Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? (20750 Views)

Why Old Release Phones Are Better Than The New Ones / Only For The Smart Ones / ‘phone Of The Wind’ Used To Talk With DEAD Loved Ones In Japan (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Themandator: 4:32pm On May 04, 2016
EMMANTOP1:
For communication - Whatsapp
Surfing, download and sometimes streaming-Carbon or uc browser
Keyboard with good typing features-SwiftKey keyboard
Check on English/Grammar - English Dictionary
Reading books or writing Documents -Adobe reader or WPS office
Play video of any format-MX player

I have used wps for Al long time then Microsoft Word surfaced on playstore... I tell you this :there is nothing close to it
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Themandator: 4:46pm On May 04, 2016
Themaingate:

very easy

Launch web.WhatsApp.com on the Google Chrome browser or Mozilla Firefox browser
On the phone with the whatsapp messages you want to be monitoring, tap on Whatsapp Web
Scan the QR code by placing the phone right in front of the QR code on the computer screen situated on the web.whatsapp.com homepage
The code will automatically be scanned and mirrored to the web page thereby displaying all active chat messages on the phone to the PC.

Now, you can read all the WhatsApp messages that are present on that phone and can also reply them on the PC.

More so, as long as there is an active connection on the phone and even if the person travels, as long as the phone wasn’t changed nor the WhatsApp changed, you can continue reading the messages right from your computer.

see www.limitedsite.com for more

You changed it to PC. Initially, you said phone
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by efembaba(m): 4:55pm On May 04, 2016
D only app I like is my torch light. It always comes in handy when NEPA does their thing. Other apps are not indispensable

1 Like

Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by yemkoguru(m): 5:13pm On May 04, 2016
Whatsapp my number 1, tubemate, 7zipper, ppsspp my galaxy s6 cruz am bad, bbm, oh my ucbrowser!
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by newlyhere(m): 5:33pm On May 04, 2016
freedata:
guy etisalat 0.00k is working with another new settings and the mtnbis is back the one of 70 naira for 5GB is back with different settings and airtel 0.00 naira is now working and powering all apps with psiphon and simple server one of the admin on free data group shared them 3 days ago and all the group members are now downloading unlimited without money I posted screenshots but it was removed if you have telegram add this number +234802 134 8245

Or download telegram from Google play store register your number and click on this link to Join and see for your self its even free if like dey there

https:///joinchat/
why not open a thread ?
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by lovemko(m): 5:33pm On May 04, 2016
Themandator:

You changed it to PC. Initially, you said phone

It's all the same thing, on the phone or on pc and you who wants to know how u could detect being spied on? Sorry you can't detect.

But why would any body want to spy on sum1?
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by NorthernParrot: 5:37pm On May 04, 2016
Charlescobi:
I only use Google Chrome to spy on my girlfriend, i mean with chrome i can check her whatsapp chat on my phone.
Bro how
help me do am, am suspecting ma bae
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 04, 2016
Charlescobi:
I only use Google Chrome to spy on my girlfriend, i mean with chrome i can check her whatsapp chat on my phone.

How?. I wanna learn something new.
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Abdul240(m): 6:13pm On May 04, 2016
Whatsapp facebook bbm instagram mobofree eskimi
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Loonyy(m): 6:17pm On May 04, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Why don't say app you can't do without instead of generalizing it?
so u had to repost d whole crap just to make ur point!!! Naija I hail thee SmH
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by chillybrandy(f): 6:19pm On May 04, 2016
Really? Hw dies it work?
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by temitope06(m): 6:59pm On May 04, 2016
Pathetic Android, always have to download everything. Browser, keyboard, Anti Virus, Music player, News App, everything.
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by VicHeavens10(m): 7:10pm On May 04, 2016
SwiftKey keyboard is simply good
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by pressplay411(m): 7:16pm On May 04, 2016
nmreports:
Great question.

In this order:

1) WhatsApp.
2) Skype.
3) Glassdoor.
4) LinkedIn.
5) Youtube.
6) GTBank App.

Lol @GTB app. U sabi jare. The Op is a learner
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 04, 2016
Facebook Pays 10year-old N2m For Hacking Instagram http://digitallclique..com.ng/2016/05/facebook-pays-10year-old-n2m-for.html
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by nmreports: 8:31pm On May 04, 2016
pressplay411:

Lol @GTB app. U sabi jare. The Op is a learner

Ah that GTB App dey make my life easier.
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by christopher123(m): 8:34pm On May 04, 2016
nze4al:
With over 1.5 million apps in the Play Store I bet you’ll never download all, but there are just six apps you could live with. So if you limited yourself to only six apps, which would you choose? Here are the only six apps that matter to my Android experience and I recommend too.

