Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,212 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters (7201 Views)

Dino Melaye To Senate: "I Changed My Name & I Am Ready To Tender The Affidavit" / 10 Buhari Ministers Threaten To Tender Resignation Letters / We’re Ready To Tender 2017 Budget, Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by IkennaNweke(m): 12:04pm On May 03, 2016
Reports emanating from the Presidency indicates that not less than 10 ministers are threatening to tender their resignation letters.

It was learnt that the mass resignation became necessary, because six months after President Muhammadu Buhari swore in his ministers, most of them have still not settled down in Abuja.

The ministers are alleged to be groaning, because the N4 million approved by the president as their yearly accommodation allowance have not been able to rent any meaningful house in Abuja.

The N4 million, according to findings can only rent flats and not homes, and giving the need for security, those flats which have many other tenants in the building, are not secure or fit for purpose.

However, owing to the inadequacy of the funds approved for their accommodation by President Muhammadu Buhari, some ministers have been forced to stay in dingy hotels or squat with friends and relatives, it was gathered.

The ministers, THISDAY learnt, are concerned that it would be next to impossible for them to get accommodation befitting their offices with N4 million in Abuja and have repeatedly appealed to Buhari to review it upwards to N20 million per annum, but their request has been turned down.

This non-commitment of the President towards the ministers’ welfare is allegedly leading to mass resignation.

According to a source in the presidency, “In a bid to make their case, all the ministers who had formed a committee on the issue of their accommodation met with Buhari last week Wednesday, but he rejected their request, because his hands are tied by the Remuneration Act, even though he empathises with their situation.

“They were asking for N20 million per annum for their accommodation. But prior to last week’s meeting, several other options had been proposed, including buying an estate or the FCDA building one, but these were considered expensive and dropped.

“The final option was the request for N20 million per annum, because some ministers are squatting in Abuja and the situation is impacting on their jobs.”

However, the president was said to have declined at increasing the accommodation allowance to N20 million on the grounds that the administration could suffer a backlash from the public.

The source also explained that the N4 million approved by the president was in line with the current remuneration package for public office holders.

Under the current package, ministers are entitled to N4,052,800 as housing allowance per annum.

However, Aides of the ministers conversant with the problem, said that some compromise would have to be reached so that the ministers could find decent accommodation in Abuja.

“We hope there will be a meeting point over what the president has approved for the ministers and the special advisers who are on the same level, as the N4 million is not realistic at all.

“Some of these public office holders were past governors and chief executives in private concerns before they were appointed, and it will be unfair to downgrade their living standards,” one ministerial aide stated.

He added, that the nature of their jobs also requires some ministers to host local and foreign dignitaries at their residences when they visit Abuja.

“By virtue of their office, some ministers such as those in charge of foreign affairs, budget and national planning, finance, trade and investment, health, and education, among others, often host foreign dignitaries from missions, embassies and international or multilateral donor agencies. Accordingly, they would need befitting accommodation.

“It would not be in our interest for such dignitaries to be hosted in tiny flats or in far flung suburbs outside the metropolis, which is what the N4 million can afford at the moment. Besides, there might also be security concerns about allowing ministers to live in such suburbs or even hosting foreign dignitaries there.

“Right now, the absence of accommodation also means that many of them have not been able to relocate their families and have been shuttling on a regular basis to cater to the home front. Realistically, that will be a distraction that the administration could do without,” the aide said.

Another aide, who preferred not to be named, blamed the problem on the monetisation programme of the Olusegun Obasanjo administration, resulting in the sale of official residences built for ministers and other top government functionaries in Abuja.

“In the past, former ministers lived in multi purpose-built spacious mansions in Maitama, the Ministers’ Hill, also in Maitama, and the Ministers’ Quarters in Mabushi, which were all within the Abuja metropolis,” he said.

Although, sources refused to divulge the names of the ministers who are considering resignation.

http://www.post-nigeria.com/buhari-ministers-split-10-likely-to-tender-resignation-letters/
Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by SeverusSnape(m): 12:04pm On May 03, 2016
Who their resignation 'epp'

Even with their presence, Did they make any impact?... Just Phantom promises and incredulous lies.

Besides, their dullardic principal (Buhari) once referred to them as 'noise makers'. So they are free to vamoose.

