Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu (8991 Views)

Amaechi Responsible For Dividing APC - Magnus Abe / Atiku Meets North-east PDP, Says Buhari Dividing Nigeria Along Ethnic, Religion / APC Has Succeeded In Dividing Nigeria – Wike Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:49am On May 09, 2016
uduak2016:

You are a big dummy...very big one indeed. People are lumped together based on culture, bloodline, ancestry and geography/borders. Edo shares all of these lumping parameters with SW than any other region. SW and Edo share Obas....this didn't just happened, it took yrs of assimilation and interactions for this to happen. I don't need witch doctor to tell me that Oshiomole or Anenih have yoruba ancestry...you can tell easily by their looks and culture. You don't need someone to tell you that Asaba and Port Harcourt are Igbo regions...this is evident if you go there! Likewise with Akwa Ibom and Cross River, we share culture, language, bloodline, ancestry, food and geography more with SE states and Rivers than others...common sense v is we just remain with this people otherwise you are creating serious confusion and possible friction in the future again.
it's your father that's a big dummy. Have you been to Edo before opening your stupid mouth to vomit rubbish. Edos have more in common with the Urhobos, Itsekiris, Ijaws and some part of Anioma land. They only SW states that shares something in common with Edo is Lagos. There's only one oba in SW and it's in Lagos. No other part of Yoruba land has an Oba. There's even an Oba in Ogbaland in Rivers and the people of Degema and some parts of Bayelsa has Edoid stock and origin in them cos they're bilingual in nature. If you don't have anything to say shut up or better still travel or use Google instead displaying your ignorance here.

2 Likes

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by LoveMachine(m): 8:49am On May 09, 2016
meccuno:
please,people have been taking about the lands igbos lost to rivers from imo and abia states. But I don't know about the land in benue state....please can you explain that to me?

During some state creations there where some communities that got annexed away from the SE.
http://thenationonlineng.net/agony-igbos-benue/
http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/forgotten-igbo-communities-in-benue/

tysontim:

No that is part of the compromise, besides Benue won't have to be Afraid as they have their own region free from the core North

That's unfortunate. After I read what they are going through my heart bleeds for them. They need to be brought back into the fold if the local govt won't carry them along.
Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by MotherConfesor(f): 8:49am On May 09, 2016
Divide the country mhen...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by tysontim(m): 9:10am On May 09, 2016
LoveMachine:

During some state creations there where some communities that got annexed away from the SE.
http://thenationonlineng.net/agony-igbos-benue/
http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/forgotten-igbo-communities-in-benue/

That's unfortunate. After I read what they are going through my heart bleeds for them. They need to be brought back into the fold if the local govt won't carry them along.

Igbos in Benue should take heart, once Regions are created their sufferings will be over that is d plan
Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by SirDorianGray(m): 9:11am On May 09, 2016
Edo should be with the Yorubas tho.
Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by chikel2000(m): 9:13am On May 09, 2016
tysontim:

Granted the Yoruba's do not always side with the rest of the South, but I believe they are intelligent enough. Besides every one is tired of the problems Nigeria is facing even the Yorubas. What Nigeria need is economic progress and every will soon forget ethnicity
Exactly
Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Nobody: 9:16am On May 09, 2016
SirDorianGray:
Have you been to Edo before opening your silly mouth to vomit rubbish. Edos have more in common with the Urhobos, Itsekiris, Ijaws and some part of Anioma land. They only SW states that shares something in common with Edo is Lagos. There's only one oba in SW and it's in Lagos. No other part of Yoruba land has an Oba. There's even an Oba in Ogbaland in Rivers and the people of Degema and some parts of Bayelsa has Edoid stock and origin in them cos they're bilingual in nature. If you don't have anything to say shut up or better still travel or use Google instead displaying your ignorance here.

