Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week (1039 Views)

Masquerades Join Party Members To Welcome Defectors To APC In Rivers. Photos / Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello Spotted in the midst of Masquerades At Anyigba (Photo) / Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by three: 6:02pm On May 03, 2016
Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, says dressing masquerades could create a thousand jobs per week for Nigerian men.

Speaking at the sectoral debate of the federal house of representative in Abuja on Tuesday, Mohammed said most states in Nigeria have one festival or the other.

“Most states today have more than one festival a year, but the packaging and lack of capacity has not enabled them to make the most out of these festivals,” he said.

“There’s a particular masquerade in the south east, it takes 100 people to dress him, another 100 people to UnCloth him.

“If this masquerade is well-packaged, it can provide employment in one week for more than 1000 young men. These are some of the untapped potentials.”

Mohammed explained that Nigeria has the oldest forest in the world in terms of biodiversity for tourists to visit, but tourists are discouraged by bribing and insecurity in the country.

“I worked in the airport for 10 years, and I know that if you want your passport stamped as a foreigner, you slip $100 into your passport. No tourist would come back to a country where he has to bribe immigration to enter.

“No tourist would come to a country where, when he leaves immigration, he enters a ‘one-chance’ taxi or ‘one-chance’ bus. It’s a holistic problem and these are all contained in the national tourism master plan, which I would make available to the house.

“We must make a difference between tourist sites and tourist attractions; what we have in Nigeria are tourist sites. They are not tourist attractions.

“You need infrastructure to convert a tourist site to a tourist attraction. If you don’t have infrastructure, it would always remain a tourist site,

“In Cross Rivers reserve park, Nigeria has the oldest forest in the whole world. It is the oldest in terms of biodiversity, and we have this very rare, white-mane gorilla in that area, but because my people in Cross River have decided to turn them to bush meat, they have now escaped.”

https://www.thecable.ng/lai-one-masquerade-can-create-jobs-for-1000-men

Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by madridguy(m): 6:03pm On May 03, 2016
ok
Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 03, 2016
Of everyone in Nigeria wether living or dead (including BH)
This is just the one person i despise soo much.

1 Like

Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by Luckylife(m): 6:10pm On May 03, 2016
Can you imagine !
Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by johnPollock(m): 6:10pm On May 03, 2016
imagine o..smh
Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by Peacetemi: 6:20pm On May 03, 2016
Oga lai mohamed.

Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by rapistbuhari: 6:30pm On May 03, 2016
Why don't he recruit his children into the 'lucrative' masquerade dressing business

When are we occupying this man's house undecided

3 Likes

Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by utytill(m): 6:33pm On May 03, 2016
Last i checked,some people are already working in CBN,FRSC and NC without advert and application letter.

1 Like

Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by aare07(m): 6:33pm On May 03, 2016
We need serious change.
Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by deboysben(m): 6:40pm On May 03, 2016
oga liar can u manage to start with ur family .

1 Like

Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 03, 2016
At this junction... i must confess, this man was a mistake.

You have an over saturated ssce/bsc/hnd/ond/mcs/phd labour market and all he can come up with is masquerade dressings?..

God.. only you have a reason for making Nigeria my country of origin..

Well.. to God be the glory

Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by Sunnynwa: 6:51pm On May 03, 2016
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by Dcomrade(m): 7:45pm On May 03, 2016
grin
Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by Dcomrade(m): 7:45pm On May 03, 2016
undecided
Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by Dcomrade(m): 7:46pm On May 03, 2016
undecided lipsrsealed
Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by oduastates: 7:47pm On May 03, 2016
Beyond the realms of comprehension of folks.
True but Nigeria has to get the basics right before you can start talking about and counting peripheral job creation.

For example
Last night,when Liecester won the EPL,jobs were created in liecester city because of the extra shifts and temporary workers needed for the celebrations.
Bars,clubs restaurants,sovenieurs etc
All those stocks of beer,wine and soda that were depleted quicker than normal have to be replaced. That equals more production run.
The problems in Nigeria is that Nigeria makes nothing. Where she does, the value chain is not deep.
Therefore, the benefits are reap elsewhere.
It is like talking about space travel. Learn to drive on the road first.
Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by moshmusth(m): 8:13pm On May 03, 2016
I think Apc job suit liar mohammed better than the FG job.. hey thought running FG is the same as running LAgos, ibadan, osun n so .. una never c anything.
Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by ayox2003: 8:54pm On May 03, 2016
Figuratively, he means our cultural heritage, if well packaged, can create thousands of jobs for states that can look inward and see the opportunity that lies therein.

Frawzey
Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by Ratello: 9:07pm On May 03, 2016
I don die finish grin cheesy this is what happens when you have desperados masquerading as commandos in power. It is too certain that if Buhari will excel the likes of Lying Mohammed, Fashola, Amaechi, Danbazzau, Audu Ogbeh, and other clowns in his cabinet will only sink him deeper into the Abyss of nothingness.
Re: LAI MUHAMMED: Dressing Masquerades Can Create A Thousand Jobs Per Week by ayox2003: 9:09pm On May 03, 2016
oduastates:
Beyond the realms of comprehension of folks.
True but Nigeria has to get the basics right before you can start talking about and counting peripheral job creation.

For example
Last night,when Liecester won the EPobs were created in liecester city because of the extra shifts and temporary workers needed for the celebrations.
Bars,clubs restaurants,sovenieurs etc
All those stocks of beer,wine and soda that were depleted quicker than normal have to be replaced. That equals more production run.

The problems in Nigeria is that Nigeria makes nothing.

Where she does, the value chain is not deep.
Therefore, the benefits are reap elsewhere.
It is like talking about space travel. Learn to drive on the road first.

Absolutely disagree.

When it comes to art and culture, everything that's needed is made in Nigeria - from the brooms to the attires.

Question we should ask: is there a chance we are overlooking this vast opportunity that can in turn be a source of revenue and job creation?

Frawzey.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Didn't Trust Jonathan...(subsidy) / ND Avengers Respond To Appeal Court Ruling On Kanu, See What They Blew Up / My Letter To Niger Delta Avengers And Their Supporters By

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.