I hope his royal lieness - Lai Mohammed is among the resignees.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 03, 2016
They can go

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 03, 2016
Excuses, lazy bunch of over pampered babies
You don't need to sleep in a 20million naira house in order to get your brain to work

There are three bedroom apartments in ABJ going for 12mill with swimming pool and all that fancy stuff
At least three ministers can join their 4mill each and rent the place. If you cant even live together, how can you work together?

Those 10 ministers should be shot in-between their eyes

26 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by IVORY2009(m): 12:08pm On May 03, 2016
This govt is the most clueless, I hv ever seen shocked

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:09pm On May 03, 2016
E go add meat for my soup?? Even if the Dullard Of The Tribe Of Daura resigns today e no konsine me..

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by donbenedict(m): 12:11pm On May 03, 2016
They should resign, nonsense... public offices isn't an avenue to make money.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by SeverusSnape(m): 12:12pm On May 03, 2016
IVORY2009:
As in eh... Their cluelessness is top notch.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by SeverusSnape(m): 12:13pm On May 03, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:
Excuses, lazy bunch, over pampered babies
You don't need to sleep in a 20million naira house in other to get your brain to work

Order my friend, 'Order'.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by Beremx(f): 12:15pm On May 03, 2016
so they want me to believe that none of them have private houses in Abuja?
these ministers sef!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by augster(m): 12:15pm On May 03, 2016
Craze people...
Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 03, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Order my friend, 'Order'.

Thanks, you do this for a living?

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by bonechamberlain(m): 12:19pm On May 03, 2016
criminals, we are in the change era, angry they need rent of 10 to 20 mil .. they brought in change, change should not be selective it should be for all. Nigerians are living in dilapidated structures while some are still looking for shelter, while some criminal change agents are looking for 10 million to RENT houses. rubbish angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by SeverusSnape(m): 12:19pm On May 03, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Thanks, you do this for a living?
What?... Teaching?
Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by bonechamberlain(m): 12:20pm On May 03, 2016
criminals, we are in the change era, angry they need rent of 10 to 20 mil .. they brought in change, change should not be selective it should be for all. Nigerians are living in dilapidated structures while some are still looking for shelter, while some criminal change agents are looking for 10 million to RENT houses. rubbish angry ..... that's if this is not another propaganda by this govt.
Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by modath(f): 12:20pm On May 03, 2016
IVORY2009:

Sure, especially when your tribal & religious induced Myopia makes seeing good things almost impossible!!! cool

It's obvious you couldn't comprehend what the article is all about....

On Topic;

Did they not read the "terms and conditions" attached before accepting the job , or they don't know their "employer" no longer has de pockets?

Emotional blackmail won't solve nothing.....

It's obvious this story is an exaggeration but if they want to resign, God bless them, there are 180m+ people, finding another 10 won't be hard..

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 03, 2016
SeverusSnape:

What?... Teaching?

No, Correcting people online.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by modath(f): 12:22pm On May 03, 2016
Beremx:

these ministers sef!

Don't mind them, dem want to call dog for as monkey, nah , efribodi yaff wise.... Apart from Alfa, That Journalist & maybe 2 or 3 more obscure people, the people or that list a not Joe Average !!!

Sacrifice dem not fit make, na wah!!!

How u dey jare? Baby O nko? Take care..
Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by SeverusSnape(m): 12:26pm On May 03, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

No, Correcting people online.
No, just once in a while.
Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by White007(m): 12:28pm On May 03, 2016
Beremx:

these ministers sef!

Ah!!! Your head dey there, i was about to say the same.

Don't mind them, they all have houses in Abuja, but they just want to collect the 20million, after then they pretend as if they rented mansions and pocket the money. Bunch of rogues!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by oganology33(m): 12:31pm On May 03, 2016
ThankGod!!! Pls hope itz today ooo. Rubbish!!!
Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by Opinedecandid(m): 12:32pm On May 03, 2016
Hmmmm.

Resignation ni, resignation ko.

So what they are trying to deceive the public, yet again, is that Amaechi. Fashola, Udo Udoma, Fayemi, etc didn't have houses, even mansions in Abuja prior to their appointments?

If they resign, it's not because of meagre rent allowance anything,,its because they are ashamed of themselves, afraid of the masses, and disappointed that APC's administration is a monumental FAILURE, Period!

We won't buy any other propaganda from this administration, no matter how disguised.

I have been buying fuel for #250/liter since on Sunday.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by Nkemtreasure: 12:42pm On May 03, 2016
Na lie. No one, I mean no one can resign. They just want to give us another talking point so our attention can be diverted from talking about the MOST UNIMPRESSIVE ONE YEAR IN OFFICE BY ANY NIGERIAN LEADER.
Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by possibilita(m): 12:44pm On May 03, 2016
I hope Fashola and Ameachi will be the first.

