Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) (34082 Views)

Yvonne Imongan Waje's Personal Assistant: I Almost Lost My Life Working With You / Timi Dakolo Bemoans The High Divorce Rate & Marriage Breakups / Kate Henshaw Speaks On The High Cost Of Foodstuffs In Nigeria (see Screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by DedeNkem: 4:31pm On May 06, 2016
Soon people will start buying foodstuff in the bars and nightclubs.
Fuel is already being sold at those places. And some people (including me) are already accepting Fuel as a legal tender.
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by ayguru: 4:31pm On May 06, 2016
The honest truth is that we lack preservation, so during rainy period like this tomatoes are usually very expensive
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by ChristineC: 4:31pm On May 06, 2016
Honestly Waje is in the spirit
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by MotherConfesor(f): 4:32pm On May 06, 2016
Wetin concern me? here in Kampala we dnt use stew, we use Black soup for rice wink
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by riczy(m): 4:32pm On May 06, 2016
Imagine the crap makn front page!!! seun we're ar thou?
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by ChristineC: 4:36pm On May 06, 2016
godson36:
You never see anything. Very soon there will be scarcity of Pepper and Tomatoes..

Then you will know how important HAUSA's are in Nigeria
then let them be free to build castles with tomatoes in Arewa Republic
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by lielbreema: 4:36pm On May 06, 2016
GloriaNinja:
Banga stew is even better, you can even chop off your lips while eating it.

Pls what are the ingredients?

1 Like

Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by LovesonBlezz(m): 4:36pm On May 06, 2016
MotherConfesor:
Wetin concern me? here in Kampala we dnt use stew, we use Black soup for rice wink
choiii..see hw u fwesh..frm today its either black soup or black soup..infact black soup ti take-over!..
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by giles14(m): 4:37pm On May 06, 2016
Pavore9:
Was is it not of recent that tomatoes was way cheap and a lot did waste in farms. We lack storage and preservation facilities! Apples imported into Nigeria, some where harvested last year!
y u dey lie lik dis,preserve all year round pls with wich kind technology
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by lielbreema: 4:39pm On May 06, 2016
MotherConfesor:

What's black soup?
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by osesology(m): 4:40pm On May 06, 2016
Na today!
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by playtheblues(f): 4:40pm On May 06, 2016
I agree with her that tomatoes are quite expensive nowadays but is that why she's wearing tomato leaves on her head?

1 Like

Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Beremx(f): 4:41pm On May 06, 2016
tin tomatoes puree is for me. tomato cost die

1 Like

Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by playtheblues(f): 4:42pm On May 06, 2016
You ain't saying nada.

godson36:
You never see anything. Very soon there will be scarcity of Pepper and Tomatoes..

Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Aitee1: 4:43pm On May 06, 2016
lielbreema:
I just bought a bag of caprice for 17000 naira in PH. I'm well do to, I wonder how the poor masses are coping with the drastic increase in food prices cry

In 2014 Dec I bought the same rice for 8000...

It's absolutely crazy

cry cry cry
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by carinmom(f): 4:43pm On May 06, 2016
godson36:

Add onion and meat grin
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by playtheblues(f): 4:45pm On May 06, 2016
Lucky you.

lielbreema:
I just bought a bag of caprice for 17000 naira in PH. I'm well do to, I wonder how the poor masses are coping with the drastic increase in food prices cry

In 2014 Dec I bought the same rice for 8000...

It's absolutely crazy
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by tivta(m): 4:49pm On May 06, 2016
Palm kennel stew all the way...
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Pavore9: 4:50pm On May 06, 2016
giles14:
y u dey lie lik dis,preserve all year round pls with wich kind technology

I believe you are educated and can find your way around the internet where you will come across countless information on post harvest preservation. If l talk about making powder from fresh tomatoes, you will say l lie again!

2 Likes

Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by edorhe14(m): 4:53pm On May 06, 2016
Thats Change for u

1 Like

Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Vongsama(m): 4:58pm On May 06, 2016
zizirecords:
Is Waje really serious that #7000 worth of tomatoes is expensive? Really? Stop mocking poor people abeg!!!

True she can afford it n it seems like a mockery of d poor bt have u tried looking at it another way? That she could probably b speakin out of empathy for d poor?

5 Likes

Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by abdo123: 4:59pm On May 06, 2016
Una sure say dis DANGOTE Tin tomatoes factory for Kaduna no contribute to dis high cost?!!
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by 9jatatafo(m): 5:00pm On May 06, 2016
Step by step
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by mekybabe1: 5:02pm On May 06, 2016
Na so e be o. Very very expensive!
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by calliope(f): 5:02pm On May 06, 2016
Ebubeslym:
Na only tomantoes she see?

To buy one cup of garri drink na wahala for my side.

Sugar sef na one and half for N10.
The cost of tomatoes is just outrageous..... One can't eat sauce again embarassed it's Dat bad!
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Medunah: 5:06pm On May 06, 2016
floragregs:
For my area na 5seeds for 100naira
10 seeds for 500naira in my area
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by esthel(f): 5:09pm On May 06, 2016
I gave up on fresh tomatoes like 3weeks ago,tomato puree plus rodo ti take over
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Emmysteve(m): 5:10pm On May 06, 2016
Thank God my mum was wise enough to preserve the time it was cheap. People really need to preserve their commodities because you can never tell.

2 Likes

Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:11pm On May 06, 2016
Pavore9:
Was is it not of recent that tomatoes was way cheap and a lot did waste in farms. We lack storage and preservation facilities! Apples imported into Nigeria, some were harvested last year!
no, we lack interest in agIc
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Meesquared(m): 5:12pm On May 06, 2016
this is serious. they say Nigeria will be better. it's just left us all to make it better by our selves Cuz the government is gonna do nothing. Nigeria will be visibly better when our children's children's children are all gone. such a mess. SMH
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Emmysteve(m): 5:12pm On May 06, 2016
Medunah:

10 seeds for 500naira in my area
Yours is better. Bought 8 seeds for 1000 Naira
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by FOREXMART(m): 5:16pm On May 06, 2016
That's what happens in a capitalist economy, isn't it obvious that the fx crunch has forced the Dangotes and other local tomato puree brands to look inwards for raw products for production there by buying out wherever tomato is available for production leaving us with little or nothing? Now local demand has increased with limited supply cos farmers can't store perishables after harvest courtesy of Nigeria's epileptic power supply. This is just the beginning,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blessing Okoro Speaks After Her Arrest Over False Property Claim / Chinedu Ikedieze 'Aki' With VP Osinbajo At The Aso Villa (Photo) / Mohbad's Death: Thecuteabiola To Reconcile His Father And Mother After 15years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.