Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 (19748 Views)

Buhari Said This While Signing Budget 2016 & What A Senator Said Abt It(pics / Budget 2016 Slashed From 500bn To 75bn / Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by phensbassey: 1:45pm On May 09, 2016
Lol I think this nija avengers group is lacking one thing
and the need there leader to resolve it. guys watch out for Nigeria(Avengers) Age of Destruction.....-see their leader below----

..CAPTAIN NIGERIA... ...

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by proeast(m): 1:46pm On May 09, 2016
LWKMD, where are the "there is a new sherif in town crew"? Una never see anything, some junkies were arguing that oil is no longer important, that it will finance only 13% of the budget, that we will diversify bla bla bla yet there is nothing on ground to support their argument. Agriculture is still at crude & subsistence level except efforts of some state governments like Anambra, Lagos & Ebonyi. Power supply is at all time low & firms running on generators. Fuel is scarce & very expensive yet some reta.rds are fooling themselves about imaginary diversification, chai if only wishes are horses beggars would ride! By the time the dullard completes 4 years on that seat, Nigeria be in coma.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by xwolverine: 1:59pm On May 09, 2016
rozayx5:

zombies think otherwise
in their mind they think ND is one forest called samibisa that you can surround roll tanks into and do damage. they forget the following facts
the ND is very large. there are thousands of km of pipelines. the avengers dont look like illiterates , they do deep sea diving and bomb underwate pipelines, sounds like they have marine engineers among them. they are very technical and rolling tanks into a swamp is not possible. sending soldiers into a swamp they know nothing about is bidding them farewell.

my uncle once described an attack on their navy vessel. he said the bullets came from everywhere they cud not see who to return the fire to. they own the swamps . they know it more than the NA .

ASK the US what happened in vietnam and you will know that the new sheriff in town crew are joking

You are very funny.

The US Vietnam war was fought by a foreign millitary against the Vietnam military, which at that time was a cold-war proxy war. Hence the support of the North Vietnamese military by the Soviets, Chinese, Cubans, North Korean and others. Not the same scenario with the Niger-Delta Avengers who are practically facing a military with their d1cks on their hands, they can not even be compared to the Boko Haram guys, who had a large expanse of land to their advantage. The Niger delta itself is not that big, and unlike in the dessert where you can dig tunnels to hide from the military drones, you can't do same in the creeks because of the makeup of the soil. They can't hide, the heat signature is more pronounced near water with thermal vision enabled kits.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by rozayx5(m): 2:07pm On May 09, 2016
xwolverine:

You are very funny.

The US Vietnam war was fought by a foreign millitary against the Vietnam military, which at that time was a cold-war proxy war. Hence the support of the North Vietnamese military by the Soviets, Chinese, Cubans, North Korean and others. Not the same scenario with the Niger-Delta Avengers who are practically facing a military with their d1cks on their hands, they can not even be compared to the Boko Haram guys, who had a large expanse of land to their advantage. The Niger delta itself is not that big, and unlike in the dessert where you can dig tunnels to hide from the military drones, you can't do same in the creeks because of the makeup of the soil. They can't hide, the heat signature is more pronounced near water with thermal vision enabled kits.

lol the ND is not big. that statement alone shows you know.nothing

before the govt offered amnesty they were no idiots. they know how much they lost

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by erico2k2(m): 2:14pm On May 09, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Oil dependency is not good.

Which brings me to this quote...

We have been here several times before. And the reason why the bombing is going on is because Nigeria has not spent enough on techincal education....since we can just import technical skills from outside the country with oyel money....meaning that a lot of our youths leave school with no marketable skills.That is why many of the are running into the bush and blowing things up..

We can no longer rely on oil. Time the government faced facts and spent more on power and transport in this budget .....even if it means taking loans....so that we can forget oil....and solve our youth, unemployment and other problems with innovation and technology.
Only if they the FG will agree
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by erico2k2(m): 2:23pm On May 09, 2016
wastedsperm:
The military should intensify the bombing of the creeks and ensure they level the SS if they meet firm resistance. We South westerners once fed the whole country with cocoa money before oil was discovered and we never resorted to economic sabotage. Wipe them out of the map. Nothing will happen angry
Ahah I dey laff in multiple language. But yoy ja e a point but do U think these greedy politicians will be able to bear non sharing of our oyel money for just 3 months??
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by Jediel1(m): 2:23pm On May 09, 2016
Aegon:
So in this case who is the dog? You?
I'm making a reference Zombie
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by erico2k2(m): 2:25pm On May 09, 2016
xwolverine:

You are very funny.

