Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

BREAKING NEWS: How Ohakim Paid $2.29m For Abuja Property – Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: How Ohakim Paid $2.29m For Abuja Property – Witness (567 Views)

Adamma Ohakim-Okorafor Welcomes Her Second Child (Pics) / How We Uncovered Saraki’s N375m London Property – Witness / Okorocha Reconciles With Ohakim And Ihedioha-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: How Ohakim Paid $2.29m For Abuja Property – Witness by mydream23(f): 7:09am On May 05, 2016
How Ohakim paid $2.29m for Abuja property – Witness

A Federal High Court in Abuja heard on Wednesday how a former Imo State governor, Ikedi Ohakim allegedly bought a property in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) with $2.29m cash concealed in a “Ghana-Must-Go” bag.

A prosecution witness, Abu Sule, who was cross-examined by Ohakim’s lawyer, Awa Kalu (SAN), said he collected $2.29m cash in “Ghana-Must-Go” bag from Ohakim, with which he assisted the former governor to buy a property in highbrow Asokoro area of the FCT.

He explained that Ohakim handed the $2.29m (an equivalent of N270m) to him in $100 bills at night sometimes in November 2008, for onward transfer to the then owner of the property, Alhaji Isah Maidabino, the next day.

Sule, an architect and Managing Director of Tweenex Consociates H.D Limited, said he kept the money in the boot of his car overnight before handing it over to Maidabino, now a director in the office of the Head of Service of the Federation.

The witness said he did not count the money when the former governor handed over it to him because Ohakim trusted him.

“The money ($2.29m) was given to me by the defendant. It was given to me in a ‘Ghana-Must-Go’ bag and that was how I transported it. It was in $100 bills. I didn’t count the money and he (Ohakim) didn’t request for counting because we trusted each other. But I counted it along with Alhaji Maidabino.

>>>>> Please Continue Reading Below....

Source: http://www.blebleblog.com/2016/05/how-ohakim-paid-229m-for-abuja-property.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: How Ohakim Paid $2.29m For Abuja Property – Witness by eyeview: 7:19am On May 05, 2016
See funds that could have been used to tar some extra kilometres of road in the state
Re: BREAKING NEWS: How Ohakim Paid $2.29m For Abuja Property – Witness by megaosasu: 8:03am On May 05, 2016
All this people where them dey. This country self eh
Re: BREAKING NEWS: How Ohakim Paid $2.29m For Abuja Property – Witness by wowmenow: 8:04am On May 05, 2016
Another media trial
God help us all Fulani are saints its only the southeast that steal in Jonathan government
Re: BREAKING NEWS: How Ohakim Paid $2.29m For Abuja Property – Witness by mydream23(f): 8:11am On May 05, 2016
them do just dey east money any how...
Re: BREAKING NEWS: How Ohakim Paid $2.29m For Abuja Property – Witness by megaosasu: 9:10am On May 05, 2016
Theif....
Re: BREAKING NEWS: How Ohakim Paid $2.29m For Abuja Property – Witness by mydream23(f): 9:14am On May 05, 2016
well God help us...

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Lock Out By Teaching Hospital Workers / Photo: Governor Oshiomhole Congratulates New Speaker Of Edo House Of Assembly / Here Is The Latest News On Pension.......wahala Dey????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.