Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,204 members, 7,815,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages (18638 Views)

Adaeze Yobo Gets Provocative Tattoo Over Fight With Joseph Yobo / Adaeze Yobo And Her Mother, Abigail Igwe And The Resemblance Between Them (Photo / Adaeze Yobo Shows Off Her Manfriend,Relaxes Romantically On His Thighs(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by lastpage: 7:07pm On May 07, 2016
halfricanadian:

Ow did u handle ur marriage

A good marriage is a gift from God

Thanks for your Question! being married getting closer to two decades now! grin grin

I cant start listing all the Do's and Dont's but l tell you "Mutual Respect, Forgiveness and Commitment to be together" plays a very significant part.
Apart from God, l think my wife is the only person on earth that l trust most.
I respect her and she likewise respects me.
She knows l am an "old fashioned man" that believes a Family, like a Business or Ship, MUST have a Capitan! That is "Me". She is my "Helper", a most crucial helper l cannot do without else l fail woefully but the bucks stops at my Table.
Unfortunately, most women cant accept or live by that "simple rule" which has brought calmness and serenity to our own marriage.

BTW: She holds two Masters Degree and is the equivalent of a level 17 officer in a federal Parastatal so she is not your typical "all noise and no substance woman" you can push-over easily! I still "book" pass am joor! grin

We dont fight or argue over ANYTHING because we both know our rights, duties, responsibilities and PLACE in our household!
Infact, we "agree too much".
Even the children can draw PYRAMID of Authority in our household. Its that SIMPLE.

"How can TWO live together, if they dont AGREE"?

We are not Angels, we are two different STRANGERS, brought-up under two different circumstances, two grown-Ups with "formed character" before we even met....

So, if two such "strange characters" want to successfully live under ONE ROOF, SLEEP ON SAME BED and EAt the SAME PONMO for LIFE! shocked shocked

What do you think will be the most important considerations!

Quotes: 'Marriage is when a man and a Woman decides to become ONE. Troubles starts when they cant decide WHICH ONE to be" ..." grin

Just understand your spouse (husband or wife) and agree to work together.
What works for one family, may not work for another but the 'basic principles' are still the same: If you want to live together (happily for life), you must AGREE on MOST / MAJOR things..... and disagree "respectfully", on minor things .... while differing to the 'final' authority of (either) one of you. I emphasised "either" because in certain things, l differ to my wife simply because l know she has "comparative advantage in such things.
Example: she can negotiate "money issues" better than me so when it comes to buying things where "negotiation of value" is involved, l simply let her handle it (l differ to her) , while l watch from the background like a hawk
grin
That is how successful companies, business and ships are run. kiss

Yea, dont forget to pray for each other and the success of your marriage. God plays the most important role, if both are not pretenders! undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by cooluc(f): 7:08pm On May 07, 2016
TrumpDonald:

Do u think with ur skull? What is ur problem? Are u alryt? The woman is concerned abt domestic violence. If u have a problem wit emotional abuse, u can write an article on it.
My dear those insults aren't necessary..if u kw best school her without the insults..that will greatly help
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by ikupakuti(m): 7:12pm On May 07, 2016
bukatyne:

It doesn't compare.

Adaeze can't swear that she did not know Yobo was a cheerful donor before marriage.

She might have fought through many women for the crown of Mrs. Yobo.

...and i would want to ask her, if marriage is not by force like she stated...why did she fight off other women for the ‘CROWN OF MRS. YOBO‘ ?
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by halfricanadian(f): 7:17pm On May 07, 2016
lastpage:

Thanks for your Question! being married getting closer to two decades now! grin grin

I cant start listing all the Do's and Dont's but l tell you "Mutual Respect, Forgiveness and Commitment to be together" plays a very significant part.
Apart from God, l think my wife is the only person on earth that l trust most.
I respect her and she likewise respects me.
She knows l am an "old fashioned man" that believes a Family, like a Business or Ship, MUST have a Capitan! That is "Me". She is my "Helper", a most crucial helper l cannot do without else l fail woefully but the bucks stops at my Table.
Unfortunately, most women cant accept or live by that "simple rule" which has brought calmness and serenity to our own marriage.

BTW: She holds two Masters Degree and is the equivalent of a level 17 officer in a federal Parastatal so she is not your typical "all noise and no substance woman" you can push-over easily! I still "book" pass am joor! grin

We dont fight or argue over ANYTHING because we both know our rights, duties, responsibilities and PLACE in our household!
Infact, we "agree too much".
Even the children can draw PYRAMID of Authority in our household. Its that SIMPLE.

"How can TWO live together, if they dont AGREE"?

We are not Angels, we are two different STRANGERS, brought-up under two different circumstances, two grown-Ups with "formed character" before we even met....

So, if two such "strange characters" want to successfully live under ONE ROOF, SLEEP ON SAME BED and EAt the SAME PONMO for LIFE! shocked shocked

What do you think will be the most important considerations!

