Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father (9334 Views)

Remember Me As a Conqueror Of “vicious” Godfathers In Edo - Adams Oshiomhole / Too Many ‘Godfathers’ Strangling APC And PDP - Daily Trust / Oshiomhole Retires PDP Godfathers in Edo - NewTelegraphOnline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by engineerboat(m): 11:33am On May 09, 2016
modath:

Amen and even beyond that day..... However all the preferred candidates of Govs forum, chieftains and moneybags will emerge victorious!! It's PDP's SOP, nothing can change that. ... He who pays the piper dictates the tune...

Remember dat all candidates falls into the categories you've just stated above.

Since dats the case, then can we now conclude dat d only prions available now is dat all of them will meet at the battle field
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:35am On May 09, 2016
adeyemi2015:

And you think Fayose wouldn't influence the Delegates from the SW?! Remember he has the financial backing of Senator Buruji Kashamu!
Sorry sir, Kashamu is AGAINST Fayose candidate.

quote me anywhere
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by dridowu: 11:35am On May 09, 2016
Barcanista indirectly promoting his own candidate in the person of Babasola Kuti. By the time you have the power also you too might likely impose your own candidate.

2 Likes

Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by Nobody: 11:36am On May 09, 2016
CHIEFTAINS ATTEMPT TO IMPOSE THEIR CANDIDATES

one man one vote
no wife ,son baby girl about it
then you see the light.
Chief every where is bad luck

long live
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:37am On May 09, 2016
engineerboat:

Remember dat all candidates falls into the categories you've just stated above.

Since dats the case, then can we now conclude dat d only prions available now is dat all of them will meet at the battle field
Engaging that woman to expect reasonable discuss is like pouring a keg of my water in a basket.
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by modath(f): 11:49am On May 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Engaging that woman to expect reasonable discuss is like pouring a keg of my water in a basket.

Your preferred candidate (s) won't get that pub sec position or any that has a specific person annointed..., abuse won't change nothing!!!! Whatever has changed hands, return.. venting on NL won't help your course either!!

Imagine the crap faulty thinking, you think all of NL are the type that don't know their right from left, don't pass sly insult, come direct!!

You only engage your like minds and your lapdogs... you know you can't engage me cos I see through all your crap and facade!!! Neither here nor there, anywhere belle face protection seeker!!! Mtcheew!!!cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:49am On May 09, 2016
dridowu:
Barcanista indirectly promoting his own candidate in the person of Babasola Kuti. By the time you have the power also you too might likely impose your own candidate.
I don't believe in imposition, I believe in playing by the rules.
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by Nobody: 11:50am On May 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Read very well I listed instances where Godfathers were disgraced... Only a novice would think SK don't have supporters in high and low places?

May 21 will shock you
Of course there have been instances where such took place. But I don't see that happening at the Convention. The game has been decided even before the kickoff.... May 21 cannot come soon enough.

1 Like

Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by Nobody: 11:54am On May 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Sorry sir, Kashamu is AGAINST Fayose candidate.

quote me anywhere
Until then!
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:02pm On May 09, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Until then!
Victory is sure by God's grace
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:04pm On May 09, 2016
wolfslair:

one man one vote
no wife ,son baby girl about it
then you see the light.
Chief every is bad luck

long live
We have passed the stage of imposition of candidate.
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

We have passed the stage of imposition of candidate.

Lie, shut down the zoo
Then the world will believe you

long live
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:23pm On May 09, 2016
wolfslair:

Lie, shut down the zoo Then the world will believe you

long live
Lol @zoo
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by engineerboat(m): 1:11pm On May 09, 2016
modath:

Your preferred candidate (s) won't get that pub sec position or any that has a specific person annointed..., abuse won't change nothing!!!! Whatever has changed hands, return.. venting on NL won't help your course either!!

Imagine the crap faulty thinking, you think all of NL are the type that don't know their right from left, don't pass sly insult, come direct!!

