Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling (43666 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by grinace(m): 6:23pm On May 05, 2016
How will someone be so stupid to use all his school fees to bet I don't think it was sports bet maybe it was in a game centre or something else not sports bet...
The only thing I know I did while in secondary school even before I knew what punting was, was that I used like a lil percentage of my school fees to buy one Sony Ericsson w800i,i didn't use all cos I knew the consequence then u now took all ur school fees to bet, Chai what an idiot....
I know most people know only little about sports bet do u know there's a kind of bet system where u make a bet and even if 1 or 2 of the teams u chose loses, u still get to win more than the amount staked, most of u don't know and u come ranting nonsense saying betting is this is that, woss!!! .... I rest my Case.
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by litetias(m): 6:28pm On May 05, 2016
metrosexual:
I wouldn't talk about "gambling" because I don't know much about that. I will talk about sports betting, some call it gambling but I don't agree. Throwing a coin to show a random number is more of gambling than watching Atletico Madrid FC for years and predicting they would rarely lose a match at home.

Everything needs moderation and expertise, most folks lose at Sport betting because they take it to luck or chance.

Most sport bet punters day dream and hope they would become millionaires overnight. That happens sometimes but out of 10 million sport bet punters in a week, only like 1 percent experience such luck.

Take betting as a business and analyse it detailedly with statistics and detailed information and you would rarely lose.

Take for instance, a co-worker at the start of the season put in N15,000 in betting on teams to win the English Premier League. All the small clubs had huge odds of up to 5000 odds. He staked 100 each for the small clubs with huge odds. And for the bigger teams he staked higher amounts which all resulted to N15,000 in total.

Come May 2th 2016, Leicester City FC won the league, Leicester City FC had 5000 odds to win the league, the dude won N500,000 from the N100 stake he placed on all small teams with huge odds.

I know of someone who from the start of the season plays every West Ham Utd game to play over 1.5 goals(meaning - there would be at least 2 goals in every West Ham Utd matches). West Ham Utd this season have played over 1.5 goals in 85% of their games meaning he has gained a lot. He stakes N20,000 per game and makes a profit of between N6,500 to N8,500 per game. At the end of the season the money what he gains is usually in the range of N120,000 to N150,00 taking out the few 5-7 times he lose a bet. Mind you, he makes his bets online and doesn't withdraw his initial deposit or wins till the end of the season. At the end of the season he then invests the money into anything of his choice. I can't exhaust the plenty betting strategies which intelligent punters I know employ and ALWAYS WIN, these friends I'm talking about are not unemployed, they are University graduates with good white collar jobs but they see the good investment and payout in sports betting and the key to winning is betting based on valid statistics, the least risks and least games as possible.

Betting houses sponsor football leagues the world over because they expect games to be fair and not fixed or else punters will milk them dry. Why do you think any club caught "selling" or fixing matches is severely punished? Remember what happened to Juventus FC years back? What do you think made football this popular in the world today? Sports betting of course!

Go to foreign countries and see rich men winning big in sports betting, but here in Nigeria its just kids believing in luck and chance and the betting houses keep milking them dry.

I'm tired of typing, make your intelligent deductions based on your opinion.

Ciao!

Nailed it!

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by kinglekan: 6:46pm On May 05, 2016
Rolings:

[s]
Your type only resort to running away instead of engaging your brains to function as it's supposed to . So because a minister says jobs can be created from dressing masquerades you small brain could only think of making political gains for a thieving party from it. Kid sit down when your elders are talking , don't think because you get free MB and a platform like nairaland you can display your idiocy without being cautioned.
Uncultured kid [/s]

Hahahahahha!! cheesy cheesy

Fatai rolling dollar abi whatever you call your shitty self. Firstoff my initial post was complete sarcasm but apparently you couldn't figure it out because your grey matter has been completely replaced by _semen.

You must be a fvcking _retarded _cretin to think my comment had anything whatsoever to do with a party. You are just one cheap silly political bigot who thinks anyone gives a fvck about your moronic opinions.

Elder Fatai what exactly did you study in school? I bet you have a degree in talking shii and fvckery.

