Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri (52157 Views)

Soldiers Attack Journalists In Umuahia, Destroy Properties / President Buhari Prays With Osinbajo, Okorocha And Others (Photo) / Okorocha And His Wife Pictured With Zahra Buhari & Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by customercare05: 11:26pm On May 07, 2016
abeg,he go better make gov do sumtin abt dem oo
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by Abinupesi(m): 11:31pm On May 07, 2016
[img][/img]what is going on in Nigeria now a day'swhat is going on in Nigeria now a day'swhat is going on in Nigeria now a day's
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by Osiphibs: 11:48pm On May 07, 2016
Who will bail the cat out off the cage
5starmilitant:
They're his brothers na, who doesn't know rochAss Ibrahim OkorAwusa is a northerner?
I no longer eat cow meat anymore because a lot of havocs has been committed because of these cows.

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by nkemdi89(f): 11:51pm On May 07, 2016
It's not only there even owerri aba road, ndi imo don't have problems with them, we accommodate all because we have liberal mind. Most of the top government functionaries have herds of cows and they hire the fulanis to rear it for them.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by Nobody: 12:03am On May 08, 2016
macaranta:
A feel of what other commuters do encounter..but I'm sure he won't fuss bout it for he is an OKoro Hausa (whatever that means)
why don't u pray for common sense though is not common in your village.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by Abagworo(m): 12:06am On May 08, 2016
SKAMM:
if not that #fulaniherdsmen is trending recently would this have made the news?

Anyway FTc..

It has always been like this but some evil people around us want to create crisis from it.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by AmAlbert(m): 12:11am On May 08, 2016
Krismart:
This is for Okorocha

Kikikiki Kikikikikikikikakakakakakaka grin grin grin
Nnyapa...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by Bobandgreat: 12:56am On May 08, 2016
AnanseK:
I have not seen even one herdsman in that picture.

Since Jonathan lost the election some people are desperately itching for a showdown , whether through declaration of a new country or though herdsmen they must scuttle the government and country . They will not accept peaceful settlement of issues through law and order and collective positive effort..
I hope superior minds from all parts agree and work to move the country forward.

What use will be ur superior mind when a dullard has the final say. Do u aspire to be Osinbade.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by tammie24: 1:15am On May 08, 2016
greatness22:
When you're dinning with the devil, expect nothing less than, embarassement, anguish, sadness and madness.

Okorocha, you brought this upon urself. So, enjoy it. wink
not just himself unfortunately
A many others has to suffer cos of his stupidity!!!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by Ablitmuspaper(m): 1:20am On May 08, 2016
he dt fetches ant infested firewood invites d lizard to dine wit him
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by bayinq25(m): 3:49am On May 08, 2016
greatness22:
When you're dinning with the devil, expect nothing less than, embarassement, anguish, sadness and madness.

accommodation or dialogue with fulanis is now dinning with the devil.Yet you wish ibos and other Southern tribes should be accepted up north?Too bad.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by adimsmt: 6:22am On May 08, 2016
Osu175:
Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Gov. Okorocha, Journalists in Owerri.
May 7, 2016

We don't need bill for grazing all we need is ranching bill. So if federal government don't want to go that route let each state have there own laws. It's high time we stop rearing animals in the open.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by wanimo: 7:07am On May 08, 2016
But the military under Buratai massacred over 300 Shiite Muslims for obstructing his movement. Nigeria is a dying huge scam.

A new country is about to be born. Freedom is at hand
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by Nobody: 7:42am On May 08, 2016
rollywise:
This is way too much! I'm not Ibo but I'm highly disappointed at the Ibos in that state cos I know the ibos as those who don't compromise when it comes to their religion or faith as I have never seen an ibo/Muslim. You can't try this as a non indigene in any northern state and now they do it to the number one citizen of the state and went scot free, then why won't the ordinary citizens be slaughtered overnight.
Just stop spreading hate. Cows crossed the road and you are here inciting violence. Is there an account of violence in the story?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by chigoizie7(m): 7:55am On May 08, 2016
Galadimat:
I'll first off give kudos to d amiable governor of Anambra,
AKPOKUODIKE GLOBAL, for d wisdom he employed in
tackling herdsmen nd farmers issues- according to d committee he set
up, dey insist dat villagers nd herdsmen shld bring their grievances to d
committee nd anyone found wanting will pay for damages. Not wen
ur cows destroys some1's farm, witout pleas for compensation u
branded a dagger nd on d process d person got killed nd his kinsmen
will come nd wipe out d whole village. This is d situation on ground,
our elders or leaders made mistake to only look after things that benefit
dem nd dia families without caring abt constituencies, state, and Nigeria whom dey represent at whole. All dis issue abt herdsmen ought to be sorted out long ago but no one cares cos dia interest is self enrichment. At dis point in time I expect our youths to have known dis nd take d war directly to dem. All this insult, hate nd whatever we display on NAIRALAND shows dat our own generation will be worse than what we have now. I thought dis youth of 21st century have something upstairs but mbanu, Nigeria no good den wot is ur contribution toward making it better?

