Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN (4251 Views)

"PDP Will Reclaim Power In 2019" - Jonathan Speaks At PDP Convention / Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan / Goodluck Jonathan Says He Will Recontest In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by MrFairplay4ume(m): 5:12pm On May 10, 2016
ormer president Goodluck Jonathan has declared his interest to run for presidency in 2019 in Bayelsa State today. A jubilant crowd erupted as news leaked that the former president would be holding a press briefing this afternoon. In a statement released by his media secretary, the former president said, he has been inundated with calls from famous Nigerians to reconsider and salvage the economy from the current decay under the APC led government.

The statement reads in part: “A while ago I stood at the stood Eagle Square, to offer myself for election as the President of our beloved country on the platform of our great party; the People’s Democratic Party (PDP). I decided to run for office because of the many troubles our dear country faced. In a hotly contested election, we ‘lost’ the election to the opposition. We would have rejected the election results but decided my personal ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian.
“I made it clear then that when I leave office, Nigerians will understand the freedom they enjoyed under my administration. Are my I saint? Certainly not. Were my Ministers saints? Certainly not. But the opposition have unleashed untold hardship on Nigerians. I read from the news how power generation dropped to zero for a few hours. I read how the minister of State petroleum told Nigerians that he is not a magician to fix Nigerian oil problems. As we speak, subsidy regime has returned. As we speak the current government have reverted pump price to where we left it.

“Over the years, the Almighty God has made it possible for me to develop a bond with you and I am grateful for your support and understanding in the difficult periods we have journeyed through. Distinguished ladies and gentlemen, as I stand here this day being April 1, I declare to you that our stewardship has not been without challenges. We dealt with waves of insurgencies, vandalization of our nation’s pipelines and armed banditry. Let me crave the indulgence of all present here to stand up to observe a minutes silence in honor of fathers, mothers, sisters and brothers who lost their lives in Agatu. The situation in Agatu and elsewhere has cast a dark cloud on our Nation but we will surely win. A number of young men and women have been kidnapped by these criminal elements including our daughters from Enugu and Kanu States.

“During my tenure, we established a Presidential Initiative for the North East, the Victim Support Fund and the Safe School Initiative. These programs built Almajiri schools and opened brand new universities across all regions in this country. I read how the APC led government dissolved the governing board of universities and sacked the vice chancellors. We did what we did to better the lots of less privileged among us. Today, those dreams are but a mirage.

“I am grateful to all Nigerians for standing with me and my ministers despite the persecution we have so far face by the current administration. Let me also thank the leaders and elders of our great party, the People’s Democratic Party, for the opportunity reposed on all PDP governors and House of Assembly members. I am overwhelmed by the trust, confidence and support of the various organs of our party, the Board of Trustees, the National Caucus, the National Executive Committee, the National Working Committee, the PDP Governors Forum, members of the PDP Caucuses of the National Assembly, and others. This trust showed itself in the just concluded Rivers state re-run elections. This day affords me the opportunity to continue the conversation of development we started together. We must develop our country.

Source VANGUARD.ORORG
www.nigerianewsheadlines.com/2016/05/08/i-will-recontest-in-2019-goodluck-jonathan-vanguard-org/
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by iamblisz(m): 5:13pm On May 10, 2016
How true is this news,?

If this news is true then its good news

3 Likes

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:15pm On May 10, 2016
This must be a big joke!!!

Jonathan should come to reality that he will NEVER return to Aso Rock as President and Commander-in-Chief.

He had five years plus and another opportunity to renew his mandate in 2015 which he wasn't successful. In fact, he will be humbled in the primary.

Jonathan better respect himself and remain in Otuoke while we move the Party and country forward. The best he could do is offer fatherly advice to young party faithful.

Beside,PDP is presenting a northern candidate.

Buhari will fall in 2019... POWER!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by Benikuuse(m): 5:15pm On May 10, 2016
G

1 Like

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by ShowYourCertificate: 5:18pm On May 10, 2016
The APC Zombies will heave a sigh of relief after realising that the source isn't authentic.
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by zickie: 5:18pm On May 10, 2016
ok na
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by omowolewa: 5:19pm On May 10, 2016
Let the campaign begins!
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:19pm On May 10, 2016
PDP will reject him like a plague.

1 Like

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by bedspread: 5:20pm On May 10, 2016
IF GEJ DECIDES TO HE HAS MY VOTE. I BELIEVE HE HAS LEARNT HIS LESSONS ON HOW TO CURB CORRUPTION!

GEJ IS ONE OF NIGERIA LIVING GREATEST LEADER.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by MasterofNL: 5:20pm On May 10, 2016
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 10, 2016
bedspread:
IF GEJ DECIDES TO HE HAS MY VOTE. I BELIEVE HE HAS LEARNT HIS LESSONS ON HOW TO CURB CORRUPTION!

no wonder... bedspread.
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by cckris: 5:24pm On May 10, 2016
iamblisz:
How true is this news,?

If this news is true then its good news
Ask Liar Mohammed
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:24pm On May 10, 2016
bedspread:

He will lose in the primary election
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by flezyblinkzy: 5:27pm On May 10, 2016
If this is true then he has my vote ooooh!!

