Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live (17729 Views)

The Tanko Yakassai Interview On Channels TV Everyone Is Talking About (Video) / Rotimi Amaechi And Femi Fani-Kayode On Channels TV As They Slog It Out (Video) / Secretary Of Cattle Herdsmen On Channels TV Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by cuteboy2: 8:14am On May 05, 2016
Min of Finance, Kemi Adesoun Channels TV, blowing queens English

* Many prominent actors in in previous govt as state governors who vehemently opposed efforts by FG to save excess crude, and insisted the money should be shared are now ministers in current govt and are pointing fingers accusing previous govt of not saving.
Ans: I don't want to hold brief for anybody. But even if the states did not save, the FG should have saved its own portion

* Are we now saving excess funds? Ans: No we are not savings because you cannot save when you are borrowing. We are borrowing and struggling to pay salaries

* How much money has been recovered so far? Ans: I don't have that figure

* What is the current amount in excess crude account? Ans: I don't have that figure. You (Maupe) quoted it sometime ago. I think it is $2.1b or $2.2b, I am not sure of the amount.

* We have some people complaining of TSA, eg ASUU: We are working with universities and CBN to see if we can grant exemption to them

* They put a blame on govt on leakages. Is it something your ministry can fight? Ans: Absolutely. Last year, we spend N19b on roads and N64b on travels. We are trying to limit travels and the flight class of various govt officials.

* How are limiting leakages in govt? Ans: We are trying to introduce debit cards for routine govt expenditures.
* Has this debit card kicked off? Ans: No we are trying to get proposals from 3 banks, then we shall go through learning process

* How are you aligned with CBN on fiscal and monetary policies. CBN should be doing monetary, and your ministry should be looking at fiscal. Ans: We are trying to align.

Are you in IMF programme? Ans: No we are not IMF programme.

* Do we have an economic Team? Ans: We have an economic team

* It will shock you that Nigerians do not know those who are members of the economic team. Ans: (Becomes upset) Don't you know the ministers? Don't you know me. VP Osibanjo, Min of State & budget, Min of Info, Head of DMO, etc are members

* What is the Economic blueprint? Ans: We are going to invest in infrastructure. We are going to diversify the economy. If we can feed ourselves, it will energise the economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:16am On May 05, 2016
grin 'fine face no BRAIN' minister cheesy

Buhari was a mistake cry

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Young03(m): 8:19am On May 05, 2016
semi illiterate

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by cuteboy2: 8:27am On May 05, 2016
* How do you respond to Oby Ezekewzili's claim that your govt is running a command economy, and that Buhari's ideas are outdated. Ans: What we have is a planned economy.

* How soon are we going to see this economic programme coming to live. Ans: As soon as the budget is signed we shall pump money into the economy.

* Is it safe to say we have saved up to N3 trillion plus recovered funds to have more than enough to run the economy? Ans: I don't want to come here and give you false hope, or say that we a magic solution. What I can tell you is we have some money saved, and we will pump it into the economy.

* Do we expect the budget to be signed this week? Ans: I am very hopeful. We are just eager to get this budget signed and get it moving

* People are complaining (Port Shipping people) are owed salaries and not been paid. Ans: I will find out when I get to the office. A lot of people are being owed salaries
Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by opalu: 8:28am On May 05, 2016
Highly intelligent and resourceful Minister. God bless you Ma

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:30am On May 05, 2016
opalu:
undecided

49 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by obailala(m): 8:35am On May 05, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

Buhari was a mistake cry
Another pained jonathanian expressing the pain under the cloak of a fake grin. Take heart!

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:35am On May 05, 2016
grafikii:

This why decent people are leaving nairaland, just look at the silly posts

undecided

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by viktagorion: 8:37am On May 05, 2016
Saw the interview, was highly impressed with her answers.

I think we are headed in the right direction.

God bless Nigeria.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by kcnwaigbo: 8:38am On May 05, 2016
grafikii:

This why decent people are leaving nairaland, just look at the silly posts

Talk true abeg!! That woman is too dumb to man such a very sensitive position.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by obailala(m): 8:39am On May 05, 2016
cuteboy2:
Min of Finance, Kemi Adesoun Channels TV, blowing queens English

* Many prominent actors in in previous govt as state governors who vehemently opposed efforts by FG to save excess crude, and insisted the money should be shared are now ministers in current govt and are pointing fingers accusing previous govt of not saving.
Ans: I don't want to hold brief for anybody. But even if the states did not save, the FG should have saved its own portion

* Are we now saving excess funds? Ans: No we are not savings because you cannot save when you are borrowing. We are borrowing and struggling to pay salaries

* How much money has been recovered so far? Ans: I don't have that figure

* What is the current amount in excess crude account? Ans: I don't have that figure. You (Maupe) quoted it sometime ago. I think it is $2.1b or $2.2b, I am not sure of the amount.

* We have some people complaining of TSA, eg ASUU: We are working with universities and CBN to see if we can grant exemption to them

* They put a blame on govt on leakages. Is it something your ministry can fight? Ans: Absolutely. Last year, we spend N19b on roads and N64b on travels. We are trying to limit travels and the flight class of various govt officials.

* How are limiting leakages in govt? Ans: We are trying to introduce debit cards for routine govt expenditures.
* Has this debit card kicked off? Ans: No we are trying to get proposals from 3 banks, then we shall go through learning process

* How are you aligned with CBN on fiscal and monetary policies. CBN should be doing monetary, and your ministry should be looking at fiscal. Ans: We are trying to align.

Are you in IMF programme? Ans: No we are not IMF programme.

