Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? (1918 Views)

SEE: Which One Should I Choose? [PICTURES] / CONFUSED! Which Of These Should I Choose? [2 PICTURES] / She Said I Blew Her Brains When I Did This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by kaziblake(f): 9:37am On May 05, 2016
Smh....Beauty over brain,who does that?
Follow your mind don't allow nairalanders confuse you..if it'd Kim or nicky body type you desire they are much out there.

Slim shady still the best
Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by joseph1832(m): 9:58am On May 05, 2016
skarlett:

there's always an exception to the rule cheesy
Of course there is. That's the endless possibility of life. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by Nobody: 10:25am On May 05, 2016
skarlett:
choosing beauty over brains is like choosing Alomo over Vodka, Mr Ibu over Denzel Washington or edible catering over Tiwa Savage grin grin
The truth is most times the content is more important than the container because like everyone else has opined, outward beauty will fade with time and you'd be left with the husk
Hmmm. In your quest to show the shallowness of beauty, you made references to 'beautiful' people who had people with less beauty chosen over them. This may sound controversial, but the worth of something may not be equal to the value placed on it by its beholder. If I give my dog a pearl necklace to play with, it would gladly shit on it for a juicy bone. This does not mean pearls are worthless, it just means my dog couldn't appreciate its worth. OP's fiancee is no doubt a great catch and any man would be lucky to have her, but what sense is there in appreciating something because others find it precious? This is a man who knows physical attraction is vital and he doesn't want to cheat. He can get an intelligent woman he finds attractive, unless curvy intelligent women have gone extinct.
This is why many marriages fail, because people consider values other people appreciate; "don't be foolish he's a nice man, they're rare", "she's from a good family" etc. All those things are important, but above all, make sure you're satisfied with the person physically, emotionally and mentally.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by Nobody: 10:33am On May 05, 2016
quoting me was sorta unnecessary cos you can make your point if you want to make it...to the Op! undecided

DragonReborn:
Hmmm. In your quest to show the shallowness of beauty, you made references to 'beautiful' people who had people with less beauty chosen over them. This may sound controversial, but the worth of something may not be equal to the value placed on it by its beholder. If I give my dog a pearl necklace to play with, it would gladly shit on it for a juicy bone. This does not mean pearls are worthless, it just means my dog couldn't appreciate its worth. OP's fiancee is no doubt a great catch and any man would be lucky to have her, but what sense is there in appreciating something because others find it precious? This is a man who knows physical attraction is vital and he doesn't want to cheat. He can get an intelligent woman he finds attractive, unless curvy intelligent women have gone extinct.
This is why many marriages fail, because people consider values other people appreciate; "don't be foolish he's a nice man, they're rare", "she's from a good family" etc. All those things are important, but above all, make sure you're satisfied with the person physically, emotionally and mentally.
Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by Nobody: 10:40am On May 05, 2016
skarlett:
quoting me was sorta unnecessary cos you can make your point if you want to make it...to the Op! undecided
I merely pointed out an observation and politely disagreed with your opinion. That's what the quote icon is for, isn't it? If you have a phobia for being quoted, then I apologize. Good day
Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by jabojafa(m): 10:42am On May 05, 2016
op you knw what, take the beautiful girl and give me the contact of the brainy girl.
Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by McLeyyin: 11:00am On May 05, 2016
Your last line tho.
Tbh, it's difficult to marry a girl you aren't attracted to at all. Cuz a good behavior may not stop one from cheating bro. Somebody else is gonna be attracted to her just how she is.
But if you like her even by a little, that's all you need.
Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by ehix89(m): 12:16pm On May 05, 2016
Adaezeagu:
What do men really want?
Always looking for complete package when they are not complete
Its not MEN but a personal issue he needs to deal with......the sooner he realises YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL the better for him
Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by Valeros: 7:30pm On May 05, 2016
DragonReborn:
This was exactly what I thought before the question was asked......But after hearing all these. I think I will do my best to sincerely discuss the issue with her in a way that she would not take offense and maybe we start visiting the gym together. I am just very happy that you were very real about the approach. This was a very practical approach, thanks

1 Like

Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 05, 2016
Valeros:

This was exactly what I thought before the question was asked......But after hearing all these. I think I will do my best to sincerely discuss the issue with her in a way that she would not take offense and maybe we start visiting the gym together. I am just very happy that you were very real about the approach. This was a very practical approach, thanks
nd op didn't reply me
Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by firstking01(m): 7:53pm On May 05, 2016
See this one undecided...this is purely misplaced priority...are you marrying the girl or her shapeundecided...

Too Many Nonsense Threads Since Todaesad
Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 05, 2016
Valeros:

Alright bro, I pray it all works out for you guys. Much as I hate to see relationships breakup, I believe its better to end a relationship than a marriage. Pls work out all the kinks in your relationship and make sure you're ready to spend the rest of your life with her before marrying her. Stay blessed
Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by lufemi(m): 9:02pm On May 05, 2016
fd
Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by Valeros: 9:19pm On May 05, 2016
bardella1:
I understand yu OP
Buh did u ask her out..cos if u did,m sure u wuld av known u dnt lik her body shape
Or was it justa frnd tin dat turned to a relationship nd den commitment

Again is she stick thin or wat
bardella1:
nd op didn't reply me
so Sorry,to answer your question, I think the latter fits the scenario, she was a very wonderful friend and sentiments took over we have a great relationship until I was not just finding the sexual attractiveness, she is skinny but her parents are not.
firstking01:
See this one undecided...this is purely misplaced priority...are you marrying the girl or her shapeundecided...
Too Many Nonsense Threads Since Todaesad
You were not compelled to post, I believe their is enough hypocrisy i the word , they will say it doesnt matter and u later catch them cheating, I don't want to ever be in that league of people. I have sincerely learnt today from these people. Have a lovely evening

1 Like

Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by Valeros: 9:22pm On May 05, 2016
lufemi:
fd
??
Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by Chimezie198(m): 10:44pm On May 05, 2016
op.. nothing dey inside big nyansh, i hv tested it.. if ur girl has good character and respects u.. ur gud to go man.
big nyansh and big breast = everyday wahala frm male toasters. she go dey fork for ur front sef
Re: Should I Choose Brains Over Beauty? by slyrone(m): 10:52pm On May 05, 2016
nope op choose yansh over height.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Secondary School Student Now Use Jazzs On Female Corper's / Is This The Right Way For Us To Make Love??? (pics) / What Do You Think About This Viral Maternity Photo, Sexy Or Nah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.