Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? (62279 Views)

10 Early Symptoms Of HIV Every Person Should Be Aware Of To Get Timely Treatment / How To Carry Out HIV/AIDS Test Yourself Without Going To The Hospital Or Lab / Please Advise: I Am A Hiv Patient. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by OneManLegion(m): 10:28am On May 05, 2016
evegran:

Wow! I actually did not expect a response.

If you were sensible, you won't have replied and as twisted as I am- I would have respected you for that.
But no! You're a common Nigerian male- of course you like to blab and display your average IQ for the world to notice. smiley.

I only appreciate sexy guys or intelligent guys in my mentions. You're neither, so GTFOH! smiley

I knew you'd reply and reply you did. Your predictability is impressive but what's more impressive is your propensity for idiocy.

You didn't expect me to reply and would have respected me if I didn't? See end-time talk. Why do you think I give a _fuck about your expectations or respect?

Look at this girl that's flatter than Lil Wayne's skate-board talking about sexiness. It's understandable though; humans generally admire that which they lack.

You don't seem to understand that your humiliation will end only when you stop thinking you can come up with retorts.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by DjValency(m): 10:29am On May 05, 2016
kingthreat:

Most sensible post here
thank you grin
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by Nobody: 10:30am On May 05, 2016
lawanson44:

The poster posted this topic by 6am, you posted that u did test by 7 am...which lab u come go? Ab na spirits do u test? Fear God o undecided

Lol.. I just modified my comment dear.. About leaving the health center now.. Meanwhile any news from the op with regards to the outcome of his proposed test?
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by Dunexxx(m): 10:31am On May 05, 2016
OneManLegion:

I knew you'd reply and reply you did. Your predictability is impressive but what's more impressive is your propensity for idiocy.

You didn't expect me to reply and would have respected me if I didn't? See end-time talk. Why do you think I give a _fuck about your expectations or respect?

Look at this girl that's flatter than Lil Wayne's skate-board talking about sexiness. It's understandable though; humans generally admire that which they lack.

You don't seem to understand that your humiliation will end only when you stop thinking you can come up with retorts.

she s still smarter than u
u r gonna get banned because u cdnt ignore like a man, instead u abused like a small gal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by Nobody: 10:36am On May 05, 2016
Equalizer:

Lol.. I just modified my comment dear.. About leaving the health center now.. Meanwhile any news from the op with regards to the outcome of his proposed test?

Ok....unless so. i don't know o. i bet if he does it and it comes out negative, he will post it and it will appear on FP
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by Barristter07: 10:38am On May 05, 2016
Sunnycliff:
When people learn to keep their health issues private it goes a long way to make relief better than throwing up everything to this public forum
!

note that not everything on a public forum is true, some ideas are generated just to make the front page.

2 Likes

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by efficiencie(m): 10:38am On May 05, 2016
When the plunging and pounding was sweet you didnt remember God and i can guess you even turned the other way when preachers spoke to you to repent...Now that HIV is playing with your mind, you remember God...You better go for the test and face the consequences! "Stolen waters are sweet...but her ways are those that lead to hell"

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by lanicky(f): 10:39am On May 05, 2016
HIV is not the end of life. I will say a prayer for your sha. May Jesus help you

Lanicky for Miss Nairaland 2016

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by Nobody: 10:39am On May 05, 2016
lawanson44:

Ok....unless so. i don't know o. i bet if he does it and it comes out negative, he will post it and it will appear on FP

Oscar Kilo.(OK).

Roger that..
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by OneManLegion(m): 10:41am On May 05, 2016
Dunexxx:

she s still smarter than u
u r gonna get banned because u cdnt ignore like a man, instead u abused like a small gal

The only thing worse than a tactless, mannerless girl who thinks its cool to make fun of a person's unfortunate health plight is the asslicker guy who sucks up to her bullshit under the smoke-screen of being mature.

I take God beg you, na me dem go ban, nor be you.

Learn to mind your business as a man wey you claim say you be.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by mondob2k(m): 10:43am On May 05, 2016
I'm arriving a lil bit late here.... @op jus relax n go for it.... did mine recently. Twas -ve. so relieved. But truth be told o. I didnt knw that the Dr had instructed an HIV test o. I knew i will do it one day but I was not prepared for it. After my complaints to him. he wrote in their normal short hand. And I took d note to the lab. Blood sample was taken. As I await the result... A thought came to me that I should go for hiv test. but i said i wasnt ready. Not knowing that that was wat was bn done.When the lab scientist, gave me the result i opened it b4 going to the Dr office. was really shocked to see 'HIV test-' my relieve was that it was negative.

