Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

What Is Wrong With This - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With This (874 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Photo That Has Gone Viral / What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With This by Andyjoy(f): 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2009
Hi Landers
I hear/see people say/write that it is wrong for one to read his/her spouse's text messages and mails. I need to know what is wrong wt dt cos i hv my baby's password and at any given time i scroll thru his text msg and vice versa. How can we boast we love and trust each other if we keep our mails and text messages secret.

Pls i need to get ur views concerning dis matter.

One love kiss
Re: What Is Wrong With This by kokoA(m): 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2009
Keep scrolling though his messeges until you see what you are looking for. Busy body!
Re: What Is Wrong With This by posakosa(m): 6:22pm On Aug 12, 2009
text messages reveal a lot. I condone it.

The fact he's given you his password doesn't mean that he's not doing anything else. Just don't give urself a heart attack, ok ?

He may have deleted the necessary messages before he allows you to search his phone, <reply, delete, reply delete> DOn't be foooled honey!
Re: What Is Wrong With This by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 13, 2009
Well at least he has given you peace of mind and some level of trust for him. But I always say trust is an illusion.No human being can be trusted. Trust will not go and hold back his mouth if he wants to kiss another woman neither will trust rush to stop him from mounting another woman if he wants to. In fact it is after the act that we remember we have a lady at home that trusts us.All our reasoning almost completely shut down during the act.

But enjoy the his openness because its rare and most people will be jealous of you for the kind of guy you have found because seriously, such guys are rare. So do not pay much attention to the negative replies you ll get here.

Even I would not let my lady read my SMS. The password strength in my phone is over 100. grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With This by MrWaters: 7:10am On Aug 13, 2009
Secret not only in mails or sms. Heartattack is on ur way
Re: What Is Wrong With This by baybbootz(f): 7:19am On Aug 13, 2009
r u sure dats d only fone he has grin grin grin

enjoy it while it last, bt b careful as thyve all said, HEART ATTACK cud jus b waitin around d corner, wink wink
Re: What Is Wrong With This by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 13, 2009
@poster
in this day and age, the mobile phone is a very private object especially to someone who do not want you to search through it. its all about honesty.
if you are with someone that refuses to let you go through their phone for whatever reason, then you have to accept it and respect this person wishes. also you should realise that there is something in that phone that he/she doesnt want you to see. it is not always about cheating and could be anything.
would you then be insecure and think that its a girl thingy etc or would you trust his judgment and not go through his phone accepting that it might be anything(family etc)?

its all about how comfortable you(and he) are in that relationship. . . . . . . dont automatically assume that because you are comfortable with letting HIM check your phone that he should automatically do the same and be as comfortable as you.
Re: What Is Wrong With This by TheSeeker(m): 9:17am On Aug 13, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
in this day and age, the mobile phone is a very private object especially to someone who do not want you to search through it. its all about honesty.
if you are with someone that refuses to let you go through their phone for whatever reason, then you have to accept it and respect this person wishes. also you should realise that there is something in that phone that he/she doesnt want you to see. it is not always about cheating and could be anything.
would you then be insecure and think that its a girl thingy etc or would you trust his judgment and not go through his phone accepting that it might be anything(family etc)?

its all about how comfortable you(and he) are in that relationship. . . . . . . dont automatically assume that because you are comfortable with letting HIM check your phone that he should automatically do the same and be as comfortable as you.

~Cosign~
Re: What Is Wrong With This by biola44: 9:28am On Aug 13, 2009
me thinks trust is a relative term!
Re: What Is Wrong With This by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:42am On Aug 13, 2009
Andyjoy:

Hi Landers
I hear/see people say/write that it is wrong for one to read his/her spouse's text messages and mails. I need to know what is wrong wt dt cos i hv my baby's password and at any given time i scroll thru his text msg and vice versa. How can we boast we love and trust each other if we keep our mails and text messages secret.

Pls i need to get ur views concerning dis matter.

One love kiss

Honestly. . .there are certain things I don't disturb myself about now. . .like wanting to have his password. . .or go through his phone . . .

If you keep trying to do this. . .you would just be putting yourself through stress. . .and life is too short for me to be worrying over such trivialities. . .

You take each relationship as it comes. . .if its meant to be it will be. . .if it isn't then am sorry there's nothing you can do to change that!
Re: What Is Wrong With This by posakosa(m): 9:43am On Aug 13, 2009
Me still thinks, text messages reveal a lot.
Re: What Is Wrong With This by Gentlelady(f): 12:32pm On Aug 13, 2009
To me trust[b] is not [/b] having access to check one's partner inside out every moment of the day.  Trust[b] is [/b] having confidence in/believing that something/someone is good, honest, sincere and will not try to harm or deceive you and that you can rely on the person. 
If trust exists in a relationship there is no need to have access to all email addresses and text messages.
You just enjoy the relationship and believe that what ever happens your partner will not want to willingly harm or deceive you. 

Please let us remember that 'sh*t' happens though!   cool
Re: What Is Wrong With This by henryhemon(m): 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2009
nnothing is wrong with it if both of u are sincere to urselves
Re: What Is Wrong With This by amebono11: 1:14pm On Aug 13, 2009
@topic

No wonder there is an increase in the percentage of women with hypertension undecided

It is wrong, everybody needs privacy, scrolling through his phone is a sign of insecurity, so what kind of love and trust are you talking about?

The reason why alot of women, including you, scroll through their lovers phones, is to see if they can find any SMS from their fellow women, and know exactly everything that goes on in the mans life
seriously i call women like you ' suffocating wives'
Re: What Is Wrong With This by Gentlelady(f): 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2009
,amebo no1:

@topic

lol! grin grin
'Suffocating wives' also sniff their husband's clothes, check his pockets for receipt and things, check shirts for lipstick stains etc.
Re: What Is Wrong With This by Andyjoy(f): 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2009
,amebo no1:

@topic

No wonder there is an increase in the percentage of women with hypertension undecided

It is wrong, everybody needs privacy, scrolling through his phone is a sign of insecurity, so what kind of love and trust are you talking about?

The reason why alot of women, including you, scroll through their lovers phones, is to see if they can find any SMS from their fellow women, and know exactly everything that goes on in the mans life

please no be fight now.

i don't check his phone because i suspect him for anything but i don't see why we shd term it as wrong either.
if there are no skeletons in d cupboard, then, d person involved shd not see as a big deal if his/her patner decides to go thru his/her phone .

(1) (Reply)

Need Ur Advice In This Critical Situation / Man, 30, Kills Self Over Failed Love / Girls : Mmmhhh, Serious Question!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.