Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan (24864 Views)

2019: Jonathan’s Kinsmen Allege Ex-president, Wife Working For Opposition / PDP Will Return To Power In 2019 - Jonathan, Atiku Says / Who Can Lead The PDP Back To Aso Rock? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by maupe: 8:13am On Jul 18, 2017
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has said that Nigerians still want the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to return to power in 2019. He therefore appealed to the party’s members to rebuild it.

Mr. Jonathan said this on Monday evening as he led other party chieftains to a meeting of Expanded National Caucus of the party at its Wadata Plaza national secretariat.

Mr. Jonathan also assured that many members of the party who left it as a result of its internal crisis would return.

The former president, who arrived at the venue to a loud ovation, assured party supporters that the PDP has gone past ‘its worst moment.’

“The first thing we need to do is to rebuild the party because when the party is strong, everything will be added to that.

“Whether you have individual or group interest, as a politician, you must serve. These are very basic things. But first and foremost, we must strengthen the party.

“Let us cooperate with the Caretaker Committee and make sure that PDP is very cohesive. And when that happens, people who stepped aside may step back.’’

PDP had been factionalised since its national convention which held in May 2016 in Port Harcourt leading to numerous court cases that ended last week at the Supreme Court.

With the affirmation of Ahmed Makarfi as its authentic chairman by the apex court, the crisis that had ravaged the party was finally laid to rest.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/237227-nigerians-want-pdp-back-2019-jonathan.html

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by LugarT: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2017
Sad fact.

What we have in the APC is an unfortunate stage play running in darkness and which leaves the audience hearing only voices but losing any touch or connection with the reality of the show. The APC peddled tremendous degrees of lies and while they should have tempered such with sterling performance they have abysmally downgraded Nigeria. I love all people, Biafra, Fulani, Efik or Ijebu but we have seen a deliberate erosion of the supposed unity of Nigeria washed down in the worst manifestation of governance under the APC. I voted Buhari against real odds but it seems like a wasted vote. The signs were there early in the day. Read along:
1) You are coming from an emergency situation and you took 5 months to get 35 men to work. Baba you goofed on this one.
2) You went to the US and when asked about how you will deal with Niger Delta issues, your Oedipus Complex came to play leading to you make the infamous 97/5% statement which sent a spirit of division out. We are yet to recover from that
3) Instead of quietly continuing with the good works that Jonathan did, you went all out blanket claiming that the government was bad and so played yourself by needing to either start programs afresh or cancel good ones. A waste of time and resources because continuing the plans would work against a narrative.
4) The Nnamdi Kanu treatment was a grave political error. Keeping him incarcerated simply made his hatred perfume for some. I never support his extremism but you have helped his course better than he could imagine. Today he is riding a wave that may undo Nigeria our dear country.
5) How do you get to office and have only 5 Southerners from 26 appointments in the first year?? I don't have the figures but the baby steps were too error prone.
6) I once made a public Facebook post that went viral: How do you have such FOREX losses at a time of savings versus times of looting. You block here and open another tap somewhere else so results are lacking. An example, where is the presidential jet today? Gathering dust but raising credit notes for the British.

I could continue but in the kingdom of the blind, this one eyed PDP is king. They know politics far better than the current APC and I worry that we may be on our way back to Bedlam with people who although tried, scored virtually a borderline Pass to Fail in my score sheet.

243 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by ishadfurnitures: 8:16am On Jul 18, 2017
I say Capital NO to Pdp and Apc.

129 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by maupe: 8:17am On Jul 18, 2017
I am sorry to burst your bubble President Jonathan, but according to one of your high profile members on this platform; PDP is dead and buried, and Nigerians want and need APDA

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by Modsenemy(f): 8:19am On Jul 18, 2017
Asif PDP is better ....

His opinion.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2017
PDP is tested, proven and recommended.

But Nigeria needs Restructuring towards Confederal System from this Feudal Unitary System. If PDP can not start by telling us what they intend to do, then we will no longer vote.

It is no longer about party, cos the same thieves are the ones launching new parties to defraud us once again using new sets of promises. Promises they never keep.

So, Nigerians do not want PDP, Nigerians want a working country, if PDP can give us a blueprint of how this will be done and start making real concession and showing evidence of how they intend to do it, then count me in.

If not, I am out.

