Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,086 members, 7,845,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government (44871 Views)

Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum / Presidency Finally Reacts To The News Of ‘alleged’ HIV Cure By Abia State Profes / Press Release By Uche Sampson Ogar Support Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by Walelavender(m): 10:18am On May 06, 2016
Quite unfortunate. It is pertinent to note that reprisal attacks should be prevented by all means in the north. Peace resolution should be imbibed. Southerners are susceptible to the attack of the unlearned almajiris in the north....who will defend them when the carnage starts?
Setting up vigilante group is just a means of indirectly arming 'able bodied youths ' who would one day turn their weapons to us in the future.
Proactive policing and justice should be evident in protecting lives and properties.
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by blueeyes1: 10:22am On May 06, 2016
legendte:
Courageous I must say. Enyimba city. Do anyhow and collect anyhow.
Gbam nu nu!
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by emmansteven: 10:25am On May 06, 2016
Nigerian soldiers should learn to comport themselves and be disciplined especially when it comes to civil issues.Being a soldier does not make you a demigod. It would be a thing of joy to me if the soldier in question is sacked and prosecuted accordingly for his misconduct which has led to the destruction of lives and properties.Nigeria has laws and everybody whether civilian or military is not above the law.
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by cheruv: 10:30am On May 06, 2016
Elhabeeb1:
Your pastor killed some Hausa keke marwa guys, buried them in his foundation, Ipod killed some Northerners buried them in your evil forest and now you attack and killed two innocent people because a soldier killed one of you. What message are you sending to the host of your people up north?
That they should defend themselves! undecided
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by Nobody: 10:33am On May 06, 2016
Junior66:
Yesterday's crises made me aware of two things.
1. Most Igbos cannot differentiate between Hausa and Fulani people.
2. Most Igbos resident in Igbo land have the eroneous belief that all of us in the 19 "northern states" are "awusa" people whereas these peeps constitute less than 30% of our entire population.
3. To help u guys, there are no Hausas in the 6 north central states + Abuja.
4. You can also almost conveniently assume that the 6 north-eastern states (Taraba, Adamawa, Borno, Bauchi, Yobe, and Gombe have no indegenous "Awusa" people.
5. They are also minority ethnic groups in the Northwest e.g Kaduna, Kebbi, Jigawa.
We only speak Hausa language in general. Abeg before una go kill all of us make una know una enemies.
hausa are very. Easy to identify but alfortunately we southsouth people have mind of forgiveness unlike those animal of a person called fulani,..they should know that southsouth is worst than Aba especially Edo part...they Should all stay Clear from that area
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by Nobody: 10:36am On May 06, 2016
courageous Ndi igbo....carri go notin do una.....Yoruba, fear fear boss.
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by omolola15(m): 10:41am On May 06, 2016
ckmayoca:

Didirin ni e. Who killed and who retaliated? Don't u knw how to read? Atleast go to paper stand and listen to ppl if u can't read to understand.

Yesterday I read that a Hausa gut stabbed 1 igbo guy. Today the governor sey na soldier shoot meat seller. Please is the meat seller igbo or Hausa and the soldier na which tribe. Because it's 2 different stories from 1 incident. And me no know which 1 to believe as dem no mention the soldier name. Bros no vex fory questions ooo. I just want to understand what really happened there yesterday.
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by rummmy: 10:47am On May 06, 2016
housa dont have any state of theirs apart from kano...Fulani will soon go back to futa djaloon highlands of guinea which is their acentral home grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Junior66:
2. Most Igbos resident in Igbo land have the eroneous belief that all of us in the 19 "northern states" are "awusa" people whereas these peeps constitute less than 30% of our entire population.
4. You can also almost conveniently assume that the 6 north-eastern states (Taraba, Adamawa, Borno, Bauchi, Yobe, and Gombe have no indegenous "Awusa" people.
5. They are also minority ethnic groups in the Northwest e.g Kaduna, Kebbi, Jigawa.
We only speak Hausa language in general. Abeg before una go kill all of us make una know una enemies.
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by lomprico(m): 10:52am On May 06, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

the governor's action is right but directed at the wrong issue. soldiers weren't defending an ethnic group here, a soldier killed a civilian, their action should have been directed at the soldiers or any security formation, not fellow civilian wey dey sit down jejeli.
The governor action is proactive though
governor is on point. its this same governor that paid 200,000 naira to bail some enugu villagers whom the ARMY arrested for trying to protect their selves from the fulani people that raped and killed one in their land. we know you people are not happy that aba did what it did. we will keep defending ourselves from enemies!

