Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down (36057 Views)

Nigerian Power Bikers Visit Obasanjo In His Mansion In Ogun State. Photos / Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria / Four Power Plants Shut After Militants’ Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Spanner4(m): 5:41pm On May 06, 2016
amaraedec:
But u have light now!! abi no be Lagos I dey so?? meanwhile it's been long Buhari tasted aeroplane. .has he travelled yet?

Coz he is too overwhelmed with Naija problems.

It is really taking a turn in his health coz it isn't easy for him as he thought earlier that it will be easy.

"I will destroy boko haram in Six months"
But Boko haram is still hving their day.

I will pay 5000naira to Nigeria Youths

But No penny has been giving the youths.

He is confused about governance

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Jaideyone(m): 5:41pm On May 06, 2016
smh we are the cause of our own problems. is tompolo bigger than the law? instead of all Nigerians to condemn the attacks and ask tompolo to submit himself for trial some kids are here jubilating. you think you are doing buhari you are doing yourself!!! tribalism and religious sentiment won't get us anywhere. I don't think I want to raise my kids in this God forsaken country

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by ckmayoca: 5:42pm On May 06, 2016
hassan85:
soon South southerners and South easterner will blame it on PMB. I tot u said we northerners can't control our children yet d elders in d south south looks on as dia kid detoriate their land and d easterners are on a kidnapping spree. Blame ds on Heards men again for d pipe destruction. #YouGuysAreOnlyCheatingYourSelves.

Akpabio don put word for ur mouth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:42pm On May 06, 2016
Beremx:
gerrout of my mentions!!

"The Niger Delta militants should know that a new sheriff is on town. If they mess up, Baba go finish them" Beremx 2015.

Na d innocent new baby wey heat go disturb I dey worry about no ve you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by nelronaldo(m): 5:43pm On May 06, 2016
amaraedec:
But u have light now!! abi no be Lagos I dey so?? meanwhile it's been long Buhari tasted aeroplane. .has he travelled yet?
He is travelling today my brother.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 06, 2016
repogirl:
Thank you, a sensible leader knows when to use the carrot or the stick approach but the dullard has no sense.

Too bad
Just the way sensible people channel their grievances to the right channel instead fighting a war they cannot win instead,putting lives of the innocent on the line.
What do you called people like avenger,Nnamdi kalu,Asari dokubo,shekau etc?
And what do you called yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 06, 2016
forgiveness:

Where is Geregu and Ughelli?

See wetin Ijaw dey cause 4 Niger Delta? No worries una cup go soon full wella.

Na only dem get oil for Nigeria, Itshekiri wey get oil pass for Delta no dey para, na Ijaw wey steal to get come dey form.

Make dem waka commot go Bayelsa go dey...... angry

allow the ijaw man to control his Oil. Simple.
I remember when i went to bayelsa for a wedding, I was shocked at the rate of poverty there.
Yet they have Oil under their ground.
who will accept this injustice.
Why must Niger Delta Oil be A CommonWealth?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by TheArchangel(f): 5:45pm On May 06, 2016
AntiIPOB:
Yes,that is because they love celebrating anything hurt or slow the progress of the same country that is feeding them.
Face the sophisticated militants that owns a website and has the capability of carrying out an attack when their deadline expires even at their exact stated time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by ken4jj(m): 5:46pm On May 06, 2016
oduastates:
Am still shaking my head at all the lack of strategic planning that goes on in that country.
Sometimes when the otherwise brilliant Fashola speaks, I wonder at times if we are looking at the same country. Where people like him get their optimism from? I will like to know.
Relying on the Ijaw areas of the Niger -delta for gas is like relying on Sambisa for tomatoes.
The whole Ijaw society is as dysfunctional as criminals masquerading as activist who are running amok in the creek .
Obasanjo did what you can refer to as strategic vandalism when he converted the coal fired egbirra thermal station to gas.
Why?
It is time for the government to stop looking for oil else where and start looking at the coal seams in Benue and kogi,and the untapped gases all over the country.

I will keep saying it. Regionalism is the answer. I don't understand why our leaders just do not want to restructure this country structurally. We cannot be doing the same thing year in year out and expect a different result. Let every region become autonomous and develop their resources. Let me see how the people of ND will standby and watch people destroy their facilities when other regions are moving forward. But now, they can do it because it affects every Nigerian. we will never move forward if we continue like this if you like carry US marines, you will even expand the problem.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by TheFreeOne: 5:46pm On May 06, 2016
repogirl:
Thank you, a sensible leader knows when to use the carrot or the stick approach but the dullard has no sense.

