Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (22867 Views)

How Much Is A Plate Of Food Sold In Your Area? / What Class Of Food Is Plantain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by dejonathan(f): 12:54pm On May 06, 2016
RealAdewole:
hakuna matata
lol
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by Fynestboi: 12:54pm On May 06, 2016
Nasa28:
I see... You don't even know how to quote somebody who is dumb between me and you now?

Until you change your mentalilty you will continue to wallow in ignorant.

So coz of the aforementioned reasons of yours is while banana should be sold for as high as 500naira?

1 Like

Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by olajuwon1111(m): 12:58pm On May 06, 2016
iykebest1:
to make matters worst, an Ibadan girl come spoil my day join.

She told me that she's slim in complexion. now I can't eat again.

LOLZ
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 06, 2016
thesis:

Cost of commodities are relative so if the prices of fuel increases, it increase the standard of living so you should expect increase in other commodities as well...

True!
But 150% increase is a scam
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 06, 2016
Who told you that Nigeria is the most expensive place to buy food.

Try the Uk, ogbono in the Uk sells for N3,000= a cup. sad
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by oshe11: 1:11pm On May 06, 2016
dason4life:
Nigerians have been playing the "Blame Game" Since 1465.
If the market-woman decides to increase the price of her locally produced foodstuff and blame it on fuel scarcity and cost of dollar, dullards will still blame Buhari.
Even the goats have followed suit.

****waiting for your quotes*****
grin grin grin grin grin
u sound like a FOOL... So dey shud sell 'their local products' cheap?

Wich gain dem go take buy fuel n oda 'Foreign products'

Guy use ur brain, it wont cost U a Penny

4 Likes

Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by ericanex(f): 1:11pm On May 06, 2016
Fynestboi:

True talk bro, we are the one enslaving ourselves, can believe someone selling Banana when I was in OAU, was telling me that the increment in dollar rate is the reason why banana is now sold at such ridiculous price.

And yet we will be screaming the country is bad, out government are bad.
how did you expect him to cope in the harsh economy if he doesn't increase the price of his commodities

1 Like

Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by UltraSphinx(m): 1:13pm On May 06, 2016
IamOpemipo:
angry only one post by the op and this hit FP

Lalastic must be an ogbolo lover grin

Me am team okra..

Abeg click like for okra and share for ogbolo

*sips trophy*
weytin be OGBOLO nigga?.... You high sapele water ni?
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by oshe11: 1:14pm On May 06, 2016
RealAdewole:
hmmm garri N250 rice N500 beans N400
250 for basket of Garri?

For my end na 500 ooo
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by Fynestboi: 1:16pm On May 06, 2016
ericanex:

how did you expect him to cope in the harsh economy if he doesn't increase the price of his commodities

Am not against increment, but outrageous increment is what am against.

1 Like

Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by Opeade939(f): 1:19pm On May 06, 2016
Lol,cowbell is #25 na so it's helpful.
babs01:
They should stop the printing of # 5 (five naira) note it buys nothing anymore.

2 Likes

Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by planetx: 1:21pm On May 06, 2016
kaeforum:
Who told you that Nigeria is the most expensive place to buy food.

Try the Uk, ogbono in the Uk sells for N3,000= a cup. sad
Do you spend Naira to buy ogbono in the UK? We are talking about high food prices in Nigeria this one is converting pounds sterling to Naira. How many Britons eat ogbono, are people living in the UK complaining about not being able to feed. What is an imported delicacy in the UK got to do with topic of high food prices in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by TFLAME(m): 1:24pm On May 06, 2016
IamOpemipo:
angry only one post by the op and this hit FP

Lalastic must be an ogbolo lover grin

Me am team okra..

Abeg click like for okra and share for ogbolo

*sips trophy*

Trophy smiley do you reside anywhere near osun state . Trophy was dem ilesa people's favorite beer , till Goldberg took over .

1 Like

Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 06, 2016
oshe11:
u sound like a FOOL... So dey shud sell 'their local products' cheap?

Wich gain dem go take buy fuel n oda 'Foreign products'

Guy use ur brain, it wont cost U a Penny

According to the dictionary, a fool is "a person who lacks good sense or judgment"
I think you are the one who sound like a fool.
(1) Your lack of sense make you to insult others instead of applying the principle of constructive argument
(2) Your lack of good judgment made you felt it is right to make an increment of 150% when the increase of overhead id less than 100%

N.B
In the future, learn to read and understand about the subject matter if you have make any contribution.

2 Likes

Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by cocolacec(m): 1:25pm On May 06, 2016
akreest:

Basket of tomatoes in Warri has now gone up from N3,000 to N40,000 in less than a month. Na only one small seed dem go sell for you for N100.
I don learn how to dey use onion and pepper only to prepare stew.