2 Likes

Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by Elhabeeb1(m): 10:54am On May 06, 2016
macfarland:
Any Ibo person residing in the North till now without plan B escape root is stuupid and deserve to die when faced with it....it is evident we are not one and can never be....Thank God for Buhari Government that has brought out all these ill for doubting Thomases to see....its just a matter of time....The pregnant woman will deliver.

She deliver wo, the pregnancy is aborted wo your people will never leave the north even if Nigeria is divided. We don't intimidate or harass your people just for the fun of it as you usually do to northerners in your jungle in the East. Your people are so comfortable up in the north, they build houses and business empires all over, some of them are so disgusted by the uncivilised attitude in the east they hardly travel home and when they do, you kill some of them Smh. RIP to our Igbo friends killed by their jealous brothers in the east.
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by EazyMoh(m): 11:00am On May 06, 2016
Why is the government press release silent on the innocent Hausa people killed (the pic of the burnt corps in the thread)? Or are thier lives less valuable than that of the admonished breadwinner?
That's bias on the part of the state government. I support its attempt to stop reoccurrence by putting dialogue measures.
#Notoviolence
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by bikefab(m): 11:01am On May 06, 2016
A focused government. Thumbs up Okezie.
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by Elhabeeb1(m): 11:05am On May 06, 2016
junketer:
but bro we have never seen those igbo investors in the north kill a northerner bcus of an arguement, have u? My point is we must not expect the igbo man in the east to not do anything when an hausa kills another igbo man in the east bcus they want to protect the igbo man in the north. Its like somebody coming to ur house to beat u but u don't do anything bcus ur brother is a tenant in his house. U may endure for sometime but for how long?

We don't go about harassing your people just for fun in the north, we don't consider them as less humans, we give them accommodation anywhere they choose to live, we sale land for them to build houses, we allow them to build their own churches, we are not perfect but brother I assure you some of them find the north much safer than their home state!
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by Brainardc(m): 11:16am On May 06, 2016
Nice move there from OVI
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by kernel504(m): 11:16am On May 06, 2016
HaneefahRN:
Different rumors going about. It was a mad soldier that started all these? So what's with the killing and burning of some other people? A soldier killed an innocent man then the next thing was for some people to start killing people of a particular tribe in retaliation. And they are being hailed. More innocent people were killed while that crazy soldier might even be able to manoeuvre his way out, like they always do.
I don't understand.

You wouldn't blame the Hausa Fulanis going about causing trouble, blame the victim Solomon. If it was your brother you will just walk away coward embedded.

1 Like

Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by ajarossi(m): 11:24am On May 06, 2016
sayusuf:
There are more igbo in the north than there are hausa/fulani in the east. Igbo have multibillion dollars investment in the north, unlike Huasa/FUlani who are just Suya sellers and shoe shiners sleeping under bridges.This reprisal will not take us anywhere. We should unite and fight any act of terror anywhere in the country, not attacking innocent hustlers.
do you knw dat even the so called ikwere pple took our access after civil war? Do u knw dat Nigerian gov took all our money in d bank n gav few pple 20pnds tday that same pple u took all their belongings n access still owns the most beautiful structures in ur land to crown it all we are igbo's, we r d pple of the most high, we r blessed and that y the sun rises from our land....so if u guys cn burn all our access in ur land

3 Likes

Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by kernel504(m): 11:24am On May 06, 2016
Junior66:

Am sorry about our inability to differentiate. But we can't take this animals causing havoc around us.
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by HaneefahRN(f): 11:31am On May 06, 2016
kernel504:

You wouldn't blame the Hausa Fulanis going about causing trouble, blame the victim Solomon. If it was your brother you will just walk away coward embedded.

You are the coward. The innocent hausas that were killed, what wrong did they do?

A soldier killed your brother instead of killing that soldier or going to attack the army barracks, you resorted to killing people from a particular tribe you feel the soldier belongs to. That soldier is Betty alive now and knowing how fu.cked up the Country is might even go scot free.
Those that killed those hausa men in retaliation, the soldier and all perpetrators of evil and killing with injustice and no remorse are all birds of a feather, you are no victim.

1 Like

Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by Nobody: 11:31am On May 06, 2016
Where I come from all I can say is "Mr governor, na man you be!"
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by kernel504(m): 11:31am On May 06, 2016
sochima1989:
Its been a while my brothers(check my name) comment with reason....rather dey do emotional response forgetting that this same issue is applicable everywhere in Nigeria.
Come to lagos markets amd see the mayhem caused by my brother traders but simple accommodation and stop the victim emotional mentality.........
Something bad is bad please dont furnish it.......if u say the governor did well .....cool but stop playing the victim cos APC is on seat.