* Do we have an economic Team? Ans: We have an economic team

* It will shock you that Nigerians do not know those who are members of the economic team. Ans: (Becomes upset) Don't you know the ministers? Don't you know me. VP Osibanjo, Min of State & budget, Min of Info, Head of DMO, etc are members

* What is the Economic blueprint? Ans: We are going to invest in infrastructure. We are going to diversify the economy. If we can feed ourselves, it will energise the economy.

@Op, I suppose these are just a summary of the full responses?

I like the simplicity of the economic blueprint answer:

* What is the Economic blueprint?
Ans: We are going to invest in infrastructure. We are going to diversify the economy. If we can feed ourselves, it will energise the economy.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by obailala(m): 8:40am On May 05, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Talk true abeg!! That woman is too dumb to man such a very sensitive position.
Cure yourself of this your depression, it's not good for your overall health and wellbeing.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:41am On May 05, 2016
obailala:
Another pained jonathanian expressing the pain under the cloak of a fake grin. Take heart!
noticed undecided

19 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by ckmayoca: 8:47am On May 05, 2016
Funniest part is mentioning Lai mohammed as member of economy team. Lai of all people.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by bilulu(m): 8:49am On May 05, 2016
she said in 2015 19b was spent on road while 64b was spent on travel...... My next question was who spent dat on road n travel respectively because since dis administration no single maintenance has been done on our road and d president has been travelling up n down. It therefore mean dat d 19b was spent on our road before may 29 while d 64b started after may 29.
On the stolen fund dey re quick to post on media a certain politician has refunded money but tell dem how much is d recovered funds dey tell u we don't ve. d exact figures...... my question is who has d exact figures if a whole minister of finance don't ve d figure who will now have d figure?

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by hedonistic: 8:49am On May 05, 2016
I watched it. She gave very pedestrian answers; no depth at all. Masking her cluelessness and vacuity with a fake accent is what she seems to do best.

A significant downgrade from Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by millhouse: 8:50am On May 05, 2016
In a nutshell all answers were either 'No' or 'we are going to'. Thus nothing has been done so far by this administration.

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by maestroferddi: 8:54am On May 05, 2016
This Kemi Adeosun must be a huge joke...

How can a key minister be this clueless?

Almost all her responses were either canned or generic when she ought to have demonstrated a basic understanding of what her job description entails.

Sundry crass mistakes and an annoying display of insouciance/nonchalance.

You should know what you are up against when a minister of finance addresses/refers to the Minister of Solid Minerals as the Minister of Mines...

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by LadyExcellency: 9:02am On May 05, 2016
There is certainly a mistake somewhere. Appointment of Finance minister should've transcended "man know man", "padi padi" settlement.

Maupe is telling her the amount in excess crude account? How then can the media quote an authority or authoritatively say what we have at the moment.

Planned Economy my foot when manufacturers and suppliers are running low on raw materials like sugar and other essentials, Unilever, PZ, P&G etc are shutting down some brands/lines because of non-availability of raw materials notwithstanding patronizing and supplementing production with local raw materials.

Madam Oby was 100% right.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by iflywithbuhari(f): 9:06am On May 05, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

Buhari was a mistake cry
Her facial qualities is not important( and she is ugly). What is important is her capabilities, intellect and financial efficiency, and so far, she is an abysmal failure.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by cuteboy2: 9:09am On May 05, 2016
In a follow up interview with Dr Idika Kalu, he is advancing very cogent arguments on the overall economic strategy of this govt.

He says :

* We had in place beautiful plans to build railways linking Calabar to Lagos. Lagos to Abuja and Kaduna, and linking up to Gombe which would have opened up the core agricultural areas where boko haram is festering now, but these were never implemented by succeeding govts.

* We started the steel manufacture journey with Korea in the 70's. Today Korea has huge steel plants feeding massive Hyunadi and Samsung shipbuilding yards, and we are still talking Ajaokuta. Ajaokuta has failed and is moribund. It should be shut for good rather allowing it to continue to guzzle money, and a huge sign hung there stating how not to implement steel projects.

* It is not about reflating the economy, but re-structuring the economy.

* You do not need to micro plan and micro manage the way they are doing

* You cannot be diversifying if your exchange rate is out of the window

* You cannot maintain such wide disparity between official and black market exchange rate

* It is not about devaluation. You have already gone way below or beyond devaluation.

* What does "gone way below the true rate" Ans: Our fixation on the exchange rate control is causing panic demand which is driving the current artificial parallel market rate. There are techniques and ways to estimate the fair value, adopt it and and significantly fund it and gap will narrow and even disappear when the economy revs up. Newspapers will go to town that you have devalued, so what?

11 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by deji68: 9:09am On May 05, 2016

opalu:

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by cuteboy2: 9:10am On May 05, 2016
obailala:
@Op, I suppose these are just a summary of the full responses?

I like the simplicity of the economic blueprint answer:

* What is the Economic blueprint?
Ans: We are going to invest in infrastructure. We are going to diversify the economy. If we can feed ourselves, it will energise the economy.

I just tried to summarise and capture as much as I can as she was speaking.

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by Subway1011: 9:11am On May 05, 2016
[s]
maestroferddi:
This Kemi Adeosun must be a huge joke...

How can a key minister be this clueless?

Almost all her responses were either canned or generic while she ought to have demonstrated a basic understanding of what her job description entails.

Sundry crass mistakes and an annoying display of insouciance/nonchalance.

You should know what you are up against when a minister of finance addresses/refers to the Minister of Solid Minerals as the Minister of Mines...
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosoun On Channels TV Live by jlinkd78(m): 9:21am On May 05, 2016
It was once blamed on GEJ. It is now being blamed on budget non passage. Honestly d main problem of this govt will be more pronounced if things remains this way after d budget must have been signed and accented to.

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Malami Asks Tony Ojukwu To Resume As NHRC Boss Without Senate Confirmation / APC: The Die Is Cast As Three Groups Do Battle / Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.