Too bad

Yar Adua/Gej were able to restore peace in the ND by applying wisdom/diplomacy but some considers it weakness hence their push for the use of force which is now backfiring.

Those ND militants are like mosquitoes perched on the scrotum.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Acidosis(m): 5:47pm On May 06, 2016
Some people don't understand the rudiments of politics, conflicts and peacekeeping.

You don't frustrate people out of power using such tools as tribal & regional limitations and then expect to live peacefully when they're out.

I'm not in anyway supporting violence. As a matter of fact, I'd spend more on fuel when power goes off. It is sad, but it is expected.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 06, 2016
oduastates:
Am still shaking my head at all the lack of strategic planning that goes on in that country.
Sometimes when the otherwise brilliant Fashola speaks, I wonder at times if we are looking at the same country. Where people like him get their optimism from? I will like to know.
Relying on the Ijaw areas of the Niger -delta for gas is like relying on Sambisa for tomatoes.
The whole Ijaw society is as dysfunctional as criminals masquerading as activist who are running amok in the creek .
Obasanjo did what you can refer to as strategic vandalism when he converted the coal fired egbirra thermal station to gas.
Why?
It is time for the government to stop looking for oil else where and start looking at the coal seams in Benue and kogi,and the untapped gases all over the country.
regionalism will end this wahala...if that happens then nothing that happens in the Niger delta should affect the other zones..Regionalism answers it...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by ibadanfinest(m): 5:48pm On May 06, 2016
The avengers abi wetin dem dey call themselves. Its better u know where to channel your anger o. Govt house dey there u no go bomb am. All these will only affect we d masses, not the govt. Na we go dey queue for fuel Buhari, saraki, okowa and even concillor will not queue to buy fuel, na d masses go suffer am and before any politician feel any kinda pain, that will be in 2019 during election.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 06, 2016
Adaure4ever:
I remember when i went to bayelsa for a wedding, I was shocked at the rate of poverty there.

if there is poverty in the south south, it's because thier elites want it so.
the oil has in no way benefited me, the people around me and the average Nigerian.

its high time people like you understand that at the end of it all, it's about who gets what.

oil thieves, Niger delta militants, MEND, tompolo, asari dokumbo etc are all rich from this same oil because they manage to deceive people like you into thinking they are fighting for the rights of common people...

news flash..... it's not so!!!
they don't care about your broke asss or if you haven't eaten or if you can't plant your crops cause of your polluted lands.

fight your greedy elites who are blowing up pipelines

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by HopeAtHand: 5:49pm On May 06, 2016
modath:

Get a band and start a party... congrats....

Aso villa has 24hrs light, The Governors, ministers and Lawmakers would use government resources to get power...

I believe Almost all of SW and Most of the North apart from not experiencing degradation have more PMS available to power alternate sources of energy....

No, nothing meaningful was said by the saboteurs, foolish is what this is... cutting off the nose to spite the face...

Proudlyngwa ,

The more we look, the less we see!!

Are you from Ngwa?? shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by yarimo(m): 5:50pm On May 06, 2016
Thank you bro, you are the one that no what is peace. But it seems the other people who are bombing don't no the benefits of living in peace.
Chstel:

imagine what you wish for human like you. We should preach peace bro. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:53pm On May 06, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Are you from Ngwa?? shocked shocked

She was quoting me,
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 06, 2016
ken4jj:

I will keep saying it. Regionalism is the answer. I don't understand why our leaders just do not want to restructure this country structurally. We cannot be doing the same thing year in year out and expect a different result. Let every region become autonomous and develop their resources. Let me see how the people of ND will standby and watch people destroy their facilities when other regions are moving forward. But now, they can do it because it affects every Nigerian. we will never move forward if we continue like this if you like carry US marines, you will even expand the problem.
this is the best comment...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 06, 2016
Spanner4:

Coz he is too overwhelmed with Naija problems.

It is really taking a turn in his health coz it isn't easy for him as he thought earlier that it will be easy.

"I will destroy boko haram in Six months"
But Boko haram is still hving their day.

I will pay 5000naira to Nigeria Youths

But No penny has been giving the youths.