2 Likes

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by ki02020(m): 9:29am On May 09, 2016
tysontim:

If this your proposal is the one we are talking about then say by by to regionalization, Hausas Igbod and Yorubas won't agree to this. You don't know politics so I'll forgive you. People who are seasoned politicians wrote the 6 regions the states will be in. It is done in such a way that no region will have all the major oil producing states, so that they will be a level playing field for all.

Putting all the major oil producing states in one region is a no, no for the rest of Nigeria. My brother it will take politics to achieve this and politics is all about compromise.

And why should everything be about oil...is oil the only means of survival

1 Like

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by SirDorianGray(m): 9:37am On May 09, 2016
osabuohein:
Have you been to Edo before opening your silly mouth to vomit rubbish. Edos have more in common with the Urhobos, Itsekiris, Ijaws and some part of Anioma land. They only SW states that shares something in common with Edo is Lagos. There's only one oba in SW and it's in Lagos. No other part of Yoruba land has an Oba. There's even an Oba in Ogbaland in Rivers and the people of Degema and some parts of Bayelsa has Edoid stock and origin in them cos they're bilingual in nature. If you don't have anything to say shut up or better still travel or use Google instead displaying your ignorance here.

Do you've to be rude tho?
Edo was part of the old Western Region in 1960, hence my comment. Have a nice day Goat.

1 Like

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Nobody: 9:40am On May 09, 2016
SirDorianGray:

Do you've to be rude tho?
Edo was part of the old Western Region in 1960, hence my comment. Have a nice day Goat.
mumu. Your father goat. I hate it when ignorant who know nothing about Edo will start aligning Edos and yorubas that have nothing in common. Do you also realise that Delta was also part of that Mid Western Region too?

1 Like

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by SirDorianGray(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2016
osabuohein:
mumu. Your father goat. I hate it when ignorant who know nothing about Edo will start aligning Edos and yorubas that have nothing in common. Do you also realise that Delta was also part of that Mid Western Region too?

Well, we can all guess the kinda home you're from

1 Like

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Nobody: 9:48am On May 09, 2016
SirDorianGray:

likewise you.
Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by ki02020(m): 9:57am On May 09, 2016
SirDorianGray:

osabuohein:
likewise you.

If we the people can't agree on this matter how do we now expect our politicians to agree

Menhhhhh this is annoying
Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Ugomba(m): 9:59am On May 09, 2016
Edo state will join the Western Region because Edos and Yorubas are one.
They are just SS by name.
My Anioma wij join any political restructurf zone that have our other Igbo brothers.

6 Likes

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Ugomba(m): 10:03am On May 09, 2016
osabuohein:
it's your father that's a big dummy. Have you been to Edo before opening your stupid mouth to vomit rubbish. Edos have more in common with the Urhobos, Itsekiris, Ijaws and some part of Anioma land. They only SW states that shares something in common with Edo is Lagos. There's only one oba in SW and it's in Lagos. No other part of Yoruba land has an Oba. There's even an Oba in Ogbaland in Rivers and the people of Degema and some parts of Bayelsa has Edoid stock and origin in them cos they're bilingual in nature. If you don't have anything to say shut up or better still travel or use Google instead displaying your ignorance here.
they just changed it to oba recently, it was Eze Of Ogbaland before and Ogbas are not benin by ancestry but product of an Igbo reverse migration from Benin empire just like Onitcha and Eze Chime.

2 Likes

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Nobody: 10:04am On May 09, 2016
[quote author=uduak2016 post=45448044]Now let's dissect the lumping. Look at the map before I begin...So you want to lump Akwa Ibom, Cross River, and then fly over Rivers and other SE states to then add Bayelsa and Edo? Is this how regions are created? What is the relationship in culture, blood/ancestry and geography/borders between Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers and Edo, or even Bayelsa? NONE; besides we don't share borders with these people....you are trying to fly over Rivers and SE states to lump us with these people we don't know? May thunder strike you there. Nonsense!

When you choose to lump people together it's based on culture, bloodline, ancestry and geographical proximity as in borders...when it comes to all of these, Akwa Ibom and Cross River are more related and better lumped with SE states and Rivers...this is common sense if you look at the map! Edo share border with SW states and culture, so they should be lumped with SW...this is common sense!

