense and claim to be right. Is it because they are lacking in rationality or is it that they are so determined to forgo creation they have to accept it.
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 5:58pm On May 27, 2016
UyiIredia:

We do come from apes. The common ancestor of men and apes would have been an ape as is proven by depictions of it.
If u don't know evolutionary biology, just say I don't know. Don't assume. I can recommend good books for u to read on the topic eg The selfish gene. u can download d pdf
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 5:59pm On May 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Please how did cells derive the propensity to evolve

I would have loved to educate u on d topic only if u are willing to be open minded and stop being biased.
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You want to compare the number of atheists in 1200 and in 2016 . Brilliant thought lipsrsealed . You should also compare the number of Christians in 1200 and 2016 too . cool

Ogbeni , the first link is not working .

Cooy it and paste it in ur browser. And it's quite clear why xtianity has droped so much. Enlightenment grin
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 6:16pm On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

If u don't know evolutionary biology, just say I don't know. Don't assume. I can recommend good books for u to read on the topic eg The selfish gene. u can download d pdf

Didn't even know you were this ignorant of YOUR precious theory.
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:47pm On May 27, 2016
ValentineMary:

Cooy it and paste it in ur browser. And it's quite clear why xtianity has droped so much. Enlightenment grin

We are in a sinful world and these people are enticed by the things of the world . Boys are promiscuous , girls are wantons . Kim Kardashian celebrates her sex tape and the media is awash with stories of her callipygian figure - shallow-mindedness .

This has nothing to do with enlightenment . Stop the self deceit . It has already being foretold people would lose their faith en masse for whatever reason

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 9:06pm On May 27, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

We are in a sinful world and these people are enticed by the things of the world . Boys are promiscuous , girls are wantons . Kim Kardashian celebrates her sex tape and the media is awash with stories of her callipygian figure - shallow-mindedness .

This has nothing to do with enlightenment . Stop the self deceit . It has already being foretold people would lose their faith en masse for whatever reason

Sin according to ur xtian definition has always been. It was even worse during d time of d Roman empire. So pls"sin" is not caused by enlightenment
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:47am On May 28, 2016
ValentineMary:

Sin according to ur xtian definition has always been. It was even worse during d time of d Roman empire. So pls"sin" is not caused by enlightenment

There is little or no 'enlightenment' grin . People become irreligious as they seek the pleasures of the world . Latin America , Europe , America are becoming morally decadent - are you going to pretend that you dont know this ?

Religious tenets deter you from seeking pleasures that are not spiritually edifying like pre-marital sex , partying , dressing indecently etc .So extricating yourself from those strong beliefs leads to irreligiousity/atheism , that's why you have that sense of freedom when you become an atheist . You feel you can do anything you want , nothing holds you back - this is being delusional anyway.
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by Edenoscar(m): 11:41am On May 28, 2016
ValentineMary:

Selfish Gene c'mon
That book is for professionals..I bet if he takes NZT-48 and study the most advanced bio textbooks he would still say man evolved from apes.
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 12:03pm On May 28, 2016
Edenoscar:

Selfish Gene c'mon
That book is for professionals..I bet if he takes NZT-48 and study the most advanced bio textbooks he would still say man evolved from apes.
That guy tire me
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 12:08pm On May 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There is little or no 'enlightenment' grin . People become irreligious as they seek the pleasures of the world . Latin America , Europe , America are becoming morally decadent - are you going to pretend that you dont know this ?

Religious tenets deter you from seeking pleasures that are not spiritually edifying like pre-marital sex , partying , dressing indecently etc .So extricating yourself from those strong beliefs leads to irreligiousity/atheism , that's why you have that sense of freedom when you become an atheist . You feel you can do anything you want , nothing holds you back - this is being delusional anyway.
And Afghanistan is getting more moral abi Why can't u realise that people do good or bad irrespective of religious beliefs. And morality is shapened by our environment. Or are u trying to say christians don't carry out pre-marital sex? or though d net and see countless pastors sleeping with church members. Some even beat church members. I wanted to ignore u but I think it is a virtue to teachd ignorant. But for ur friend BlueAgent, he has crossed d borders of ignorance. No human words can classify him again.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:25pm On May 28, 2016
ValentineMary:

And Afghanistan is getting more moral abi Why can't u realise that people do good or bad irrespective of religious beliefs. And morality is shapened by our environment. Or are u trying to say christians don't carry out pre-marital sex? or though d net and see countless pastors sleeping with church members. Some even beat church members. I wanted to ignore u but I think it is a virtue to teachd ignorant. But for ur friend BlueAgent, he has crossed d borders of ignorance. No human words can classify him again.

Many are called but few are chosen . The ignorance of atheism is indeed ineffable .
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by blueAgent(m): 12:33pm On May 28, 2016
ValentineMary:

Yes our Environment can influence our morals. but that is not an excuse to indugle in immoral habits. People collectively create the kind of environment they want to be in. and it is also influenced by their moral values.

Eg in society were Pre-marital sex is frowned upon. their will be collective action against anybody acting contrary to the norms of that environment or community.

