Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

President Buhari Agrees With David Cameron That Nigeria Is Fantastically Corrupt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Agrees With David Cameron That Nigeria Is Fantastically Corrupt (741 Views)

Buhari Agrees To Swap Boko Haram Prisoners For Chibok Girls / Buhari Meets With David Mark At The State House.pics / Wike Meets With David Moyes, Kanu Nwankwo And Others In Port-harcourt. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

President Buhari Agrees With David Cameron That Nigeria Is Fantastically Corrupt by ATERI(m): 11:19pm On May 11, 2016
The President of Nigeria has told Sky News in London that yes Nigeria is fantastically corrupt. Well, I don`t just know what to say. He said it and everybody heard it. Why is this country this unlucky?
Re: President Buhari Agrees With David Cameron That Nigeria Is Fantastically Corrupt by seunlayi(m): 11:33pm On May 11, 2016
Dullardino

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Agrees With David Cameron That Nigeria Is Fantastically Corrupt by Krossbow123: 11:43pm On May 11, 2016
What else were u expecting him to say? Fear will not let him ask for an apology like any other serious presidents. Mess with a country like Zimbabwe n see what Mugabe will do
Re: President Buhari Agrees With David Cameron That Nigeria Is Fantastically Corrupt by Lionsclaw: 11:50pm On May 11, 2016
Is this what Dullard is all about? grin
1st he says "I dont care about my people's dignity all I want is money/assets, so no need for Cameron to apologise"

And then next he destroys naija image again before the world.

Oh Buhari the zombies just clapping for you just now, where do you want them to hide their face now
Re: President Buhari Agrees With David Cameron That Nigeria Is Fantastically Corrupt by GINJALAND: 11:54pm On May 11, 2016
Re: President Buhari Agrees With David Cameron That Nigeria Is Fantastically Corrupt by ATERI(m): 4:33am On May 12, 2016
Once London newspapers are defending our country better than our President, I accept that there is a huge problem. This is The Guardian (London) in its editorial earlier yesterday after David Cameron`s insults:

"There are times when a manual earth-restructuring implement is best referred to as a spade, so let us speak plainly. A summit will be held tomorrow in a city that is internationally recognized as a tax haven. It is being hosted by a politician who admitted last month that he has personally profited from offshore finance and whose party is bankrolled by an industry that makes extravagant use of those tax havens. Not only that, he has intervened to aid tax avoiders. That is right, David Cameron is holding a meeting on corruption.

The West have spent decades ordering poor countries and failed states to sort out their problems with dodgy money, even while taking much of that dodgy money and ploughing it through their banks, their ritzy stores, their estate agents, and their offshore tax havens- with barely any questions asked or eyebrows raised. When Mr Cameron was caught on camera yesterday boasting to the Queen of the "fantastically corrupt countries" turning up at Lancaster House this week, he might have mentioned that Afghanistan is a failed state that did not get any less failed over 13 years of British intervention. And he should certainly have mentioned that the president of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, is coming to London to lobby it to sort out the tax havens in its own backyard. Indeed, Mr Cameron might have quoted a letter sent to him a fortnight ago by campaigners in Nigeria
" We are embarked on a nationwide anti-corruption campaign ," the letter said. "But these efforts are sadly undermined if countries such as your own are welcoming our corrupt to hide their ill-gotten gains in your luxury homes, department stores, car dealerships, private schools and anywhere else that will accept their cash with no questions asked. The role of London`s property market as vessels to conceal stolen wealth has been exposed in court documents, reports, documentaries and more."

So the speaker of the Nigerian senate, Bukola Saraki, currently facing allegations that he failed to declare his assets, owns a property in London`s Belgravia in his own name. But last month`s Panama Papers revealed that the £5.7m property next door is owned by companies incorporated in the Seychelles and British Virgin Islands, whose respective shareholders are Saraki`s wife and former special assistant. And a £1.65m townhouse in Kensington is shown as belonging to a BVI company whose sole shareholder is Folorunsho Coker, former head of the number plate production of Lagos State and currently business adviser to governor of Lagos. None of these individuals may have done anything wrong,but the charge from those campaigners is hard to duck. Under successive governments, from Thatcher to Blair to Cameron, London has become the financial centre for the world`s dirty money.

A third of all the trillions hiding offshore are sitting in tax havens linked to the UK, according to Oxfam. These havens rely on Britain for security and protection"
Re: President Buhari Agrees With David Cameron That Nigeria Is Fantastically Corrupt by ATERI(m): 4:39am On May 12, 2016
seunlayi:
Dullardino

I honestly think it`s old age that is catching up with him; this is beyond being a dullard
Re: President Buhari Agrees With David Cameron That Nigeria Is Fantastically Corrupt by ATERI(m): 4:45am On May 12, 2016
Krossbow123:
What else were u expecting him to say? Fear will not let him ask for an apology like any other serious presidents. Mess with a country like Zimbabwe n see what Mugabe will do

Someone once told me that he says all these things because he feels inferior when he is abroad. I can`t really dismiss any theory. I mean, what could the problem be? I actually prefer no president to Buhari, right now.
Re: President Buhari Agrees With David Cameron That Nigeria Is Fantastically Corrupt by ATERI(m): 4:49am On May 12, 2016
Lionsclaw:
Is this what Dullard is all about? grin
1st he says "I dont care about my people's dignity all I want is money/assets, so no need for Cameron to apologise"

And then next he destroys naija image again before the world.

Oh Buhari the zombies just clapping for you just now, where do you want them to hide their face now

Destruction indeed!!
Re: President Buhari Agrees With David Cameron That Nigeria Is Fantastically Corrupt by Mynd44: 4:52am On May 12, 2016

(1)

My Question On Fuel Subsidy Removal / News Flash: Nigeria Ready To Devalue Naira – Osinbajo / CCT Chairman Has No Regard For 2nd CCT Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.