Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? (9260 Views)

How ‘do You Know Who I Am?’ Got An Army Officer And His Wife In Trouble In Abuja / Is It Good To Tell Your Boss You Are Resigning Or Take Your Salary And Leave? / What Do You Tell Your Current Employer If You Want To Go For Interview Elsewhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 12, 2016
D ones i av head so far is tooth ache problems or ear ache.

Two (2) days

Fake wth d use of paracetamol and start teling them u av pains @ ur ear n left tooth.

A day

Buy another stronger pain reliever such as sivofemol. and flash it to them once in a while.

On the Day of interview make a call to ur boss or a subordinate and talk in a low voice that u will off to a general hospital for medication.

Get to a general hospital and tell d doctor u av running stomach. he will direct u to the lab where they will write their latin prescription. Make a copy.

Bring that along while coming to work the next dat incase u are questioned.. Shikena
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by guiddoti: 3:05pm On May 12, 2016
sulez come read Nigerian linus Mba here grin grin grin grin
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by stainlessnature: 4:47pm On May 12, 2016
Oluseguntee:
I recently got a job this month. Their pay is actually good compared to others. Before I resumed there, I had done a test somewhere else which promises to pay better than this one I am working in. They now called me this week for a final test that will come up next week. My problem is how do you tell my present work place you have an interview somewhere else considering I just resumed with them. Note: I took permission for something few days ago. Please help a bro.
tell him u r purging seriously. And you are yet to get better. Tell him u will show up later in the day to work
Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by kikelomojessy(f): 5:59pm On May 12, 2016
hottathanfire:
You can't eat your cake and have it....Unless you are a magician.

if it is absolutely impossible for you
to take a day off,
1. fall sick intentionally and the hospital will be ur interview and show up at work the following day looking healthier than all your co-workers

2. lie that your mum's mother sister paternal grandma died (the idea is to confuse him) and that you are suppose to dig the grave according to tradition or the consequence will be that your boss will die in 7days (the idea is to give him knockout that will make him give you one month off)

And if these didn't work, then read my first sentence again and resign if it is worth it cos you will create a job for another job seeker. GOODLUCK!!!!

Laugh wan kill me! I just love some comment on nairaland!

1 Like

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by Ojisik(m): 7:41pm On May 12, 2016
I've been in this quagmire multiple times. I believe that HR people aren't serious about poaching talent from other companies until they learn to start recruitment processes on Saturdays and Sundays.

My CV boldly states tbat I'm presently employed and you're still scheduling me for weekdays. How can I make it. If I do make it,isn't that a sign of dishonesty or lack of dedication to my present job which should be a red flag for you?

I'LL like any HR personnel in the house to shed more light on this.

2 Likes

Re: Got An Interview, How Do You Tell Your Present Boss? by cr80vity(m): 9:13am On May 13, 2016
think and u wil get an idea bt dnt b too righteous to tel him...u might b surprise at d consequences aftermath plus u might loose his trust

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What You Should Know About Some Interviews / Start A Business With Just N10,000 / Is It Right To Give My Company A Week Resignation Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.