Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,700 members, 7,813,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Egypt President Blames Tom And Jerry Cartoons For ISIS Says It Teaches Extremism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egypt President Blames Tom And Jerry Cartoons For ISIS Says It Teaches Extremism (661 Views)

EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" / Zahra Buhari Teaches Students Soap-Making Process / Protest Against Religious Extremism In Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egypt President Blames Tom And Jerry Cartoons For ISIS Says It Teaches Extremism by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 05, 2016
The head of Egypt's Information Service has blamed Tom and Jerry for the rise of ISIS - claiming the characters encourage extremism and teach children that you can blow people up.

Ambassador Salah Abdel Sadek said the cartoon as well as video games and 'violent' movies helped to spark violence and extremism across the Arab world.

He told an audience at Cairo University that Tom and Jerry contributed to the notion that violence

was a 'natural' part of life.

According to Egyptian Streets, he said: '[T he cartoon] portrays the violence in a funny manner and sends the message that, yes, I can hit him…and I can blow him up with explosives. It becomes set in [the viewers’] mind that this is natural.'

He added that it has become common place for young men to spend hours playing violent video games and that the gamer will be 'happy and content'./

The website said that the Egyptian government had not yet taken steps to censor Tom and Jerry or video games - despite Salah Abdel Sadek's comments.

Re: Egypt President Blames Tom And Jerry Cartoons For ISIS Says It Teaches Extremism by Bobandgreat: 4:05pm On May 05, 2016
Did Lie Mohammed and this man go to the same propaganda school?

1 Like

Re: Egypt President Blames Tom And Jerry Cartoons For ISIS Says It Teaches Extremism by OlujobaSamuel: 5:14pm On May 05, 2016
he might be right, but tom and jerry kwo? it's funny proving this kind of theory, I dey imagine if it's proven to be true and our leaders for here try adopt such measure, na to ebreak the person's head.
Re: Egypt President Blames Tom And Jerry Cartoons For ISIS Says It Teaches Extremism by aminho(m): 5:32pm On May 05, 2016
Bigmillz:
The head of Egypt's Information Service has blamed Tom and Jerry for the rise of ISIS - claiming the characters encourage extremism and teach children that you can blow people up.

Ambassador Salah Abdel Sadek said the cartoon as well as video games and 'violent' movies helped to spark violence and extremism across the Arab world.

He told an audience at Cairo University that Tom and Jerry contributed to the notion that violence

was a 'natural' part of life.

According to Egyptian Streets, he said: '[T he cartoon] portrays the violence in a funny manner and sends the message that, yes, I can hit him…and I can blow him up with explosives. It becomes set in [the viewers’] mind that this is natural.'

He added that it has become common place for young men to spend hours playing violent video games and that the gamer will be 'happy and content'./

The website said that the Egyptian government had not yet taken steps to censor Tom and Jerry or video games - despite Salah Abdel Sadek's comments.
where in the article was egyptian president mentioned

(1) (Reply)

FG Releases Breakdown Of 2016 Budget / Sovereign State Of Nigeria Delta / Full Text Of Obasanjo's Broadcast On Deregulation 2003

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.