1. For communication: WhatsApp

WhatsApp is one of the most popular apps available on Android and for a good reason. This app is where we communicate. Communication is an essential function of the smartphone.

WhatsApp takes care of all of my communication needs and that’s why I chose it as my one of the only apps I need. I can make calls, send text messages, share photos or even documents. All of this on the platform that nearly all of my friends and family have.

2. For browsing the internet: Google Chrome for Android
With my Google Chrome browsers I can do most of the functions apps do. With a browser I can watch YouTube videos, check my email, post pictures to Facebook, search for anything, navigate and many more. Google Chrome does all these things well, which is why it is essential to my Android experience. Of course, I normally use apps for many of these functions but if I only have five apps I would use my browser for them.

So why did I choose Google Chrome instead of a different browser? Chrome is one of the easiest browsers to use and does all of your the essential functions without a stutter. It has a built-in flash player and PDF reader as well as data saving features.

3. For keeping your phone secure: AVG

Without security, all of these the essential functions I need my smartphone for go out the window. If my phone is hacked I lose everything and my phone is completely useless. And though other apps on this list have security features built-in – like encryption on WhatsApp and security on Chrome for Android – the system itself needs to be protected.

AVG is the most popular security app for a good reason. All of the functions for keeping your phone secure are free and easy-to-use. Scanning and securing your device is quick and your smartphone is kept safe at all times. It just takes an update every once in a while.

4. For typing: SwiftKey Keyboard
Google’s stock Android keyboard has gotten much better over the years, but I don’t feel at home in a device until I have SwiftKey in place. Why? Simple: SwiftKey has the best layout, design, and functionality for my needs. Its next-word prediction knows me almost too well, and its swipe-to-type capability works wonderfully when I want it.

5. News and updates: FeedlyReader

I read a ton of tech news and rely on Feedly to keep up with the many sites I follow. But while Feedly’s Web interface is suitable enough, the company’s own Android app has always left me wanting more.

A third-party app called FeedlyReader fills that void with style and grace. With a clean and attractive Material Design vibe and an impressive array of features like configurable left and right-swipe actions within the story list and tons of opportunities for customization. FeedlyReader has almost everything I’ve ever wanted in an mobile RSS client.

6. For file management: ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer File Manager provides Android users with a fully-featured file manager that gives them complete control over their device’s file system. The File Manager can manage onboard storage and external storage such as microSD cards or USB flash drives.

The software can also be linked to users’ cloud storage accounts, with support for most major services including Dropbox, Box.net, Sugarsync, Google Drive, OneDrive, and more, seamlessly integrating cloud file management with local file management.

If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? Tell us in the comments.

Source: http://www.techmzy.com.ng/2016/05/01/6-apps-you-cant-live-without/
funny enough I don't have these apps apart from WhatsApp

I can't miss my google handwriting and Microsoft Word
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by RichYoungNigger(m): 8:45pm On May 04, 2016
temitope06:
Pathetic Android, always have to download everything. Browser, keyboard, Anti Virus, Music player, News App, everything.

Pathetic Apple phones.
Always have to buy everything
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by georgieporgie(m): 9:57pm On May 04, 2016
Quickteller
Linkedin
Whatsapp
Dropbox
UCbrowser
Flash keyboard
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by JacksonD7: 9:58pm On May 04, 2016
I can live without whatsapp it's the worst social media app to me. But good browsers are indispensable.
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by itzsniper(m): 10:18pm On May 04, 2016
Charlescobi:
pls tel m how u can do dat
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Cavemannn(m): 10:25pm On May 04, 2016
Charlescobi:

Teach me master....but then y wud u spy on ur gf? Heart attack is real bro don't joke with it
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Xhaka(m): 10:36pm On May 04, 2016
[quote author=addikt post=45309277][/quote]
You get to update yourself with latest music
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Themandator: 11:12pm On May 04, 2016
lovemko:

It's all the same thing, on the phone or on pc and you who wants to know how u could detect being spied on? Sorry you can't detect.

But why would any body want to spy on sum1?