Nice write up,

U are 100% correct here bro.

But i am sorry to say this.

"Train a child in the way s/he should go and when s/he is old, they will never depart from it"

This current and past leaders of nigeria never taught the younger generation any good thing. There is absolutely nothing good to emulate from past and present leaders.

They have set a precidence for the younger generation, that for u to prosper and be someone in live, u have to be corrupt or u have to walk tru the back door.

The government, law enforcement agencies, have taught the younger generation that going tru the right door doesnt work these days.

A friend of mine was kidnapped few days ago, his car was seen, in a bid to alert the police so as to recover the vehicle, i was charged so much amont of money, also to make offial complaints, i was charged another huge amount.

Nevertheless,we must strive to make things right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by Nobody: 8:18am On May 08, 2016
WHERE ARE THOSE Igbos NAIRALAND GANGSTARS THIS IS NOT MILE 12. EVEN YOUR GOVERNOR CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT FULANI AHAHAHAH. SO YOUR GOVERNOR SELF FEAR CUTLASS!!! ALL THESE IGBO GUYS, NA ONLY MOUTH UNA GET.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by obailala(m): 8:19am On May 08, 2016
greatness22:

GWMI:
What a world we live in.Karma does really work fast this days
.Okorochas you are reaping what you sow.Thanks.
All these jonathanians sef.... did fulani herdsmen start walking with cattle on the road in 2015 when buhari won the election?.... or did the herdsmen stop walking on the road when gej was president?.... na everything una dey turn to politics?... what does this age long tradition of herdsmen blocking the road have to do with gej vs buhari or rochas or karma?

Make una try to dey use that thing wey dey inside una skull sometimes abeg. You are all letting this election loss trauma get on the way of your sensible reasoning.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by lastpage: 8:20am On May 08, 2016
greatness22:

Blame your Senators!

or what does it take to pass a Law that says: "No one should roam Cattle within City-limits"? Otherwise such cattle should be confisticated and destroyed"? .

This should be started and replicated at all "state-level".

I think Fayose would be the first to pass such law. grin grin

When there is no law against an action, then such action, no matter how bad, becomes legal".

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by DaBullIT(m): 8:36am On May 08, 2016
Held up for hour over less than 30 cows

We smell propaganda
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by Bobandgreat: 9:01am On May 08, 2016
Osiphibs:
Who will bail the cat out off the cage

Not the proper saying bros. Who will bell the cat.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by longayink: 10:21am On May 08, 2016
Lol,
One day Fulani go block this Nigeria from making any movement until what Fulani wants is done.

Nigerians were most crazy when they elected Buhari president of Nigeria.

Buhari is the most unrepentant proponent of Fulani religious expansionism and nationalism alive.

The first places Buhari visited after becoming president of Nigeria were Chad and Niger Republics where his fellow Fulanis are in very large numbers.

Lack of proper information for the masses made Nigerians vote Buhari president.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by USB4: 12:16pm On May 08, 2016
WHY ANY GRAZING BILL MUST BE STOPPED:-

The stoy is told of how King Yunfa, the Hausa Sarkin in Gobir (now called Sokoto) hosted a Fulani immigrant called Usman Dan Fodiyo and his group in February 1804, as a result of this and since 1808 the whole of the northern region lost its kingdoms and were replaced by Fulani emirates.

King Yunfa is said to have been killed in 1808 and the Fulani warrior (Usman Dan Fodiyo) established Sokoto caliphate, making himself Sultan.

Gradually, other Hausa kingdoms were pillaged and taken over by the Fulani emirs. The ethnic groups in the core north were the first victims of Fulani imperialism, a venture that occurred because the people were given access to grazing land as a result of the hospitality of the hosts.

They however failed to overrun the Bornu kingdom, so the Shehu of Bornu remains paramount till today!

The Afonja dynasty compromised by allowing a Fulani warrior known as Janta Alimi to settle in Ilorin, the Fulani guerrillas killed Afonja in 1824

And Ilorin, a Yoruba town under the Oyo empire, fell into Fulani hands, becoming an emirate under Sokoto caliphate till today! Even the attempts of the O'odua People's Congress (OPC) to revert to status quo ante and crown an Onilorin of Ilorin became an exercise in futility.