Pls Buhari let them go Seun can do their job for just 5k/annum

Lala can do their work for snakes all u have to do is dash him Buratais snkae farm.

Barcanista can do the work for free.

While LadyF can do it for just FTC thanks.

The truth is give the job to young men and see their impact .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by Acidosis(m): 12:46pm On May 03, 2016
A President that is capable of denying his Ministers good and decent accommodation is capable of starving his citizens to death.

These signs are boldly written on the wall even for the blind to see.

Basic principles of motivation show that a well motivated staff is bound to perform better than poorly motivated ones. Nigeria is rich enough to provide for her Ministers, as well as, the citizens.

This pretentious stingy and archaically backward Leader is more than capable of ruining this nation. Enough of the pretence already!! Nigeria is not POOR.
Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by obongtunji: 12:46pm On May 03, 2016
I hope the minister from my state will resign because I will want to take his place. Let President Buhari give me 1million for housing allowance. I will just get a house in Nyanya, Kuje, Kubwa or even Gwagwalada. Most of these ministers have mansion in abuja which they don't even need to pay for, so why looking for another? Some civil servants have not been paid for the past 6months, but all the ministers are being paid their housing allowance, newspaper allowance, travelling allowance, vehicle maintenance allowance, furniture allowance e.t.c allowance. Trust me we have over 1million people that can deliver with little of no allowance. Let them concentrate on the promises Mr President and APC promised Nigerians.
Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by musicwriter(m): 12:47pm On May 03, 2016
This's just an example of how government officials run the country down. Nobody wants to sacrifice for the nation.

It's always about their comfort and what they can get from the country.

Yet, all these ministers have 2 or 3 buildings in same Abuja!!.

Those who have buildings in Abuja should be identified and sacked immediately, cause this's a clear proof they're not ready to sacrifice anything to help move Nigeria forward.
Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by Acidosis(m): 12:53pm On May 03, 2016
The pretentious corny snake we call a President has never sacrificed anything since attaining that post, yet he wants every other person to starve to death.

It will never work.

If Nigeria is indeed poor, let the President relocate to Nassarawa state. That way, his Ministers would gladly follow...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by Bigcake: 12:54pm On May 03, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:
Excuses, lazy bunch of over pampered babies
You don't need to sleep in a 20million naira house in order to get your brain to work

There are three bedroom apartments in ABJ going for 12mill with swimming pool and all that fancy stuff
At least three ministers can join their 4mill each and rent the place. If you cant even live together, how can you work together?

Those 10 ministers should be shot in-between their eyes

One zobo for you.. you said it all, let them cohabit together by contributing the 4million naira and pay for a 3bedroom flat.... make thunder fire them all.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by funkyibodude(m): 12:54pm On May 03, 2016
I thought each minister represents a state, and each state has a state or guest house in Abuja, why not lodge in their respective state house. Or what happened to ministers quatrs?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by Acidosis(m): 12:54pm On May 03, 2016
obongtunji:
I hope the minister from my state will resign because I will want to take his place. Let President Buhari give me 1million for housing allowance. I will just get a house in Nyanya, Kuje, Kubwa or even Gwagwalada. Most of these ministers have mansion in abuja which they don't even need to pay for, so why looking for another? Some civil servants have not been paid for the past 6months, but all the ministers are being paid their housing allowance, newspaper allowance, travelling allowance, vehicle maintenance allowance, furniture allowance e.t.c allowance. Trust me we have over 1million people that can deliver with little of no allowance. Let them concentrate on the promises Mr President and APC promised Nigerians.

We also have over 100 million people who will perform better than President Muhammadu Buhari at N100,000/Month Salary.
Re: Buhari Ministers Split, 10 Likely To Tender Resignation Letters by CaptainRahl(m): 12:55pm On May 03, 2016
Who cares!
If they like, let all d cabinet ministers resign because Nigerians wouldn't feel their absence.
I'm sure millions of qualified graduates out there will gladly accept to serve as cabinet ministers (and been paid using the minimum wage salary structure) without asking for bogus allowances.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Is Looking For The Guy Whose Savage Tweet To Him Went Viral (screenshot) / Dickson appoints 60 new aides — five weeks to guber poll / What The Hell Is "Niger Delta Republic"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.