Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States (35877 Views)

Buhari Asked Me To Visit Oil Producing States- Osinbajo / Ambode Receiving The Crude Oil Sample From Aje Oil Well In Lagos. PHOTO. / Aje Oil Field Lagos With Pixs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Danfuster(m): 8:53am On May 04, 2016
olajigaolamide:
I do not think we have oil in ekiti

you have rocks in Ekiti, Ekiti can make do with that... Quarry business is very lucrative.

Be careful with those rocks tho, upthrust can be a b!tch

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by buchilino(m): 8:55am On May 04, 2016
seunmsg:

Yes, the dangote refinery will come on stream in 2018. It's a win win for Lagos, in fact, the state will soon start to fly at this rate of economic success. Kudos to the Folawiyo family as well, they've been on this Aje oil field matter for so long. For the records, the FOLAWIYO family is a Yoruba family. We don't want to hear any claim or stories of how some imaginary IPOB build the oil fields in Lagos.

Haters of Lagos, sorry o. The state keeps making progress while you guys keep hating. This should also act as a boost to those exploring for oil in the Chad basin. Crude oil is a natural endowment that is not limited to any region. If we look more, we will discover more.

SO U CAN NEVA SAY SOMETHING WITHOUT BEING TRIBALISTIC. VERY UNFORTUNATE. BUT PERSONAL N THINK I SPEAK D MINDS OF MOST IGBOS. WE DON'T CARE IF LAGOS HAS OIL OR NOT. IN FACT I FEEL SORRY FOR LAGOSIANS COS OIL IS A NOT A BLESSING, BUT A CURSE. N U DAT LIKE CARRYING OTHER PPLES HEADACHES WILL C A PENNY OF D OIL MONEY.
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by mare23ayo(m): 8:56am On May 04, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Lagos grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The Richest state in Nigeria.
With way they are discovering new oil fields in Borno, Chad Basin, Anambra and Imo mehn Niger deltans it's a pity your Governors couldn't develop Southsouth with your 13% oil derivation and Personal income tax.

I just can't imagine how Southsouth states will cope with the oil Glut in Nigeria soon
I like the fact that some of you southerners now know the about the sharing formula (13% derivation), so its not the fault of the FG if the region is not developed. It is pertinent to say that the governors should tasked for speedy development in the south south.

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Nobody: 9:01am On May 04, 2016
datoun:
Dividend of been in the ruling party. The oil has been discovered several years ago but Lagos status as an opposition state has denied her confirmation as an oil producing state severally.
Congratulations Lagosians, hope we won't end up like Bayelsa. So much money, nothing to show for it.

You make so much sense when you say
"The oil has been discovered several years ago but lpLagos status as an opposition state has denied her confirmation as an oil producing state severally"

I doubt if Lagos can end up like Bayelsea. The Lagos model is to use the best people and best processes. States that are inbred and parochial will always have the worst returns

3 Likes

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Ilovemystate: 9:02am On May 04, 2016
Produced from the Aje field will be stored on the Front Puffin, which has production capacity of 40,000 barrels of oil per day and storage capacity of 750,000 barrels, according to the YFP.

quote author=victorvezx post=45295348]
IPob tout, this news too pain u die. if u read the news well, it said Lagos will producing 40,000 barrels of oil per day, and not 5000 that is produced in your anambra state[/quote]

It has capacity of 40,000, they didn't mention amount exploring at the moment, Orient wells has capacity of 55,000 bpd with billion barrels storage capacity of oil, and trillion cfg they are exploring 5000 bpd at the moment.stop lying to yourself to feel good
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by ChukwuIbrahim: 9:05am On May 04, 2016
chai!
niger delta south south produces oyel, calabar ppl produces oyel, ahboki ppl self produces oyel (groundnut & burantashi anointin oyel grin ) now d west has started producin oyel too, WHICH ONE DEM DEM OUR BLODA DEM DEH PLODUCE ACLOSS D NIGER?

3 Likes

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by alexzis(m): 9:12am On May 04, 2016
cool Truly,Lagos is "A CENTER FOR EXCELLENCY", always excelling in everything; job opportunities,music productions,developing of talents and now oil production. A good news for naija in this trying time.