Where is the thermal imaging technology? We don't even have Night vision googles yet hehe.
I think you do not know what the ND swamp look like. You think these guys live in the swamp eh??
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by erico2k2(m): 2:28pm On May 09, 2016
Opharhe:
Ah ah! Bros na we we na... Edo state no get much as far as oil is concerned. I don't what the fuss ia all about; d tin no get much value again and dey wahala here and there. My people are even praying that the oil in their communities should dry up. The FG has it's blames, yes but Niger-Delta needs purposeful leadership to steer the society away from the excessive feeling of entitlement which is capable of causing a social disaster for us. Take Cross-River for example: they don't produce oil again(little if at all) since they lost some oil wells to Akwa-Ibom but look at what their state Govt. Is doing... We need that to be replicated throughout the region. May God help us.
The way to go is for every state to control it's resources and pay tax to the fg

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by xwolverine: 3:03pm On May 09, 2016
rozayx5:

lol the ND is not big. that statement alone shows you know.nothing

before the govt offered amnesty they were no idiots. they know how much they lost

It's quite disheartening to note that in the age of accessible information, the basic skill of comprehension is proving elusive to some.

I said: "they can not even be compared to the Boko Haram guys, who had a large expanse of land to their advantage. The Niger delta itself is not that big"

Boko haram like I said earlier, has access to 60,000 square kilometres or 23,000 square miles of Sambisa forest, which straddles four states in the North east, Yobe, Borno, Gombe and Bauchi. Plus cross-border access to Cameroon, Chad and Niger. Maybe you are trying to say that the ND is bigger than Sambisa plus parts of four countries.

Kindly enlighten me on how you would escape a foe with aerial power when you are surrounded by waters and fast crafts.

erico2k2:

Where is the thermal imaging technology? We don't even have Night vision goggles yet hehe.
I think you do not know what the ND swamp look like. You think these guys live in the swamp eh??

Nigeria infact has more than that on our ISR platforms, as far back as 2014 plus the arrival of CH4 drones late 2014 with precision munitions.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 09, 2016
osabuohein:
I'm from Edo and I'm in full support of the NDA. Let's see how the military will win this battle. No more free oil for hausa/fulani and their yoruba counterparts. These people are choking us in this country. Their demands are quite simple. PMB should negotiate with them or better still simply divide the rotten country. I'll even start mobilizing the youths in my community as soon as I return home to continue from where NDA stopped. I'll encourage them to start blowing up pipelines or oil installations in every oil producing area in Edo state.
Shut up, NDA don't care about you or Edo or ND as a all, ask urself happen to amnesty money fg gave to this militant b4? What is the duty of nddc? Is it to to develop the ND region? What has all the billions given to nddc? NDA is purely political motivated, they are angry because jona lost the last election, did the so call NDA just realize that fg has been cheating the nd region? Why was there no bombing last year or last two years. No sane nd person will go n bomb these facilities, the NDA are mad people who don't give a Bleep abt u, I pray the military kill them all.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by solibayo: 3:33pm On May 09, 2016
Your argument doesn't really hold up:

First the US forces in Vietnam were on a foreign soil thousands if not millions of miles from home and completely unaccustomed to the new terrain and also remember the viet-cong forces were backed by the US greatest adversary---Russia

Secondly the army has routed the ND before and not once from the military era to Obj's, only thing needed for effective offensive in that region is iron-clad resolve and will by the executive and army top hierachy to root out the miscreants as the military has all the personnel and technicalities to deal with them, only the seriousness of purpose has been lacking with idiotic politics in tow.

rozayx5:

zombies think otherwise
in their mind they think ND is one forest called samibisa that you can surround roll tanks into and do damage. they forget the following facts
the ND is very large. there are thousands of km of pipelines. the avengers dont look like illiterates , they do deep sea diving and bomb underwate pipelines, sounds like they have marine engineers among them. they are very technical and rolling tanks into a swamp is not possible. sending soldiers into a swamp they know nothing about is bidding them farewell.

my uncle once described an attack on their navy vessel. he said the bullets came from everywhere they cud not see who to return the fire to. they own the swamps . they know it more than the NA .

ASK the US what happened in vietnam and you will know that the new sheriff in town crew are joking
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by rozayx5(m): 3:39pm On May 09, 2016
solibayo:
Your argument doesn't really hold up:

First the US forces in Vietnam were on a foreign soil thousands if not millions of miles from home and completely unaccustomed to the new terrain and also remember the viet-cong forces were backed by the US greatest adversary---Russia

Secondly the army has routed the ND before and not once from the military era to Obj's, only thing needed for effective offensive in that region is iron-clad resolve and will by the executive and army top hierachy to root out the miscreants as the military has all the personnel and technicalities to deal with them, only the seriousness of purpose has been lacking with idiotic politics in tow.

