Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,154 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:19 PM

FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" (1475 Views)

Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Welcome To Hell (graphic, Very Disturbing Photos) / To Hell With Your Oil, North Tells South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by fajiboy: 11:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
The FG told ASUU today that it has stoped on further negotiation with them.In other words the FG is saying to ASUU "Go to hell and do your worst".I guess it is time for ASUU and students to take the struggle to another level?I would advise all Nigeria students to form a militant group that would fight against this oppression.For purchase of guns, amour tank and other sophisticated weapons at low cost please send a mail to kingmanta@MEND.com or jimmyak47@yahoo.com.THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES,
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by davidif: 11:46pm On Aug 11, 2009
Omo, the unions in naija are too powerful, they can cripple the nation. Look at the labour union and NUT. In yanki, in some states, unions are declared illegal.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by Bialegend(m): 12:07am On Aug 12, 2009
That is what you get when you have awusa and Yoruba leadership that have been rulling the country since independence. They don't value education and would like to drag others backward with them, especially the awusas. I am not surprised at all, and no Igbo person should be surprised. This is their tactics to curtail our educational superiority which is becoming too much for them to handle.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by nex(m): 12:09am On Aug 12, 2009
Why would you put go to helll in quotation marks? Do you even know what quotation marks are used for? I don't believe Deacon Gamaliel Onosode will speak such words.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by mbulela: 12:55am On Aug 12, 2009
nex:

Why would you put go to helll in quotation marks? Do you even know what quotation marks are used for? I don't believe Deacon Gamaliel Onosode will speak such words.

He obviously did not.
He is too decent a man to do that.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by otokx(m): 7:46am On Aug 12, 2009
"Gamaliel Onosode"
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by FBS: 7:51am On Aug 12, 2009
A solution is NEEDED and URGENTLY.

Thinks about students sitting it out at home for months now? Why would the FG want to cripple their future?
God Help Us.

Bialegend:

That is what you get when you have awusa and Yoruba leadership that have been rulling the country since independence. They don't value education and would like to drag others backward with them, especially the awusas. I am not surprised at all, and no Igbo person should be surprised. This is their tactics to curtail our educational superiority which is becoming too much for them to handle.
Must everything go down tribal lines? undecided Some people sef.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by kokoA(m): 8:43am On Aug 12, 2009
To hell with ASUU. Good for nothing bastards!
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by fajiboy: 9:04am On Aug 12, 2009
@ nex, i never said that Onosode said "Go to hell" , i said and i quote "FG tells ASUU 'go to hell' ". I know u wouldn't believe this, but i hope you agree with me that a government which stops further negotiation with a body like ASUU on an ongoing strike can as well say worse statements than 'go to hell'.
As far as politics is concerned, there is no difference between "WE HAVE STOPPED FURTHER NEGOTIATION WITH ASUU", "ASUU YOU CAN GO TO HELL", "ASUU, WE HAVE GOT NO CONCERN FOR EDUCATION" and "ASUU YOU CAN DO YOUR WORST". Nigerians, it's time to stand and fight for our right.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by nex(m): 9:16am On Aug 12, 2009
Putting it in quote transfers the notion that they spoke those specific words. Quotation marks are used to bring up the exact words used by someone previously. You cannot say and quote yourself when you're saying something for the first time.

For there to be no confusion, don't use quotes any other place where you're actually not quoting and previous statement in Its raw and original form .
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by Pataki: 10:36am On Aug 12, 2009
Do I blame the FG? They learnt this dastard act and stance from Obasanjo who created the room for their existence in the first place. I remember having to sit at home for nine months due to this same line of senseless and mannerless strikes.

ASUU in itself is useless! What is the point to ASUU, if it continually churns out thousands of graduates from its ivory towers who have a poor grasp of English language? Who is oblivious to the fact that, ASUU is reputably knowing for mass production of half baked students, not to talk of lecturer to student victimisation being undertaken and no disciplinary action is taken against its members?

Until I see ASUU setting its house in order, they are nothing but a bunch of hideous and heartless individuals who are more interested in their own pecuniary security rather than the prestigious job entrusted upon them.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by Tudor6(f): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2009
Its quite a pity. . . .
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by Bialegend(m): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2009
FBS:

A solution is NEEDED and URGENTLY.

Thinks about students sitting it out at home for months now? Why would the FG want to cripple their future?
God Help Us.
Must everything go down tribal lines? undecided Some people sef.
Only a fool will not know why your FG want to cripple "their" future. I highlighted the reason in my post and all you did was to ask useless question against my comment.  This is akin to having a bath in a river and crying that soap entered your eyes. Mumus, little brain nigerians, the reason is clear. The awusa and Yoruba led govt. since after the war have been creating means to stalk and arrest the educational forwardness of Igbos. This frequent strikes  is one of such. If you have any other reason apart from my own as to why such strikes will be frequent in a rich country such as nigeria, then tell us and stop criticizing my own candid opinion. Fact is that education is not important to you nigerians, especially the awusas as it is to Igbos.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by hackney(m): 10:57am On Aug 12, 2009
In that country nothing really works so even if ASUU or whoever else goes on strike,tomorrow Nigeria
will still be there and that is good enough by nigerian standards.
So as long as the day breaks and in the morning there is still a place called nigeria, anything can malfunction or strike or whatever and its ok because there are no standards.

Whether systems and parastatals disintegrate or not, what difference does it make?
If you properly analyse any system , parastatals or political office  in nigeria, you will quickly realise that
they are useless so if they go on strike then what?