Since then I av bn dancing shoki... I av had series of risky behaviours in the past. Last bn during Chritmas/New yr celebrations. failed CD etc.

Really grateful to God!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by Slickest(m): 10:45am On May 05, 2016
princetom1:
Morning guys

Has any one here done an HIV/AIDS test recently? How does it feel?

So, here is the deal, i have been feeling all kinds of feeling lately, got treated for malaria, yet it persist, i have catarrh for almost a month now, have high temperature, get tired very easily, constant headache and so on. All wat i can think of is I'm positive, bcoz anything i get treated for, it still persist.

To make matters worst, I have an ex that tested positive for HIV /AIDS recently.

So, i have decided to do the HIV /AIDS screening today. While i read a lot about HIV, I am scared to the bone to do this test, I was up, all night, roll from left to right and right to left, pray to God for it to be negative, even made promises to God for that.

All kinds of things going through my head right now, as i am typing this. Anyone in the house did test recently? How do u cope with ur fears? And how do u cope with someone fear of being positive? Will be updating this post as i go for my HIV screening today

cc: GAZZUZZ, 0rex, semid4lyfe, jeffy1206, Kingreign, dominique, Sissy3, heavenet

No fear baba...

Ur hiv positive

Take ur medication nd try 2 liv long
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by Nobody: 10:54am On May 05, 2016
princetom1:

Incase u care to know, i was at a party and Got drunk. Cant remembered wat happened after that till in some morning. Alcohol bastard. Till today i don't take alcohol whenever i go out with friends except family is around, am not a good drinker.

Dont be deceived by what all these people are saying. You have 99.9% chance of being tested positive cos you slept with a HIV patient. This same thing happened to me but mine is staph. Just go and find your status and start thinking of what you ll do with the rest of your life. What you should be praying for now is a miracle not a possibility.
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by mhunkey: 10:55am On May 05, 2016
princetom1:
Morning guys

So, here is the deal, i have been feeling all kinds of feeling lately, got treated for malaria, yet it persist, i have catarrh for almost a month now, have high temperature, get tired very easily, constant headache and so on. All wat i can think of is I'm positive, bcoz anything i get treated for, it still persist.

To make matters worst, I have an ex that tested positive for HIV /AIDS recently.

So, i have decided to do the HIV /AIDS screening today. While i read a lot about HIV, I am scared to the bone to do this test, I was up, all night, roll from left to right and right to left, pray to God for it to be negative, even made promises to God for that.

All kinds of things going through my head right now, as i am typing this. Anyone in the house did test recently? How do u cope with ur fears? And how do u cope with someone fear of being positive? Will be updating this post as i go for my HIV screening today

cc: GAZZUZZ, 0rex, semid4lyfe, jeffy1206, Kingreign, dominique, Sissy3, heavenet
is there anything growing on your neck or back of your ear or private part ?
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by princetom1(m): 11:01am On May 05, 2016
Thank you all for all the encouragement and advise. I have my reason for creating this tread
Its 11:00am and i can hardly wait till noon for dinner test, i have decided to look for somewhere to eat to do maximum first, as i don't know what can happen after then. Wish me luck guys

2 Likes

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by riskit33: 11:10am On May 05, 2016
princetom1:
Thank you all for all the encouragement and advise. I have my reason for creating this tread
Its 11:00am and i can hardly wait till noon for dinner test, i have decided to look for somewhere to eat to do maximum first, as i don't know what can happen after then. Wish me luck guys

Goodluck
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by Nobody: 11:16am On May 05, 2016
Op. Go and do ur test and tell us the outcome weda Good or Bad. All the Best.
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by Debbie399(f): 11:40am On May 05, 2016
Hiv is no more a death sentence, the earlier you do it the better, there many people living with the disease still they are very healthy living a normal life, it's nothing to fear of dear, go ahead.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by Arsheda(m): 11:44am On May 05, 2016
Go and do the test, it's better late than never. It takes about 3 months for the Virus to manifest so if you are lucky, u can be placed on RV and while on RV your Doctor will advise you on the things you need to do and also I must point out if the result proves negative, dont ever have sex condomless or better still abstain from unprotected sex. But if positive, you can still live with the virus for many years without complications if you follow medical advice. Just do the test rather than live a tormented life unlike others, see what happened to PRINCE, american popstar, if he'd used his meds he'd be alive like Magic Johnson. So bro, You wanna survive or you wanna die trying.
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by princetom1(m): 11:47am On May 05, 2016
Equalizer:

Am am currently at a lab centre, waiting for the test and result and its gonna come out soon as i am told after doing it.
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by Handsomeemmy(m): 11:50am On May 05, 2016
princetom1:
please do Hepatitis test as well, it may not be Hiv but Hepatitis . God bless
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by chickygirl: 11:54am On May 05, 2016
princetom1:

Am am currently at a lab centre, waiting for the test and result and its gonna come out soon as i am told after doing it.
Goodluck bro, I sincerely pray it comes out negative
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by Nobody: 11:55am On May 05, 2016
princetom1:

It will come out negative Bro.. just be strong..
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by princetom1(m): 11:59am On May 05, 2016
Blood sample taken....