In christedom their are two groups. those who proffers christanity as a religeon but barely live according to the tenants of christanity. and those who confesses and pratice what the believe according to the Bible.

People you mentioned in your example. are people who fit into ,the first class of christains.what they do is wrong before God and Man. and they will be Judged.
Becos everyone is doing something wrong. does not automaically turn it into something
right .

No clever arrangement of bad eggs will
make a good omelet. ”
- C.S. Lewis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by blueAgent(m): 12:35pm On May 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Many are called but few are chosen . The ignorance of atheism is indeed ineffable .

True.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by ValentineMary(m): 1:35pm On May 28, 2016
blueAgent:

Yes our Environment can influence our morals. but that is not an excuse to indugle in immoral habits. People collectively create the kind of environment they want to be in. and it is also influenced by their moral values.

Eg in society were Pre-marital sex is frowned upon. their will be collective action against anybody acting contrary to the norms of that environment or community.

In christedom their are two groups. those who proffers christanity as a religeon but barely live according to the tenants of christanity. and those who confesses and pratice what the believe according to the Bible.

People you mentioned in your example. are people who fit into ,the first class of christains.what they do is wrong before God and Man. and they will be Judged.
Becos everyone is doing something wrong. does not automaically turn it into something
right .

No clever arrangement of bad eggs will
make a good omelet. ”
- C.S. Lewis
Excuse christians give.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by lepasharon(f): 4:16pm On May 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Well Christians do partying, pre-marital sex, dressing indecency anyway so what are you saying

Oh and guess what? they also think their is nothing wrong in doing those things
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog LEMME HELP YOU
YOU DIDN'T ADD THE REASON THAT THE BIBLE WAS GOTTEN FROM OLD MYTHOLOGICAL STORIES WITH SOME SPICE AND TWIST IT'S QUITE AMAZING THAT THEIST DO WORSHIP IDOLS(GODS) BUT QUITE IN A REBRANDED WAY BUT ATHEIST SIMPLY DO NOT WORSHIP IDOLS(GODS) HAVE I HELPED YOU??
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:59pm On May 28, 2016
Lilbrown007:
KingEbukasBlog LEMME HELP YOU
YOU DIDN'T ADD THE REASON THAT THE BIBLE WAS GOTTEN FROM OLD MYTHOLOGICAL STORIES WITH SOME SPICE AND TWIST IT'S QUITE AMAZING THAT THEIST DO WORSHIP IDOLS(GODS) BUT QUITE IN A REBRANDED WAY BUT ATHEIST SIMPLY DO NOT WORSHIP IDOLS(GODS) HAVE I HELPED YOU??

Bring photos and videos of bible authors rehashing old myths or keep quiet bro cool
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:01pm On May 28, 2016
lepasharon:

Well Christians do partying, pre-marital sex, dressing indecency anyway so what are you saying

Oh and guess what? they also think their is nothing wrong in doing those things

Fine baby . Many are called but few are chosen .
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by lepasharon(f): 5:05pm On May 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Fine baby . Many are called but few are chosen .

What do you mean by that?
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 28, 2016

Jesus’s Story is an Obvious
Rehashing Of Numerous
Previous Characters
Perhaps even more compelling is the story of
Christ himself. As it turns out it’s not even
remotely original. It is instead nothing more
than a collection of bits and pieces from dozens
of other stories that came long before. Here are
some examples.

1. Asklepios healed the sick, raised the
dead, and was known as the savior and
redeemer.

2. Hercules was born of a divine father and
mortal mother and was known as the
savior of the world.

3. Dionysus was literally the “Son of
God”, was born of a woman who had not
had sex with a man, and was depicted
riding a donkey. He was a traveling
teacher who performed miracles, and was
killed and resurrected, after which time
he became immortal.

4. Osiris did the same things. He was born
of a virgin, was considered the first true
king of the people, and when he died he
rose from the grave and went to heaven.
5. Osiris’s son, Horus , was known as the
“light of the world”, “The good
shepherd”, and “the lamb”. He was also
referred to as, “The way, the truth, and
the life.” His symbol was a cross-like
symbol.

6. Mithra ‘s birthday was celebrated on the
25th of December , his birth was
witnessed by local shepherds who
brought him gifts, had 12 disciples,
and when he was done on earth he had
a final meal before going up to heaven.
On judgment day he’ll return to pass
judgment on the living and the dead.
The good will go to heaven, and the evil
will die in a giant fire. His holiday is
on Sunday (he’s the Sun God). His
followers called themselves “brothers”,
and their leaders “fathers” . They had
baptism and a meal ritual where
symbolic flesh and blood were eaten.
Heaven was in the sky, and hell was
below with demons and sinners.

7. Krishna had a miraculous conception
that wise men were able to come to
because they were guided by a star.
After he was born an area ruler tried to
have him found and killed. His parents
were warned by a divine messenger,
however, and they escaped and was met
by shepherds. The boy grew up to be
the mediator between God and man.