Quotes: 'Marriage is when a man and a Woman decides to become ONE. Troubles starts when they cant decide WHICH ONE to be" ..." grin

Just understand your spouse (husband or wife) and agree to work together.
What works for one family, may not work for another but the 'basic principles' are still the same: If you want to live together (happily for life), you must AGREE on MOST / MAJOR things..... and disagree "respectfully", on minor things .... while differing to the 'final' authority of (either) one of you. I emphasised "either" because in certain things, l differ to my wife simply because l know she has "comparative advantage in such things.
Example: she can negotiate "money issues" better than me so when it comes to buying things where "negotiation of value" is involved, l simply let her handle it (l differ to her) , while l watch from the background like a hawk
grin
That is how successful companies, business and ships are run. kiss

Yea, dont forget to pray for each other and the success of your marriage. God plays the most important role, if both are not pretenders! undecided

Lastpage!

cry cry cry cry

What a beautiful piece of advise

Am envious of ur marriage sounds so fun an appealing

cry cry cry cry ur wife must b an amazing woman

Ryt now all am good at is cursing and getting angry

cry cry cry cry i miss wen i used to b a good woman

Dont kno wat it feels like to be one

cry cry cry cry u are a lucky man
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by lastpage: 7:17pm On May 07, 2016
TrumpDonald:

Do u think with ur skull? What is ur problem? Are u alryt? The woman is concerned abt domestic violence. If u have a problem wit emotional abuse, u can write an article on it.

You are just as "lose-mouthed" as Donald Trump! (your Monicker!) undecided undecided

FYI: A lot of people have committed suicide (lost their life) over emotional abuse.
Bullying is a form of emotional abuse, do you know how many people have been pushed to their death over it?

Violence is Violence. It is not allowed on a Man or Woman. End of story.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by lastpage: 7:34pm On May 07, 2016
halfricanadian:

cry cry cry cry

What a beautiful piece of advise

Am envious of ur marriage sounds so fun an appealing

cry cry cry cry ur wife must b an amazing woman

Ryt now all am good at is cursing and getting angry

cry cry cry cry i miss wen i used to b a good woman

Dont kno wat it feels like to be one

cry cry cry cry u are a lucky man

I am lucky l am the one that married my wife and not some useless man who does not appreciate a good woman.

but there is goodness in all of us, if we decide we want to let it come out.

Due to Anger, we might decide to show our bad side!

Please, dont let a "bad man" turn you (a good woman initially), to a bad woman.
I understand we all can make "mistakes" in our choice of partner.
I understand that no matter how much you try, some spouse will not show appreciation.

But first, we must solve our own part of the problem first (our own attitude and actions) and hopefully, the other party will respond positively.

I can bet if l am irresponsible (behaviour and action-wise), my wife wont be the good wife she is ..... but then, if she is not the good wife she is, how can she then expect me to be a responsible husband?
Chicken-and-Egg conundrum, baa?

At that point, one of the parties have to "make the first move to be responsible", ... l suggest the women do it first, for various reasons to numerous to itemise. Men respond easily more than women, to overtures.

Whatever your current situation, you can still find love, that person that cherishes you, if you will also be a shining example of what "a virtuous woman" should be. One with "inestimable value". Dont give-Up. The best life for an adult is when you are with your spouse and you both love each other. Nothing in this world can compare to your level of happiness.
Forget what 'broken hearts' are saying, its all about trying to feel good in a bad situation.
I pray you find real love

I continue to pray for my wife that God will not let her be influenced wrongly, God would let her continue to be the good wife that she is, God would not let her fall to temptation and God would continue to let her love, grow bigger in my heart.
But honestly, she worked hard for this marriage, especially in the first two years of our marriage when l was just coming to terms "that l am now married and need to be very responsible" to the family!
Most ladies of today would have bailed out when we had our challenges back then but after that period,
l have re-dedicated my whole life to making her and our children as happy as l can make them.

Funnily enough, its not about "Money" because she has enough money from her own income that she can do well without a penny from me (But you know our wives naah, l must still pay for her hair-do and every ten kobo expenses because na me be "head"! ) grin grin

Right now all about CARING for the emotional wellbeing of one-another! She sick, l sick! she smile, l smile!! She happy, l happy even more. kiss kiss

Lastpage!

BTW: She dey post with this Moniker and she dey read my post as well. My Ponmo tonight, na double! Oya make we start! wink wink grin grin
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by TrumpDonald(m): 7:42pm On May 07, 2016
obowunmi:

You're sick. Look up the definition of domestic violence.

Oga I hope u are well? U shud knw that most English words are ambiguous and when people use them, u shud b able to understand based on the context.

If u have been emotionally abused, that is ur business and sickness. Get well soon

Like I said earlier, Adaeze Yobo was more concerned about a man getting physical on his wife. Those of u dat are asking her to quit her marriage because Yobo cheats on her are just sick. Last I checked, he has neva raised his hands on her(arguably) and she's not complaining abt ur so called emotional abuse.
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by sinaj(f): 7:50pm On May 07, 2016
lastpage:

You clowns should ShutUp and stop equating "MARRIAGE" with "VIOLENCE"!

There are hundreds of Millions of Men and Women who would swear that "Marriage" was the best thing to happen to them!
I am one of them!

