Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" (39520 Views)

Speaker Gbajabiamila Teaches Students In Katsina Government School / Tinubu Blasted As He 'Teaches Atiku Abubakar A Lesson' At Lagos APC Rally / Atiku Replies A Twitter User On Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by sinistermind(m): 3:01am On Mar 31, 2017
Can't someone just tweet EFCC in peace again without getting an epic reply?? The handler never fails to deliver... LOL!!!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/officialEFCC/status/847568322019418112

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by SuperSuave(m): 3:10am On Mar 31, 2017
Good for the e-diot!! One of the people disgracing Nigeria with their shameful "am" all over the place. angry

The guy right after the reply be like...

363 Likes 22 Shares

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by blackaxe78: 3:40am On Mar 31, 2017

Blood of Tiwa Savage!

shocked shocked shocked

123 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by Codeblues(m): 4:05am On Mar 31, 2017
Hmmm.
Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by Agimor(m): 4:22am On Mar 31, 2017
See fall hand.

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by LionDeLeo: 4:28am On Mar 31, 2017
While not holding brief for Chon-Bale, I think the handler goofed as well especially his punctuation since his grouse on the tweet borders on punctuation. The last statement requires a full or partial termination after "Am" (a full stop or a comma) b4 the question "Okay?".

Even AS Hornby, the principal author of The Oxford Advanced Learners' Dictionary has handful of shortcomings in English, so nobody is perfect, especially in English language.

190 Likes 12 Shares

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by Nobody: 4:42am On Mar 31, 2017
Most Nigerians don't know the difference between "am" and "I'm" , "been", and "being"
"those" and "does",
"there" and "their" ,"it's" and "its".

primary school teachers need to be flogged mercilessly.

Modified

'I'm' is the same as 'I am'( the apostrophe replaces the ' a').

'am' is the first person singular form of the auxiliary verb, 'to be', The past form is 'was'.

'being' is the present continuous form of 'be' e.g "I am being followed" while been is the past participle of 'be' as in, "I have been waiting for you".

'it's' is the same as 'it is'

'its' is a possessive adjective as in "its horn".

nobsalis

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by etebefia: 5:18am On Mar 31, 2017
I think all these efcc responses are staged

14 Likes

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by TPAND(f): 5:22am On Mar 31, 2017
Chaiiiiii EFCC just gave that guy a finishing. But Walt first when did EFCC start this grammatical tenses faulting

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by Nobody: 5:34am On Mar 31, 2017
I was waiting for an epic reply but this, is utter savagery.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by ZirdoRoray(m): 5:36am On Mar 31, 2017
LionDeLeo:
While not holding brief for Chon-Bale, I think the handler goofed as well especially his punctuation since his grouse on the tweet borders on punctuation. The last statement requires a full or partial termination after "Am" (a full stop or a comma) b4 the question "Okay?".

Even AS Hornby, the principal author of The Oxford Advanced Learners' Dictionary has handful of shortcomings in English, so nobody is perfect, especially in English language.
Read your own post. It is contains both grammatical and punctuation errors. You are making a correction of the wrong use of English language by @officialEFCC twitter handle and yet you can not get yours right. The truth is the tweet by @officialEFCC is witty, admit it. Nobody is perfect.

139 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by sdindan: 5:40am On Mar 31, 2017
Boring!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by LionDeLeo: 5:43am On Mar 31, 2017
ZirdoRoray:

Read your own post. It is contains both grammatical and punctuation errors. You are making a correction of the wrong use of English language by @officialEFCC twitter handle and yet you can not get yours right. The truth is the tweet by @officialEFCC is witty, admit it. Nobody is perfect.

Just imagine who is pointing at grammatical errors.

Pls, identify the grammatical & punctuation errors or stfu.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by ZirdoRoray(m): 5:47am On Mar 31, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Just imagine who is pointing at grammatical errors.

Pls, identify the grammatical & punctuation errors if you can.

The first was delibrate. Like I said "nobody is perfect". The second emboldended word is wrong? Check well..lol

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by LionDeLeo: 5:49am On Mar 31, 2017
ZirdoRoray:

The first was delibrate. Like I said "nobody is perfect". The second emboldended word is wrong? Check well..lol

Deliberate? For what purpose exactly? Pls go and say that to the marines. grin

You make corrections on something, not of something...

Can you now point out the fictitious errors in my post?