You only engage your like minds and your lapdogs... you know you can't engage me cos I see through all your crap and facade!!! Neither here nor there, anywhere belle face protection seeker!!! Mtcheew!!!cool

You've not make any point here @modath,
Will you allow impunity and imposition to continue.
We repeat, let everybody GO to the battle field, that is what all the candidates are clamoring for.

One question for you,
1. Why is fayose and lere afraid of open field election,
2. Why is lere camp going about smearing the name of the other two candidates from the SW if he's sure of his Godfather.
3. Your answer is urgently needed
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by modath(f): 2:04pm On May 09, 2016
engineerboat:

You've not make any point here @mo
Will you allow impunity and imposition to continue.

I didn't make any point according to you cos you've missed my point and have chosen to see only what you want....

I never taken and will never till the end of my days take my stand alongside injustice which is what imposition of candidate is, but I have to state facts as they are..... This particular contest has been decided long ago, the rest is just for show.

We repeat, let everybody GO to the battle field, that is what all the candidates are clamoring for.

This is the right thing to do but when vested interests insist on having their way and they are the financiers, morality and justice be damned.

One question for you,
1. Why is fayose and lere afraid of open field election,
2. Why is lere camp going about smearing the name of the other two candidates from the SW if he's sure of his Godfather.
3. Your answer is urgently needed

1.Fayose has no democratic bone in his body, all the Sen,Rep,HOA seats in Ekiti, he handpicked all the occupants... as far as he is concerned this is just an extension, bearing in mind his role in bringing in Sheriff, it's almost like done deal..

2. I don't know about character assasination, all i know is that Fayose's stand is that Lere will continue & be "effective" in the culture of vile criticism he engages in.... Lere Olayinka in his and his oga's small minds is Lai Mohd 2.0

After the china misadventure of photo ops and drama, he is no longer effective....

Just to buttress, you would think after the monumental loss of some traditional states and NASS constituencies arising from lack of internal democracy, they'd CHANGE (pun not intended) for the better no, PDP hasn't learnt the lesson that turning the party into franchises under state govs and some strong financiers did them a disservice and it will continue in the same vein.....

Any party that treats its loyalists like thrash will eventually get relegated into the dustbin of history.. cool

*Ordinarily I don't respond to summons like you did this but i'll let this slide*

2 Likes

Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by Babacele: 2:04pm On May 09, 2016
modath:

lapdogs on laptops.....lols. This weak character thinks everybody on NL is an unthinking saTANoid like him but when u come up with superior argument ehn, he feels u are taking the shine off him and usually adopts - insult, blackmail,lies and wailing- his regular trademark. He has no shame.

1 Like

Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by misscall247: 2:42pm On May 09, 2016
their way
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by Firefire(m): 2:44pm On May 09, 2016
PDP

Hi MizMyColi, how are you jare? is been a while.
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by ridwanayo(m): 2:45pm On May 09, 2016
Although I want lere olayinka to win d post,but am nt in support of imposition by godfathers,all those supporting god-fatherism in pdp are one of d reason d party aint moving forward
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by ridwanayo(m): 2:52pm On May 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Don't mind her nd her likes,all they do is criticize pdp,whether they do good or bad,they keep wishing that pdp should crumble so that apc would control all 25state nd fct,I don't know how one party system would favour our democracy,if obj had taken lagos from tinubu by force how would apc still exist nt to talk of winning 2015 election.I don't blame people who call them zombies
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by MizMyColi(f): 2:52pm On May 09, 2016
Firefire:
PDP

Hi MizMyColi, how are you jare? is been a while.

I've been fine Bros.
And you?

Na to dey look these political parties we dey now.
Sometimes I feel like PDP can get it right, reposition and do things differently.
Other times, angry

1 Like

Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by TemmyMatt(m): 2:55pm On May 09, 2016
The PDP has lost direction...
If GEJ's defeat cannot send down senses into the Godfathers' spines,then May 21st is the PDP's Lying-In-State/Final Burial Ceremony.

I stand to be quoted!
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by Firefire(m): 3:00pm On May 09, 2016
MizMyColi:

I've been fine Bros.
And you?