The Yoruba warriors got wise and defeated the Fulani jihadists in Osogbo in 1840, if this didn't happen there would most likely have been Fulani "emirs" as rulers in Oyo Alaafin, Ibadan, Owo, Osogbo, Ede, Ado, and Igede Ekiti today!

If the Bini Kingdom did not fight and repel the jihadists, they would have penetrated the Edo/Delta region beyond the present day Edo North Senatorial District which gave in and allowed the jihadists to overrun & islamize them.

Along with some ignorant folk most of them are now angling for grazing areas and a corridor through the entire federation. These grazing areas will in future become Fulani settlements, later commmunities and finally local government areas with elected officials.
If you think I am being alarmist look towards the once beautiful and serene Middle Belt state of Plateau.

The exact same thing happened in Jos.

Therefore, it will not be farfetched to conclude that the Fulani herdsmen are pawns in an agenda to overrun all towns in Nigeria! So that we will have emirs in Owerri, Enugu, Benin, Agatu, Abeokuta and other towns where FG creates "grazing reserves" for Fulani herdsmen!

If Yunfa didn't accommodate Fodio and his warlike immigrants from Futatoro, Hausa sarkins would be ruling today in the north!

And if Afonja didn't conspire with Alimi, a Yoruba kingdom would not have been ruled by Alimi's offspring till today!

It is a subtle continuation of the 1804 Fulani jihad by the fully-armed and protected Fulani herdsmen with an age-old agenda to overrun and Islamize the whole of Nigeria very quickly.

I will end this with what someone rightly said- "The grazing bill is not an attempt to solve the problem, it's a subterfuge to progress the agenda"

It's an age-old political strategy really- ..create a problem, come up with a "solution" that advances the cause, and then give it a legal backing.
Make it look like a win-win situation.

Be as wise as serpents....
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by rollywise(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2016
Leyelanre:

Just stop spreading hate. Cows crossed the road and you are here inciting violence. Is there an account of violence in the story?

Y don't you look before you talk Did you see any cow in that picture Even if they were cows, does that make it right? I served in the north and or girls dare not wear sleeveless clothes else they be stoned. Don't even get me angrier!!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 08, 2016
Why didn't they open fire on his convoy? World's most useless governor angry angry
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 08, 2016
nkemdi89:
It's not only there even owerri aba road, ndi imo don't have problems with them, we accommodate all because we have liberal mind. Most of the top government functionaries have herds of cows and they hire the fulanis to rear it for them.

I believe the photo on your profile was taken in Govt Lodge Owerri so i am not surprised by your comment!
Don't go and advise your "top government functionaries" to set up ranches where they can rear their own cows like farmers are now doing in Anambra State! Wait ooo...Am i giving this kind of advise to Ndi Imo? Ndi Sabo were onye ugwu awusa tinye n'oche ochichi? I just wasted time!

Liberal mind my foot!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 08, 2016
AnanseK:
I have not seen even one herdsman in that picture.

Since Jonathan lost the election some people are desperately itching for a showdown , whether through declaration of a new country or though herdsmen they must scuttle the government and country . They will not accept peaceful settlement of issues through law and order and collective positive effort..
I hope superior minds from all parts agree and work to move the country forward.

But at least, you saw your fellow cows ba?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by nkemdi89(f): 4:12pm On May 08, 2016
ilawanson44:

I believe the photo on your profile was taken in Govt Lodge Owerri so i am not surprised by your comment!
Don't go and advise your "top government functionaries" to set up ranches where they can rear their own cows like farmers are now doing in Anambra State! Wait ooo...Am i giving this kind of advise to Ndi Imo? Ndi Sabo were onye ugwu awusa tinye n'oche ochichi? I just wasted time!

Liberal mind my foot!
The points here is the people and the government, an average owerri man doesn't like to join issues instead they believe in their pen more than sword, secondly the government encourages the normads to move around and there has always been a peaceful Co existence between them. I am neither in support nor against the government of owelle rochas, we are in a democratic setting whereby it's pertinent as citizens for us to express our views on issues bothering our wellbeing and security in order for the smooth running of governance.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Obstruct Okorocha And Journalists In Owerri by OgeneUkwenu(f): 1:13pm On May 09, 2016
Okoroawusa!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Being Chauffeured In Benz, Dines With Atiku / Soldiers Arrest Boko Haram Financier (photos) / Protesters Attack El-rufai's Convoy With Stone,destroys His Cars.el-rufai Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.