3 Likes

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by permanentgrace(m): 9:12am On May 04, 2016
Can we now bring knife to the table and share (divide) this country since we can all take care of our regions? The major reason for refusal was because oil was primarily explored in the southsouth and now that every state/region has its own oil, can the division be made as soon as possible?
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by durella32: 9:21am On May 04, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
every oil in Nigeria belongs to the Niger Delta- even the one for lake Chad!
sowry ooh...bt u are a fool..evrytin na joke...pls dnt be angry I want to start calling u joke silva
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by ItzChinnex(m): 9:23am On May 04, 2016
Musiwa419:
Bros, where have you been? Ondo State is an Oil producing state. The fifth largest Oil producing state in Nigeria

hehehehe These people from the other side can talk trash eh.. 5th in Nigeria for mouth. well you can hype your profile, it's allowedgrin
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Ghost447(m): 9:24am On May 04, 2016
DropShot:
[s][/s]
Always making senseless posts. A broken record already. cool

The right word to describe your frustration is mourning. It's no longer wailing!
A broken record indeed! "The YFP said after over 25 years of exploratory, appraisal and developmental activities..."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Super1Star: 9:30am On May 04, 2016
freshdude99:

Please is orient petroleum a yeruba family too? The thing with u SW is ur hatred for any good thing from the SE. Its only good if its SW right? Let me educate u more yerubaz, orient petroleum been drilling oyel for Anambra tay tay. Anambra been declared oyel producing state by the last administration but the wickedness and hatred of SW no let Dem instead they connived with kogi to come share am with us. The same people want us to come celebrate with them. Isn't that hypocrisy of the highest order. Yeruba Yeruba Yeruba, how many times did I call u? Be careful with ur greed

You are a liar from the Hades.

The same Oil field that Kogi is laying claims to. No wonder Kogi State people nearly sacked Umuleri.

Obi wantedto smuggle Anambra into NDDC with his good rapport with the Ineffectual Buffon.

Senate did not approve the admittance of Anambra into an oil producing state league because the quantity being produced is very small and it is also being disputed by Kogi.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Ghost447(m): 9:30am On May 04, 2016
alexzis:
cool Truly,Lagos is "A CENTER FOR EXCELLENCY", always excelling in everything; job opportunities,music productions,developing of talents and now oil production. A good news for naija in this trying time.
"CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE"

7 Likes

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by ItzChinnex(m): 9:34am On May 04, 2016
Chiwude:
I tell you! It's good news for Nigeria and bad news for the 'We South/South'. Nobody is gonna hold the country to ransom again, or foolishly scream 'our oyel' 'our oyel'. Haha! How I pray oil is discovered in the chad basin and even in the fringes of Sokoto make everybody begin answer their papa name. Na then some people eye go clear.
Cheers to Lagos and the S/W.

This is to show Nigerians are ingrates. Niger Deltan in the House can you see?.
So are you people(Nigerian) going to pay them all you have drained from them? you people used them and now that their oil is almost finishing and you discover some miserable oil in Lagos you are boasting?. had it been it wasn't their oil what would Nigeria had become? why typing this unbecoming post? it's a pity.
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:50am On May 04, 2016
Dasuks:
Its good that Lagos has added an extra bead to its already long chain of viable sectors. However @SamuelAnyawu it does not really affect other oil producing states esp those in the Delta. The 13% deriv tax is based on the dollar value of your production. Akwa Ibom,Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa produce 92% of the total and as such get a cumulative .13 of that amount( compare with rivers' 340k or AKS' 504k). Lagos will get same of whatever it produces, note that Aje is a field set to plateau at 50k to 80k(tops) a day. Lagos' $ 150 billion economy still and will always be based off the robust services sector that makes it the numero uno city in the west africa region.
Speaking of states like Borno, the issue will be making the oil commercially viable. Chances are its heavy sour and highly acidic( TAN) just like the Doba(same Doba basin) blend next door in Chad.Which would mean low prices, say when light sweet sold for 26, that specific blend sold for about 15-17 dollars. Not to mention the infrastructure needed to channel it to the coast. Linking it thru the ones in cameroon that chad uses would prolly be cheapest OR building new transport infrastructure down to our own coast... But how much per barrel is the transport tax going to be ?? This complicates things for an already poorly priced product that has to be marketed almost solely to north american refineries that already get heavy crude from Alberta ( not to mention shale etc)?? Consider clean-fuel regulations and oil refiners' desirability for more appropriate light sweet and u see why it isn't really all that glittery.
All of this hassle for about 2 billion barrels tops reserves....
Nigeria is a diverse place , let everybody do what they can but we should never avoid specifics.

woooooow thanks so much for reply. I've learnt alot
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Agbanasm: 9:50am On May 04, 2016
where is 13% derivative for my Lagos state now?
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by buoye1(m): 9:51am On May 04, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
every oil in Nigeria belongs to the Niger Delta- even the one for lake Chad!
lol grin grin

Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by highpriest4: 9:53am On May 04, 2016
donbenedict:
Ok.
yeah, u are welcome
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by HopeAtHand: 9:55am On May 04, 2016
zuchyblink:
This is the 10th time i am hearing of this. When would they convert this phantom oil exploration to reality

