Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) (34083 Views)

Yvonne Imongan Waje's Personal Assistant: I Almost Lost My Life Working With You / Timi Dakolo Bemoans The High Divorce Rate & Marriage Breakups / Kate Henshaw Speaks On The High Cost Of Foodstuffs In Nigeria (see Screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by kobonaire(m): 5:17pm On May 06, 2016
GogetterMD:
G
Nastydroid:
GOAT?
All space bookers association to operate na .... E no easy oh .... network speed etc
cheesy
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 06, 2016
let me add my own,coaster biscuit is #15,egg #40,one cup of rice #80,agege bread #70,satchet powdered peak milk #40,every is now x2 at times x3 of the former price

1 Like

Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Afam4eva(m): 5:20pm On May 06, 2016
I always wonder why Nigerians like tomatoes stew so much when there is is bangalore and salad stew.
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by CioAngels(f): 5:26pm On May 06, 2016
zizirecords:
Is Waje really serious that #7000 worth of tomatoes is expensive? Really? Stop mocking poor people abeg!!!
She is very very serious, 5 small ball of tomatoes was sold 400# at agric market in ikorodu this morning. I went to mile12 to meet the worse becos wasted valueable time and money and i did not buy tomatoes. Tomatoes is deadly expensive so i changed my soup to white egusi with vegetable. No cooking of stew in days to come. It is only pepper they have in aboundance crying for people to buy.
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by freshdude99(m): 5:30pm On May 06, 2016
godson36:
You never see anything. Very soon there will be scarcity of Pepper and Tomatoes..

Then you will know how important HAUSA's are in Nigeria
Just imagine
F*ck off abeg. Dem tie ur hand from using it in farming.
Rubbish
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by tombrapade: 5:30pm On May 06, 2016
E don tey wen I switch to banga stew. no time o
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 06, 2016
Na so we see am...meanwhile few weeks ago a thread on homepage says farmers complained of thier tomatoes wasting due to lack of storage facilities. but it baffles me why tomatoes price increases.

why not sell it at a good price and people can buy more, hence less waste
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 06, 2016
Omo, d tin serious gan nio. 3 tomatoes now go for #100. EGUSI TI TAKE OVER!
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by MossadAgent: 5:45pm On May 06, 2016
GogetterMD:
It's normal at this time of the year. A basket of tomatoes which cost 3k5/4k in February/March during the glut now costs 35k/40k. Half of the harvest was thrashed during that period
#moderniseAgriculture

When have you ever seen a paint bucket of tomato going for 7,000 naira?

1 Like

Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by daveP(m): 5:54pm On May 06, 2016
zizirecords:
Is Waje really serious that #7000 worth of tomatoes is expensive? Really? Stop mocking poor people abeg!!!
Your effort to prove a point has hit the wall before take off. Normal day @ ketu/ojoto market that very measure circled is less #2200
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by daveP(m): 6:00pm On May 06, 2016
godson36:
You never see anything. Very soon there will be scarcity of Pepper and Tomatoes..

Then you will know how important HAUSA's are in Nigeria
This is where the SW needs to wake up asap. they enjoy Parasitism and we in turn enjoy Commensalism. What a change. If this is a dirty ploy to make Nigerians vote sensibly and intellectually next election, I think it's working already.
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by arimahoseloka(m): 6:11pm On May 06, 2016
GloriaNinja:
Banga stew is even better, you can even chop off your lips while eating it.
tell them o
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by ussy09(m): 6:11pm On May 06, 2016
Pavore9:
Was is it not of recent that tomatoes was way cheap and a lot did waste in farms. We lack storage and preservation facilities! Apples imported into Nigeria, some were harvested last year!
lol eng ehn
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by ussy09(m): 6:18pm On May 06, 2016
hazyl4real:
I fear when I carry mumc go Mile 12 market this last weekend and she told me a basket of tomatoes we used to buy atmost 4000naira is sold 35000naira. my brother make I no lie you, na so we turn motor dey go house because all money we carry go market sef no reach 25000naira. we just buy rodo, go dey support am with sachet tomato. yarnsh don dey pepper me since we start this system
Lwkm, but is pathetic.
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Ranchhoddas: 6:27pm On May 06, 2016
hazyl4real:
I fear when I carry mumc go Mile 12 market this last weekend and she told me a basket of tomatoes we used to buy atmost 4000naira is sold 35000naira. my brother make I no lie you, na so we turn motor dey go house because all money we carry go market sef no reach 25000naira. we just buy rodo, go dey support am with sachet tomato. yarnsh don dey pepper me since we start this system
I wan laugh kill myself.Guy you funny abeg.
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by funkymoore: 6:27pm On May 06, 2016
hazyl4real:
Hahaha haha lol grin grin grin
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by mashnino(m): 6:29pm On May 06, 2016
Hahahahaha...

