Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? (20741 Views)

Why Old Release Phones Are Better Than The New Ones / Only For The Smart Ones / ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 04, 2016
Pls tell me how i can apply it
Charlescobi:
I only use Google Chrome to spy on my girlfriend, i mean with chrome i can check her whatsapp chat on my phone.
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 04, 2016
In decreasing order of priority

1. Chess.com
2. Stockfish chess
3. Whatsapp
4. Twitter
5. Dictionary(Wordweb)
6. Bible(by Tecarta)
7. Firstbank app

No more app.
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 04, 2016
sample042:
Please, is it possible to play same game with my kid Bro at same time(simultaneously) using 2 different android phones?

If yes, how do I go about it?
Yea.
There are lots of multiplayer games on playstore.
You need just Bluetooth or wifi.
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by kombats: 12:56pm On May 04, 2016
1) Super Su 2) Kodi 3) Es File Explorer 4) Xpose Installer 5) Ucweb 6) Simple Server
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by sample042(m): 12:59pm On May 04, 2016
MrProducer:

Yea.
There are lots of multiplayer games on playstore.
You need just Bluetooth or wifi.

Fanks buddy, really appreciate! This has been a thorn to ma flesh. Just hlp me with a typical example. Preferably boxing.
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by yemoxyl(m): 1:00pm On May 04, 2016
For browsing i use uc browser
And for keyboard i use my photokeyboard
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by fippycbk(m): 1:00pm On May 04, 2016
Diamond Bank app grin

1 Like

Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by DrChukzy(m): 1:00pm On May 04, 2016
Charlescobi:
I only use Google Chrome to spy on my girlfriend, i mean with chrome i can check her whatsapp chat on my phone.
Bro please teach me. Am in need of it thanks.
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by poweredcom(m): 1:00pm On May 04, 2016
Brazzer x videoz must be my first two
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Ijaya123: 1:01pm On May 04, 2016
The only app I have on that list is whatsapp.

So your list is very dispensable.
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by sample042(m): 1:01pm On May 04, 2016
Oma307:
Pls tell me how i can apply it
Bruh, hw do you do that?
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by kasysleek(m): 1:04pm On May 04, 2016
Nice List.
Especially no 1.
Haven't heard of No 5 before tho.

You should totally check this out.

www.kasysleek..co.ke/2016/03/here-are-top-android-apps-that-consumes-your-battery-but-cant-do-without.html
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by raayah(f): 1:05pm On May 04, 2016
1. Onedrive: All your documents are accessible and handy on your phone. This app has saved me a lot of times

2. Whatsapp: So I can talk all day with my mom

3. Gmail app: I need constant access to my email at all times. It's probably the most important app on my phone.

4. Reddit is fun : I like reddit, it's a great source of information and news.
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by femi4: 1:05pm On May 04, 2016
nze4al:
[s]With over 1.5 million apps in the Play Store I bet you’ll never download all, but there are just six apps you could live with. So if you limited yourself to only six apps, which would you choose? Here are the only six apps that matter to my Android experience and I recommend too.

1. For communication: WhatsApp

WhatsApp is one of the most popular apps available on Android and for a good reason. This app is where we communicate. Communication is an essential function of the smartphone.

WhatsApp takes care of all of my communication needs and that’s why I chose it as my one of the only apps I need. I can make calls, send text messages, share photos or even documents. All of this on the platform that nearly all of my friends and family have.

2. For browsing the internet: Google Chrome for Android
With my Google Chrome browsers I can do most of the functions apps do. With a browser I can watch YouTube videos, check my email, post pictures to Facebook, search for anything, navigate and many more. Google Chrome does all these things well, which is why it is essential to my Android experience. Of course, I normally use apps for many of these functions but if I only have five apps I would use my browser for them.

So why did I choose Google Chrome instead of a different browser? Chrome is one of the easiest browsers to use and does all of your the essential functions without a stutter. It has a built-in flash player and PDF reader as well as data saving features.

3. For keeping your phone secure: AVG

Without security, all of these the essential functions I need my smartphone for go out the window. If my phone is hacked I lose everything and my phone is completely useless. And though other apps on this list have security features built-in – like encryption on WhatsApp and security on Chrome for Android – the system itself needs to be protected.

AVG is the most popular security app for a good reason. All of the functions for keeping your phone secure are free and easy-to-use. Scanning and securing your device is quick and your smartphone is kept safe at all times. It just takes an update every once in a while.

4. For typing: SwiftKey Keyboard
Google’s stock Android keyboard has gotten much better over the years, but I don’t feel at home in a device until I have SwiftKey in place. Why? Simple: SwiftKey has the best layout, design, and functionality for my needs. Its next-word prediction knows me almost too well, and its swipe-to-type capability works wonderfully when I want it.

5. News and updates: FeedlyReader

I read a ton of tech news and rely on Feedly to keep up with the many sites I follow. But while Feedly’s Web interface is suitable enough, the company’s own Android app has always left me wanting more.

A third-party app called FeedlyReader fills that void with style and grace. With a clean and attractive Material Design vibe and an impressive array of features like configurable left and right-swipe actions within the story list and tons of opportunities for customization. FeedlyReader has almost everything I’ve ever wanted in an mobile RSS client.

6. For file management: ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer File Manager provides Android users with a fully-featured file manager that gives them complete control over their device’s file system. The File Manager can manage onboard storage and external storage such as microSD cards or USB flash drives.

The software can also be linked to users’ cloud storage accounts, with support for most major services including Dropbox, Box.net, Sugarsync, Google Drive, OneDrive, and more, seamlessly integrating cloud file management with local file management.

If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? Tell us in the comments.