1 Like

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by theV0ice: 5:30pm On May 10, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
The APC Zombies will heave a sigh of relief after realising that the source isn't authentic.

He has to defeat Ali modu Sheriff in the PDP primaries first na cheesy

Abi even you, a waiing and hateful Zombie doesn't know? cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by cckris: 5:31pm On May 10, 2016
PDP has the political structure to defeat APC in any election from now till 2019. And Fulani jihadists have pushed the North Central into alliance with the Southeast & South south. Jonathan can only sit by & give advice when asked.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by bedspread: 5:33pm On May 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
He will lose in the primary election
This is Nigeria! Don't be surprised that GEJ would pick up the ticket.
Buhari performance would decide GEJ fate. And so far Gej has a good chance
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by iamblisz(m): 5:35pm On May 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This must be a big joke!!!

Jonathan should come to reality that he will NEVER return to Aso Rock as President and Commander-in-Chief.

He had five years plus and another opportunity to renew his mandate in 2015 which he wasn't successful. In fact, he will be humbled in the primary.

Jonathan better respect himself and remain in Otuoke while we move the Party and country forward. The best he could do is offer fatherly advice to young party faithful.

Beside,PDP is presenting a northern candidate.

Buhari will fall in 2019... POWER!!!!

Haba bro , why are talking as if you don't understand Nigeria politics?

What make you think gej will be humbled in the primaries?

Even if they PDP shifted presidency to the north ,that does not mean he can't contest.

But come to think of it, who do you think can challenge APC currently apart from gej? Is it lamido? Fayose?
Waiting for your response

2 Likes

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by temitemi1(m): 5:42pm On May 10, 2016
My Hero, is better u don't run again embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by ogmask: 5:45pm On May 10, 2016
This is a case of a dog who sees itself a Tiger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2016
iamblisz:

Even if they PDP shifted presidency to the north ,that does not mean he can't contest.

But come to think of it, who do you think can challenge APC currently apart from gej? Is it lamido? Fayose?
Jonathan has ZERO political structure in PDP. In 2011 Obasanjo helped him humble Atiku, in 2015 he had to force men like Rabiu Kwankwaso out(which became his undoing) and "settled" organs of the party to allow him go unchallenged.

In 2019 he has no Obasanjo nor the financial might to settle anybody. If he contests in the primary, his defeat will be worse than KOWA in the last election.

PDP will beat APC in 2019 but not Jonathan. He should respect himself jare
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:48pm On May 10, 2016
bedspread:
This is Nigeria! Don't be surprised that GEJ would pick up the ticket.
Buhari performance would decide GEJ fate. And so far Gej has a good chance
iamblisz:

Jonathan has ZERO political structure in PDP. In 2011 Obasanjo helped him humble Atiku, in 2015 he had to force men like Rabiu Kwankwaso out(which became his undoing) and "settled" organs of the party to allow him go unchallenged.

In 2019 he has no Obasanjo nor the financial might to settle anybody. If he contests in the primary, his defeat will be worse than KOWA in the last election.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by papparatzzi2013: 5:52pm On May 10, 2016
God please let the news be true.

2019 will definitely be a stroll in the park for the Sage of Daura.

How will the Mandela of Otuoke put up a good show without dollars to throw around.

1 Like

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by iamblisz(m): 5:55pm On May 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I agree with all what you just said, who so ever represents PDP in 2019 still will not have obj financial might and influence, and it pains me a lot that Nigeria have someone as obj to look up to during presidency election angry
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by papparatzzi2013: 5:55pm On May 10, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Barcanista, like we told you in 2013/14, Mark my words, the Sage of Daura will have a landslide in 2019.

Where will PDP get the money to throw around?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by iamblisz(m): 5:58pm On May 10, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

Barcanista, like we told you in 2013/14, Mark my words, the Sage of Daura will have a landslide in 2019.

You think money wins you election? Or have you forgotten PDP?
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:07pm On May 10, 2016
iamblisz:

I agree with all what you just said, who so ever represents PDP in 2019 still will not have obj financial might and influence, and it pains me a lot that Nigeria have someone as obj to look up to during presidency election angry
Well that's politics
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:08pm On May 10, 2016
papparatzzi2013:

If Pdp manages the convention well they will oust APC
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by saintopus2: 6:11pm On May 10, 2016
I doubt this news channel
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by Samunique(m): 6:11pm On May 10, 2016
You are highly welcome sir, we've already missed u!!!

We know their next step will be to send the EFCC after u, if this news is true.

But God pass them!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:13pm On May 10, 2016
fake news
Re: I Will Recontest In 2019 – JONATHAN by ShowYourCertificate: 6:17pm On May 10, 2016
theV0ice:

He has to defeat Ali modu Sheriff in the PDP primaries first na cheesy

Abi even you, a waiing and hateful Zombie doesn't know? cheesy
The story isn't even true so no need to engage you on it,

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Had Everything Under Control Until Nigerians Voted Buhari - Okonjo Iweala / Atiku Is From Cameroon Nnamdi Kanu Reveals / Riots In Kano: Youths Reject New Emir With Protest (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.