Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. (7551 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: Sell At N145 Or Lose Your Petrol, DPR Warns Marketers / Fuel Scarcity: DPR Seals 20 Filling Stations In Port Harcourt / Ifeanyi Uba's Diversion of N11bn Fuel Is Punishable By Death -DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:45pm On May 09, 2016
The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) on Monday warned major and independent fuel marketers to refrain from diverting petroleum products to neighbouring countries. Mr Bassey Nkanga, the DPR Operation Controller in charge of Akwa Ibom and Cross River, gave the warning in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Calabar.

“We will not hesitate to seal any filling station that diverts its product to neighbouring countries. “Just two weeks ago, we sealed the NNPC filling station in Akamkpa Local Government Area of Cross River for fuel diversion. “Petroleum products meant for the station was allegedly being diverted to Cameroon before it was intercepted by our men. “The truck was conveying 40,000 litres of fuel and heading to Bakassi Local Government Area from where it would be taken to Cameroon through the Ikang border,’’ Nkanga said.

He said further that the filling station would remain sealed for 90 days until its management paid the fine of N200 per litre for the 40,000 litres involved. According to the DPR controller, the fuel scarcity that was witnessed a few weeks ago across the country was caused partly by fuel diversion to other countries. “Now that there is a massive improvement in fuel supply to all depots across the country, I wish to issue a warning to fuel marketers to desist from diverting the products to other countries,’’ he said.

Nkanga said the department had since set up a surveillance team to monitor all petroleum products being lifted from the Calabar depot to various filling stations in Akwa Ibom and Cross River. He urged marketers to complement government’s efforts by making the products available in all filling stations across the country.

The controller added that he would continue to canvass for more fuel supply to Akwa Ibom and Cross River.

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fuel-scarcity-dpr-warns-marketers-diversion/

Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by madridguy(m): 1:47pm On May 09, 2016
Noted.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by TheNonce: 1:54pm On May 09, 2016
angry

Dry raking!

Once dem see alert dem go begin yarn say na "mr saboteur" as usual!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by Flexherbal(m): 2:13pm On May 09, 2016
Just keep monitoring them.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by nairaman66(m): 2:58pm On May 09, 2016
DPR are the real criminals here!! They connive with marketers to divert products after money has exchanged hands!

There should neutral people from the NLC or somewhere to checkmate DPR and the Marketers!!

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 09, 2016
I just diverted mine!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by malikisunday(m): 2:59pm On May 09, 2016
the monitor them abeg we don tire for scarcity
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by Ptoocool(m): 3:00pm On May 09, 2016
freebreezeyz:
my problem with them is implementation of set rules and regulations! no culprit anywhere! please give us a notable scapegoat abeg!

You mean a scape goat like Saraki_ss_and_tell?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by freebreezeyz(m): 3:00pm On May 09, 2016
we keep hearing news like this most times. my problem with them is implementation of set rules and regulations! no culprit anywhere! same goes for the anti corruption war! please give us a notable scapegoat abeg!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 09, 2016
All this one no concern me I want to buy fuel at #40/litre. Dazz all cool cool grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by edlion57(m): 3:01pm On May 09, 2016
Why is dpr sealing filling stations whereas the major oil marketers are selling to them at above pump price....i hvt seen dem seal any oil depot. ..der are the one sabotaging this country

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by DesChyko: 3:01pm On May 09, 2016
Akuko Ifo
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by misscall247: 3:05pm On May 09, 2016
this is not d change I voted for.......buhari give me my change
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by misscall247: 3:07pm On May 09, 2016
this is not d change I voted for.......buhari give me my change.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by izzou(m): 3:12pm On May 09, 2016
Monitor Ko

CPU ni??
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by dunkem21(m): 3:14pm On May 09, 2016
This is like the umpteenth time we are hearing this sad

OK, dem want them to pay N200/litre .. The price Nigerians have been queuing and begging to buy since January grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by Horlawale1(m): 3:16pm On May 09, 2016
Awa arawa lan fiya jerawa (we are the architect of our predicament).

My own be say GOD BLESS NIGERIA......

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by trueconscience(m): 3:22pm On May 09, 2016
IN Anambra, Awka NIPCO filling station has been selling above the recommended price and whenever the DPR guys visit, they will be forced to sell at 86:50 for about an hour or two (then may be after settling the DPR men) they resort to their fraudulent practice of selling above the regulated price SAME DAY.

However, today, the filling station was visited by another set of DPR officials and their station was SEALED. All men are waiting for when the fuel will be disposed.

They are conveniently cheating and suffering people yet they cry "Buhari's change is bad!" yeye people!!

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by mayorjosh(m): 3:25pm On May 09, 2016
dwilliams:
na mouth dem de use monitor dem,

wu dem help sef
your ban go sweet pass agbalumo die grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by jazinogold(m): 3:28pm On May 09, 2016
cheesy

BLAME THE NIGER DELTA MILITANT FOR THE SCARCITY sad

HE-DIOT!!!!

SAME OLD STORIES...THOUGHT THEY SAID THE SCARCITY WILL END IN MAY? angry
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by rozayx5(m): 3:32pm On May 09, 2016
i dont fall for all these excuses

why was there no diversion under gej?

everyday we keep buying fuel at sky prices in uyo and you keep ranting

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by dwilliams: 3:36pm On May 09, 2016
mayorjosh:

your ban go sweet pass agbalumo die grin

wat I do? shey na Dasuki yam I chop?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by Ganiyat72(f): 3:40pm On May 09, 2016
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by Image123(m): 3:46pm On May 09, 2016
So their job is to warn? What is wrong with them installing tracking devices that actually do the job. The racketeering is so much. Out of about 6 or 8 fuel stations in my area, all of them sell at 86.5/alleged litre except one. The miracle is that all these ones never have fuel except for the one that sells at 110 or 120 per alleged litre. That one ALWAYS has fuel, the others maybe once in a week. Who is deceiving who?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by deluxez12(m): 3:57pm On May 09, 2016
Ptoocool:

You mean a scape goat like Saraki_ss_and_tell?
Saraki is walking like a free man n ure naming him....Oga call anoda scape goat or shut d f!ck up
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by Boss13: 4:19pm On May 09, 2016
I don't understand the DPR warning here if there are no complicities involved. Why issue a warning to defaulters and I believe this is the second warning since the fuel scarcity. Rather than issue a warning, identify the defaulters and implement the sanctions, others will adjust themselves.

Sometimes I just don't understand this country. Institutions just don't want to sit up and when privatization comes, they kick in with strike actions. What impact have they made?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: DPR Warns Marketers Against Diversion.. by lavenjcrown(m): 4:27pm On May 09, 2016
Wow, this was discussed when we had a fire drilling assembly in ma work place, NNPC ejigbo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' / Tinubu's New Party Getting More Encouragement As Supporters Storm The Streets Of / Number Of Federal Civil Servants State By State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.