Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,810 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion - Business (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion (76344 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Go Down)

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by dicksj93: 10:43pm On May 03, 2016
Wow! Finally we made the frontpage!

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by dicksj93: 10:44pm On May 03, 2016
Which sane brain bans betting n leaves romance n sexuality.....

I smell something...
#nosiah mode on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by paragon40(m): 10:46pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too strong for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

What do you think? Please click 'like' if you like the idea; thanks.

1. is regulated by the Lagos State Lotteries Board with the company name: Get Altitude Nigeria Limited.
2. Merrybet Gold ltd is regulated by Lagos State Lotteries Board. Seun I was amazed when i saw, Sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent" main reason why u had to suspend "our betting thread which over the years, have moved from season1-season10 some one should correct me if i am wrong, i think this move is undemocratic, unnecessary, and out of place.

To start with u will agree with me that sport betting is legal in Nigeria. so why will u use the word "fraudulent" are u saying the Lagos State Govt, who regulates these Companies are supporting illegality?? only u can answer that, abeg those political ads u run for your site during election na towards "legitimate entrepreneurship and finance" even when u know say politics no epp any body for Naija...money made via traffic wen those threads (betting)wer running abeg please donate them to charity..since the source of the income was bad, minus and plus, calculate and remove such... wonder why u should be the accuser, defender, judge, over your own case.. forget those likes over thr u are 'Mr. Seun who owns Nairaland' do you expect less, no mtter the post, suggestion wethr good, or bad, you will take the shine (fact). betting is an individual thing and for pple who are over (18) so why call it fraudulent wen it is even recognized by the government.. it is only in business i know they use 'investors' as recognized by u.. only if you know the kind of fun we catch on those threads i wont judge you.. your signature speaks better '''''''''I'm not very active on Nairaland right now''''''''' u are not active yet you went to close an active thread that has moved from season1-9,10 over the years. U need to know we catch a lot of fun from those threads than the joke sectin sef, nairaland no be betting site now so why carry sand enter garri now....why u know ask questions, from pple wei dey use the thread egbon, instead ...if people don't make money why do they still ply you are quilty of rule 7. of Nairaland " Don't say, do, or THREATEN to do anything that's detrimental to the security, 'SUCCESS', or 'REPUTATION' of Nairaland". closing that merrybet and other betting bla bla, thread is detrimental to the success of Nairaland...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by repogirl(f): 10:46pm On May 03, 2016
bastien:
I bet to disagree jor, yes I do lose, most especially 100 stake, but when I stake 2k and above I hardly lose.

Sunday n Monday I won 9k respectively, making it 18k
hmm,okay o....if you say so. ... Still gambling doesn't help.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by MrFootball(m): 10:50pm On May 03, 2016
emflex:

How many times i go tell una say Liverpool cut e acca
LOL....anyways.. I'm gonna miss lots of gus on that thread sha sad
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Godtaye: 10:50pm On May 03, 2016
Punters taking over the thread
Let the tips flow
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by sucobaba(m): 10:50pm On May 03, 2016
vsaintchigs:
sucobaba,u fit drop those sites wey u dey use do analysis here once more.since dem don delete am .i wan turn punter by force

1.Betexplorer
2.Soccerstats
3.Betrader

Enjoy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by emflex(m): 10:51pm On May 03, 2016
Midnight NHL. Icehockey

Both teams to score
New York Islanders - Tampa Bay Lightning 1.15
Yes

Both teams to score
Nashville Predators - San Jose Sharks 1.16
Yes

Odds

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by sainty2k3(m): 10:59pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too strong for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

What do you think? Please click 'like' if you like the idea; thanks.

people sleep with ashawo ,have random sex, some contacted HIV some families scattered. yet thread for ashawo joint remain on front page in sexuality section, thread with nudity make front page. you are a complete hypocrite

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by donem: 11:02pm On May 03, 2016
Calebsky:

lol
sire I sight u, many greetings, its been long how's life?

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Chiadikaobi(m): 11:06pm On May 03, 2016
lordthree:

How far make we open whatsapp group na
You are free to add me if any
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Chiadikaobi(m): 11:07pm On May 03, 2016
MrFootball:

e be like say alabi deal with Oga Seun dis last weekend grin...... e kon de carry him vex put on us.
He give mancity handicap +2 with moderator salary to win southampton

Alabi wicked shaaa

3 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by abogjohn(m): 11:08pm On May 03, 2016
Shey dis seun get brain so?, because i no understand d guy oo.. How him go ban bet when we still dey debate am. Ohhh maybe because of the unpaid advert of merrybet in the merrybet forum. Seun na P*ssy jaree. Him say pple dey lose money. Shey na seun papa money ni. because i no undestand oo

3 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by emflex(m): 11:08pm On May 03, 2016
sainty2k3:

people sleep with ashawo ,have random sex, some contacted HIV some families scattered. yet thread for ashawo joint remain on front page in sexuality section, thread with nudity make front page. you are a complete hypocrite
Is sexuality section the same as romance section?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by abogjohn(m): 11:10pm On May 03, 2016
sainty2k3:

No mind the id*ot seun.. Na me send am make bet chop am... I just hope he ban me because i go tell am my mind.. Foolish mods
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Chiadikaobi(m): 11:11pm On May 03, 2016
Ibolt4m:
I knw say Mr lowodd nor go dy happy to see dis :DD ...dis sun abi na seuny dy find d biggest trouble of his life,....and by d way Mr seun if u dy look for or u 1 recover back d money akin baba aka alabi chop u....try play vfl u will recover very fast grin grin cheesy :DD....to my fellow punters make una nor mind seun,we all from here....to Mr lowodd DAT ur last tip wound me for waist but athletico de Madrid na confirmed club wey help me recovered plus project grin grin grin grin
Baba that game scatter my waist but wetin mr lowodd go do??