Its like Nepa saying : Oh, we are going on strike.
or the water board complaining that they need  money for more equipment.
Going into any office at all in that country and expecting politeness is being foolish; that is how inferior we are evolution-wise

Nigerian life is just wake up and if your workplace or investments are still there and not burnt down, Good and if not. . .  oh well.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by fajiboy: 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2009
@ nex, you are diverting this thread from politics to linguistics.Although, i was ready for critics like you.Nex, i have got this message for you, read it and be enlightened.
The statement in quote "go to hell" is a scare quotation or scare quote and not the common type of quotations sceptics like you know.
I would advise you read more on quotations and its uses so as to elevate your knowledge from the phase of a child to the level of a sage.If you fail to adhere to my advice, i will be forced to call you a fool.Good day.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by fajiboy: 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2009
@ nex, you are diverting this thread from politics to linguistics.Although, i was ready for critics like you.Nex, i have got this message for you, read it and be enlightened.
The statement in quote "go to hell" is a scare quotation or scare quote and not the common type of quotations sceptics like you know.
I would advise you read more on quotations and its uses so as to elevate your knowledge from the phase of a child to the level of a sage.If you fail to adhere to my advice, i will be forced to call you a fool.Good day.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by chrisical(m): 12:40pm On Aug 12, 2009
So we should be ready to stay at home for one more year?

@fajiby
pls hope those ammunitions dont cost much,i need them urgently before these jackasses turn me to a slowpoke.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by kokoA(m): 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2009
He had to send his post twice. undecided
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by Kratos007(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2009
Fajiboy, stop displaying your ignorance online & listen to nex. Scare quotation my ass.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by kokoA(m): 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2009
Products of Nigerian Universities grin
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by BlackRevo: 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2009
kokoA:

Products of Nigerian Universities grin

Please don't kill me with laughter ooooo cheesy But by the way English is not our mother tongue so there is no cause for alarm.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by fajiboy: 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2009
@ Kratos007, you are a big fool!!!.If i am an ignorant person then you are an ignorant fool. Let me enlighten you on the meaning of an ignorant fool because i can see that you fall in the same category as Nex ;
"An ignorant fool is someone who knows not and knows not that he or she knows not".A very good example of an ignorant fool is "YOU" and "Nex if he doesn't learn".You are an ignorant fool because you fail to realise the fact that you do not know the meaning of 'scare quote' and you do not desire to know the meaning. If you aren't only a fool but also an slowpoke, reply this post.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by kokoA(m): 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2009
fajiboy:

@ Kratos007, you are a big fool!!!.If i am an ignorant person then you are an ignorant fool. Let me enlighten you on the meaning of an ignorant fool because i can see that you fall in the same category as Nex ;
"An ignorant fool is someone who knows not and knows not that he or she knows not".A very good example of an ignorant fool is "YOU" and "Nex if he doesn't learn".You are an ignorant fool because you fail to realise the fact that you do not know the meaning of 'scare quote' and you do not desire to know the meaning. If you aren't only a fool but also an slowpoke, reply this post.

This guy must be a Nigerian lecturer,
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by FBS: 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2009
Bialegend:

Only a fool will not know why your FG want to cripple "their" future. I highlighted the reason in my post and all you did was to ask useless question against my comment.  This is akin to having a bath in a river and crying that soap entered your eyes. Mumus, little brain nigerians, the reason is clear. The awusa and Yoruba led govt. since after the war have been creating means to stalk and arrest the educational forwardness of Igbos. This frequent strikes  is one of such. If you have any other reason apart from my own as to why such strikes will be frequent in a rich country such as nigeria, then tell us and stop criticizing my own candid opinion. Fact is that education is not important to you nigerians, especially the awusas as it is to Igbos.
One can easily say that you were referring to yourself. Thinking by pointing fingers at the Hausas and Yorubas, you have successfully identified the problem only shows level of reasoning.
Better just zip it if you have nothing intelligent to say or start reciting the remixed biafra anthem as a way of passing time.
Nonsense.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by mamagee6(f): 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2009
It's just a pity.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by fajiboy: 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2009
I can see that this thread is taking a new dimension, that is from politics to yabbing.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by fajiboy: 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2009
I can see that this thread is taking a new dimension, that is from politics to yabbing.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by fajiboy: 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2009
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by fajiboy: 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2009
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by Fhemmmy: 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2009
When 2 elephants are fighting, it is the grass that will suffer.
FG and ASUU diffing it will only affects the students and no one else, i dont blame the FG, most of their kids are abroad schooling without interruption and they forgot that if those nations acts like fools that ours are, there wont be school for their kids to attend.
Even ghana higher institutions seeing better light than we do.
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by fajiboy: 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2009
@ Fhemmmy, abeg tell them,
Re: FG tells ASUU : "Go to hell!" by naijatoday: 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2009
Fhemmmy:

When 2 elephants are fighting, it is the grass that will suffer.
FG and ASUU diffing it will only affects the students and no one else, i dont blame the FG, most of their kids are abroad schooling without interruption and they forgot that if those nations acts like fools that ours are, there wont be school for their kids to attend.
Even ghana higher institutions seeing better light than we do.

I do not disagree with you but, is it right for the federal government to negotiate on behalf of a state government? which is on of the things the ASUU wants.

here is a very good article that presents both sides.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/13836/1/ASUU-Fed-Govt-stalemate-hurts-everyone/Page1.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Buys N23b Jets / Crisis Rocks Anpp Leadership ! / Boka Haram Amnesty Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.