Husband kill Wife ... and Wife has been killing husbands from the days of Adam! (If not for Even, Adam would probably still be in the "Grace of God" till today! tongue ).

Remember Tiwa Savage use to swear by tiblitz or what is his name, when the going was good..... now she is singing a different song!
What about the owner of KAVEX Computers in Otigba (Computer Village, Ikeja) whose wife employed her lover to kill her husband, a few years back?

The fact that some marriage go bad, does not mean marriage is bad.
Its not about Women nor is it about Men ...in General.

In essence, dont seize on "an opportunity" like this, to push an agenda!

As for Yobo-wife, she is clueless!
its good enough to be the wife of a rich footballer ..... but go and ask Ashley Cole about Cheryl Cole (she is on her third husband now grin ) what gwan with marriage. undecided undecided

Lastpage!

Jeeeez!

Were u recievin a head wen u typed those sheets!

Or u mistakenly quoted me

Coz it seemed u didn't read my post or wot the op posted b4 typing those rubbish up there!

Pls can u point out d part where I insinuated that marriage is evil? undecided
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 07, 2016
Misdirected anger.

This is not a marriage issue but a crazy husband issue.
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by halfricanadian(f): 8:27pm On May 07, 2016
lastpage:

I am lucky l am the one that married my wife and not some useless man who does not appreciate a good woman.

but there is goodness in all of us, if we decide we want to let it come out.

Due to Anger, we might decide to show our bad side!

Please, dont let a "bad man" turn you (a good woman initially), to a bad woman.
I understand we all can make "mistakes" in our choice of partner.
I understand that no matter how much you try, some spouse will not show appreciation.

But first, we must solve our own part of the problem first (our own attitude and actions) and hopefully, the other party will respond positively.

I can bet if l am irresponsible (behaviour and action-wise), my wife wont be the good wife she is ..... but then, if she is not the good wife she is, how can she then expect me to be a responsible husband?
Chicken-and-Egg conundrum, baa?

At that point, one of the parties have to "make the first move to be responsible", ... l suggest the women do it first, for various reasons to numerous to itemise. Men respond easily more than women, to overtures.

Whatever your current situation, you can still find love, that person that cherishes you, if you will also be a shining example of what "a virtuous woman" should be. One with "inestimable value". Dont give-Up. The best life for an adult is when you are with your spouse and you both love each other. Nothing in this world can compare to your level of happiness.
Forget what 'broken hearts' are saying, its all about trying to feel good in a bad situation.
I pray you find real love

I continue to pray for my wife that God will not let her be influenced wrongly, God would let her continue to be the good wife that she is, God would not let her fall to temptation and God would continue to let her love, grow bigger in my heart.
But honestly, she worked hard for this marriage, especially in the first two years of our marriage when l was just coming to terms "that l am now married and need to be very responsible" to the family!
Most ladies of today would have bailed out when we had our challenges back then but after that period,
l have re-dedicated my whole life to making her and our children as happy as l can make them.

Funnily enough, its not about "Money" because she has enough money from her own income that she can do well without a penny from me (But you know our wives naah, l must still pay for her hair-do and every ten kobo expenses because na me be "head"! ) grin grin

Right now all about CARING for the emotional wellbeing of one-another! She sick, l sick! she smile, l smile!! She happy, l happy even more. kiss kiss

Lastpage!

BTW: She dey post with this Moniker and she dey read my post as well. My Ponmo tonight, na double! Oya make we start! wink wink grin grin

cry cry cry cry

Pls i need ur luck in marriage

cry cry
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by dasparrow: 8:44pm On May 07, 2016
sinceraconcept:
what if you're in your 30's and you've expired and the man is rich ass phuck,you'll walk out too?

What do you mean by expired? How can a human being expire when they are not dead? The way some of you reason makes me wonder whether some of you are psychologically okay. In this world of ours where people are getting married in their 40s, 50s, 60s and even 70s, you are here talking about expiring.

By the way, a man is not the only one who can be wealthy as hell. There are women out there who are strikingly rich and don't need a man for his money. Look at Beyonce's mother (See pictures below of her wedding). After Beyonce's father cheated on her mother Tina Knowles and fathered a child outside of their marriage, Tina Knowles filed for divorce after over 30 years of marriage and then remarried. By the way, Tina turned 60 years last year.

So, don't deceive yourself that a woman in her 30s is expired when some women in their 60s are getting married. All the Nigerian woman has to do is start dating and getting married to men of other cultures who RESPECT women and don't view them as products with an expiration date. Thanks to the internet, online dating is now readily available and some people are hooking up with people located far away. Music Video director Clarence Peter's mother Clarion Chukwura - a veteran Nollywood actress - just got married recently to an American man. She is no less than 50 years of age so what are you saying? See pictures below of her wedding to her husband and another pic of her and her son Clarence Peters.

Lastly, it is only when there is LIFE that money can be enjoyed. what good is money to a dead person? Why will a woman stay with a physically abusive rich husband when she will not get to spend his money once he kills her?

Think about it.

