Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings (1248 Views)

He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? / How Do I Tell My Wife Without Hurting Her Feeling? / How Do You Turn A Lady Down Without Hurting Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by Akinonnairaland(m): 10:07am On May 11, 2016
A man may want you because a part of him feels drawn and attracted to you, but, you’re not interested in this guy.
You want to tell him to stop, you just don't know the best way to. Here some tips that will help you in turning down a guy nicely without necessarily being mean about it. No one likes a meanie, and that reputation might prevent a good guy from ever approaching you. Forget what you see in the movies.

Be Honest, Just Say No
Honesty is the best policy! You can be honest and still be nice, and believe me he’ll appreciate it in the long run, and wont have anything bad to say about you. A simple line like

“I think you’re a nice person, but I’m just not interested.”

Now remember it’s not exactly what you say but how you say it. Some Nigerian girls can say this simple statement with a lot of facial expression that leaves a man in tears. No need to be rude, or act like everyone has been disturbing you all night. Just be cordial and let him know

Offer The Friendzone
Now this works more so with someone you already know (a coursemate, reading partner, church member, family friend etc.) but it could also work with someone you meet. The standard “we can still be friends” or “I look at you as a brother” always works to soften the blow of rejection, and most guys will either take the hint, or take the friendzone status. Either way you’re off the hook… for now.
Warning: Most of the guys around this days hate it when you try to friendzone them, they push to make you "a friend with benefits" so you really need to becareful.
The magic word is:

“we can still be friends”

Claim To Be Dating Someone Else
Yes I know this is risky, especially if this person already knows/thinks you’re single, but it’s worth a shot. “I have a boyfriend”, or better yet “I’m engaged” will work wonders for you most times. A lot of guys will quickly give you a nice smile, and tell you how lucky your imaginary man is. What about the guy that persists with some lame “what that gotta do with me” line? Tell him you expected more from a guy of his kind, he will shrink and apologize. Hey! You tried being nice once.
Warning: If you know you have a thing for him, do not try playing this card because if you turned in later, he will look at you like some girl who cheated on her guy with him. Some guys can be like that.
“I have a boyfriend”

Give Him Toke’s Facial Expression
He says: "I have feelings for you Toke, feelings that i think..." and then the face. This face will make any guy go away quickly! stop laughing to yourself jo and learn how to be nice with those guys you don't want to be with but won't let you be. Shout out to Toke Makinwa.

Hey, what are you waiting for? Share with your friends jo.

For More Relationship Updates and Tips, Please Add-up this
BB PIN: 5EEED915

Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by Nobody: 10:10am On May 11, 2016
Ok...... undecided

Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by carolinejames: 10:14am On May 11, 2016
Noted...
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by sinaj(f): 10:15am On May 11, 2016
Some guys can be stubborn tho sad

Evn if u tell dem u r dating, u will hear words like... 'baby lemme manage it like that', it won't cause any harm, I will treat u better than ur bf lol

U go jux tire grin
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by queenoflafia(f): 10:15am On May 11, 2016
Guys are used to rejection .they don't really get hurt when rejected.
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by Akinonnairaland(m): 10:20am On May 11, 2016
What about the guy that persists with some lame “what that gotta do with me” line? Tell him you expected more from a guy of his kind, he will shrink and apologize. Hey! You tried being nice once.
sinaj:

Evn if u tell dem u r dating, u will hear words like... 'baby lemme manage it like that', it won't cause any harm, I will treat u better than ur bf lol

U go jux tire grin

As Sinaj is here am sure this will make front page....
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by Nobody: 10:20am On May 11, 2016
A girl's snub alone is a sign that she is not interested.I will swerve ASAP
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by Akinonnairaland(m): 10:21am On May 11, 2016
this write up teaches you how to reject without hurting the guy na...
queenoflafia:
Guys are used to rejection
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by queenoflafia(f): 10:24am On May 11, 2016
Akinonnairaland:
this write up teaches you how to reject without hurting the guy na...
Guys don't get hurt when rejected only ladies do.
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by Ballmer: 10:24am On May 11, 2016
sinaj:

U go jux tire grin

But the truth is I will so long that girl as your kind of composure and tact trust me I would treat you beta than your bf.
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by sinaj(f): 10:25am On May 11, 2016
Akinonnairaland:
What about the guy that persists with some lame “what that gotta do with me” line? Tell him you expected more from a guy of his kind, he will shrink and apologize. Hey! You tried being nice once.

As Sinaj is here am sure this will make front page....

Lmao! grin fp ni

Am sinaj not olajumoke tongue

1 Like

Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by jtwest(m): 10:26am On May 11, 2016
Akinonnairaland:
A man may want you because a part of him feels drawn and attracted to you, but, you’re not interested in this guy.
You want to tell him to stop, you just don't know the best way to. Here some tips that will help you in turning down a guy nicely without necessarily being mean about it. No one likes a meanie, and that reputation might prevent a good guy from ever approaching you. Forget what you see in the movies.

