Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Albinos In Malawi May Face Possible Extinction – United Nations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Albinos In Malawi May Face Possible Extinction – United Nations (628 Views)

Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly / El-Rufai & His Classmates At United Nations University-Merit, Netherlands (Pics) / UNBELIEVABLE: 24-year-old Man To Face Possible Jail Time Over Alleged Threats To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Albinos In Malawi May Face Possible Extinction – United Nations by illuz(m): 2:45pm On May 03, 2016
A United Nation human rights council’s expert says that Malawian Albinos may face extinction. In other words the UN personnel implied that it has sadly gotten to that point where albinos will not be found in Malawi for all the wrong reasons.
Albinos all over the world face a certain level of discrimination. But in Africa, the experience is a lot worse. In different parts of the continent, albinism is viewed as taboo. As such people with albinism in the region go through a lot of ordeal.

According to the expert Ms Ikponwosa Ero, who is also an albino, there is an estimated 10, 000 albinos most likely to face “extinction”. This is because of the incessant and inhumane treatments meted out to them. Some are murdered. Others are mutilated for diabolical reasons. Ms Ero says that albinos in some parts of Africa are seen as a source of income.
In places like Malawi and Tanzani there have been cases where albinos lose a part or parts of their body to ritualists who want to be wealthy and influential. In a place like Tanzania there are local markets where charms made from albino body parts are sold. Desperate citizens who want to be rich go as far as exhuming the dead bodies of Malawian albinos from their graves.

“Malawi is one of the world’s poorest countries and the sale of body parts of persons with albinism is believed to be very lucrative.” Ms Ero says that if this hideous crimes continue to be perpetuated on Malawian albinos, then they are bound to go extinct.

Re: Albinos In Malawi May Face Possible Extinction – United Nations by akanniade10(m): 2:48pm On May 03, 2016
Re: Albinos In Malawi May Face Possible Extinction – United Nations by philGeo(m): 2:52pm On May 03, 2016
I am not happy about what is happening to Albinos.
Re: Albinos In Malawi May Face Possible Extinction – United Nations by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 03, 2016
I thank God for my life simply because i was an albino b4, but with constant staying in the sun, i transmogryfied into a normal fair guy....also ma advice 2 all albinos worldwide, sundry urself nd u re good 2 go
Re: Albinos In Malawi May Face Possible Extinction – United Nations by odimbannamdi(m): 2:59pm On May 03, 2016
it is well
Re: Albinos In Malawi May Face Possible Extinction – United Nations by illuz(m): 12:42pm On May 04, 2016
[quote author=2undexy post=45275417]I thank God for my life simply because i was an albino b4, but with constant staying in the sun, i transmogryfied into a normal fair guy....also ma advice 2 all albinos worldwide, sundry urself nd u re good 2 go[so the hot sun helped ur case and now U are testifying about it.]

(1) (Reply)

NUPENG/PENGASSON: Any Better Definition Of Hypocrisy? / Avengers....making This Administration Ungovernable. ... / Beautiful New Photo Of Wife Of Vice President, Dolapo Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.