Source: http://www.techmzy.com.ng/2016/05/01/6-apps-you-cant-live-without[/s]/
Nonsense
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by nwaobitex: 1:05pm On May 04, 2016
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by ehizzybaba(m): 1:07pm On May 04, 2016
Charlescobi:
.....nna....how?
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by FengChui(m): 1:13pm On May 04, 2016
Charlescobi:

How u take dey do am abeg?
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by dovoule(m): 1:16pm On May 04, 2016
TDonald:
Absolute Rubbish
People just take delight in publicizing their defiance. It's tragic..
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Jcob(m): 1:19pm On May 04, 2016
WhatsApp

Google Tools app

Snapchat

Youtube

And most importantly Summary News for Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appoets.summary
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by abogjohn(m): 1:20pm On May 04, 2016
nze4al:
With over 1.5 million apps in the Play Store I bet you’ll never download all, but there are just six apps you could live with. So if you limited yourself to only six apps, which would you choose? Here are the only six apps that matter to my Android experience and I recommend too.

1. For communication: WhatsApp

WhatsApp is one of the most popular apps available on Android and for a good reason. This app is where we communicate. Communication is an essential function of the smartphone.

WhatsApp takes care of all of my communication needs and that’s why I chose it as my one of the only apps I need. I can make calls, send text messages, share photos or even documents. All of this on the platform that nearly all of my friends and family have.

2. For browsing the internet: Google Chrome for Android
With my Google Chrome browsers I can do most of the functions apps do. With a browser I can watch YouTube videos, check my email, post pictures to Facebook, search for anything, navigate and many more. Google Chrome does all these things well, which is why it is essential to my Android experience. Of course, I normally use apps for many of these functions but if I only have five apps I would use my browser for them.

So why did I choose Google Chrome instead of a different browser? Chrome is one of the easiest browsers to use and does all of your the essential functions without a stutter. It has a built-in flash player and PDF reader as well as data saving features.

3. For keeping your phone secure: AVG

Without security, all of these the essential functions I need my smartphone for go out the window. If my phone is hacked I lose everything and my phone is completely useless. And though other apps on this list have security features built-in – like encryption on WhatsApp and security on Chrome for Android – the system itself needs to be protected.

AVG is the most popular security app for a good reason. All of the functions for keeping your phone secure are free and easy-to-use. Scanning and securing your device is quick and your smartphone is kept safe at all times. It just takes an update every once in a while.

4. For typing: SwiftKey Keyboard
Google’s stock Android keyboard has gotten much better over the years, but I don’t feel at home in a device until I have SwiftKey in place. Why? Simple: SwiftKey has the best layout, design, and functionality for my needs. Its next-word prediction knows me almost too well, and its swipe-to-type capability works wonderfully when I want it.

5. News and updates: FeedlyReader

I read a ton of tech news and rely on Feedly to keep up with the many sites I follow. But while Feedly’s Web interface is suitable enough, the company’s own Android app has always left me wanting more.

A third-party app called FeedlyReader fills that void with style and grace. With a clean and attractive Material Design vibe and an impressive array of features like configurable left and right-swipe actions within the story list and tons of opportunities for customization. FeedlyReader has almost everything I’ve ever wanted in an mobile RSS client.

6. For file management: ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer File Manager provides Android users with a fully-featured file manager that gives them complete control over their device’s file system. The File Manager can manage onboard storage and external storage such as microSD cards or USB flash drives.

The software can also be linked to users’ cloud storage accounts, with support for most major services including Dropbox, Box.net, Sugarsync, Google Drive, OneDrive, and more, seamlessly integrating cloud file management with local file management.

If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? Tell us in the comments.

Source: http://www.techmzy.com.ng/2016/05/01/6-apps-you-cant-live-without/
mtcheew

Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Kingmanny88(m): 1:21pm On May 04, 2016
Charlescobi:
Hello bro. Can you kindly teach me how to go about this?
Will really appreciate.
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by imakemoney: 1:23pm On May 04, 2016
Charlescobi:

tell me more
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 04, 2016
Charlescobi:

How
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Immorttal: 1:30pm On May 04, 2016
J-bak taskman
Uc Browser
Mobdro
Calls Blacklist
Vault
Online Dictionary
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by banmee(m): 1:32pm On May 04, 2016
For mail: Yahoomail

For games: Pool Break Pro/Clash Royale

For directions: Google Maps

For shopping: Amazon

For studying: Iflashcards

For Security: Lookout
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by afelouz(m): 1:36pm On May 04, 2016
This is bias! All this app works on adroid except whatsapp.
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by kaka74: 1:43pm On May 04, 2016
Charlescobi:

How d heck do u do dat?
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by faruku104(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2016
Instagram, BBM, WhatsApp, Snapchat and the best of all, welcome to Olamz blog app on android
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 04, 2016
FengChui:

How u take dey do am abeg?

very easy

Launch web.WhatsApp.com on the Google Chrome browser or Mozilla Firefox browser
On the phone with the whatsapp messages you want to be monitoring, tap on Whatsapp Web
Scan the QR code by placing the phone right in front of the QR code on the computer screen situated on the web.whatsapp.com homepage
The code will automatically be scanned and mirrored to the web page thereby displaying all active chat messages on the phone to the PC.

Now, you can read all the WhatsApp messages that are present on that phone and can also reply them on the PC.

More so, as long as there is an active connection on the phone and even if the person travels, as long as the phone wasn’t changed nor the WhatsApp changed, you can continue reading the messages right from your computer.

see www.limitedsite.com for more

3 Likes

Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by bhybhar(m): 1:56pm On May 04, 2016
5 games + whatsapp =6 cheesy
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 04, 2016
Where's is Playerpro, X-plore, "English" dictionary?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Telecom Operators Demand 100% Increase In Call, Data Tariffs / New Tecno 7C (droidpad 7) With Android 5.0 Lollipop Specs & Price / Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.