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by firstolalekan(m): 12:02pm On May 05, 2016
princetom1:
Morning guys

Ma guy

You maybe +
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by debraleey: 12:08pm On May 05, 2016
And when God says dont fornicate we say no and turn our back on him, when trouble comes we look for Him......God will be merciful in Jesus name.....Amen....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by baggy4luv(m): 12:19pm On May 05, 2016
PART 1
I had same experience like the op.I have been having serious bout with malaria fever. i was treated several times but up to avail.I started going online to read about malaria and HIV symptoms(my mind would skip when i see HIV symptoms that are related to my conditions.I once test +++ for malaria.Next time i visited the family hospital, the doctor suggested i took HIV test.I gave him every symptoms i was having from night sweats,to chills and loss in weight.During the test(those 30-40 minutes i started looking back at my life.Started picturing the faces of chicks i don put for.I even suggested to call them and see if they were healthy too). When the nurse was through with the test(there is this way they give you the result like its your death sentence. Till today i don,t know why she omitted the HIV test.When i was going home the young doctor shook my hands in way i never really decoded until i got home.My mind still wasnt at rest.
PART 2.
I was still having Malaria symptoms. But this time,i don't want to use the family hospital(General Hospital straight). After complaining to somebody,A guy suggested i take HIV TEST. A table was not too far from where i was standing.The tester beckoned on me "come do your test now". I sat down with my heart pounding as if i was being interrogated by the FBI.I started sweating inside.The following conversation ensued
tester:Welcome
me:thank you
tester:bring your thumb(i presented my thumb, my hands started shaking.She punched my thumb with a needle and took some blood samples)
While she was waiting for the result the main question began
1.When last have you had sex
me:like last week
2.If you have HIV who are you going to tell first.
me: My immediate family
tester: wont you tell your fiancee
me:i wasnt myself again.voice mii tin shake.
tester:uncle HIV doesn't kill oh.Its just that some people are unfortunate.I said she has seen a virgin that was HIV +. she was pausing to check the progress of the test as the questions were coming.Nairalanders, i was already gone like dead and still alive.My voice later became shaky.My heart started beating abnormally with perspiration on my forehead.Different thoughts started to fly in my head.
tester:would you start taking our drugs immediately you hear your result, If you start using the drugs it would boost the immune system.Bro come closer and the advice started raining in.
tester: Please can you bring your chair closer.
ME:I tried shifting closer she reordered me to come closer that she has some things to tell me
tester: If you have HIV what are going to do.
Me:That's suicidal oh
Tester: Congratulations, bro you dont have HIV,I was only pulling your legs oh. Guys you need see the way i was joyous.I the gave the testers colleague hi5 self.
HAVING YOUR HIV TEST SETS YOUR MIND FREE.i WONT SWEAT IT OUT IN MY SUBSEQUENT TEST.I ALSO PLEDGED NO CARELESS P***Y AND SKIN DIVING TILL FURTHER NOTICE.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by weselomo(m): 12:27pm On May 05, 2016
Ur way of life is d reason why you are scared, u must have been living a promiscious life, so be scared but u are negative
Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by princetom1(m): 12:33pm On May 05, 2016
And result is out.... Wow, cant believe my eyes.... thank u all for d wishes and encouragement. For those who are still procastinating or thinking twice, JUST DO IT, either way u have nothing to loose but gain. And plssss, lets all stop d stigmatization, u never know how someone got infected. In my own case, even if i had got infected, someone did it to me intentionally while i was drunk (though is still my faulth)

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by calabaman(m): 12:35pm On May 05, 2016
Congrats OP

GO and sin no more

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? by saopauloman(m): 12:40pm On May 05, 2016
congratulations bro. where are those people talking nonsense ?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lady Dies Mysteriously On Her Way To The Toilet (Photos) / "Dead" Woman Bangs On Coffin During Her Funeral To Say She's Alive / How Late Paul Arisa's Uncle Maltreated Him Even In Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.