Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? (9263 Views)

How ‘do You Know Who I Am?’ Got An Army Officer And His Wife In Trouble In Abuja / Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? / What Do You Tell Your Current Employer If You Want To Go For Interview Elsewhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by AskIfa(m): 7:44am On May 12, 2016
Tell him, 'Oga, I'll be attending an important family meeting with my relations from so so time to so so time. E don finish.

1 Like

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by AprokoTV(m): 7:50am On May 12, 2016
Tell him you're going for another interview, simple
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by IrradiatoR: 7:53am On May 12, 2016
hottathanfire:
You can't eat your cake and have it....Unless you are a magician.

if it is absolutely impossible for you
to take a day off,
1. fall sick intentionally and the hospital will be ur interview and show up at work the following day looking healthier than all your co-workers

2. lie that your mum's mother sister paternal grandma died (the idea is to confuse him) and that you are suppose to dig the grave according to tradition or the consequence will be that your boss will die in 7days (the idea is to give him knockout that will make him give you one month off)

And if these didn't work, then read my first sentence again and resign if it is worth it cos you will create a job for another job seeker. GOODLUCK!!!!

that number 2 may earn him sack letter. . .
he'd rather loose him than loose his life. . .
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by charlsecy(m): 7:54am On May 12, 2016
hottathanfire:
You can't eat your cake and have it.
Surprisingly, it is "you can't have your cake and eat it."
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by permanentgrace(m): 7:54am On May 12, 2016
Oluseguntee:
I recently got a job this month. Their pay is actually good compared to others. Before I resumed there, I had done a test somewhere else which promises to pay better than this one I am working in. They now called me this week for a final test that will come up next week. My problem is how do you tell my present work place you have an interview somewhere else considering I just resumed with them. Note: I took permission for something few days ago. Please help a bro.

If either of your parents has died before, then the same parent or the other one must die now. Tell them your Papa or Mama just died and you need to rush down home. Just like Civil Servants do. Some of them, their Papa don die 20times. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Sunnypar(m): 7:58am On May 12, 2016
Nigerian graduate are dull. Currently fuel sells @ 145 naira plus the fact that its raining exploit that option to the fullest. I not suppose to read it to you in balcl and white use your brain.
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by STENON(f): 8:02am On May 12, 2016
Give the Phone to your wife or mum to call your boss on your behalf that you'r sick.
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by ThomasMills: 8:03am On May 12, 2016
Hey what's up!
I've come across a profile on instagram lately and now I want to share sth with u. There they post pictures of people who had been literally nothing and became everything, really successful. There it is: https://www.instagram.com/global_intergold/?hl=en. I was wondering how they did it and 've found out that it's because of gold. The thing is, they buy gold in some Global InterGold shop and earn with it. Might be helpful for those who are interested in gold.
PS: the pics are fabulous. So motivating! cheesy
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by queenfav(f): 8:07am On May 12, 2016
refreshrate:

Don't forget to lie on your back with your head over the edge of the bed when you make the call.

Thank me later
u are a comedian...wud try it soon..The sickness excuse doesn't really fly with my boss o..u go bring medical report when u resume.
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by cosmicrayboi(m): 8:11am On May 12, 2016
very simple, boss.. grandma just died, and i need to go to village and see how things are with them, they need my presence urgently, i just need some day off.. u fit like take 3 or 4days.. cool
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by pabjo: 8:11am On May 12, 2016
hottathanfire:

to take a day off,
1. fall sick intentionally and the hospital will be ur interview and show up at work the following day looking healthier than all your co-workers

2. lie that your mum's mother sister paternal grandma died (the idea is to confuse him) and that you are suppose to dig the grave according to tradition or the consequence will be that your boss will die in 7days (the idea is to give him knockout that will make him give you one month off)

And if these didn't work, then read my first sentence again and resign if it is worth it cos you will create a job for another job seeker. GOODLUCK!!!!

lmfao
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by dabrake(m): 8:15am On May 12, 2016
I remember telling my boss that my sister's introduction is at the corner and that I, as the first son of my late dad, must stand in as her dad.
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by hringbraut: 8:22am On May 12, 2016
How do I lie?
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by hottathanfire(m): 8:35am On May 12, 2016
charlsecy:

No be me get my cake, so why can't I eat it when I have it...

Bro, that's English for you oo, I tire for the shii called English but not for English money though cos na so so smile that one dey configure
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by kilonso001(m): 8:46am On May 12, 2016
was recently in ur shoes. I didnt tell anyone that i wont be coming to the office the next day. On the interview day, i called and told them i was caught by BRT officials for driving on he BRT lane. Come see as they swallow the bait. everyone was calling me to sympatise with me. meanwhile I was at the venue of the interview all through. try this trick. it will work

Oluseguntee:
I recently got a job this month. Their pay is actually good compared to others. Before I resumed there, I had done a test somewhere else which promises to pay better than this one I am working in. They now called me this week for a final test that will come up next week. My problem is how do you tell my present work place you have an interview somewhere else considering I just resumed with them. Note: I took permission for something few days ago. Please help a bro.