Mr lowodd dey happy say you don recover. Thats my wish to all punters in the house.

We go dey punt and win..... Enjoy baba

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by dunkem21(m): 11:12pm On May 03, 2016
The one wey go vex bobos pass na if "Pharoah" come lock this thread embarassed
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by truthful01: 11:12pm On May 03, 2016
sucobaba:

1.Betexplorer
2.Soccerstats
3.Betrader

Enjoy

Sucobaba how far. Abeg I be silent follower of ur word on the marble picks. How we go do am now. I no know wetin dey worry this seun guy. Him just come put sand for person garri... pls wats the way forward cos it has really been a success so far. Together we can continue to hit alabi and co hard. Dyu intend to continue on another platform?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by MrFootball(m): 11:12pm On May 03, 2016
Chiadikaobi:
He give mancity handicap +2 with moderator salary to win southampton

Alabi wicked shaaa
smiley wink cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by abogjohn(m): 11:14pm On May 03, 2016
paragon40:

1. is regulated by the Lagos State Lotteries Board with the company name: Get Altitude Nigeria Limited.
2. Merrybet Gold ltd is regulated by Lagos State Lotteries Board. Seun I was amazed when i saw, Sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent" main reason why u had to suspend "our betting thread which over the years, have moved from season1-season10 some one should correct me if i am wrong, i think this move is undemocratic, unnecessary, and out of place.

To start with u will agree with me that sport betting is legal in Nigeria. so why will u use the word "fraudulent" are u saying the Lagos State Govt, who regulates these Companies are supporting illegality?? only u can answer that, abeg those political ads u run for your site during election na towards "legitimate entrepreneurship and finance" even when u know say politics no epp any body for Naija...money made via traffic wen those threads (betting)wer running abeg please donate them to charity..since the source of the income was bad, minus and plus, calculate and remove such... wonder why u should be the accuser, defender, judge, over your own case.. forget those likes over thr u are 'Mr. Seun who owns Nairaland' do you expect less, no mtter the post, suggestion wethr good, or bad, you will take the shine (fact). betting is an individual thing and for pple who are over (18) so why call it fraudulent wen it is even recognized by the government.. it is only in business i know they use 'investors' as recognized by u.. only if you know the kind of fun we catch on those threads i wont judge you.. your signature speaks better '''''''''I'm not very active on Nairaland right now''''''''' u are not active yet you went to close an active thread that has moved from season1-9,10 over the years. U need to know we catch a lot of fun from those threads than the joke sectin sef, nairaland no be betting site now so why carry sand enter garri now....why u know ask questions, from pple wei dey use the thread egbon, instead ...if people don't make money why do they still ply you are quilty of rule 7. of Nairaland " Don't say, do, or THREATEN to do anything that's detrimental to the security, 'SUCCESS', or 'REPUTATION' of Nairaland". closing that merrybet and other betting bla bla, thread is detrimental to the success of Nairaland...

no mind d idiot. He is just concern about the unpaid advert of d bookmakers on that forum.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Chiadikaobi(m): 11:14pm On May 03, 2016
Generalkorex:
Them try 2 steal our shoe. Them no knw say we be white garment church member.
Calebsky,Mr lowodd,sucobaba,Manuella4ace,Timbuktu14,profdotcom,Frank0001,dunkem21
oya letz take over dis thread jare. Or make we move away.
I hail all the punters in the house. Blessing follow you

See as our thread balance for frontpage like buhari. we go dey drop picks and win.

Anybody wey dey try frustrate me dey waste time cus mr lowodd go shine like leicester city

6 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by abogjohn(m): 11:16pm On May 03, 2016
dicksj93:
Which sane brain bans betting n leaves romance n sexuality.....

I smell something...
#nosiah mode on
the guy na pussy naa.. Something wey sucobaba tips of over 2.5 dey gimme money everyday. This idiot come ban am. God go ban him success

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by bastien: 11:19pm On May 03, 2016
repogirl:
hmm,okay o....if you say so. ... Still gambling doesn't help.
which one come help?

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by kodimoore(m): 11:20pm On May 03, 2016
GBAGAM.

Chiadikaobi:
I hail all the punters in the house. Blessing follow you

See as our thread balance for frontpage like buhari. we go dey drop picks and win.