3 Likes

Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by MarieSucre(f): 8:49pm On May 07, 2016
EVILFOREST:
What does a man need from a LADY...?
NOT her cash.. ..
All we need as MEN is simple " LOYALTY or better still RESPECT".

Most WOMEN lost our love for them, the very day they started seeing their own mothers as slaves to their own father, thinking that what their mothers did then was EVIL.
That's why most "empowered and exposed" Ladies are losing out. Thinking they now know it ALL.
Now with the ADVENT of so many SOAP OPERAS and NOVELS , ladies now see every man as cheat, unromantic and not well cultured. They see AFRICA tradition as EVIL.

They now enter into Marriages with the HOPE that the hubby is already a CHEAT.
MEANWHILE, these same ladies dress indecently even in churches now.
IF u say ALL MEN are CHEAT, i will tell u that, u are d BIGGEST CHEAT because u have TASTED ALL MEN to that they are all cheats.

FOR every man that wants to CHEAT, there is always a WOMAN ready for that.
Ladies should learn to respect men, that was the "ab initio" plan of GOD
Respect and cherish ur man and see if he will not take u to HEAVEN.

Correct me if I'm wrong. So you're saying its okay to beat your wife to death.

1 Like

Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by kingsmerit: 8:52pm On May 07, 2016
chai..
this advice self. well i will like to give her my own advice. i believe that she was brought up by both parents and she is happy and benefiting from that. if her parents should tell her what they saw and conquered in their marriage, she (Adaeze) will think twice before giving this advise. one thing i know about marriage is that when you enter it with "if" this or that happens, i will divorce, then be ready cause your marriage wont last. please take your time, study the person you want to marry and remove "If" from your marriage dictionary, you will live to be a marriage counselor.
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by MarieSucre(f): 9:07pm On May 07, 2016
lastpage:

You clowns should ShutUp and stop equating "MARRIAGE" with "VIOLENCE"!

There are hundreds of Millions of Men and Women who would swear that "Marriage" was the best thing to happen to them!
I am one of them!

Husband kill Wife ... and Wife has been killing husbands from the days of Adam! (If not for Even, Adam would probably still be in the "Grace of God" till today! tongue ).

Remember Tiwa Savage use to swear by tiblitz or what is his name, when the going was good..... now she is singing a different song!
What about the owner of KAVEX Computers in Otigba (Computer Village, Ikeja) whose wife employed her lover to kill her husband, a few years back?

The fact that some marriage go bad, does not mean marriage is bad.
Its not about Women nor is it about Men ...in General.

In essence, dont seize on "an opportunity" like this, to push an agenda!

As for Yobo-wife, she is clueless!
its good enough to be the wife of a rich footballer ..... but go and ask Ashley Cole about Cheryl Cole (she is on her third husband now grin ) what gwan with marriage. undecided undecided

Lastpage!

Do you even understand what equate means. Equate means "This thing is similar to this or shares a lot of characteristics with this".

What she is saying is that "This sometimes happens in this". --- Violence happens in marriage. Is she wrong?

" The fact that some marriage go bad, does not mean marriage is bad.
Its not about Women nor is it about Men ...in General."

She did not say the above anywhere. She did not even imply it. Where are you even coming from with your own points.

And for the fact that Ashley Cole is on to her third marriage doesn't dent her morality. People rarely marry their first love. And sometimes you find out you've been living with a stranger all along. Ask Tuface how many times he broke up with Annie McCauley and how many women he dated in-between.

Some have gotten married to many like Clarion Chukwurah, and some were killed by their first.

2 Likes

Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by kiyosaki1(m): 9:28pm On May 07, 2016
UIA04:
What
I don't think it has been proven that the man killed let alone laid a hand on his wife thus he is innocent till proven guilty
What if this is the first time he beat her? How would she then have left a non existent abusive marriage.
What if provocation could be used as a defence for her death maybe she had tried to kill him first or he discovered something fishy

I'm not supporting any kind of violence but all this one people turn to preachers with other people's misfortune, instead of going inside to pray for their own marriages that their spouses don't change.

Very soon pastor's will loose their jobs cause everybody don turn pastor.
Your comment simply expose how shallow you are concerning marital issues
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by iswallker(m): 9:37pm On May 07, 2016
eyinjuege:

Make you run commot for the marriage.
Its truly not by force o.
You seem to have forgotten you have parents, children, and other family members that have suffered over you since you were born, who still NEED you alive.

If anyone's spouse should die, the partner can always move on with life. It may be painful, but he/she can and will move on and his/ her tears can be wiped away by someone else.
However, can the parents of such a person ever get over it? A child that should bury you suddenly cut short by violence- a horrible way to die. Can those tears ever be wiped away?

I think families should support people going through domestic violence instead of them encouraging their children to just bear it because of the stigma of divorce.

You seem not to have spoted my sarcacm..tanks for the advice anyway... grin
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by gbeymey(f): 9:48pm On May 07, 2016
lolaed:
Too many foolish people on nairaland, reason I seldom cmment.
I dey tell u!
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by Pidggin(f): 10:29pm On May 07, 2016
UIA04:
What
I don't think it has been proven that the man killed let alone laid a hand on his wife thus he is innocent till proven guilty
What if this is the first time he beat her? How would she then have left a non existent abusive marriage.
What if provocation could be used as a defence for her death maybe she had tried to kill him first or he discovered something fishy

I'm not supporting any kind of violence but all this one people turn to preachers with other people's misfortune, instead of going inside to pray for their own marriages that their spouses don't change.