After reading the whole writeup, i cannot but conclude that Lagos oil exists only in the realm of the spirit. grin grin
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by CSTR2: 10:13am On May 04, 2016
Hopefully, these guys would begin to think towards a Yoruba independent country and stop being a spoil sport for the more legitimate Biafran agenda.
Though I would take this story with a huge dose of salt given the obvious historical wet dreams.
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by CSTR2: 10:15am On May 04, 2016
Agbanasm:
where is 13% derivative for my Lagos state now?
Where is the oil?
We are not talking of coconut oil here.
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by divineappo(m): 10:22am On May 04, 2016
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by 400billionman: 10:22am On May 04, 2016
seunmsg:

Yes, the dangote refinery will come on stream in 2018. It's a win win for Lagos, in fact, the state will soon start to fly at this rate of economic success. Kudos to the Folawiyo family as well, they've been on this Aje oil field matter for so long. For the records, the FOLAWIYO family is a Yoruba family. We don't want to hear any claim or stories of how some imaginary IPOB build the oil fields in Lagos.

Haters of Lagos, sorry o. The state keeps making progress while you guys keep hating. This should also act as a boost to those exploring for oil in the Chad basin. Crude oil is a natural endowment that is not limited to any region. If we look more, we will discover more.

One starts wondering how much has entered your account from all this..

Smh..

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by naso2(m): 10:28am On May 04, 2016
CSTR2:
I have been hearing this since 2010, yet the. NDDC just somehow never recognizes Lagos.
The government of Lagos must be obsessed with phantom oil.
Oil that nobody else can see.

lol.

when reasonable quantity of oil is found. no be people like Ajetumobi abi na folawuyo name we go hear. The giants will be interested.

meanwhile , Dahomey basin be like badagry area, na to go buy land for there be that o.
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by uncleade(m): 10:52am On May 04, 2016
GreatSE:
STALE NEWS........ Even Anambra oil is far bigger than what they believe the well will produce, its far less than what One well in my community produces out of the 35 wells we have in EGI Rivers...... its less than 5,000 barrels per day that is even if its true. grin
A HUNGRY MAN IS AN ANGRY MAN.

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Generalyemi(m): 10:57am On May 04, 2016
victorvezx:

IPob tout, this news too pain u die. if u read the news well, it said Lagos will producing 40,000 barrels of oil per day, and not 5000 that is produced in your anambra state

my brother/sister pls sit down n think ..every oil producing state in nigeria is not doing fine,...kidnapping, pipeline vandalism, oil spillage,,,,. haven't u wonder y states like anambra,kogi n others decides not to tamper there own oyel

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by stirlingteco: 11:05am On May 04, 2016
ope factorial, oya make we go form community boys there too.
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by vicadex07(m): 11:17am On May 04, 2016
Burger01:
[/b] I agree totally. They are still mourning... Wailing mourners cheesy
more like mourning wailers...

1 Like

Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Kennydoc(m): 11:21am On May 04, 2016
after1:

Jesus! The hatred and jealousy is real. Why are you Anambra folks insecure, if you are not fighting Imo, or Ebonyi then you are fighting other tribes. Hatred will only make you have high blood pressure. You are healed in Jesus name.

Read his post very well. He never said he's from Anambra. He's from Rivers State, according to that post. Stop attacking Anambra people unnecessarily. Anambra has been in the news lately for positive things, but it doesn't mean other people are being looked down on by Anambrarians.
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by feedthenation(m): 11:26am On May 04, 2016
It's beggers' belief that we are yet to see any tangible production from this oilfield.

How many times has the news about the Aje Oilfield has been recycled?
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Ahmedhussain3463: 11:28am On May 04, 2016
firstolalekan:
Thank God o
Ondo is involved kiss
Lagos has followed suit cool
Ogun is coming through wink

No more

"Our oyel" tongue
hahahhahahahahahahahhahaha na ur spelling of oil wnt to kill me wit laf oooo hahhahahahahah our oyel
Re: Aje Oil Field Begins Production As Lagos Joins Oil Producing States by Ahmedhussain3463: 11:31am On May 04, 2016
Musiwa419:
Bros, where have you been? Ondo State is an Oil producing state. The fifth largest Oil producing state in Nigeria
oga ondo is nt fifth bt is surely an oil producing state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari@76: See The ThrowBack Advert By Fayose & PDP Wishing Buhari Death In 2015 / Betsy, Ikpeazu's Daughter Inducted As A Medical Doctor (Photos) / Pirat X: The Game Changer For The Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.