I am in d north presently and see basket of tomatoes here 900 naira.. And the woman pricing it is still complaining...

grin angry grin
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by darlenese(f): 6:38pm On May 06, 2016
Dangote is now producing Tomato paste, all the tomatoes in Nigeria is being channelled to his factory !

Don't expect the price of tomatoes to come down Ooo

As for me, I have improvised a new way to make stew without Tomatoes ! cool
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by bbjummy: 6:44pm On May 06, 2016
GogetterMD:
It's normal at this time of the year. A basket of tomatoes which cost 3k5/4k in February/March during the glut now costs 35k/40k. Half of the harvest was thrashed during that period
#moderniseAgriculture
Bros for where be that?
Here in jos as at February/March a basket was sold between #400 n #600. Presently, it goes for #3,500. What marvels me is that the rain haven't really begun o. We shall survive and my stew will everly be ready when I want it.
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by olarhtunji(m): 6:47pm On May 06, 2016
thank God for tomatoe paste n egunsi
meanwhile
Download d new story I wrote today unveiling the truth
https://www.datafilehost.com/d/67f3e4d4
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by GogetterMD(m): 6:55pm On May 06, 2016
bbjummy:

Bros for where be that?
Here in jos as at February/March a basket was sold between #400 n #600. Presently, it goes for #3,500. What marvels me is that the rain haven't really begun o. We shall survive and my stew will everly be ready when I want it.
Right here in Lagos
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by GogetterMD(m): 6:56pm On May 06, 2016
MossadAgent:

When have you ever seen a paint bucket of tomato going for 7,000 naira?

Last year and this year, I dunno which was worse
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by MotherConfesor(f): 7:39pm On May 06, 2016
LovesonBlezz:
choiii..see hw u fwesh..frm today its either black soup or black soup..infact black soup ti take-over!..

lol.... you wouldn't regret it!!!
Thank me later
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by MotherConfesor(f): 7:40pm On May 06, 2016
lielbreema:

What's black soup?
That's Edo native soup... Ishan soup to be precised. It is made from banga and herbs/leaf...
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by LovesonBlezz(m): 7:46pm On May 06, 2016
MotherConfesor:

lol.... you wouldn't regret it!!! Thank me later
who go prepare am for me now abi mama put dey sell am
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by nwadiuko1(m): 7:50pm On May 06, 2016
Pavore9:
Was is it not of recent that tomatoes was way cheap and a lot did waste in farms. We lack storage and preservation facilities! Apples imported into Nigeria, some were harvested last year!
I wish that our political class will see this your comment
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by lielbreema: 8:00pm On May 06, 2016
MotherConfesor:

That's Edo native soup... Ishan soup to be precised. It is made from banga and herbs/leaf...

Sounds nice. I know delta and edo people can cook delicious food sharr
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Amberon: 8:11pm On May 06, 2016
In PH there's no N100 tomatoes anymore.
floragregs:
For my area na 5seeds for 100naira
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by beau49: 8:18pm On May 06, 2016
yusaze:
That's serious..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFELEUSCGrG/?taken-by=officialwaje

Jokes apart...this high cost of tomatoes needs to be look into. Ahan!!! Someone cannot confidentiality take money to the market again angry angry angry
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by nikkyshyne(f): 8:57pm On May 06, 2016
PIPPROF:
i bought 4 tomatoes for 200 naira in uyo

and fuel has been 350 naira for the last one week

while stations sell at 300 naira , thats if you can see it to buy
Eeya. Hope your salary is growing with the trend. It is well.
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by giles14(m): 9:10pm On May 06, 2016
Pavore9:

I believe you are educated and can find your way around the internet where you will come across countless information on post harvest preservation. If l talk about making powder from fresh tomatoes, you will say l lie again!
making powder from fresh tomatoes? without drying. u wer dey educated. pls wetin u study
Re: Waje Bemoans The High Cost Of Tomatoes (photo) by Pavore9: 9:19pm On May 06, 2016
giles14:
making powder from fresh tomatoes? without drying. u wer dey educated. pls wetin u study

Of course it has to be dehydrated just as mangos are made into dried chips.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blessing Okoro Speaks After Her Arrest Over False Property Claim / Chinedu Ikedieze 'Aki' With VP Osinbajo At The Aso Villa (Photo) / Austin Okpe Remarries To Elizabeth After Ojy Okpe Divorced Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.