Oponu Oshiii!!! Uncultured Baboon!! Eranko lasan lasan!! cheesy grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Mimienudles(f): 7:21pm On May 05, 2016
spanzed:
lol....tell him to go and wash his head in river Nile....stopped punting like 2yrs back when I could boast of a reasonable win I knew betting was not my thing....BTW long time where have u been to?
wow! you noticed my absence, oh thanks, I missed you
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Igbospower(m): 8:39pm On May 05, 2016
abeg can I ask this question? forex trading and this sports betting of a thing, whats the diff. so if all of the above involves analysis... Hw den can the Op say those tins. if u ask me, there's nothing wrong if sm1 likes a particular stuff I tries to use it in making money... am only trying to make sense. #myopinion
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by spanzed(m): 8:47pm On May 05, 2016
Mimienudles:
wow! you noticed my absence, oh thanks, I missed you
you wellcome dear...so how was ur sabbatical leavesmiley
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Igbospower(m): 8:53pm On May 05, 2016
metrosexual:
I wouldn't talk about "gambling" because I don't know much about that. I will talk about sports betting, some call it gambling but I don't agree. Throwing a coin to show a random number is more of gambling than watching Atletico Madrid FC for years and predicting they would rarely lose a match at home.

Everything needs moderation and expertise, most folks lose at Sport betting because they take it to luck or chance.

Most sport bet punters day dream and hope they would become millionaires overnight. That happens sometimes but out of 10 million sport bet punters in a week, only like 1 percent experience such luck.

Take betting as a business and analyse it detailedly with statistics and detailed information and you would rarely lose.

Take for instance, a co-worker at the start of the season put in N15,000 in betting on teams to win the English Premier League. All the small clubs had huge odds of up to 5000 odds. He staked 100 each for the small clubs with huge odds. And for the bigger teams he staked higher amounts which all resulted to N15,000 in total.

Come May 2th 2016, Leicester City FC won the league, Leicester City FC had 5000 odds to win the league, the dude won N500,000 from the N100 stake he placed on all small teams with huge odds.

I know of someone who from the start of the season plays every West Ham Utd game to play over 1.5 goals(meaning - there would be at least 2 goals in every West Ham Utd matches). West Ham Utd this season have played over 1.5 goals in 85% of their games meaning he has gained a lot. He stakes N20,000 per game and makes a profit of between N6,500 to N8,500 per game. At the end of the season the money what he gains is usually in the range of N120,000 to N150,00 taking out the few 5-7 times he lose a bet. Mind you, he makes his bets online and doesn't withdraw his initial deposit or wins till the end of the season. At the end of the season he then invests the money into anything of his choice. I can't exhaust the plenty betting strategies which intelligent punters I know employ and ALWAYS WIN, these friends I'm talking about are not unemployed, they are University graduates with good white collar jobs but they see the good investment and payout in sports betting and the key to winning is betting based on valid statistics, the least risks and least games as possible.

Betting houses sponsor football leagues the world over because they expect games to be fair and not fixed or else punters will milk them dry. Why do you think any club caught "selling" or fixing matches is severely punished? Remember what happened to Juventus FC years back? What do you think made football this popular in the world today? Sports betting of course!

Go to foreign countries and see rich men winning big in sports betting, but here in Nigeria its just kids believing in luck and chance and the betting houses keep milking them dry.

Ciao!
bro there's nothing else to say
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Rolings: 10:01pm On May 05, 2016
kinglekan:

Hahahahahha!! cheesy cheesy

Fatai rolling dollar abi whatever you call your shitty self. Firstoff my initial post was complete sarcasm but apparently you couldn't figure it out because your grey matter has been completely replaced by _semen.

You must be a fvcking _retarded _cretin to think my comment had anything whatsoever to do with a party. You are just one cheap silly political bigot who thinks anyone gives a fvck about your moronic opinions.

Elder Fatai what exactly did you study in school? I bet you have a degree in talking shii and fvckery.

Oponu Oshiii!!! Uncultured Baboon!! Eranko lasan lasan!! cheesy grin grin grin

No wonder you have remained jobless . Who would employ a trash like you , you are one of the unemployable graduates your hero couldn't provide jobs for and here you are looking down on masquerade dressers . Of course nobody will employ an uncultured kid like you even as a masquerade dresser .
Go home and ask your slutty mother who sired your miserable ass as its clear your frustration should be directed at the irresponsible fool and not Buhari. Better stop hating ,accept the defeat of your hero or else you are on your way to Yaba left.
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Mimienudles(f): 10:35pm On May 05, 2016
spanzed:
you wellcome dear...so how was ur sabbatical leavesmiley
lol, how are you doing?
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by spanzed(m): 10:49pm On May 05, 2016
[quote author=Mimienudles post=45350835] lol, how are you doing? [/quotei'm good....hope u are ok?
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by kinglekan: 10:50pm On May 05, 2016
Rolings:

No wonder you have remained jobless . Who would employ a trash like you , you are one of the unemployable graduates your hero couldn't provide jobs for and here you are looking down on masquerade dressers . Of course nobody will employ an uncultured kid like you even as a masquerade dresser .
Go home and ask your slutty mother who sired your miserable ass as its clear your frustration should be directed at the irresponsible fool and not Buhari. Better stop hating ,accept the defeat of your hero or else you are on your way to Yaba left.