Very soon pastor's will loose their jobs cause everybody don turn pastor.

Continue..
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by YorceelinaBlaq(f): 10:47pm On May 07, 2016
sinceraconcept:
what if you're in your 30's and you've expired and the man is rich ass phuck,you'll walk out too?
I definitely will. Money can't buy life. U're just another typical African man with d African mentality. In dis part of d world, so much hype is placed on marriage. Wah if I'm above thirty n divorced? Bro, life isn't wrapped around marriage. If d rich ass nigga isn't sensible enough to know dat I'm his wife n not an animal, ama gracefully catwalk outta d relationship.

NB: Drz nothing like "30 n expired". Expiration is by choice. Self packaging has absolutely nothing to do with marriage.

1 Like

Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by sinceraconcept(m): 11:07pm On May 07, 2016
dasparrow:

What do you mean by expired? How can a human being expire when they are not dead? The way some of you reason makes me wonder whether some of you are psychologically okay. In this world of ours where people are getting married in their 40s, 50s, 60s and even 70s, you are here talking about expiring.

By the way, a man is not the only one who can be wealthy as hell. There are women out there who are strikingly rich and don't need a man for his money. Look at Beyonce's mother (See pictures below of her wedding). After Beyonce's father cheated on her mother Tina Knowles and fathered a child outside of their marriage, Tina Knowles filed for divorce after over 30 years of marriage and then remarried. By the way, Tina turned 60 years last year.

So, don't deceive yourself that a woman in her 30s is expired when some women in their 60s are getting married. All the Nigerian woman has to do is start dating and getting married to men of other cultures who RESPECT women and don't view them as products with an expiration date. Thanks to the internet, online dating is now readily available and some people are hooking up with people located far away. Music Video director Clarence Peter's mother Clarion Chukwura - a veteran Nollywood actress - just got married recently to an American man. She is no less than 50 years of age so what are you saying? See pictures below of her wedding to her husband and another pic of her and her son Clarence Peters.

Lastly, it is only when there is LIFE that money can be enjoyed. what good is money to a dead person? Why will a woman stay with a physically abusive rich husband when she will not get to spend his money once he kills her?

Think about it.
Hmmmmn,i suppose you're a man. But you really bleeped up,honestly. How can you compare Tina Knowles with Nigerian ladies? That's America where men are equal to women. But this is Nigeria where we have so many cultures, dude,how can you compare American culture with Nigerian culture? Americans can practise homosexuality and zoophilia,but we're never in support of that here. And what you're doing is trying to encourage our women to rebel,you're trying to tell them to claim equal right with men,you're trying to tell them to file for divorce and leave their children behind or cheat if their man cheats. You're trying to tell them if their husband slaps them,they must slap him back,you're trying to tell them they can pull off their top like men do. Mind you,in my own Yoruba land,behind and not beside every successful man,there must be a woman. In my yorubaland,a woman must be submissive to her husband and a woman must stay married,if she packs out of her husband's house,she becomes what we call "Dalemosu" in yorubaland,it is a man's world and his woman must be very respectful to him. You're here teaching our women not to prostrate(at least a bit) when they greet us. In yorubaland,its a disgrace for our women to send them packing,thats why she comes back with her relatives begging the husband,and the husband sits down laid back and give them conditions and make rules on how he wants his home to be like(positive rules) and this culture hasn't gone extinct,so don't teach our women how to adopt western culture. 
Dino Melaye's wife for example must be regretting divorcing her husband and Dino is an original yoruba man who wouldn't start begging a woman to come back home the way you want it. Even though I don't subscribe to the way he used to beat the woman,that's really cruel but even if that occurs,it occurs. A woman shouldn't pack out because of a slap,it doesn't make sense and it means she doesn't likee her children. A woman must endure even beatings and all that and pray the man doesn't beat her again. God can do anything for mankind. Stop teaching our women against us,stop westernizing them. The western culture is a decay to the whole world. It's good to be partly western but not allowing their culture to overshadow ours,we are africans and our culture is better

1 Like

Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by queebeediva(f): 11:33pm On May 07, 2016
EVILFOREST:
What does a man need from a LADY...?
NOT her cash.. ..
All we need as MEN is simple " LOYALTY or better still RESPECT".

Most WOMEN lost our love for them, the very day they started seeing their own mothers as slaves to their own father, thinking that what their mothers did then was EVIL.
That's why most "empowered and exposed" Ladies are losing out. Thinking they now know it ALL.
Now with the ADVENT of so many SOAP OPERAS and NOVELS , ladies now see every man as cheat, unromantic and not well cultured. They see AFRICA tradition as EVIL.

They now enter into Marriages with the HOPE that the hubby is already a CHEAT.
MEANWHILE, these same ladies dress indecently even in churches now.
IF u say ALL MEN are CHEAT, i will tell u that, u are d BIGGEST CHEAT because u have TASTED ALL MEN to that they are all cheats.