Who is playing victim? This is not Mile 12 were they aided your weakness.

1 Like

Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by kernel504(m): 11:37am On May 06, 2016
Everfrank:

This is the most irresponsible government response ever. Reports say three people die but this irresponsible government only mentions the Igbo victim and not the others. A northern soldier killed an Igbo man and a misguided mob killed two hausas and burnt them alive! Yet the state Government can't even mention them in their press release. So only Igbo are human beings right? It's now safe to assume that while non Igbos who manage to eke out a living in Aba are not considered humans any longer. This irresponsible murderous government statement has said it all by conniving with murderers.

When you are called coward you start crying, Fulani herdsmen where rated world fourth most dreadful group, and yet you have the gut to blame victims reactions.
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by TheOnlyWiseMan: 11:41am On May 06, 2016
amdo007:
Less than intelligent action to mayhem. The state government has done nothing positive to quell the conflict, what was the immediate cause of conflict? An indisciplined soldier, what was the response of the people? They killed innocents and what does the pathetic state government do? They ask for militia. Typical kneel jerk response from our governments. I hope they don't slaughter us all one day.
What's this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by donvicky2007: 11:53am On May 06, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

the governor's action is right but directed at the wrong issue. soldiers weren't defending an ethnic group here, a soldier killed a civilian, their action should have been directed at the soldiers or any security formation, not fellow civilian wey dey sit down jejeli.
The governor action is proactive though

Do you know if the soldier is *them them*
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by Jaftee(m): 12:13pm On May 06, 2016
Krismart:
Does the op need to promote it. The hatred has been there as is very much promoted by our politicians
The headline has now been modified though, why not allow what vanguard post then make his own comment but rather, he chose to create an impression by making emphasis on Fulani. people are already angry Fulani including I, the herm smoking soldier and the salers are criminals and may be under influence of what they take. no body is looking at that but fulani
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by ckmayoca: 12:46pm On May 06, 2016
omolola15:

Yesterday I read that a Hausa gut stabbed 1 igbo guy. Today the governor sey na soldier shoot meat seller. Please is the meat seller igbo or Hausa and the soldier na which tribe. Because it's 2 different stories from 1 incident. And me no know which 1 to believe as dem no mention the soldier name. Bros no vex fory questions ooo. I just want to understand what really happened there yesterday.

From all news I heard from radio today and tv it says the igbo guy was peeing beside a building and the hausa guy harassed him and he abused the guy and the hausa man went in for a dagger and attacked him from back, then the guys colleagues in the market rushed the aboki man and gave him KO
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by Zhirinovsky: 12:52pm On May 06, 2016
God bless you
sayusuf:
There are more igbo in the north than there are hausa/fulani in the east. Igbo have multibillion dollars investment in the north, unlike Huasa/FUlani who are just Suya sellers and shoe shiners sleeping under bridges.This reprisal will not take us anywhere. We should unite and fight any act of terror anywhere in the country, not attacking innocent hustlers.
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by fernandoc(m): 1:14pm On May 06, 2016
udeagbalaC:

I trust the hausas them sabi kill
Do I need to explain to you that any hausa that decides to kill in aba is embarking on a suicide mission? Period!
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by fernandoc(m): 1:17pm On May 06, 2016
arumay:

Is Enugu competing with Abia in your myopic mind? Think of the wider Igbo interest and humanity pls
Ewu Gambia. Pls shut up if u have nothing reasonable to say.
Re: Aba Killing: Press Release By Abia State Government by omolola15(m): 1:24pm On May 06, 2016
ckmayoca:

From all news I heard from radio today and tv it says the igbo guy was peeing beside a building and the hausa guy harassed him and he abused the guy and the hausa man went in for a dagger and attacked him from back, then the guys colleagues in the market rushed the aboki man and gave him KO

Which 1 come be soldier own again? Is that a separate scene? I though it was just 1 incident. Because what the governor said I'd different from what you Narrated.

I don't care the tribe or region. But i do wonder how humans could be so heartless and kill their fellow human. I no dey like this kind news at all. I get Hausa lots of Hausa friends and igbo friends. My best friend and partner in crime back in the days na igbo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shooting Of Teenager In Delta Community Sparks Protest, Corpse Displayed (Pix) / LASG Demolishes Hundreds Of Shanties And Shops In Lekki / DSS Found 12 Cars In Dasuki's House (Exclusive Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.