Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Herdsmen Attack: How Nigerian Newspapers Mislead Readers With Foreign Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Attack: How Nigerian Newspapers Mislead Readers With Foreign Photos (24905 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Nindem, Southern Kaduna (Viewers' Discretion) / Before They Mislead President Buhari: Dele Momodu / Panama Papers: Falana Wants Public Officials With Foreign Accounts Tried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Attack: How Nigerian Newspapers Mislead Readers With Foreign Photos by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:39pm On May 09, 2016
My friend Macof, have you read this report?
Re: Herdsmen Attack: How Nigerian Newspapers Mislead Readers With Foreign Photos by cktheluckyman: 1:42pm On May 09, 2016
kaeforum:
I have always said that theres no such thing as journalism again.

Our press men are just glorified printers and copy cats.

No more investigative journalism again, imagine , Journalist in naija expect untrained audience to gather news, and videos for them.

they don't even authenticate news again. its all about copy and past journalism.

I blame Internet for this trend sha, all we have are arm chair journalist who aren't informed about happenings in their local environment.

Thy misinform their audience and spread unnecessary hate and ignorance to the public and society. sad

Are you trying to say the reported killings didn't occur simple because the journalists didn't use the actual pics of the nigerian fulani herdsmen? Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attack: How Nigerian Newspapers Mislead Readers With Foreign Photos by Orikinla(m): 2:19pm On May 09, 2016
[size=18pt]JUDE OWUAMANAM, of THE PUNCH: For instance, where do Fulani herdsmen get the guns they go about with these days?

Alhaji Mohammed Nuru Abdullahi, the Chairman of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association in Plateau State,:
You can equally ask the farmers where they are getting their own guns from. This is purely the fault of the government. When government cannot defend the citizens, they are forced to seek help elsewhere. Guns are traded in the open market and with the country’s porous borders; anybody can buy an AK 47 across the border. So it is futile to ask where they are getting the guns from.[/size]
https://www.nairaland.com/3091341/buhari-allowing-other-ethnic-groups

[size=18pt]See video of https://www.nairaland.com/3091341/buhari-allowing-other-ethnic-groups
http://citynews.ng/shocking-video-fulani-herdsmen-caught-on-camera-flaunting-their-ak-47-guns-i/[/size]

Re: Herdsmen Attack: How Nigerian Newspapers Mislead Readers With Foreign Photos by DTaj: 2:59pm On May 09, 2016
malton:
Chief among them is vanguard!

You are so correct!

Since CBN Governor Sanusi sacked their 'favored bank CEOs', thereby stopping Vanguard from raking millions of Naira from awards "bought" by the CEOs during the bogus Vanguard Annual Banking Awards, that newspaper has started a media war against Northerners (especially Muslim Northerners).

Their angst was complete when another 'favored son', Jonathan, was defeated by a party founded by mainly Northerners and Yoruba, with few Igbo people! All hell was let loose by Vanguard on the North.

That newspaper does not even hide the agenda!

I only pity Uncle Sam Amuka Pepple, the publisher, a very upright man!

His newspaper has been hijacked by bigots, tribal zealots, and cynical demagogues!
Re: Herdsmen Attack: How Nigerian Newspapers Mislead Readers With Foreign Photos by Mbediogu(m): 3:05pm On May 09, 2016
alatbaba1:
Nah today? E don ___

True or false photo journalism, the fulani actions speak for themselves everywhere they have been. You don't need mirror to view what you have in your hands.
Re: Herdsmen Attack: How Nigerian Newspapers Mislead Readers With Foreign Photos by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:26pm On May 09, 2016
embarassed
Re: Herdsmen Attack: How Nigerian Newspapers Mislead Readers With Foreign Photos by Chimighty007(m): 7:40pm On May 09, 2016
omenka:

Mo, here's what I wrote in that article of mine days ago:

Can we see what I was saying?? The two pictures I was referring to incidentally are what is being shown here! I knew something was wrong with the pics.

They all have guns AK47 for that matter, some of them even helped during our communal crisis in Delta state...they also attacked some communities maimed, raped, killed and destroyed farmers and their farms. A lady who buys cow from them was invited to inspect and buy cow in the bush and they stabbed her and collected her money but the presence of a tapper scared them from killing her completely

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, Others Pray For Yusuf Buhari's Quick Recovery At Friday Jumat / What Nigerians Think About Saraki Joining Presidential Race / NLC Threatens Nation’s Shutdown After Bloody Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.