Edo share border with SW states and culture, so they should be lumped with SW...this is common sense!

If you ve nothing good to say about Edo then leave matter
We are not for yr kind to lump, for ,we are blue blood.
We remember well the map of old midwest region OGA SIR

long live
Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Nobody: 10:06am On May 09, 2016
ki02020:

If we the people can't agree on this matter how do we now expect our politicians to agree

Menhhhhh this is annoying
tell him to stop aligning or lumping me and my people with yorubas. We share nothing in common. Yorubas are yorubas while Edos are Edos. The only area that has links with yorubas are those from akoko edo cos they share boundaries with Ondo and they're yorubas by origin. Except that nothing links me with a yoruba man. I have more in common with Urhobos, Itsekiris, Ijaws and some part of Anioma land due to exchange of culture and proximity.

2 Likes

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Nobody: 10:09am On May 09, 2016
Ugomba:
they just changed it to oba recently, it was Eze Of Ogbaland before and Ogbas are not benin by ancestry but product of an Igbo reverse migration from Benin empire just like Onitcha and Eze Chime.
I wont dispute anything you've said but some of your igbo people should stop lumping Edos and yorubas. We share nothing in common. The only area that has anything to do with yorubas are those from akoko edo cos they're yorubas by origin and they share a boundary with Ondo. Except that nothing else. I have more in common with Urhobos, Itsekiris, some part of Anioma land and some parts of ijaw land and a fraction of Rivers (Degema).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by ridwanayo(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2016
uduak2016:

Don't mind him. You should know where he is from SW...causing confusion in Nigeria since 1914!

That dude is from edo,check his past comment,he is one hell of a senseless hater,but what's ur obsession with yoruba's,its childish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by cybertyrant(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2016
LoveMachine:
Will the eastern region reclaim the lost Igbo speaking areas of Benue?
at the bolded is wrong,cant you see ipob claiming lower benue
Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by ki02020(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2016
osabuohein:
tell him to stop aligning or lumping me and my people with yorubas. We share nothing in common. Yorubas are yorubas while Edos are Edos. The only area that has links with yorubas are those from akoko edo cos they share boundaries with Ondo and they're yorubas by origin. Except that nothing links me with a yoruba man. I have more in common with Urhobos, Itsekiris, Ijaws and some part of Anioma land due to exchange of culture and proximity.

Well am youruba...but I aslo get your point of view the same way some part of kwara and kogi will claim allegiance with youruba and hausa repectively ...but what will be your suggestion for those living in akoko edo should they be carve out of edo to ondo, will that be ok with you which will change the entire map of edo
Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by ridwanayo(m): 10:24am On May 09, 2016
Good idea,regionalism is gonna be great,all region would fend for themselve,it would even reduce tribalism,nd d idea of all politician rushing to abj would reduce
Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Nobody: 10:35am On May 09, 2016
ki02020:

Well am youruba...but I aslo get your point of view the same way some part of kwara and kogi will claim allegiance with youruba and hausa repectively ...but what will be your suggestion for those living in akoko edo should they be carve out of edo to ondo, will that be ok with you which will change the entire map of edo
I don't care or give a damn if they carve akoko edo out of Edo state. What do they contribute to the IGR of Edo state anyway? My main point is that people should stop lumping Edos and yorubas together. Edos are Edos and yorubas are yorubas.
Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by ki02020(m): 10:39am On May 09, 2016
osabuohein:
I don't care or give a damn if they carve akoko edo out of Edo state. What do they contribute to the IGR of Edo state anyway? My main point is that people should stop lumping Edos and yorubas together. Edos are Edos and yorubas are yorubas.

