Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:11 AM

Why You Should Not Divorce - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Not Divorce (352 Views)

The Fastest Divorce I Ever Witness because Of Sex / Some Of The Most Shocking Reasons For Divorce/Breakups Ever. / Lara Fortes Oshimhole Filed For Divorce. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Divorce by SamJed(m): 11:11am On May 02, 2016
This is for 'daters' and 'soon to weds' to do the right thing and stop jumping anyhow into relationships which can lead to marriage in order to avoid divorce which is now the order of the day even among top pastors. These are some biblical facts on divorce and marriage which we tend to ignore most times.
1. Marriage is a lifelong covenant: 1Cor. 7:10&11- 10 To the married I give this command(not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife. 1 Cor. 7 : 39- A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord. Malachi 2:14- Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant

2. It is a clear disobedience of God's word: Matthew 19:6- Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Well, except if it is not God that joined your own.

3. It is regarded as adultery before God if you divorce and remarry: luke 16:18- “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

4. Divorce was once permitted in the time of Moses but for a reason but still take note of the last sentence: Matthew 19:8- He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

5. But these are the only biblical criterias for divorce: Matthew 5: 32- But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery. 1 Cor. 7:15- But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace.

5. However in terms of critical marital problems, [big]separation[/big] is allowed but only on a condition: 1Cor. 7:10-11 10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

In conclusion, the day you took or will take this marriage vows "I, ...... take you, ..... to be my lawful wedded husband/wife. I promise and covenant, before God and these witnesses, to be your loving and faithful husband/wife; to stand by you in riches and in poverty, in joy and in sorrow, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, as long as we both shall live." you entered/will enter a lifelong ''bondage'' per se with your wedding rings as your ''handcuffs''. Before you divorce ask yourself, all does times you couldnt sleep without talking to him or her, all those times he or she was the sugar in your tea and the butter in your bread, all those times you could catch a grenade and even stand in front of a T54 armoured tank for him where did they go to Can't you try to bring those good days back Do not marry someone because of money, looks, fame or pity but let TRUE LOVE lead.

lalasticlala seun mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Knowing Relationship Benchmark / What I Do, Depends On Who I Am / Which One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.