Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari (43177 Views)

Kano Commissions Automated Street Sweeper For Roads In The State (Photos) / Obaseki’s Use Of Concrete Opens New Vista For Roads In Edo- Vanguard / Reps To Increase Fuel Price By N5 For Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by mekaboy(m): 8:38am On May 07, 2016
Fadman4real:

What is this wailer saying, you are obviously not smart enough to reason well. Let ne help you

1. Who would build those roads?
Nigerians so definitely these would create more jobs for road construtors and improve d economy.
2. Who would ply those roads?
You or are you so poor that you av resulted to trekking, anyway your 5k a month is on the way.

You are just a wailer seeing nothing good in this administration. Keep on wailing.

If I don't have money or a job and I ply the road how has it grown the economy? Is it not when I have capital to buy goods or produce goods that I move from one part of the country to the other that the road becomes lucrative?

Will all the millions of unemployed youths go into road construction?

Most of the juicy pay from road construction goes to expatriates while peanuts go to Nigerians . This is because those that provide the loan do the job themselves .

The countries economy won't grow even if you build roads from Nigeria to America. As long as the people are not empowered the roads will be a decoration.
Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by mideactive: 9:03am On May 07, 2016
I'm nt high on hate like u,I can see beyond my belle n tribal sentiments..

ancientbanana:
Lol. Just few likes u sold ur reasoning for, hehehe. No be insult o

Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by Nobody: 9:27am On May 07, 2016
idensko:
If GEJ was able to rehabilitate almost all d federal roads in Nigeria with 18bln

Then I think 200bln is D most padded budget item,

Oga u b MUMU Squared

U should b asking urself what d 200bln will b used 4, isn't it clear u re being played

Or u re an intentional criminal.

Is it about d amount or what u re going to use it for?

Which road are u talking abt, Nigeria has the worst road in Africa, one in every four accident in Africa occur in Nigeria, and more than 60% of those accident is cause by bad road.

Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by Nobody: 9:31am On May 07, 2016
SirWere:
You signed a budget almost half into the year and you "boast" about money put in for infrastructure Come on!
Go and check when last yr budget was sign buy ur hero. People like u are the problem we have in this country, u are too sentimental and tribal.

Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by ancientbanana: 9:54am On May 07, 2016
mideactive:

I'm nt high on hate like u,I can see beyond my belle n tribal sentiments..

Lol. Self deception is d worse thing Dat can happen to a man. Chai keep deceiving urself
Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by mideactive: 2:29pm On May 07, 2016
My broda,God can see our hearts o..all I want is a better nation.I place my bet on pmb,I'm sure he means well.I'l do all i can 2 protect my believes.though d odds are very high,but #istandwithBuhari

ancientbanana:
Lol. Self deception is d worse thing Dat can happen to a man. Chai keep deceiving urself

Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by ancientbanana: 4:14pm On May 07, 2016
mideactive:
My broda,God can see our hearts o..all I want is a better nation.I place my bet on pmb,I'm sure he means well.I'l do all i can 2 protect my believes.though d odds are very high,but #istandwithBuhari

Lol. One nigeria exists only on paper (map) not in the hearts of Nigerians believe it or not. Even on nairaland it's so glaring. #istandforapeacefulsplit if our leaders can fix the injustice. Y is it d north is always cheating the south. E. G 19 northern state against 17 southern state. Invariably good our bad the majority will always carry d vote.

Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by Fadman4real(m): 5:26pm On May 07, 2016
mekaboy:

If I don't have money or a job and I ply the road how has it grown the economy? Is it not when I have capital to buy goods or produce goods that I move from one part of the country to the other that the road becomes lucrative?

Will all the millions of unemployed youths go into road construction?

Most of the juicy pay from road construction goes to expatriates while peanuts go to Nigerians . This is because those that provide the loan do the job themselves .

The countries economy won't grow even if you build roads from Nigeria to America. As long as the people are not empowered the roads will be a decoration.

You amaze me,

do you know aw many lives are wasted every year because of our bad roads?

Do you know aw many of our agriculture products are wasted every year because of bad roads to carry it to the other states?

Do you know aw many contract staffs are lying around without jobs?

Good roads is like good electricity, these are social amenites that are important for growth.

An american senator once said that america does not have good roads because it is rich but it is rich because it has good roads.

I know you are a wailer but try and be a reasonable one when you see good achievements try and praise it or pray it is carried out not wail any how.
Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 07, 2016
Pidggin:
This man is tormented by GEJ grin

Can't he just do what he has to do without referring to Jonathan. Which kind jealousy be this one. He is no longer in office for Christ sake.

Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by mideactive: 7:06pm On May 07, 2016
Bro,I can understand d feelings.but I don't think d northern population advantage is d issue.do u think an ordinary person like me n u dat's from d north ant feelin d hit?most Nigerians want someone dat can fix d country,it does not matter wer dat person is frm.4 instace,Abiola won't av won Tofa if it was all about tribal sentiment.we av lots of poor people in d north,I'm sure dey also want a better life.wat actually made pmb d president is d believe most people av in him,he has got some time to prove dat.so y should I hate him cus he's nt yoruba?

ancientbanana:
Lol. One nigeria exists only on paper (map) not in the hearts of Nigerians believe it or not. Even on nairaland it's so glaring. #istandforapeacefulsplit if our leaders can fix the injustice. Y is it d north is always cheating the south. E. G 19 northern state against 17 southern state. Invariably good our bad the majority will always carry d vote.
Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by eDoc: 9:48pm On May 07, 2016
otokx:

Don't mind them, they always make unverifiable claims, GEJ that could not finish the dualization of the east west road in his own Bayelsa state or his wife state being Rivers State.

When last did you ply the roads you mentioned,they are motorable.
According to a wailer above you choose to see what you want to see.

Ordinary airport road abuja had an imaginary 2billion smuggled into the project,and this is a less than 30minutes journey.

https://www.nairaland.com/2525598/n59bn-abuja-airport-expressway-becoming
Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by eDoc: 12:00am On May 08, 2016
SirWere:
You signed a budget almost half into the year and you "boast" about money put in for infrastructure Come on!

Actually the budget is one month late.
The previous budget of 2015 expired at the beginning of april 2016
Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by ancientbanana: 1:13am On May 08, 2016
mideactive:
Bro,I can understand d feelings.but I don't think d northern population advantage is d issue.do u think an ordinary person like me n u dat's from d north ant feelin d hit?most Nigerians want someone dat can fix d country,it does not matter wer dat person is frm.4 instace,Abiola won't av won Tofa if it was all about tribal sentiment.we av lots of poor people in d north,I'm sure dey also want a better life.wat actually made pmb d president is d believe most people av in him,he has got some time to prove dat.so y should I hate him cus he's nt yoruba?

so did abiola rule? N y didn't he? N who made it so? Instead Wat happened to abiola? Let's go to Dis grazing bill for e.g do u support it? Ur farmlands b given to herdsmen free for their cattles to graze. N u as a yoruba or igbo man will have to buy land in the north to farm abi. If they are to vote in the Senate for that bill to b passed into law don't you knw whether the south likes it or not the north will win if the all stand together which they will. Dats injustice don't u think so. N if such happens do u knw it will lead to big disputes n more bloodshed. In all fairness things need to b balanced.
Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by mideactive: 7:09am On May 08, 2016
Abiola didn't rule cus of one man,ibb.n I also believe his past sins worked against him.about d grazing bill,I'l nevr be in support of that.Ranches should be cheaper,n assures a better life 4 d nomads.but unfortunately 4 us,our law makers think like rats..

ancientbanana:
so did abiola rule? N y didn't he? N who made it so? Instead Wat happened to abiola? Let's go to Dis grazing bill for e.g do u support it? Ur farmlands b given to herdsmen free for their cattles to graze. N u as a yoruba or igbo man will have to buy land in the north to farm abi. If they are to vote in the Senate for that bill to b passed into law don't you knw whether the south likes it or not the north will win if the all stand together which they will. Dats injustice don't u think so. N if such happens do u knw it will lead to big disputes n more bloodshed. In all fairness things need to b balanced.
Re: I Budgeted N200 Billion For Roads Unlike Jonathan’s Paltry N18 Billion – Buhari by mekaboy(m): 7:52pm On May 11, 2016
omokab:
this is one of those things I was telling somebody in my compound today that if you want to argue please,argue constructively. I imagine of a person who spent four to five years in higher institution or even secondary school because I don't know which one you belong saying roads doesn't contribute to economy development rather it is a means of fraud and some olodo on this nairaland were as well supporting his brainless write up,this is funny. A good roads in acountry contribute a lot to economic development because there will be a safe roads to transport good and movement of people to different part of the country. It will increase the life span of the vehicle and also reduce the death rate the country. Roads can also be measure in term of cost per kilometer depending on the quality of the road. So if what you learnt in school or what your people told you about roads construction is that,it can not be measured accurately in term of cost definitely you are out of this world. You have to bury your head in shame because you don't know what you are saying.

OK Solomon, let me see how much of the road u can cover at 145 per litre.

Let me see how beneficial the road will be to the person earning minimum wage of 18k and using transport at 145.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Calabar Residents Sing National Anthem After COVID-19 Palliatives Warehouse Loot / Buhari Presented With Gift Of His Portrait In India (Photo) / Osun Rerun: Adeleke Deceiving Muslims – MURIC Issues Warning