Hmmm you don't care...guess you don't have the spirit for threads like this...it is not about emotions
Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by obailala(m): 11:00am On May 09, 2016
gidgiddy:

This is stale. The North will not allow regionalism in Nigeria because it simply does not favour them. Any attempt to introduce a bill at the National Assembly will be voted out by them with their numerical strenght. The unitary system of Government currently practiced in Nigeria allows the North to keep its strangle hold on the political life of Nigeria. Ojukwu went to Ghana to negotiate the same thing but the North could not stick to it, hence Ojukwu declared Biafra. The only two options are: Do what Yorubas have done which is to accept the status quo and northern domination or

Do what Igbos have done which is to agitate for a separate country.

Anyone who thinks there any options outside these two is just fooling him or her self
Forget the mythical northern numerical strength, the only thing that can make this possible is an alliance between the SW and SE and SS and the vast portions of the NC (middle-belt) that are sick and tired of Hausa-Fulani domination. Looking at it from a strategic point of view, it is not the north that hinders the actualisation of this, rather it is the foolishness of the SE and SW who keep fighting themselves (for no sensible reason) instead of teaming up (for just this cause) to restore regional rule. And regarding the gathering of 2/3rd majority, trust me, there are other ways to achieve things without a 2/3rd majority if and only if the groups involved are really determined.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Okekeni90(m): 11:59am On May 09, 2016
Bro it is the boundary area of enugu, ebonyi and benue. The land comprises of Oju and Obi local Government. Dats where i am from.
meccuno:
please,people have been taking about the lands igbos lost to rivers from imo and abia states. But I don't know about the land in benue state....please can you explain that to me?

1 Like

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Okekeni90(m): 12:18pm On May 09, 2016
Well said bro, i think people should make research about people's culture outside politics because homogeneous set of people as a nation is beta. We are made to beliv dat agbor, asaba, portharcourt is SS whereas dey are more related to SE while dey also say OJU and OBI people of Benue is North centre, pls hw are we related to dem wen our kinsmen are in ogoja in cross river
YourMrBoo:

You are an illiterate... How can you be using Nigeria's politicized geography in addressing your point.

Nigeria geopolitical zones are fraud.

Tell me if Anambra is more eastern than calabar, but that's what Nigeria politics make us to believe.

Go and study your map and make nice conclusions.

2 Likes

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by arcnomec(m): 12:32pm On May 09, 2016
Ugomba:

Don't come online and say what you don't know.I'm a native of Omoku in ogbaland,there is no such thing as Eze of ogbaland but OBA OF OGBALAND.Cause history account for our bloodline with the Benin's.So saying that it was recently changed is a slap on our traditional heritage.It has always and will forever be Oba of ogbaland.

1 Like

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Ugomba(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2016
arcnomec:

Don't come online and say what you don't know.I'm a native of Omoku in ogbaland,there is no such thing as Eze of ogbaland but OBA OF OGBALAND.Cause history account for our bloodline with the Benin's.So saying that it was recently changed is a slap on our traditional heritage.It has always and will forever be Oba of ogbaland.
so where did u people throw una bini language and names to? did your ancestors forgot it and begin to change it to Igbo name and dialect?
Even your Eze Egi or "Oba" have Igbotic names.
I repeat, Ogba history is a result of Igbo reverse migration from Benin, just like Eze Chime and Onitcha case.. The Ancient Benin was a cosmopolitan of many tribes.. As An Anioma/Delta Igbo guy, I have read about the Benin history.
Stop confusing yourself.
If you still doubt, Go and take a DNA TEST.
Ogbas are Igbos! Deep inside you, you know that! So stop living in identity crisis. FULLSTOP

10 Likes

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 09, 2016
jjj

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Instead Of Dividing Nigeria This Is Better -Ekweremadu by demslayerrz: 1:02pm On May 09, 2016
SirDorianGray:

God forbid bad thing, we have nothing in common with Edo abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Violates Own Constitution, Fails To Hold National Convention!! / Fiscal Federalism: Lagos Requests For 1% In Revenue Allocation Formula / Biafra Passport Valid & Accepted In Many Countries – MASSOB, Reveals Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.