Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,354 members, 7,826,387 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. (26481 Views)

NASA Launches Parker Solar Probe For Historic Mission To The Sun (Photos) / A Halo (Rainbow Around A Sun) In Kaduna, Nigeria (Photos) / Amazing Halos Of The Sun Captured By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by FuckTheM0ds(m): 11:55pm On May 08, 2016
duketunde:
Some people will still unknowingly stare at the sun o, it begins around mid-day and will last for 7 hour plus
we for naija go see am? Or na abroad people alone
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 08, 2016
I'd like to look at it too. smiley

Might be able to scan humans regardless of if they're on clothes afterwards. grin.

I will look! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by iameugene(m): 12:00am On May 09, 2016
Scatterscatter:
Still some people will say there is no God. The universe isn't operating randomly or by error, everything is planned by the creator "Almighty God"

Tcheeeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by lifezone247(m): 12:05am On May 09, 2016
Scatterscatter:
Still some people will say there is no God. The universe isn't operating randomly or by error, everything is planned by the creator "Almighty God"
we talking science, you talking religion, na true say u be scatterscatter. undecided
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Nyaknor(m): 12:07am On May 09, 2016
Correct.... if i see blood of J drink tomorrow i go turn immortal...... #Mercurywonder.
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Scatterscatter(m): 12:14am On May 09, 2016
we talking science, you talking religion, na true say u be scatterscatter. undecided[/quote]
Science points always to God. Even the greatest scientists belive there is a creator so bruv, I'm referring to the creator of heaven and earth not any religion

2 Likes

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Tweetbright(m): 12:24am On May 09, 2016
Abeg create space for me, i dey come with basin and water so dat i fit see wetin they happen in HD

3 Likes

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by pedrilo: 12:31am On May 09, 2016
OVA200:
And i get exam by 2pm tomorrow.
wat is the correlation between the transit of mercury across the Planet and ur exams tomoro?

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by ridwanayo(m): 12:37am On May 09, 2016
Grabs sunshade,run outside,am gonna keep vigil outside so ill be d first person too look at it,wanna use my eye to disvirgin it first b4 anybody :DGrabs sunshade,run outside,am gonna keep vigil outside so ill be d first person too look at it,wanna use my eye to disvirgin it first b4 anybody
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by ridwanayo(m): 12:40am On May 09, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
we for naija go
see am? Or na abroad people alone

You are d one using d name of my of my 2nd nairlanad acct(fuckDmods) if I catch u eh- will make u look at d sun throughout tomorrow cool
FuckTheM0ds:
we for naija go
see am? Or na abroad people alone

You are d one using d name of my of my 2nd nairlanad acct(fuckDmods) if I catch u eh- will make u look at d sun throughout tomorrow
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by haykinzo007(m): 12:46am On May 09, 2016
BabaNath:
Op. We wee nor take it. Is it your stare? Abeg shift make I look awa sun jor
lwkmd..Nigerians no truly dey hear word, abeg come tell me as e be when u look your sun finish grin
BabaNath:
lwkmd..Nigerians no truly dey hear word, abeg come tell me as e be when u look your sun finish
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by haykinzo007(m): 12:46am On May 09, 2016
BabaNath:
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by TaiKuun(m): 12:49am On May 09, 2016
bobo
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:11am On May 09, 2016
fkpboss:
Taarh...some Nigerians will still stare at it
Like me! I must watch it!
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by sureprince(m): 1:27am On May 09, 2016
Oya make we come use water in bucket see this one...lol
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Lawcurrent(m): 1:42am On May 09, 2016
thank you scientist I will be outside to see the tiny object, meanwhile who scientific discovery Don epp
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Nobody: 2:06am On May 09, 2016
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by brajy(m): 2:36am On May 09, 2016
I hope it happened!
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Raphaelgreg040(m): 2:52am On May 09, 2016
How strong will the view be in nigeria
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by dauntless15(m): 2:59am On May 09, 2016
interesting, the warning not to look at it, is the more reason why I'll look at it, this is too good to miss, this kind of stuff only affects the white folks not nigerians whos daily life is a struggle

2 Likes

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by goingape: 3:00am On May 09, 2016
duketunde:
What you need to Know as the incredibly rare celestial event which will see Mercury appear in front of our home star.

This rare astronomical event which occurs just 13 times each century will pass in front on the sun tomorrow Monday May 9, 2016. But it's not one of those event you rush out to view, because anyone who stares at the sun as the tiny black spot makes its journey past the sun risk permanent damage to their eyesight.

This relatively tiny planet will begin its journey past the sun at just after midday in most parts of the world.

It will then be visible as a tiny black spot as it spends 7.5 hours "transiting" our parent star.

According to NASA "Due to its diminutive size, viewing this event safely requires a telescope or high-powered binoculars fitted with solar filters made of specially-coated glass or Mylar."

The transit of Mercury will be observable across the whole of Western Europe, South America, the eastern part of North America, West Africa, and the western region of North Africa.

Mercury is the planet which is closest to the sun and is named after the famous "winged messenger" of Roman mythology.

See the transit path of the celestial event below:

- http://www.duketundesblog.com/2016/05/the-dangers-of-staring-at-sun-as.html#sthash.zCyD7Pwt.dpuf
the world is coming to an end very soon!

repent yee people of unrepented heart for ya days will be the tribulation of this earth for terror will be yee nightmare
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by ChiefCommander(m): 4:14am On May 09, 2016
duketunde:
Only God know what our space agency is doing not sensitizing Nigerians...other countries are providing special glasses and telescope...Naija we noh even know embarassed
Do we have one? ...it'd be one of those parastatals that have perfected their figure head roles over the years! Anyway, they once gave us a telecast of NIGCOM sat 1 video games during the OBJ era! Naijan the. Scam depot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by optional1(f): 4:46am On May 09, 2016
How will those in d village know all this, abeg 4get dat tin nufin go happen.
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by rosyandchic(f): 5:02am On May 09, 2016
op thanks for this great information
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by neoboss: 5:42am On May 09, 2016
ERCROSS:
I will look at it
grin
reading my ikebe super n watcing u
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by stubbornman(m): 5:55am On May 09, 2016
*spreads mat and waits for sun* its not up to you to tell us not to look at the sun, it is our right angry
I'll observe the sun today... I may have to opt my work today
but its not Sunday.....

I yam stubbornman

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by SupaC(m): 6:40am On May 09, 2016
Not to look at the sun? This is as interesting as it gets.
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by olarhtunji(m): 6:41am On May 09, 2016
if I hear say I no look
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by Liamm(m): 6:48am On May 09, 2016
La no look la turn to simcard....
Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by FuckTheM0ds(m): 6:49am On May 09, 2016
ridwanayo:

You are d one using d name of my of my 2nd nairlanad acct(fuckDmods) if I catch u eh- will make u look at d sun throughout tomorrow cool

You are d one using d name of my of my 2nd nairlanad acct(fuckDmods) if I catch u eh- will make u look at d sun throughout tomorrow
i know fuckDmods. Nairaland mods don follow show you hot pepper?

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. by imoke1(m): 7:01am On May 09, 2016
Who is like unto thee o God among the gods who is like thee?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo) / Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother / Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.