He is confused about governance
And that is exactly what he is doing,the problem is that you people from the east and the elements from the south south will never appreciate what he is doing cos he dislodged the hat wearing buffoon,one thing is sure,the more you hate the north,the more you remain stagnant politically,as for bokoharam,under your jesus,they were taken territories and local gvts,occupying military base etc,why are they hiding in the forest like animals?
Pmb crushed them,silent the ipob,locked their leader away,tampolo is on the run,all the corrupt jonathan officials under jonah regime are either in detention or in hiding,no more stealing,no more budget padding etc
PMB TILL 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by jmoore(m): 5:57pm On May 06, 2016
fuckDmod:

It seems we sw nd middle belt are d only sane region in this country,the north east are boko haram,n.west are Fulani herdsmen,ss now full of militant,se now doing ipob protest,killin in aba nd co.
Am just fed up of this country,everybody should just go there seperate way
Wetin happen for mile 12 in Lagos? Abi that Lagos dey for Portugal? Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by frainc(m): 5:58pm On May 06, 2016
Nigeria is going down slowly

This is the sign of End Time

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 06, 2016
Acidosis:

Some people don't understand the rudiments of politics, conflicts and peacekeeping.

You don't frustrate people out of power using such tools as tribal & regional limitations and then expect to live peacefully when they're out.

I'm not in anyway supporting violence. As a matter of fact, I'd spend more on fuel when power goes off. It is sad, but it is expected.

what's your point?
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 06, 2016
TheArchangel:
Face the sophisticated militants that owns a website and has the capability of carrying out an attack when their deadline expires even at their exact stated time.
sophisticated,babe pls wakeup,buhari is waiting for the niger delta elders to talk to their children,if they fail to do that fast,just wait for next week,the name avenger will be a thing of the past,and when it start,people like you will be here making noise calling on international community to intervene,the good thing is that,nairaland will still be here.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by donodion(m): 6:02pm On May 06, 2016
FYI

This Buhari...he is not Yar adua nor is GEJ.For every wrong move, there would be appropriate response in action with time.

When baba starts hitting and charring them...i dare not hear 'rule of Law' from "the irrelavants and wailers o o".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by otokx(m): 6:02pm On May 06, 2016
Adaure4ever:

When we GEJ was a failure and a curse to his very own people will say don't be cynical. Bayelsa as a state has no business being poor. They are meant to be having light 24/7, roads and the best of universities.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by tartar9(m): 6:02pm On May 06, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Buhari is the one entrusted with the protection of pipelines and power supply,if the pipelines are bombed or power supply disrupted,he is the one to be blamed
You are very correct,He should've stationed troops to guide day and night every 5210km of the pipelines sad
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by GWMI(m): 6:03pm On May 06, 2016
This is the result of Buhari's evil policies shame on APC supporters.
No matter what will happen the South south will remain developed and worth living than the core north who sees others as second class.Shame on Buhari and his supporters.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by otokx(m): 6:04pm On May 06, 2016
Joavid:

what's your point?

Unfortunately, nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by defash8: 6:04pm On May 06, 2016
The elders in Nigeria know that Buhari is playing with the unity of this country, they will do something about it soon.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by Acidosis(m): 6:08pm On May 06, 2016
Joavid:

what's your point?

You do not frustrate people out of power using regional forces (e.g. boko haram), propaganda (APC Radio), threats (parallel government), and ridiculous adjectives like 5%.

And when you finally get the POWER, you expect them to bow to the Fulani hegemonies, even when they house the most powerful resource?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by forgiveness: 6:08pm On May 06, 2016
Adaure4ever:

Then let the Ijaws go control dem oil for Bayelsa and not Delta state. Abi na dem get the oil for Delta state?

What did they do with the 13% whatever they received from the oyel money?

Na me help dem squander the money?

Even if dem dash dem all the oil money, no be my problem, let dem stay off other people's business. That's all.
Re: Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down by iyb(m): 6:11pm On May 06, 2016
That is why Nigeria should use only hydroelectric power, wind power, biogas and solar and the power stations should be located in the north and the southwest where sane people live and let the niger deltans blow themselves up for all we care, bunch of fucktards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy / Obasanjo: Buhari’s Hand Too Weak To Sign African Free Trade Agreement / Sanwo-Olu And Femi Hamzat Visit Buhari In Abuja - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.