Na to dey look these political parties we dey now.
Sometimes I feel like PDP can get it right, reposition and do things differently.
Other times, angry

Very well also, thank you.

I remain at the background for now, no serious involvement, watching from thousands of miles away. wink

smiley It shall be well. smiley

2 Likes

Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by MizMyColi(f): 3:03pm On May 09, 2016
Firefire:

Very well also, thank you.

I remain at the background for now, no serious involvement, watching from thousands of miles away. wink

smiley It shall be well. smiley

Amen.

1 Like

Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:10pm On May 09, 2016
ridwanayo:

Don't mind her nd her likes,all they do is criticize pdp,whether they do good or bad,they keep wishing that pdp should crumble so that apc would control all 25state nd fct,I don't know how one party system would favour our democracy,if obj had taken lagos from tinubu by force how would apc still exist nt to talk of winning 2015 election.I don't blame people who call them zombies
APC wishing PDP fail since 1880
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by ridwanayo(m): 3:21pm On May 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

APC wishing PDP fail since 1880

They say pdp is dead nd buried still pdp controls like for 15/16 state,even that imo nd edo is nt sure for them
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:40pm On May 09, 2016
ridwanayo:

They say pdp is dead nd buried still pdp controls like for 15/16 state,even that imo nd edo is nt sure for them
Edo shall fall to PDP this year. IMO will return to the umbrella in 2019, likewise the sW and Majority North including Katsina. Buhari has failed us
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by thecardinal(m): 3:41pm On May 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
On May 21, 2016 which is about twelve days time from today(as at when this article was written), members, chieftains and delegates of the PDP will converge in Portharcourt where the party's delegates are eexpected to elect new officers of the party's at the National level and would also form members of the party's National Working Committee (NWC). Among positions in the NWC are National Chairman and Deputy, National Secretry and deputy, offices of National Youth Leader and Deputy, and National Publicity Secretary and Deputy etc.

It is not a secret that the offices of National Youth Leader was zoned to the South East, Deputy to the North West, while the offices of National Publicity Secretary and Deputy was zoned to the South West and North Central respectively.

While prominent, young and smart party men that believe in democratic values and the values of the party have been coming out to declare interest in offices that are zoned to their geopolitical zones and intensifying campaigns, some group of party "leaders" were busy in the comfort of their luxuries scheming on how to impose their favored candidate(s) on the party.

For instance, while the office of National Publicity Secretary has been zoned to the SW, their have been subtle and direct moves by the Governor of Ekiti state to pave way for his anointed and Special Adviser on New Media and Publicity, Mr Lere Olayinka. This he has been trying to do by scheming for the position to be "further zoned" to Ekiti/Ondo axis of the SW. This is because Mr Lere Olayinka, his godson is the only aspirant from that axis. This is a subtle way to shut out leading contestants, Comrade Babasola Kuti(SK) and Comrade Segun Sowunmi, that are from Lagos a s Ogun states respectively,and force them to drop their ambitions.

In the South East, PDP Chieftains led by Senator Like Ekweremadu, the Deputy President of the Senate are trying to shut out prominent party youths like Ezeani Chukwunonso Elvis and Prince Shield Nwazuruahu from the race for National Youth Leader of the party to give easy passage to Sen Ekweremadu's anointed by "sub-zoning" the slot to Enugu state. Both Shield and Ezeani are from Anambra state.

GODFATHER IS NOT GOD THE FATHER
I believe it is instructive to remind Gov Ayo Fayose and Senator Ike Ekweremadu that the influence of godfathers cannot override the verdict of God the father.