Be Honest, Just Say No
Honesty is the best policy! You can be honest and still be nice, and believe me he’ll appreciate it in the long run, and wont have anything bad to say about you. A simple line like

Now remember it’s not exactly what you say but how you say it. Some Nigerian girls can say this simple statement with a lot of facial expression that leaves a man in tears. No need to be rude, or act like everyone has been disturbing you all night. Just be cordial and let him know

Offer The Friendzone
Now this works more so with someone you already know (a coursemate, reading partner, church member, family friend etc.) but it could also work with someone you meet. The standard “we can still be friends” or “I look at you as a brother” always works to soften the blow of rejection, and most guys will either take the hint, or take the friendzone status. Either way you’re off the hook… for now.
Warning: Most of the guys around this days hate it when you try to friendzone them, they push to make you "a friend with benefits" so you really need to becareful.
The magic word is:

Claim To Be Dating Someone Else
Yes I know this is risky, especially if this person already knows/thinks you’re single, but it’s worth a shot. “I have a boyfriend”, or better yet “I’m engaged” will work wonders for you most times. A lot of guys will quickly give you a nice smile, and tell you how lucky your imaginary man is. What about the guy that persists with some lame “what that gotta do with me” line? Tell him you expected more from a guy of his kind, he will shrink and apologize. Hey! You tried being nice once.
Warning: If you know you have a thing for him, do not try playing this card because if you turned in later, he will look at you like some girl who cheated on her guy with him. Some guys can be like that.

Give Him Toke’s Facial Expression
He says: "I have feelings for you Toke, feelings that i think..." and then the face. This face will make any guy go away quickly! stop laughing to yourself jo and learn how to be nice with those guys you don't want to be with but won't let you be. Shout out to Toke Makinwa.

Hey, what are you waiting for? Share with your friends jo.

For More Relationship Updates and Tips, Please Add-up this
BB PIN: 5EEED915

Answer back:
1. If Jesus say yes, baby who are u to say no.
2. What! Friendzone? dats like the most offensive thing, everybody just about it on social media.
3. Dating someone else? Haaaa! Come on ya not dating up to ur potential, try me.
4. Are we making funny faces? Awwww dats cute.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by sinaj(f): 10:28am On May 11, 2016
queenoflafia:

huh shocked

That's not true o!

Guys get hurt more serzly!

They will feel xo bad that u wud wnt to date them out of pity!

They can go to any extent to get a girl if they truly love her.
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by sinaj(f): 10:30am On May 11, 2016
jtwest:

Answer back:
2. What! Friendzone? dats like the most offensive thing, everybody just about it on social media.
3. Dating someone else? Haaaa! Come on ya not dating up to ur potential, try me.
Rotfl cheesy u xo on point lol

1 Like

Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by firstking01(m): 10:31am On May 11, 2016
embarassed
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by petux(m): 10:32am On May 11, 2016
sometimes persistence pays!

1 Like

Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by Akinonnairaland(m): 10:37am On May 11, 2016
lol, the cat sees himself as a tiger in the mirror, he says "hey i am a tiger" and i did believe the cat standing in front of me is a tiger. I am like that ma, i can say you see yourself as famous as Olajumoke. grin
sinaj:

Lmao! grin fp ni

Am sinaj not olajumoke tongue
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by Tafari1(m): 10:39am On May 11, 2016
Life's too sweet to get attached to someone. You no like me, no time, unto the next chick. Kò kàn ayé
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by Olasco93: 10:41am On May 11, 2016
Nice Thread.
Some Girls are just not matured enough to be called Ladies in this aspect. Some will just say the Right things the wrong way.
Some will just throw a Bomb at a guy and regret it later.
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by Akinonnairaland(m): 10:41am On May 11, 2016
LOL this guy is a player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jtwest:

Answer back:

Oya defend yourself na, see how you just turn everything around for your favor. Na you compose the song "I can see everything turning around" abi
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by Akinonnairaland(m): 10:43am On May 11, 2016
I am a guy, i can tell you how i feel when i get a NO from the girl i like to be with.
queenoflafia:

Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by queenoflafia(f): 10:51am On May 11, 2016
Akinonnairaland:
I am a guy, i can tell you how i feel when i get a NO from the girl i like to be with.
Ain't you used to it?
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by Countrygirl(f): 11:05am On May 11, 2016
Some guyz are just so stuborn, after using all those lines up there and he persists i will outrightly tell him 2stop disturbing me.
Re: Ways To Reject A Guy Without Hurting His Feelings by Akinonnairaland(m): 11:25am On May 11, 2016
No, maybe cos i do not go about asking all the ladies around me for a relationship grin
queenoflafia:

Ain't you used to it?

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Right Here (picture) / Preferably Which??? / What Questions Should You Never Ask A Guy/man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.