If e continue like this, next time una go see me na for CNN news as dem dey rescue me from Migrant boat for Coast of Libya. Make una wish me safe journey grin grin

Dont worry under the new EU-Turkey deal ,once you come by boat ,you will be deported to Turkey or kept in detention. grin
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by TFLAME(m): 1:30pm On May 06, 2016
RealAdewole:
ehn 600? na ilesa I dey o

if you stay Close to oke omiru let's watch the Epl at garret hotel tomorrow with a couple of beer bottles . Hehehehe
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by oshe11: 1:32pm On May 06, 2016
dason4life:

According to the dictionary, a fool is "a person who lacks good sense or judgment"
I think you are the one who sound like a fool.
(1) Your lack of sense make you to insult others instead of applying the principle of constructive argument
(2) Your lack of good judgment made you felt it is right to make an increment of 150% when the increase of overhead id less than 100%

N.B
In the future, learn to read and understand about the subject matter if you have make any contribution.
gerra-hia-mehn!
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by ericanex(f): 1:32pm On May 06, 2016
Fynestboi:

Am not against increment, but outrageous increment is what am against.
how much is fuel?
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 06, 2016
oshe11:
gerra-hia-mehn!

It obvious you are just full of hates. embarassed
Anyway, it's not of you to tell me where to go tongue

I know that your pains will be on the increase now that the budget has been signed. tongue tongue tongue
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by clems88(m): 1:42pm On May 06, 2016
slim19:
For me to cook soup now in school is a problem...tomatoes now 2 for #50
e cheap for your side gaaan. I buy 4 seeds 200 angry
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by Fynestboi: 1:43pm On May 06, 2016
ericanex:
how much is fuel?

So?
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by oshe11: 1:44pm On May 06, 2016
dason4life:

It obvious you are just full of hates. embarassed
Anyway, it's not of you to tell me where to go tongue

I know that your pains will be on the increase now that the budget has been signed. tongue tongue tongue

lolz! Brodally U stubborn! No mynd my earlier post, jst dat I felt like U were blaming dose wit local products for hiking d price wen Its obvious dey did it to survive d unruling hardship
I'm sorry for terming U a 'FOOL'

2 Likes

Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by tivta(m): 1:53pm On May 06, 2016
Have you ever laughed so hard cause you are tired of crying? That is what is happening now, since Nigerians are religious, let us pray to God to come down and save us...
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by onyxo76(m): 2:00pm On May 06, 2016
the thing no funny at all, ingredients for stew is so costly now...800 naira tomatoes can't even feed my family for 3 days now, have spent over 1600 on just stew ingredients over the last 4 days!
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by slim19(m): 2:00pm On May 06, 2016
akreest:

Basket of tomatoes in Warri has now gone up from N3,000 to N40,000 in less than a month. Na only one small seed dem go sell for you for N100.
I don learn how to dey use onion and pepper only to prepare stew.

If e continue like this, next time una go see me na for CNN news as dem dey rescue me from Migrant boat for Coast of Libya. Make una wish me safe journey grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by duality(m): 2:04pm On May 06, 2016
HaneefahRN:
shocked

N600? So how much is rice?

Na wa for una question.. It seems this price thing is not the same everywhere then.

In Ajah Lagos. It's 600 rice is 1300, 1200,1100.
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 06, 2016
oshe11:
lolz! Brodally U stubborn! No mynd my earlier post, jst dat I felt like U were blaming dose wit local products for hiking d price wen Its obvious dey did it to survive d unruling hardship
I'm sorry for terming U a 'FOOL'

No P!
One 9ja we be
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by RealAdewole(m): 2:23pm On May 06, 2016
TFLAME:

if you stay Close to oke omiru let's watch the Epl at garret hotel tomorrow with a couple of beer bottles . Hehehehe
na kayanfada I dey o
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by mikolo80: 2:29pm On May 06, 2016
Ademat7:
statistics has been the major problem facing Nigeria:
1. we don't know the quantity of food we produce
yes we do
2.what are the type of food crops we are in shortage of?
rice wheat and sugar
3. what are d challenges facing farmers e.g transportation, multiple toll on d road,post harvest losses et al
tractor and ignorance
I suggest we HV a website whr one can access all info at a finger tip with d help of ministry of Agric and National bureau of statistics,this will help investors and Agropreneurs
dem boku,na you no sabi use google

last bullet: Agriculture need innovation and ICT
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by bluesaint(m): 2:30pm On May 06, 2016
No more N100 tomatoes in the market here in PH. I was told by my customers that Dangote has bought most of the supplies from the farmers for his new tomatoes factory in Kano.
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by mikolo80: 2:30pm On May 06, 2016
MrPresident1:
Food is indeed getting costlier.

This is a terrible government.
why you no go farm if e pain you
Re: The High Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria by mikolo80: 2:31pm On May 06, 2016
slim19:
For me to cook soup now in school is a problem...tomatoes now 2 for #50
go and plant tomatoes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Hygienic To Eat Suya? / One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage / What Is The Tastiest Nigerian Delicacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.