Governor Fayose should cast his mind back to 2007 where he opposed the selection of Chief Segun Oni as PDP Governorship candidate for Ekiti state in that year's election even when then PDP "lord" and President Olusegun Obasanjo and his garrison commander/National Chairman Col Ahmadu Ali were bent on having Oni fly the party flag and win the poll. Fayose should remember how he was impeached illegally by forces loyal to Obasanjo and Oni to pave way for Oni's emergence. He should remember that God showed himself that he is not loyal to any man in the PDP Primary by disgracing Oni and put him third behind Chief Yinka Akerele and Prof Segun Ojo, both emerged first and second respectively in the primary. Fayose should recall that despite the defeat of Oni in the primary, Obasanjo and Ali still went ahead to foist Oni as party candidate. As God would have it, Oni was disgraced out of office by the court of Appeal in 2010 and the legitimate candidate/winner Kayode Fayemi was installed. Same Fayemi that Fayose had supported in the general election. Gov Fayose should also recall that even when Chief Obasanjo foisted Oni as PDP National Vice Chairman(SW) in 2012 by forcing other aspirants to step down, God still disgraced Oni out of office in less than two years.

Senator Ike Ekweremadu should not forget so soon how God the father used coalition of patriotic Enugu PDP men to resist then Gov Sullivan Chime when he wanted to impose himself as Ekweremadu successor as the senator representing Enugu West, at the same time denying Ekweremadu the chance to govern Enugu state. If God the father hadn't intervened, Ekweremadu would not have been Senator by now not to talk of being Senate Deputy President.

Senator Godswill Akpabio should recall how God the father stepped inside the ring to save him when then outgoing Governor of Akwa Ibom state, Chief Oblong Attach was bent on installing his son-inlaw Dr Udoma Ekarika as PDP's flagbearer in 2007 election. Akpabio should not forget how patriotic Akwa Ibom PDP members stood by him to defeat Attah's godson at the primary and resisted Attab's move to upturn the result using BoT machinery.

Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta state should remember that in 2007,God came to his aid when the godfathers thought they have their way. Okowa should remember how the Abuja godfather and party National chairman Col Ahmadu Ali had upturned his primary victory for Delta North Senate in 2007 and handed over same to the wife of Ali. God came to his rescue when he moved to Accord Party and defeated Mrs Ali in the general election.

Gov Segun Mimiko should not forget so soon how God Father came to his aid in 2007 when then President Olusegun Obasanjo was keen on having his godson late Segun Agagu to return for another term as Governor of Ondo state. Even when Mimiko was prevented from participating in the primary, Mimiko went to Labour party and God showed himself.

GODFATHERS SHOULD NOT PLAY GOD IN THE CONVENTION:
While I recognise the right of anybody including Governors and other party Chiefs to support candidates of their choice, it is also incumbent on them to allow other aspirants equal standing and leave the decision to elect winners to the delegates.

History would repeat itself at the convention should any chieftain attempt to muscle out any aspirants from seeking office. All candidates should be given fair chance to compete in the convention. The power of godfather cannot match the power of God the father.

Finally, I commend Senator Buruji Kashamu and other party leaders for insisting that all candidates from the SW are given equal oppirtunity.

Power Must Return To The People!!!

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
TonyeBarcanista, you are a very good writer . Well done. There is a mistake in the article. It was Patrick Osakwe who defeated Ahmadu Ali's wife not Dr Okowa
Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:54pm On May 09, 2016
thecardinal:
TonyeBarcanista, you are a very good writer . Well done. There is a mistake in the article. It was Patrick Osakwe who defeated Ahmadu Ali's wife not Dr Okowa
Thanks my bro.

indeed there was a mix up. Okowa twice defeated Maryam Alli in PDP primary in 2007. First he won and the power that be cancelled it. They tried to do magomago again and it was a loss for Maryam.

#Apologies

1 Like

Re: PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION: Why Godfathers Should Not Play God The Father by yjgm(m): 4:01pm On May 09, 2016
Even though am sympathetic to the cause of the APC, when I see a good thing I must commend it. Nice write up Tonyebarcanista. We must all strive to make our democracy a viable one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ohaneze Ndigbo Wades Into Feud Between Gov Umahi And Anyim / Gov. Obi Cancels Birthday Celebration / Dapchi: Parents Occupy NASS, Demands Probe And Recovery Of Abducted Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.