1 Like

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by loomer: 8:50am On May 12, 2016
You don't tell, just call in sick and go for your interview
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Nobody: 8:51am On May 12, 2016
charlsecy:

You can choose any one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_can%27t_have_your_cake_and_eat_it
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Icon4s(m): 8:59am On May 12, 2016
Don't even dare tell him o shocked
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by ephi123(f): 9:00am On May 12, 2016
Nigeria the nation of liars!! No one should talk when next the country is referred to as fantastically corrupt, more of fantastically dishonest.

OP,
Hope you know a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. You have secured a job with a reasonable pay and you want to jeopardize it for something not absolutely certain; you also recently still took time off not long ago. Don't think your boss is not noticing all these, build a good foundation in this your current job, get more skills, and when it's time to move you will know.
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by just2okworld(f): 9:17am On May 12, 2016
hottathanfire:

to take a day off,

JeesuJeesu grin
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by OlujobaSamuel: 9:18am On May 12, 2016
op, I don't want you to lie, so I will advise you on a professional level.
we are in a cold weather period, get a very chilled schweppes, take it 2days before the interview, you will have catarrh that day or next, there's every likelihood that it will leads to malaria as it's also a symptom of fever, when it becomes chronic the next day, tell them you won't be available tomorrow because you need to treat yourself of fever.
they will even suggest you not to self medicate but to visit a hospital due to the way you will look like, after work, get antimalarial and septrin plus vit-c, you are good to go for the interview.
no lies, got what you want, back to work. hope for the best.
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by agrovick(m): 9:31am On May 12, 2016
carolope:
Well, I just read this so if any of my employees fall sick today....
grin grin grin
Hahaha, I promise I won't fall sick grin

1 Like

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by stubbornman(m): 9:32am On May 12, 2016
just form fainting when you dey office... thank me later you can send me card if you want undecided
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by avicky(f): 9:36am On May 12, 2016
kilonso001:
was recently in ur shoes. I didnt tell anyone that i wont be coming to the office the next day. On the interview day, i called and told them i was caught by BRT officials for driving on he BRT lane. Come see as they swallow the bait. everyone was calling me to sympatise with me. meanwhile I was at the venue of the interview all through. try this trick. it will work

What if he isn't mobile?

Op, I will advise you stick to your job. What if the job you're pursuing, they begin to delay salaries or retrench their staff? Don't think of the present. Relax.
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by charlsecy(m): 9:58am On May 12, 2016
hottathanfire:
that's English for you oo, I tire for the shii called English...
Fortissimo:
You can choose any one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_can%27t_have_your_cake_and_eat_it
Perhaps, but the modern and more common variant is "you can't have your cake and eat it."
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by showblack(m): 10:02am On May 12, 2016
dandollaz:
The day Before the d day of the interview.hold your stomach and shout that it bites you hard,if possible fell on ground and hokd ur stomach tight,they will beg u to go hospital.yhank me later.

You nailed it. Correct G
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by adekanmbi1986(m): 10:20am On May 12, 2016
Oluseguntee:
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:44am On May 12, 2016
i had a similar case at work too, was worried all through the night. I just went without informing anyone, on my way i sent a text to my boss stating that i wanted to go check my stomach. grin oga no fear, nothing they happen
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by zeedof(m): 11:13am On May 12, 2016
If your current working place has restroom, try to spend 90% of your working hour a day before your interview in restroom, tell your boss you having stomach issue and you have been taking many med. am sure your boss won't be expecting you next day or you can easily tell your boss you in hospital... Don't take it as lie am a MOG only giving you a way forward
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by lexylexy(m): 11:16am On May 12, 2016
carolope:
Well, I just read this so if any of my employees fall sick today....
grin grin grin

My sister if any of ur employees fall sick,not only today but anyday from today,pls jst contact me so I can replace them. I promise not to fall sick in Jesus name. Amen. Thank you. U can check my signature for my contact. grin

1 Like

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by fidukpong: 2:32pm On May 12, 2016
Please! please!! please!!! don't ever share with your boss, you may not like the outcome because you can't predict his reaction. I can't tell you my experience. That's my millions advise
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by XtraSmooth404: 2:42pm On May 12, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Start A Business With Just N10,000 / What You Should Know About Some Interviews / Police Promote 8,916 Senior Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.