grin grin grin ... Yes i am jobless. Fvcking ignoramus cheesy cheesy

Uncultured must be your newly found vocab! I can see you are clearly getting excited using it like a local fowl on heat. cheesy

If you really think i give a shii about all the poo you typed then you would have to increase your I.Q to be qualified as dumb! grin

Throwing disses at my mum who is enjoying life to the fullest. Dude you dull oooo. Now tell me who is frustrated? grin

You better stop quoting me upandan like a loosed lunatic trying to _wank his deek with a broken bottle.

Yours Sincerely,

Kinglekan_

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Mimienudles(f): 10:57pm On May 05, 2016
[quote author=spanzed post=45351207][/quote] yes, almost perfect!
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by SUGARSON(m): 11:15pm On May 05, 2016
metrosexual:

Ciao!

I LOVE YOUR ANALYSIS BRO.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by ridwintin89(m): 11:16pm On May 05, 2016
like dis op is talking my matter just 100% on point.
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by spanzed(m): 11:26pm On May 05, 2016
Mimienudles:
yes, almost perfect!
Dats great.....i jus hope the op wouldn't get pieced this one we have turned the thread to a personal chat....Do take care,see you on other threads.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by donhils: 11:29pm On May 05, 2016
omanifrank:
its normal on a daily basis
One thing I've realized is that nothing is normal when it comes to betting. But if you're certain about 2 odds daily, let me add u on whatsapp or u add me and be giving me the 2 odds. cool
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by MzPecs(f): 11:31pm On May 05, 2016
kinglekan:

Uncultured must be your newly found vocab! I can see you are clearly getting excited using it like a local fowl on heat. cheesy

If you really think i give a shii about all the poo you typed then you would have to increase your I.Q to be qualified as dumb! grin

Throwing disses at my mum who is enjoying life to the fullest. Dude you dull oooo. Now tell me who is frustrated? grin

You better stop quoting me upandan like a loosed lunatic and trying to _wank his deek with a broken bottle.

Yours Sincerely,

Kinglekan_

Lekan issokay.. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by kinglekan: 12:39am On May 06, 2016
MzPecs:

Lekan issokay.. embarassed

Sweetie pie shocked shocked shocked kiss kiss kiss

Don't mind the Uncultured Orangutan. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Rolings: 6:39am On May 06, 2016
kinglekan:

You better stop quoting me upandan like a loosed lunatic trying to _wank his deek with a broken bottle.

Yours Sincerely,

Kinglekan_

Better ask you slutty mother to get you admitted to yaba left or better still Aro. You think you have the liberty to throw insults . Kids like you need to be disciplined and since you have no parent to do that you shall be disciplined from outside . You can't even construct a single sentence without using the f word ain't you ashamed of yourself? I blame seun for giving nincompoo like you a chance because if not for nairaland that allows you vent anger online you would have been walking naked and picking paper already .
If you quote me again the my assumptions that you really are a bastard is right. Prove me wrong
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by Austeenite(m): 7:53am On May 06, 2016
Well Said!

metrosexual:

Ciao!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by abbey621(m): 8:43pm On May 16, 2016
It's simple, never bet with money you are not willing to lose! An average bettor does not understand the value of fundamental and technical research. They just go by luck and end up losing most of the time. I was a casual fan of sport betting since the year 2008 and now I'm professional. To me sport betting is a side gig because I have a well paying job and several investments to support that income. I have 3 rules which keeps me grounded:

1: Never bet more than 10% of my bankroll within any given day!

2: Never place a bet without using research tools such as: player's performance/injuries, weather, H2H match history and favorable odds!

3: Stay away from parlays unless you know what you are doing and when you parlay never go more than 4 teams!

The 2015/2016 Football season: Profit of 160% from $1000 investment.
The 2015 NFL season: Profit of 320% from a $2000 investment
The 2015/2016 NHL Hockey Season: Profit of 180% from $500 investment.

My total investment was about $3500 which is about 50% of my monthly salary after taxes. So as you can see I'm not risking any money I can't afford to lose! Sport betting is not for the shallow minded and definitely not for the undisciplined!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by hazh(m): 9:37pm On May 16, 2016
Thanks OP.God bless you
Re: Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling by hazh(m): 9:41pm On May 16, 2016
Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Facebook Queen Narrates How She Rejected An Offer But Ended Up Buying It / Angry Mob Invades Shoprite In Lagos / Nicon Hilton Abuja Back In The 80s !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.