Anybody wey dey try frustrate me dey waste time cus mr lowodd go shine like leicester city

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by LaExpert: 11:21pm On May 03, 2016
JerryQ:
Let me first try to clarify something. Forex trading and Sports betting are two opposites. We don't bet in FOREX we trade intelligently. I have been trading FOREX for 8 years now and its one of the best things that has happened to me. Though i made a mistake at the start by trading on borrowed money. It took me the next 2 years to trade out that money and paid back the debt. The problem we had from FOREX trade in Nigeria then was we were armatures in a professional biz.I had to start all over when i saw my real state to learn from those that were trading profitably. This took years of learning. Finding the right person to teach you is not easy. i now have friends world wide that have helped me in my profitability. So please never think FOREX as betting or gambling. for the record i don't do sport betting, never and will never God helping me because i hate gambling. A picture says a thousand words. ( please don't write to me here asking me to teach you, i wont see it most likely cos i might be studying something profitable in a FOREX forum)

You've traded FOREX for 8 years?! shocked lipsrsealed

Congratulations sir, now I truly believe you hate gambling and will never gamble.

May God help you.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by fretfingers: 11:24pm On May 03, 2016
lestat:
Frankly your point doesn't make any sense! Is sport being or forex trading illegal ?? No not in any country in the world!
I think what we have here is an outright abuse of perceived influence because you think you have something against the said practices there by you want users to justify an action you have already clearly decided to make.
Now is the ban on sports betting and forex trading beneficial to your website users? No it's not!
Because your user base are not the major clients of sports betting and forex comoanies.
Infact I don't know anyone who has gotten good sports betting tips from your website.
Infact your website is so insignificant in the sports betting genre because I know for a fact that the major players don't advertise here as they do on other sites like Linda Ikeji and Bella naija.
If trully you care about nairaland users first take steps to curb the tribal hate and religious hate that your website activity encourages!
Don't come here and play the sympathetic cronner when in reality there's probably some other reason you want to ban these.
I guess maybe because they don't advertise with you?
Mr Seun take steps to curb hate posts that your website encourages these are doing more damage to the country than all the 100 naira my gateman looses every weekend to bet9ja.

#WORD!!! @bolded

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Calebsky(m): 11:27pm On May 03, 2016
donem:

sire I sight u, many greetings, its been long how's life?

am good, and u?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by truthful01: 11:28pm On May 03, 2016
Guys make we arrange ourselves na find another platform to continue merrybet football betting season 10. Abi shey na only seun get this kind website? Make d guy go chop him site na. He can shove his site up his a*se for all i care. All we need to do is to find another similar platform and move it there. The sooner we do that, the better cos as him head dey touch now, him fit just come close this thread anytime. Abi guys, what dyu think?

Cc: sucobaba, vikings007, godoluwa, calebsky, chiadikaobi, olutola88, and all others too many to mention

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by sucobaba(m): 11:28pm On May 03, 2016
truthful01:

Sucobaba how far. Abeg I be silent follower of ur word on the marble picks. How we go do am now. I no know wetin dey worry this seun guy. Him just come put sand for person garri... pls wats the way forward cos it has really been a success so far. Together we can continue to hit alabi and co hard. Dyu intend to continue on another platform?

This is a massive blessings in disguise....all those silent followers of project marble just dey bombard me with PMs tongue tongue tongue tongue....even our ministry tanda for FP.

Heard there's a new base been shared but anti-spam no won even see any thing like be....g at all.

Imagine the traffic that would hit our new "base".....but I will miss NL. Home since 2008

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by zeer: 11:28pm On May 03, 2016

Seun
This is really not the way to go about it.

you want to see legitimate business discussions on the business section of nairaland
when someone make a post * asking for advice * we see so many useless comments springing up.. is that what you wanna regulate

You said something about been addictive?
i can remember that we are all adults and we know the risks involve rules , the rules and regulations of betting.

how is betting fraudulent??
i use my own money to stake - i want to double my money and am aware of the risks
life is all about risk.
i cannot steal - or cause chaos to the society
some of us are jobless and we survive through betting
we nigerians are very hopeful people
and betting gives us hope
plz kindly return the merrybet pfp betting thread
-
you can regulate betting on nairaland and on the business section instead of banning betting
please
regards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by abbey621(m): 11:28pm On May 03, 2016
Mr.Seun: Please don't turn Nairaland into an over moderated forum in which contributors are no longer free to express themselves. I know in Nigeria we are used to abusing the rights of the citizens but this will only hurt Nairaland in the long run. Forex trading and Sportsbetting are two activities that have made many profitable including simpletons like me. When I first started Forex I was looking for quick money and I lost everything but ever since moving abroad and meeting with real pros, I realize Forex trading is not a do or die affair, to many it's just an hobby and most people would never invest their survival money in it, so far my account is up 145% in 3 years and in Sportsbetting a profit of about 300%. Anyone that gets scammed by Forex or Sportsbetting is probably a novice and a lazy person not capable of succeeding in most ventures. Today it's sportsbetting and Forex, tomorrow it might be religious topics or health issues! Nairaland is beloved for its dynamic views,don't kill it by making it bland!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29)

Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video) / Forex Trade Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.