137 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by PeaceGord: 8:22am On Jul 18, 2017
Jona is a good man.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by Modsenemy(f): 8:22am On Jul 18, 2017
maupe:
I am sorry to burst your bubble President Jonathan, but according to one of your high profile members on this platform; PDP is dead and buried, and Nigerians want and need APDA

There is difference between "high profile member" and "ardent follower". Don not mistake that for the other.

No youth , I repeat no youth below the age of 35 can ever be high profiled in PDP .

Tonye was only our pdp local champion politician grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by obitwice06(m): 8:23am On Jul 18, 2017
All we want is an all inclusive good governance and not just a party.

23 Likes

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by helinues: 8:23am On Jul 18, 2017
Both APC and PDP are goners come 2019

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by izombie(m): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2017
Well the way it is now, i don't think apc has anything to offer. Atleast during the pdp regimes we had upper class, middle class and lower class but now buhari and his goons have made sure that the upper class keeps going higher while all the middle class has been relegated to lower class and the lower class has now been relegated to wretched class. What a country.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2017
God bless my PDP grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by Ehiscotch(m): 8:24am On Jul 18, 2017
It would utterly despicable, apocalyptic, monumentally abysmal and an entire tragedy if PDP is back in 2019.
We need new & young blood.

18 Likes

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by Atiku2019: 8:25am On Jul 18, 2017
Nigerians are all for Atiku 2019

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by ipobarecriminals: 8:25am On Jul 18, 2017
sad undecided may we never return/go back to Egypt.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by ademega(m): 8:25am On Jul 18, 2017
Who dash this one talk?

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by dre11(m): 8:34am On Jul 18, 2017
Atiku2019:
Nigerians are all for Atiku 2019

Count me out....

Who is Atiku

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by agarawu23(m): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2017
Who are the Nigerians who want thieves back ?

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by kingPhidel(m): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2017
Who be the perzon wey tell you?

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by Chuukwudi(m): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2017
Funny people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by Atiku2019: 8:45am On Jul 18, 2017
dre11:

Count me out....

Who is Atiku

Good Morning Dre we need your support smiley
Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 18, 2017
This is what a father does, rebuild the home, Unlike the ones that eat and become fat in abundance and bail when there's crisis..You're the father jare

15 Likes

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by project4OO: 8:46am On Jul 18, 2017
True to an extent

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by sobmos(m): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2017
Our eyes don clear. No more APC's the more you look, the less you see. We need PDP, or any other party in aso rock. Not the lying thwarts called APC.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by wristbangle: 8:46am On Jul 18, 2017
ishadfurnitures:
I say Capital NO to Pdp and Apc.

Same here

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by policy12: 8:46am On Jul 18, 2017
Hmmm Oga Jona..
Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by Agimor(m): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2017
Sadly enough that's the plain truth. People are groaning in travail, even staunch / robot APC supporters like Sarrki can't denial this fact he's a victim. So anything party that can wrestle power from this deceptive/tribalistic APC would be welcome with open hands.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by Slai1: 8:47am On Jul 18, 2017
Correct.

Pdp is better than APC any day, anytime.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by ceeethru(m): 8:47am On Jul 18, 2017
maupe:
Except for illiterate Nigerian like you; PDP is never Nigerian's problem just like APC is never the solution!Nigeria's problem are the politicians who make up the party! Form God's party if you like the people who make up the party will determine its result! The present challenge is that though we call PDP gang all sorts of names they are better managers of economy than APC!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by greatface(m): 8:47am On Jul 18, 2017
Per say, pdp and jonathan's incompetency are far better than buhari's best achievements grin

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians Want PDP Back In 2019 – Jonathan by veraponpo(m): 8:47am On Jul 18, 2017
Self deceit. Shameless set of people

Deziani Madueke is still running from pillar to post.

Patience Jonathan has many cases of criminality hanging on her

FFK's cases are unlimited

Obanikoro is still repaying his own and he has confessed to the offence

Olisa Methu is still repaying his looted fund

The popular ATM of looting Col Dasuki is still there

And plethora of other cases. They finished our reserves and plunged us into problems. Boko Haram fested under them and tey looked the other way for political reasons.

The worst to come to Nigeria is for PDP to return

26 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Rev. Fr. Vitus Borogo In Kaduna (Pictures) / Farooq Kperogi: Dementia, Not Buhari, Fired NPA’s Bala Usman / Obiano Performs Groundbreaking For $40m Automotive Assembly Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.