the bolded shows you dont live in NIgeria or youve been sleeping

NEXT

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by stevnwigw: 4:17pm On May 09, 2016
wastedsperm:
The military should intensify the bombing of the creeks and ensure they level the SS if they meet firm resistance. We South westerners once fed the whole country with cocoa money before oil was discovered and we never resorted to economic sabotage. Wipe them out of the map. Nothing will happen angry
dumb post
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by emorse(m): 5:22pm On May 09, 2016
osabuohein:
I'm from Edo and I'm in full support of the NDA. Let's see how the military will win this battle. No more free oil for hausa/fulani and their yoruba counterparts. These people are choking us in this country. Their demands are quite simple. PMB should negotiate with them or better still simply divide the rotten country. I'll even start mobilizing the youths in my community as soon as I return home to continue from where NDA stopped. I'll encourage them to start blowing up pipelines or oil installations in every oil producing area in Edo state.

One thing you and your likes don't understand is this. The political elites are not poor people. If the economy dies, they won't die. At least not until after every single comments man is dead. My point is, its we at the bottom here that bear the brunt the most. Seeking the downfall if the President is like killing one's self to spite a loved one. After one's death, the loved one would miss him/her for a while and there after, LIFE GOES ON.

I think a better approach would be to criticise the president constructively or even coerce him to take measures that would benefit you and I. Know this. With each day that passes, we are one day closer to our graves. The sooner things get better, the more time we would have to live good lives.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by emorse(m): 5:42pm On May 09, 2016
erico2k2:

The way to go is for every state to control it's resources and pay tax to the fg

My guy, our leaders are the most greedy people on earth. I wonder what signs they have shown you to make you believe so much in resource control. We have NDDC, ND ministry, 13% derivation and our statutory allocation is about the highest in the country yet we keep complaining. We have been able to do next to nothing with what we have. If our leaders have been honest with us, we would be the most developed region by a thousand miles.

Let me assume you are a Christian and draw your attention to a story in the bible that told of a master who gave talents to his servants before embarking on a journey. Two of the servants worked with what they had and grew their portions. It was this that motivated the master to entrust them with more!

Our leaders have not proven to us that they can do that so entrusting them with more is just a way of giving them more to steal. I hope you get my point?

1 Like

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by erico2k2(m): 5:52pm On May 09, 2016
xwolverine:

It's quite disheartening to note that in the age of accessible information, the basic skill of comprehension is proving elusive to some.

I said: "they can not even be compared to the Boko Haram guys, who had a large expanse of land to their advantage. The Niger delta itself is not that big"

Boko haram like I said earlier, has access to 60,000 square kilometres or 23,000 square miles of Sambisa forest, which straddles four states in the North east, Yobe, Borno, Gombe and Bauchi. Plus cross-border access to Cameroon, Chad and Niger. Maybe you are trying to say that the ND is bigger than Sambisa plus parts of four countries.

Kindly enlighten me on how you would escape a foe with aerial power when you are surrounded by waters and fast crafts.

Nigeria infact has more than that on our ISR platforms, as far back as 2014 plus the arrival of CH4 drones late 2014 with precision munitions.
well I hope you are not one of those who claimed all the money for Arms where converted to YAMS for the goats lol, since we have all this.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by erico2k2(m): 5:55pm On May 09, 2016
emorse:

My guy, our leaders are the most greedy people on earth. I wonder what signs they have shown you to make you believe so much in resource control. We have NDDC, ND ministry, 13% derivation and our statutory allocation is about the highest in the country yet we keep complaining. We have been able to do next to nothing with what we have. If our leaders have been honest with us, we would be the most developed region by a thousand miles.

Let me assume you are a Christian and draw your attention to a story in the bible that told of a master who gave talents to his servants before embarking on a journey. Two of the servants worked with what they had and grew their portions. It was this that motivated the master to entrust them with more!

Our leaders have not proven to us that they can do that so entrusting them with more is just a way of giving them more to steal. I hope you get my point?
Me and you are the leaders, the LG would manage what they have and pay tax to the state govt, I know they politicians are all rotten but there comes a time when people would ask serious questions. This is the case in all advanced nations of the earth. But other states will excel in whatever they have as well then that story in the bible WOULD MANIFEST.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by biafransoul: 6:03pm On May 09, 2016
Dollyak:
Irrespective of anyone's political inclination there is no justification for this havoc. The response of this so called avengers is short sighted and counter productive for whatever cause they are promoting. Let them face the full wrath of the law.

Wish you made this kind of comment when innocent IPOB protesters were brutally murdered in cold blood; the same applies to the shites in Kaduna. Is the killing of those guys not a condemnable act? Bunch of hypocrites
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by emorse(m): 6:07pm On May 09, 2016
erico2k2:

Me and you are the leaders, the LG would manage what they have and pay tax to the state govt, I know they politicians are all rotten but there comes a time when people would ask serious questions. This is the case in all advanced nations of the earth. But other states will excel in whatever they have as well then that story in the bible WOULD MANIFEST.