I'm not trying to spy on anyone. Was just curious
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by delors(m): 11:31pm On May 04, 2016
Nonsense list...was expecting better
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by Nobody: 12:12am On May 05, 2016
Follow this steps, for does that want to spy,
WhatsApp spy 101

Launch web.WhatsApp.com on the Google Chrome browser on your phone, make sure you tick request desktop site on your chrome browser.

Then go to whatsapp messager on the phone you want to monitor, tap on Whatsapp Web, Scan the QR code by placing the phone you want to monitor right in front of the QR code on your Google Chrome.The code will automatically be scanned and mirrored to your phone google chrome thereby displaying all active chat messages on the phone to your own phone .

Now, you can read all the WhatsApp messages that are present on that phone and you can also reply them..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by afeezzezo: 12:39am On May 05, 2016
Charlescobi:

Bro Abeg I Go Like Learn Am
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by MyLady11(m): 8:04am On May 05, 2016
addikt:

You Don start be that ....

Hmmmm, work work work work work....In Rihanna's voice
What type of work o?
Re: If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? by ify84(m): 8:21am On May 05, 2016
nze4al:
With over 1.5 million apps in the Play Store I bet you’ll never download all, but there are just six apps you could live with. So if you limited yourself to only six apps, which would you choose? Here are the only six apps that matter to my Android experience and I recommend too.

1. For communication: WhatsApp

WhatsApp is one of the most popular apps available on Android and for a good reason. This app is where we communicate. Communication is an essential function of the smartphone.

WhatsApp takes care of all of my communication needs and that’s why I chose it as my one of the only apps I need. I can make calls, send text messages, share photos or even documents. All of this on the platform that nearly all of my friends and family have.

2. For browsing the internet: Google Chrome for Android
With my Google Chrome browsers I can do most of the functions apps do. With a browser I can watch YouTube videos, check my email, post pictures to Facebook, search for anything, navigate and many more. Google Chrome does all these things well, which is why it is essential to my Android experience. Of course, I normally use apps for many of these functions but if I only have five apps I would use my browser for them.

So why did I choose Google Chrome instead of a different browser? Chrome is one of the easiest browsers to use and does all of your the essential functions without a stutter. It has a built-in flash player and PDF reader as well as data saving features.

3. For keeping your phone secure: AVG

Without security, all of these the essential functions I need my smartphone for go out the window. If my phone is hacked I lose everything and my phone is completely useless. And though other apps on this list have security features built-in – like encryption on WhatsApp and security on Chrome for Android – the system itself needs to be protected.

AVG is the most popular security app for a good reason. All of the functions for keeping your phone secure are free and easy-to-use. Scanning and securing your device is quick and your smartphone is kept safe at all times. It just takes an update every once in a while.

4. For typing: SwiftKey Keyboard
Google’s stock Android keyboard has gotten much better over the years, but I don’t feel at home in a device until I have SwiftKey in place. Why? Simple: SwiftKey has the best layout, design, and functionality for my needs. Its next-word prediction knows me almost too well, and its swipe-to-type capability works wonderfully when I want it.

5. News and updates: FeedlyReader

I read a ton of tech news and rely on Feedly to keep up with the many sites I follow. But while Feedly’s Web interface is suitable enough, the company’s own Android app has always left me wanting more.

A third-party app called FeedlyReader fills that void with style and grace. With a clean and attractive Material Design vibe and an impressive array of features like configurable left and right-swipe actions within the story list and tons of opportunities for customization. FeedlyReader has almost everything I’ve ever wanted in an mobile RSS client.

6. For file management: ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer File Manager provides Android users with a fully-featured file manager that gives them complete control over their device’s file system. The File Manager can manage onboard storage and external storage such as microSD cards or USB flash drives.

The software can also be linked to users’ cloud storage accounts, with support for most major services including Dropbox, Box.net, Sugarsync, Google Drive, OneDrive, and more, seamlessly integrating cloud file management with local file management.

If you could only have six apps, which ones would they be? Tell us in the comments.

Source: http://www.techmzy.com.ng/2016/05/01/6-apps-you-cant-live-without/

Can you mention someone on Facebook while using Google Chrome?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

New Tecno 7C (droidpad 7) With Android 5.0 Lollipop Specs & Price / Huawei In Negotiation With Aptoide Over Google Play Store Replacement / Tecno Launches 18karat Gold Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.