FOR every man that wants to CHEAT, there is always a WOMAN ready for that.
Ladies should learn to respect men, that was the "ab initio" plan of GOD
Respect and cherish ur man and see if he will not take u to HEAVEN.
lobantan some men are fallen Angels noting pleases them .
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by sinceraconcept(m): 11:36pm On May 07, 2016
YorceelinaBlaq:
I definitely will. Money can't buy life. U're just another typical African man with d African mentality. In dis part of d world, so much hype is placed on marriage. Wah if I'm above thirty n divorced? Bro, life isn't wrapped around marriage. If d rich ass nigga isn't sensible enough to know dat I'm his wife n not an animal, ama gracefully catwalk outta d relationship.

NB: Drz nothing like "30 n expired". Expiration is by choice. Self packaging has absolutely nothing to do with marriage.
Yeah,thank you for saying that. I'm soooooo African and I'm damn proud of my culture. Do you want to become western? What do you want to do now that you're an African girl? Pray to God to change your nationality? Your race? Babe,you're a typical African girl. I think it's a slap on your face if you think your culture is an f up to your person. Why must you act like the western culture is the perfect culture? Should I call that inferiority complex?  You think it's a shame for you to be called an African? I bet you've so much wished God should re-create you as a white girl. Girl,you need to start loving your culture. An Arabian wouldn't abandon his culture and do everything western because he feels superior to westerners but you feel inferior to westerners so you want to act all western right? Mingling is cool and acceptable. But calling me a typical African makes me feel happy about it and makes me see you as a western wannabe when you look nothing like a westerner. 
Emulate Kim Kardashian and her "stripping after childbirth" ass,i don't give a damn. Emulate Beyonce and her ungrateful,impatient ass,i don't give a damn. Their culture supports all that sh.its,ours don't here. No man would tolerate all that sh!t from you here. And you'll probably complain to your celeb role models and ask them for advises. Stop being myopic in thinking lil mama. 
That's what I like about DJ Cuppy,she lived almost all her life abroad but she is so African and she loves been called a typical African
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by queebeediva(f): 11:46pm On May 07, 2016
sinceraconcept:
Hmmmmn,i suppose you're a man. But you really bleeped up,honestly. How can you compare Tina Knowles with Nigerian ladies? That's America where men are equal to women. But this is Nigeria where we have so many cultures, dude,how can you compare American culture with Nigerian culture? Americans can practise homosexuality and zoophilia,but we're never in support of that here. And what you're doing is trying to encourage our women to rebel,you're trying to tell them to claim equal right with men,you're trying to tell them to file for divorce and leave their children behind or cheat if their man cheats. You're trying to tell them if their husband slaps them,they must slap him back,you're trying to tell them they can pull off their top like men do. Mind you,in my own Yoruba land,behind and not beside every successful man,there must be a woman. In my yorubaland,a woman must be submissive to her husband and a woman must stay married,if she packs out of her husband's house,she becomes what we call "Dalemosu" in yorubaland,it is a man's world and his woman must be very respectful to him. You're here teaching our women not to prostrate(at least a bit) when they greet us. In yorubaland,its a disgrace for our women to send them packing,thats why she comes back with her relatives begging the husband,and the husband sits down laid back and give them conditions and make rules on how he wants his home to be like(positive rules) and this culture hasn't gone extinct,so don't teach our women how to adopt western culture. 
Dino Melaye's wife for example must be regretting divorcing her husband and Dino is an original yoruba man who wouldn't start begging a woman to come back home the way you want it. Even though I don't subscribe to the way he used to beat the woman,that's really cruel but even if that occurs,it occurs. A woman shouldn't pack out because of a slap,it doesn't make sense and it means she doesn't likee her children. A woman must endure even beatings and all that and pray the man doesn't beat her again. God can do anything for mankind. Stop teaching our women against us,stop westernizing them. The western culture is a decay to the whole world. It's good to be partly western but not allowing their culture to overshadow ours,we are africans and our culture is better 
I see you support women slavery. Did our culture permit men to beat and treat his wife like a slave? Did your youruba culture support a man mistreating a woman to the extent of treathen her life? Biko what is the madness of this so called Culture thing that sees women as noting other than sex slave? Morally and common sense should tell anyone what's wrong or right. Lastly I hope you will be very happy if your father mistreat ur mum ! A lot of women endures marriage and not enjoy . They fear what the socety will tag them and so ended up frustrated and misrable by one so-called man.