20 Likes

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by Abudu2000(m): 5:50am On Mar 31, 2017
So even the efcc is an ediot in grammars too, lol

1 Like

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by ZirdoRoray(m): 5:57am On Mar 31, 2017
LionDeLeo:
While not holding brief for Chon-Bale, I think the handler goofed as well with his punctuation since his grouse on the tweet borders on punctuation. The last statement requires a full or partial termination after "Am" (a full stop or a comma) before the question "Okay?".

Even A[b].[/b]S[b].[/b] Hornby, the principal author of The Oxford Advanced Learners' Dictionary has handful of shortcomings in English, so nobody is perfect, especially in English language.

I made the corrections.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by ZirdoRoray(m): 5:58am On Mar 31, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Deliberate? For what purpose exactly? Pls go and say that to the marines. grin

You make corrections on something, not of something...

Can you now point out the fictitious errors in my post?

Depending on the context, corrections can be made "of something". Your Corrections are noted so no more replies from me. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by Heromaniaa: 6:01am On Mar 31, 2017
This one EFCC is correcting grammar... They might soon call funke Akindele for questioning. Chai Read mad stories here. THEMADMAN'SBLOG

1 Like

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by LionDeLeo: 6:03am On Mar 31, 2017
ZirdoRoray:

I made the corrections.

Pls suggest the appropriate preposition in place of 'with'.

Also, I'm quite surprised you are looking at 'b4' being used on social media as a grammatical blunder, very amusing. Even if it is, do you call that error 'grammatical'? You certainly don't know what grammar is.

On the use of initials without dots, I think you need some extra classes in English language.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by LionDeLeo: 6:05am On Mar 31, 2017
ZirdoRoray:

Corrections noted. No more replies from me. Thanks.

Oh! You are running away so soon?

Why starting what you can't continue?

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by LionDeLeo: 6:07am On Mar 31, 2017
ZirdoRoray:

Depending on the context, corrections can be made "of something". Your Corrections are noted so no more replies from me. Thanks.

Yeah, but in this context, you goofed.
Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by ZirdoRoray(m): 6:11am On Mar 31, 2017
LionDeLeo:

LionDeLeo:

LionDeLeo:

Emotional blackmails are common on this forum, try harder. I have other threads I'm interested in viewing. It is my right to not want to engage in this conversation anymore, it's that simple.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by ZirdoRoray(m): 6:13am On Mar 31, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Yeah, but in this context, you goofed.
I'm correct but you can clap for yourself if it will make you feel better.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by LionDeLeo: 6:15am On Mar 31, 2017
ZirdoRoray:
[b][/b]

Emotional blackmails are common on this forum, try harder. I have other threads I'm interested in viewing. It is my right to not want to engage in this conversation anymore, it's that simple.

Yeah, as simple as firing a shot, then taking to heels with tail between the legs when served your ass on a rusty tray.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by LionDeLeo: 6:16am On Mar 31, 2017
ZirdoRoray:

I'm correct but you can clap for yourself if it will make you feel better.

Very wrong, go for extra classes in English language.
Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by 201320142015ob(m): 6:20am On Mar 31, 2017
Interesting Confusions... 1. Can you cry under water...? 2. Do fishes ever get thirsty...? 3.Why is it called Building when it is already built...? 4. When they say dogs food is new and improved , who tastes it...? 5. If money doesn't grow on trees, why do banks have branches...? 6. Why does round pizza come in square box...? 7. Why doesn't glue stick to it's bottle...? Crazy world isn't it...!!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by omenkaLives(m): 6:37am On Mar 31, 2017
LionDeLeo:

You are also wrong to have said that the bone of contention is punctuational instead of structural.

The difference between "I am" and "am" lies in their structure and not punctuation, since "I" is completely omitted in the latter.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by omenkaLives(m): 6:39am On Mar 31, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Yeah, as simple as firing a shot, then taking to heels with tail between the legs when served your ass on a rusty tray.
Dude you just copied my line without paying due diligence! angry angry

omenkaLives:
They always take the first shot only to have their assess handed to them on a rusty tray. cheesy
March 25th!! angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by sinistermind(m): 6:44am On Mar 31, 2017
Oya now, over to you professors...
Re: EFCC Teaches Twitter User On The Use Of "Am" & "I'm" by ybalogs(m): 7:06am On Mar 31, 2017
Can posts be edited on twitter? The guy must be feeling the heat right now. chai

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov. Aregbesola's Massive Transformation Of The State Of Osun. PICS. / Dino Melaye: People Stopped Thugs From Burning My House / Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.