Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,038 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders (26373 Views)

Buhari Meets APC Governors Forum In Daura, Katsina (Photos) / Buhari Meets APC Governors In London (Photo) / Governors Loyal To Tinubu, Atiku Absent At Meeting With APC NWC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:40pm On May 05, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday evening met with leaders of the ruling All Progressives Congress behind closed doors.

The meeting was held inside the First Lady’s Conference Hall at the Presidential Villa, Abuja started at about 9:10pm and ended in the early hours of Thursday.

Buhari was accompanied by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo; the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Babachir Lawal; the Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Babafemi Ojudu; and some other presidential aides.

Party leaders who attended the meeting included the party’s National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun; the party’s Deputy National Chairman, North, Senator Lawali Shuaibu; Deputy National Chairman, South, Segun Oni; President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki; and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara.

Others were Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State; Governor Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara State; Senate Leader, Ali Ndume; a former Minister of Information, Chief Tony Momoh; Minister of Science and Technology, Ogbonnaya Onu; and the Minister of Agriculture, Audu Ogbeh.

A national leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; and former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar were conspicuously absent at the meeting.

The agenda of the meeting was not made public.

At the end of the meeting, both the Presidency and the party leadership refused to disclose details of the meeting to State House correspondents who kept vigil at the venue.

When approached, Ojudu simply said, “It was a meeting of the leaders of the party. What we discussed was very private, there is no communique. We just discussed generally about governance and issues of the party. There is nothing to communicate to you about.”

Odigie-Oyegun also evaded questions when he simply replied, “The meeting was for routine matters, for usual stuff: party, government and everything,” as he made his way out of the venue.

A similar meeting of the party leaders presided over by Osinbajo was held on February 24 at a time Buhari was on a one-week trip to Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

That first meeting was attended by Tinubu, Atiku; former chairman of the party, Chief Bisi Akande; and the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yusuf Lasun.

They also did not brief journalists at the end of the first meeting.

http://www.punchng.com/54481-2/

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by chocolateme(f): 12:41pm On May 05, 2016
Does it matter? Is Buhari not the number one citizen? Is he no longer for everybody and for nobody? Is he no longer the dictator? Is he no longer majority? Is he no longer one man that drags alone to enter a bus.
Tinubu was taking snuff, he will be there soon, Atiku was drinking fura so will soon join them.

FTC
CHOCOLATE CREAM

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by iflywithbuhari(f): 12:41pm On May 05, 2016
Both Tinubu and Atiku are delirious and completely cuckoo, if they think they can survive without the APC

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by doublewisdom: 12:47pm On May 05, 2016
Tinubu has been side-lined unjustly by Buhari. He will soon float another party.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by Mekus68: 2:22pm On May 05, 2016
A house divided against itself cannot stand.
Come 2019, this house must fall in Jesus Name...

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by naijapresdo2023(m): 2:38pm On May 05, 2016
The truth behind their absence is disagreement over soft landing for Saraki.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by tuniski: 3:24pm On May 05, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Both Tinubu and Atiku are delirious and completely cuckoo, if they think they can survive without the APC

Rather the apc won't survive without them! Apc remains a gang without internal cohesion just power grabbers!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by onajo2000(m): 4:33pm On May 05, 2016
The three of them can not be put together in one pot..... I see apc falling down sooner than later

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by MentalCase(m): 5:59pm On May 05, 2016
angry

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by wayne4loan: 6:00pm On May 05, 2016
Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by GWMI(m): 6:01pm On May 05, 2016
What were you especting?nothing but division a house divided against itself cannot stand so says my bible.If only Tinubu is fighting for the good of the common men mostly from the southg where he came from it would have been better but hypocrisy,Religion and deceit will not allow him do it.Shame on him for decieving Nigerians with Buhari only God will Judge Tinubu and his wicked group of followers.Thanks.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by Hakintoyey(m): 6:03pm On May 05, 2016
chocolateme:
Does it matter? Is Buhari not the number one citizen? Is he no longer for everybody and for nobody? Is he no longer the dictator? Is he no longer majority? Is he no longer one man that drags alone to enter a bus.
Tinubu was taking snuff, he will be there soon, Atiku was drinking fura so will soon join them.
. Leave them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by mohaMADbuari: 6:03pm On May 05, 2016
Good omen....
Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by tolexy007(m): 6:03pm On May 05, 2016
b
Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by Eluwilussit(m): 6:05pm On May 05, 2016
doublewisdom:
Tinubu has been side-lined unjustly by Buhari. He will soon float another party.

I don't know about floating another party but I quite agree with you that Tinubu has been treated unjustly by Buhari. Mind you, I don't like Tinubu any more than Buhari. They are both disgusting characters in different ways. Still, I agree with the first part of your post, 100%. Again, I am not from the West.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 05, 2016
I really pray this their fracas brings to the end of this Apc. I really dislike this party for the way they having been running this nation

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by philtex(m): 6:07pm On May 05, 2016
Apc scam.

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by eshietIntrepid(m): 6:07pm On May 05, 2016
It too soon, they should pls wait till it 2018 before the house build upon lies start crashing down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by Cruxader(m): 6:08pm On May 05, 2016
they held their own meeting elsewhere....

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by 49cents(m): 6:10pm On May 05, 2016
The beginning of the end

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by MakeWeTalk: 6:14pm On May 05, 2016

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by ajebuter(f): 6:15pm On May 05, 2016
#spread mat to read comment while I slurp on vanilla and chocolate ice cream with mama Nkechi hot akara and Agege bread#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by Dephilos: 6:18pm On May 05, 2016
One day God will strike away one nonsense party called APC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 05, 2016
Mekus68:
A house divided against itself cannot stand.
Come 2019, this house must fall in Jesus Name...
Amen!. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by AreaFada2: 6:20pm On May 05, 2016
Eluwilussit:

I don't know about floating another party but I quite agree with you that Tinubu has been treated unjustly by Buhari. Mind you, I don't like Tinubu any more than Buhari. They are both disgusting characters in different ways. Still, I agree with the first part of your post, 100%. Again, I am not from the West.
But it should not surprise anyone. El-Rufai and co are working very hard to control things. They believe they are "the natural leaders of 9ja". The earlier spat between El-Rufai and Osinbajo was just a proxy one between Buhari camp and Tinubu camp for party control.

Tinubu would also want Saraki severely punished. While most of the party including Atiku want reconciliation, fearing damage to the party.

I don't think Tinubu will really be happy after missing out on VP. A post he believes he thoroughly deserved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by awa(m): 6:20pm On May 05, 2016
Does that make a APC better? They're just confused set of people.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by akinvest(m): 6:21pm On May 05, 2016
Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by ELDORADO70: 6:22pm On May 05, 2016
Dephilos:
One day God will strike away one nonsense party called APC

U dry Para gan oooo
Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by DeKen: 6:22pm On May 05, 2016
Were they invited?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 05, 2016
[quote author=tuniski post=45339272]
na god
Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by goodvision12(m): 6:23pm On May 05, 2016
chocolateme:
This people are bunch of zombies.There days are numbered.Have you forgotten that there are various factions in APC now.They are all pretending.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Atiku Absent As Buhari Meets APC Leaders by surrogatesng: 6:24pm On May 05, 2016
maybe its because of saraki

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari And Jonathan Hold Private Meeting In Aso Villa / Work Resumes On Lagos-Badagary Expressway After Sanwo-Olu's Visit / Supreme Court Stops FG From Ceding 17 Oil Wells To Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.