1 Like

Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by UIA04(f): 11:49pm On May 07, 2016
kiyosaki1:
Your comment simply expose how shallow you are concerning marital issues
OK ooooooo you that is knowledgeable teach me na

Ask any lawyer this is how the matter will be treated legally, that's what separates lawyers from laymen

Every accused person is innocent until proven guilty with clear evidence.
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by deflover(m): 6:13am On May 08, 2016
see how she quoted all the nice part of the bible about love but didn't quote the part about submission

now the women folks are out....they want his
head....brothers don't be fooled by the angelic
things we call Nigerian women....some just marry
you cos they want to be married and you are just
the available one that has money enough to pay
the bills...they say it everyday NA LOVE I GO
CHOP...now you marry her things didn't go
well...the abuse begins...the are you a man
talk...your dignity is the only thing that makes
you a man is being abused everyday. ....you talk
about it with friends...family...neighbours are
beginning to hear your voices...the gentleman in
you is gone.....you trip over.....before you kill
someone and the women begin to hunt for you
on Facebook and Twitter.....do us a favour
man....fucking move out. ....find a room
somewhere.....marry a new wife...yes move
out....or else you will kill someone and the
bitches will say I told you so...Nigerian men are
useless.....you go to jail. ...they win again....this
war between men and women won't stop...they
are hell bent to make us extinct.
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by sinceraconcept(m): 7:24am On May 08, 2016
queebeediva:
I see you support women slavery. Did our culture permit men to beat and treat his wife like a slave? Did your youruba culture support a man mistreating a woman to the extent of treathen her life? Biko what is the madness of this so called Culture thing that sees women as noting other than sex slave? Morally and common sense should tell anyone what's wrong or right. Lastly I hope you will be very happy if your father mistreat ur mum ! A lot of women endures marriage and not enjoy . They fear what the socety will tag them and so ended up frustrated and misrable by one so-called man.
Read my comment properly lady,i never supported beating of a woman,even though beating might set in at times,but it shouldn't be up to 5%,just small small correction might set in because some women do beat their man too if they think the man is a mumu,i never said I supported beating and threatening to kill a woman but women must watch how they speak to their husband. Some women that gets beaten by a patient husband(i'm not talking about dog useless husband's that don't know about anything than beating) because of the way she treats him,some women curse,pull a man's shirt aand you expect the man you're pulling his expensive not to slap you to leave you alone? And you'll start shouting to the whole world he beat and afterall you're the one that started cursing him,lucking him up and trying to beat him. Women are good trouble makers and you'll come to nairaland insulting men like we usually have all the fault and most fault comes from you women. 
At times,without strong evidence,women just conclude and next thing,she has already locked the man and try to strangle him and if he slaps you to save his life,you'll start shouting he beat you. 
African culture is not about enslavement,its teaching women how to be respectful,teaching wowmen how to live a decent matrimonial life. A cultural woman is going to really enjoy her husband till death tears them apart but a westernised woman will always get the beatings of her life. You're stuck on telemundo and that is delaying you from doing what you're supposed to do,food gets burnt,food gets delayed,children are in school crying cos you've not gone to pick them up because of the way western civilisation has brainwash you and you expect even a patient man not to come home switch off that telemundo. And the next thing "honey switch on that tv,........ we both have equal right in this house" next thing you lock his nice shirt and want to strangle him and you expect him not to slap you to save his life? or push you away,but the next thing,you'll start telling everyone your husband has turned you to punching bag. 
You said a lot of women endure marriage and not enjoy,so do a lot of men endures marriage and not enjoy,babe stop acting like men are the cause of emotional pain to women,some women are also very bad and dangerous. You force a man to live telemundo life that he's not used to,someone else's culture,if he can't live it,you'll start shouting around that he's not romantic,he's not a good husband,he's wicked,he's enslaving his woman. Why not tell your telemundo people to adopt our african culture too? Afterall you're African 
In the name of western civilization,women want to turn African men to fools,the romantic man to them is the man that washes pant and bra for them,the man that helps them carry their bag,if a man can't do all of that,he's not romantic and not a good husband and even if a man does all of that for you,the next thing is you take him for granted because he's too nice to you,next thing,because he's tolerant and supportive of anything you want,next thing you join politics and expect him to support you,next thing you start sleeping with co-politicians for political appointments and power and the husband,Mr Romantic becomes your houseboy,next thing you tell lies and file for divorce because you think you're superior to him cos you're sleeping with powerful people in the society. You can't telemundo us here.
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by sinaj(f): 7:26am On May 08, 2016
omoobanla:
Who told u it's only men that abuse? U these nowadays young boy and girls also want to lecture people on marriage institution matter when u have not even stated life at all ,wcccccch

Prof I wasn't talking about Abuse, if u read my post very well, u wud av noticed that I was talking about abused women!!!

Btw do you really have to get married b4 u knw all abt marriage?

Don't lemme blive that u are among the old men that operate on the IQ level of a young boy sad

