Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

I Really Need Your Advice Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Really Need Your Advice Friends (962 Views)

I'm A Young Female With A Good Job, Do I Really Have To Settle For Less? / Pls Advice Friends / I REALLY NEED UR ADVICE FRIENDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Really Need Your Advice Friends by Gudsyd(f): 7:28am On May 11, 2016
I am in a relationship that is about 2months old now,2days ago i got to know am a year older than my boyfriend of which he is not aware of.we both love each other so much but i can't let go him cos of the age difference.should i let him know? and too i am afraid of loosing him to anoda.pls frnds i need ur candid advice...
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by NiRfreak(m): 7:38am On May 11, 2016
I don't think you have any problem.....The major reason why men prefer younger partner is the issue of respect , submission and control. If you can respect him as a man and ready to submit, i don't think he would think otherwise so far he loves you. But most ladies tend to be more confrontational and disrespectful when they are older

Dear OP, its the way you act towards him and the quality you bring to the table that will win his heart

You don't have to tell him. let him find out himself. You can stylishly display your birth date evidence for him to stumble on...but the main thing is....Never act to be older than him in your speech or action.....Respect is the key.....even in times of quarrel , respect and your maturity is the key.....#shallom

4 Likes

Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by PunkyV(f): 7:52am On May 11, 2016
Sure, go ahead & tell him. If he breaks up with you over this, then good riddance! You don't need a man around you that's not strong enough to even handle petty issues.
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by NiRfreak(m): 8:10am On May 11, 2016
Telling him might look like a challenge......even if he doesn't care.....I think guys don't like being reminded by a lady that she's older.....try and let him stumble on your birth date.....watch his reaction and bring up a discussion of age in a relationships
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by Jentilia(f): 8:16am On May 11, 2016
stylishly ask him if he can date someone older than him,from his reply u will now know the next step to take.

sincerely speaking,most "men" don't like dating someone that is older than them
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by Akposkool(m): 8:22am On May 11, 2016
2 months and you don't know each others age? That's too long. Well it happens no big deal.
To the subject. Age shouldn't be a problem. My current girlfriend is 5 months older than I am but she respects me because of how I handle things. We are even planning to get married when the money comes
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by masinga07(m): 8:26am On May 11, 2016
Talking from personal experience, I advise you discuss it with him especially if you feel he assumes he is older. I found out after about 4 years that the lady I was dating was actually older. She had alwys refused to let us discuss age but I assumed all along that I should be older considering I was few years ahead of her in school and I relied on information of friends. When I finally found out, I couldn't comprehend while she decided to hide that. So I advise you let him know and unlike me, he may not see any problem in it.
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by NiRfreak(m): 8:32am On May 11, 2016
Jentilia:
stylishly ask him if he can date someone older than him,from his reply u will now know the next step to take.

sincerely speaking,most "men" don't like dating someone that is older than them
Actually i'm an exception.....i have been with more older ladies than with younger ladies

Their maturity, care, experience and lovely full looks is an attraction for me. They are also an intellectual and social challenge .....they put me on my toes

At the same time, dealing with them is not easy......but worth it

1 Like

Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by Gudsyd(f): 8:53am On May 11, 2016
[quote author=NiRfreak post=45510653] I don't think you have any problem.....The major reason why men prefer younger partner is the issue of respect , submission and control. If you can respect him as a man and ready to submit, i don't think he would think otherwise so far he loves you. But most ladies tend to be more confrontational and disrespectful when they are older

Dear OP, its the way you act towards him and the quality you bring to the table that will win his heart

You don't have to tell him. let him find out himself. You can stylishly display your birth date evidence for him to stumble on...but the main thing is....Never act to be older than him in your speech or action.....Respect is the key.....even in times of quarrel , respect and your maturity is the key.....#shallom

Thanks dear,he has confessed that one of the qualities he admires most in me is my respect and care 4 him.
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by NiRfreak(m): 9:05am On May 11, 2016
[quote author=Gudsyd post=45512683][/quote] You see.....quickly let him stumble on your age........and discuss age issue in relationship to know his perspective.......so that you wont be dating on assumption.

In my own case, after few weeks , i noticed my babe was older.....i stylishly discuss the issue of age in relationship ....and i found out she's okay with dating younger guy as long as love and maturity is there. when i finally told her.....she was shocked.....cos she had thought i was older.....but she still continues doing her thing....

When you act mature and you fire her well well...she will forget about age....that's gals for you. Though before marrying such , be sure she doesn't have attitude.
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by Gudsyd(f): 9:09am On May 11, 2016
@Jentilia,don't u think if i stylishly ask him,he will suspect me?
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by firstking01(m): 9:09am On May 11, 2016
NiRfreak:
I don't think you have any problem.....The major reason why men prefer younger partner is the issue of respect , submission and control. If you can respect him as a man and ready to submit, i don't think he would think otherwise so far he loves you. But most ladies tend to be more confrontational and disrespectful when they are older

And i therefore stamp and put a seal on this coment as the best advice for this thread...miss op, take this home.

2 Likes

Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by Jentilia(f): 10:59am On May 11, 2016
Gudsyd:
@Jentilia,don't u think if i stylishly ask him,he will suspect me?
dat was why I said stylishly...
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by Jentilia(f): 11:01am On May 11, 2016
NiRfreak:
Actually i'm an exception.....i have been with more older ladies than with younger ladies

Their maturity, care, experience and lovely full looks is an attraction for me. They are also an intellectual and social challenge .....they put me on my toes

At the same time, dealing with them is not easy......but worth it
its true
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by Parpor(m): 12:25pm On May 11, 2016
NiRfreak:

Op i think this is a fantastic reply..
Am even currently looking for an older lady to date
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by franks123(m): 1:46pm On May 11, 2016

TAKE THIS GUYS ADVICE..............Its okay
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by Gudsyd(f): 3:34pm On May 11, 2016
thanx to u all
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 11, 2016
Do tell him.
Re: I Really Need Your Advice Friends by ghostwritter(m): 4:27pm On May 11, 2016
putting myself in ur boyfriend's shoes....it is better u tell me than for me to find out from another source angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Real Man Holds The DOOR.! ='( / My Expirience With My Flat Mate: Hillarious & Shocking Tweets / My Girlfriend Brother And Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.