8. Buddha ‘s mother was told by an angel
that she’d give birth to a holy child
destined to be a savior. As a child he
teaches the priests in his temple about
religion while his parents look for him.
He starts his religious career at roughly
30 years of age and is said to have
spoken to 12 disciples on his deathbed.
One of the disciples is his favorite, and
another is a traitor. He and his disciples
abstain from wealth and travel around
speaking in parables and metaphors. He
called himself “the son of man” and was
referred to as, “prophet”, “master”, and
“Lord”. He healed the sick, cured the
blind and deaf, and he walked on water.
One of his disciples tried to walk on
water as well but sunk because his faith
wasn’t strong enough.

9. Apollonius of Tyana (a contemporary of
Jesus) performed countless miracles
(healing sick and crippled, restored
sight, casted out demons, etc.) His birth
was of a virgin, foretold by an angel. He
knew scripture really well as a child. He
was crucified, rose from the dead and
appeared to his disciples to prove his
power before going to heaven to sit at
the right hand of the father. He was
known as, “The Son of God”.
The problem, of course, is that these previous
narratives existed hundreds to thousands of
years before Jesus did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:38pm On May 28, 2016
lepasharon:

What do you mean by that?

Matthew 22:14. For many are called — Nor imagine, (as if our Lord had said,) that this will be the case of one alone; for though it be a dreadful truth, yet I must say, that even the greatest part of those to whom the gospel is offered, will either openly reject or secretly disobey it; and while indeed many are called to the gospel-feast, it will be manifest by their disregarding it, there are but few chosen in such a sense as finally to partake of its blessings. In short, many hear, few believe: many are members of the visible, but few of the invisible church.
- Bible Hub
Re: Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:44pm On May 28, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Jesus’s Story is an Obvious
Rehashing Of Numerous
Previous Characters
Perhaps even more compelling is the story of
Christ himself. As it turns out it’s not even
remotely original. It is instead nothing more
than a collection of bits and pieces from dozens
of other stories that came long before. Here are
some examples.

1. Asklepios healed the sick, raised the
dead, and was known as the savior and
redeemer.

2. Hercules was born of a divine father and
mortal mother and was known as the
savior of the world.

3. Dionysus was literally the “Son of
God”, was born of a woman who had not
had sex with a man, and was depicted
riding a donkey. He was a traveling
teacher who performed miracles, and was
killed and resurrected, after which time
he became immortal.

4. Osiris did the same things. He was born
of a virgin, was considered the first true
king of the people, and when he died he
rose from the grave and went to heaven.
5. Osiris’s son, Horus , was known as the
“light of the world”, “The good
shepherd”, and “the lamb”. He was also
referred to as, “The way, the truth, and
the life.” His symbol was a cross-like
symbol.

6. Mithra ‘s birthday was celebrated on the
25th of December , his birth was
witnessed by local shepherds who
brought him gifts, had 12 disciples,
and when he was done on earth he had
a final meal before going up to heaven.
On judgment day he’ll return to pass
judgment on the living and the dead.
The good will go to heaven, and the evil
will die in a giant fire. His holiday is
on Sunday (he’s the Sun God). His
followers called themselves “brothers”,
and their leaders “fathers” . They had
baptism and a meal ritual where
symbolic flesh and blood were eaten.
Heaven was in the sky, and hell was
below with demons and sinners.

7. Krishna had a miraculous conception
that wise men were able to come to
because they were guided by a star.
After he was born an area ruler tried to
have him found and killed. His parents
were warned by a divine messenger,
however, and they escaped and was met
by shepherds. The boy grew up to be
the mediator between God and man.

8. Buddha ‘s mother was told by an angel
that she’d give birth to a holy child
destined to be a savior. As a child he
teaches the priests in his temple about
religion while his parents look for him.
He starts his religious career at roughly
30 years of age and is said to have
spoken to 12 disciples on his deathbed.
One of the disciples is his favorite, and
another is a traitor. He and his disciples
abstain from wealth and travel around
speaking in parables and metaphors. He
called himself “the son of man” and was
referred to as, “prophet”, “master”, and
“Lord”. He healed the sick, cured the
blind and deaf, and he walked on water.
One of his disciples tried to walk on
water as well but sunk because his faith
wasn’t strong enough.

9. Apollonius of Tyana (a contemporary of
Jesus) performed countless miracles
(healing sick and crippled, restored
sight, casted out demons, etc.) His birth
was of a virgin, foretold by an angel. He
knew scripture really well as a child. He
was crucified, rose from the dead and
appeared to his disciples to prove his
power before going to heaven to sit at
the right hand of the father. He was
known as, “The Son of God”.
The problem, of course, is that these previous
narratives existed hundreds to thousands of
years before Jesus did.

Stop lying ! Replace those names with Johydon22 , Hahn , dalaman , weah96 , lepasharon , valentinemary ,kay17 . These are the real characters. Who share the similarity . Don't worry Nairalanders , the truth has to be told

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christian Brainwashing VS Islam Brainwashing / Our Daily Manna ODM Fasting 2018 Starts Today, Read Today's Prayer Points / Your Soul Is More Precious Than The Whole World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.