GRACIAS
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by YorceelinaBlaq(f): 8:08am On May 08, 2016
sinceraconcept:
Yeah,thank you for saying that. I'm soooooo African and I'm damn proud of my culture. Do you want to become western? What do you want to do now that you're an African girl? Pray to God to change your nationality? Your race? Babe,you're a typical African girl. I think it's a slap on your face if you think your culture is an f up to your person. Why must you act like the western culture is the perfect culture? Should I call that inferiority complex?  You think it's a shame for you to be called an African? I bet you've so much wished God should re-create you as a white girl. Girl,you need to start loving your culture. An Arabian wouldn't abandon his culture and do everything western because he feels superior to westerners but you feel inferior to westerners so you want to act all western right? Mingling is cool and acceptable. But calling me a typical African makes me feel happy about it and makes me see you as a western wannabe when you look nothing like a westerner. 
Emulate Kim Kardashian and her "stripping after childbirth" ass,i don't give a damn. Emulate Beyonce and her ungrateful,impatient ass,i don't give a damn. Their culture supports all that sh.its,ours don't here. No man would tolerate all that sh!t from you here. And you'll probably complain to your celeb role models and ask them for advises. Stop being myopic in thinking lil mama. 
That's what I like about DJ Cuppy,she lived almost all her life abroad but she is so African and she loves been called a typical African
start being reasonable, big papa. Ion remember saying anything like "I'm not proud being black". U're simply just putting aside d main issue to talk about western n African culture. Ion remember saying anything about stripping after childbirth so I must say this- u're going off d point. I'm black n very proud of course. Still, I'm human. Not just human, I'm a woman. Any aspect of any culture at all, dat states dat I must stay with my husband "for beating, for die" is nothing but barbaric...very barbaric. N if u're so African (based on ur definition of being African), marry off ur sister/ daughter to one "rich ass woman-beater" and let her remain in d marriage till she's "30 n expired". smiley

NB: Do not quote me again if u're not going to say sumfin reasonable. God bless u as u comply.
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by cococandy(f): 8:21am On May 08, 2016
Dunce
sinceraconcept:
Read my comment properly lady,i never supported beating of a woman,even though beating might set in at times,but it shouldn't be up to 5%,just small small correction might set in because some women do beat their man too if they think the man is a mumu,i never said I supported beating and threatening to kill a woman but women must watch how they speak to their husband. Some women that gets beaten by a patient husband(i'm not talking about dog useless husband's that don't know about anything than beating) because of the way she treats him,some women curse,pull a man's shirt aand you expect the man you're pulling his expensive not to slap you to leave you alone? And you'll start shouting to the whole world he beat and afterall you're the one that started cursing him,lucking him up and trying to beat him. Women are good trouble makers and you'll come to nairaland insulting men like we usually have all the fault and most fault comes from you women. 
At times,without strong evidence,women just conclude and next thing,she has already locked the man and try to strangle him and if he slaps you to save his life,you'll start shouting he beat you. 
African culture is not about enslavement,its teaching women how to be respectful,teaching wowmen how to live a decent matrimonial life. A cultural woman is going to really enjoy her husband till death tears them apart but a westernised woman will always get the beatings of her life. You're stuck on telemundo and that is delaying you from doing what you're supposed to do,food gets burnt,food gets delayed,children are in school crying cos you've not gone to pick them up because of the way western civilisation has brainwash you and you expect even a patient man not to come home switch off that telemundo. And the next thing "honey switch on that tv,........ we both have equal right in this house" next thing you lock his nice shirt and want to strangle him and you expect him not to slap you to save his life? or push you away,but the next thing,you'll start telling everyone your husband has turned you to punching bag. 
You said a lot of women endure marriage and not enjoy,so do a lot of men endures marriage and not enjoy,babe stop acting like men are the cause of emotional pain to women,some women are also very bad and dangerous. You force a man to live telemundo life that he's not used to,someone else's culture,if he can't live it,you'll start shouting around that he's not romantic,he's not a good husband,he's wicked,he's enslaving his woman. Why not tell your telemundo people to adopt our african culture too? Afterall you're African 
In the name of western civilization,women want to turn African men to fools,the romantic man to them is the man that washes pant and bra for them,the man that helps them carry their bag,if a man can't do all of that,he's not romantic and not a good husband and even if a man does all of that for you,the next thing is you take him for granted because he's too nice to you,next thing,because he's tolerant and supportive of anything you want,next thing you join politics and expect him to support you,next thing you start sleeping with co-politicians for political appointments and power and the husband,Mr Romantic becomes your houseboy,next thing you tell lies and file for divorce because you think you're superior to him cos you're sleeping with powerful people in the society. You can't telemundo us here. 

1 Like

Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by sinceraconcept(m): 9:01am On May 08, 2016
cococandy:
Dunce
then what are you? Ratchet
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by SenatorJames(m): 9:43am On May 08, 2016
I don't know that this woman is full of stuff like this, though it may not align fully with biblical teaching but it is a bitter truth.
Re: ''Marriage Is Not By Force'' - Adaeze Yobo's To Women In Abusive Marriages by bukatyne(f): 1:07pm On May 08, 2016
ikupakuti:

...and i would want to ask her, if marriage is not by force like she stated...why did she fight off other women for the ‘CROWN OF MRS. YOBO‘ ?

Adaeze is not against marriage; afteral, she is still married.

She fought for the crown of Mrs and will remain married UNTIL Joseph starts to display serious behaviours she did not bargain for and can no longer cope it.

Not everyone who is against bullshot in marriage is against marriage.

Two different things.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Those Artistes That Bad-Mouth Wizkid Are The Ones Showing Him Love Now - Mr Eazi / Check Out Terryg's New Ridiculous Hair Style Which He Calls, 'swagalazito' / Patoranking Looking Dapper In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.