Yeah. Ultimately, resource control would be the best option but until we are able to make the most of what we presently have, I think its too risky to ply that route. For the time being, let's us call our governors to order. Charity they say begins at home.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by emorse(m): 6:11pm On May 09, 2016
biafransoul:

Wish you made this kind of comment when innocent IPOB protesters were brutally murdered in cold blood; the same applies to the shites in Kaduna. Is the killing of those guys not a condemnable act? Bunch of hypocrites

Two wrongs never made a right bro. Not once in history. Biting a dog because it bit me first makes me a dog as well.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by Abagworo(m): 6:32pm On May 09, 2016
ridwanayo:
Bubu should nt deal with this issue with force,he should learn from obasanjo nd try to negitiate,that's what makes a wise president nt force every time

I'd rather opt for full time war against any communities harboring them as US did to Afghanistan. They either fish out the culprits or live in permanent crisis with starvation and total blockade.
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by meccuno: 7:02pm On May 09, 2016
wastedsperm:
you fed who?
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by Chomzy19(f): 8:05pm On May 09, 2016
PAYBACK IS A B ***H

ALL MEN MUST REAP WHAT THEY SOW
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by odikimi: 8:41pm On May 09, 2016
You do me Boko I do you avengers. lol, na joke oh
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by meccuno: 10:06pm On May 09, 2016
ridwanayo:

They crippled d economy under obj,he could nt even defeat them,am nt sayin baba should nt use force,but he should also learn to use peaceful agreement.yoruba would say" if u use d right hand to spank kid,use d left hand to draw d kid nearer",that's what makes a wise leader nd that's why I respect obasanjo
that's a general proverb.....
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by meccuno: 10:10pm On May 09, 2016
xwolverine:

You are very funny.

its either you watch to much cartoons or war movies.....this is Nigeria and not the US
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by meccuno: 10:23pm On May 09, 2016
MetaHuman:
another ipoop yoot claiming Edo to make it look like Edo hates Yoruba.. Ondo produces 3 times the size of Edo oil. Plus, SE benefits more from oyel from south south than anyone else, go figure ... Baka.
the igbos have enough oil and gas to last them a life time. All these talk of ondo having more oil than the whole igbo land combined is arrant nonsense...........
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by meccuno: 10:36pm On May 09, 2016
emorse:

One thing you and your likes don't understand is this. The political elites are not poor people. If the economy dies, they won't die. At least not until after every single comments man is dead. My point is, its we at the bottom here that bear the brunt the most. Seeking the downfall if the President is like killing one's self to spite a loved one. After one's death, the loved one would miss him/her for a while and there after, LIFE GOES ON.

I think a better approach would be to criticise the president constructively or even coerce him to take measures that would benefit you and I. Know this. With each day that passes, we are one day closer to our graves. The sooner things get better, the more time we would have to live good lives.
please enlighten us how we are supposed to do that. Because when buhari is criticised, the Ýorubas and northerners would come out gun blazing to attack those people. When you criticise, yoÚ say what ÝÓu feel. People don't have to tell you what to criticise and how to do it. That's not criticism.....the only language Nigeria understands is force
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 09, 2016
meccuno:
the igbos have enough oil and gas to last them a life time. All these talk of ondo having more oil than the whole igbo land combined is arrant nonsense...........
delusion grandeur.

Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by Stmike007(m): 11:17pm On May 09, 2016
TellingItAsItIs:
Buhari should deal with ND advengers "silently",same way he's dealing with fulani herdsmen.

And how is he dealing with the fulanis "his kinsmen"?
Re: Niger-Delta Avengers Bombings Affect Budget 2016 by emorse(m): 11:26pm On May 09, 2016
meccuno:
please enlighten us how we are supposed to do that. Because when buhari is criticised, the Ýorubas and northerners would come out gun blazing to attack those people. When you criticise, yoÚ say what ÝÓu feel. People don't have to tell you what to criticise and how to do it. That's not criticism.....the only language Nigeria understands is force

My brother, two wrongs don't make a right. Let me ask you this. If a dog bites you, would you bite back? I mean literally. Won't that make you a dog too? So please leave the dumb heads to continue doing what dumb heads do. Let us coerce our leaders to do the right thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Attackers Of Abuja-kaduna Train Behind Kuje Prison Attack – Gumi’s Aide / Frozen Account: Ozekhome Kicks, Says Fayose Paid Me N75m As Legal Fees / Buhari, Kingibe Meet As President Gets Report On NIA (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.