Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari (18209 Views)

Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha / Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest / Opinion: Should Tony Elumelu Contest Presidency 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by canalily(m): 12:42pm On May 12, 2016
Fulani Owelle wey don join PDP;DEgringringrin
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Nwaisuochi(m): 12:43pm On May 12, 2016
refreshrate:
Okorocha sorriest excuse for an easterner ...sorriest excuse for a man

Less than useless
I hope he contests as an Hausa man because those of us who were born of igbo parents will not vote for OKOROAWUSA even if it means no igbo man will ever be a president of the Zoo
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by JegaQuin: 12:43pm On May 12, 2016
blueto:
Nigeria was the 3rd fastest growing economy under GEJ/PDP. Now, Nigeria is no longer part of 10 top fastest growing economy in Africa under the Buhari.

What a fabulous achievement for Buhari. Nigeria is now one of the fastest retrogressing economy under Buhari .

https://www.thecable.ng/15-fastest-growing-economies-africa-nigeria-not-one?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6920219177

Who's the owner of thecable.ng?
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by DropShot: 12:45pm On May 12, 2016
wordychap:

Talking as if buhari is doing well presently
In 2019 he'll be defeated if he allows a free n fair election
By who nah?

Why will he not allow free and fair election? Anything to think in that direction?
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Kingspin(m): 12:46pm On May 12, 2016
DropShot:
No way for any other politician in 2019 as far as PMB is still contesting.

And if you doubt me, tell us who you think has a 50% chance of defeating him?
If you think Buhari is the only person qualify out of 170million Nigerians then we have more reasons to worry.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by DropShot: 12:50pm On May 12, 2016
Kingspin:
If you think Buhari is the only person qualify out of 170million Nigerians then we have more reasons to worry.
And why is it difficult for you to think another credible candidate so we don't have any reason to worry?
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Dephilos: 12:56pm On May 12, 2016
Buhari or bugari, u no go anywere atall, better sidon 4 ur hauz d chop ur semo or u go fail die wella...na me dey tell u. ;DBuhari or bugari, u no go anywere atall, better sidon 4 ur hauz d chop ur semo or u go fail die wella...na me dey tell u.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by BarryX(m): 1:08pm On May 12, 2016
DropShot:

Buhari had always stood a chance but for rigging.

Go check records.
Stood a chance when?
Which year was that? And who rigged his election and please make the records open?

Nigerians are the most forgetful people in the universe.

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by meekmiki6: 1:26pm On May 12, 2016
I can't vote for u even in 2023@rochas
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by MrRichy(m): 1:33pm On May 12, 2016
let me just take this as a joke... okorocha won't even win chairman of his village meeting... talk more of PRESIDENCY.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by DropShot: 1:37pm On May 12, 2016
BarryX:
Stood a chance when?
Which year was that? And who rigged his election and please make the records open?

Nigerians are the most forgetful people in the universe.

A man who, in 2003 singlehandedly scored 12.7 million (32% of all votes) votes against the rigging machine of PDP, who got 12.2 million (still 32%) against GEJ in 2011 despite the massive rigging still, is the man you say he never stood a chance?

If anyone is forgetful or lazy to check records, it's you.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 12, 2016
he s now sayin he shelvd his polical ambitn 4 buhari,he cant even win his partys primary electn f he dares 2 contest...smh
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 12, 2016
Any thing can happen in the zoo.

long live
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by yinkslinks(m): 1:51pm On May 12, 2016
Foolish talk. As if you will even get up to 100 likes on NL.
ujoatu:
GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA SAYS HE WON’T RUN FOR PRESIDENCY IN 2019 BECAUSE OF PRESIDENT BUHARI

Governor of Imo State and the chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Governors’ Forum, Owelle Rochas Okorocha has said that he won’t contest the 2019 presidential election because of President Mohammadu Buhari, adding that the President has so far shown leadership and should be encouraged to that effect.

Governor Okorocha had spoken weekend while answering questions from senior media practitioners who he had conducted around some of the key projects of his administration stressing that his long-time desire for the presidency of the country has been to provide the much needed leadership, and said since President Buhari has shown that kind of courageous, visionary and people-oriented leadership, the best bet for him at the moment is to encourage and support him to continue beyond 2019.

He continued, “Yes, I have been running for the presidency of this great nation until God said I should settle for the Imo governorship. And that passion to become the president of the country is not just borne out of the thirst for the position, but had arisen out of the eagerness to offer the nation and her people a strong leadership, the essence would be to build a nation of our collective dreams and aspirations.”

He further remarked “President Buhari came in almost one year now and within the one year, Nigeria has once again got the doors of the rest of the world opened for her. He has shown courage, confidence, maturity and strong leadership. There is now high feelings of leadership in the country.

According to him, “what the President therefore needs in the circumstance is to be supported and encouraged to continue the good work even after 2019. For that reason, I have decided to keep my presidential ambition aside. It is also believed that others with such ambition would also want President Buhari to be given the required support to continue the good job, to a very large extent.”

Governor Okorocha also urged the media personnel in the project tour to also appreciate what President Buhari is doing for the nation at the moment by backing his policies and programmes in the overall interest of the nation, noting that the President has so far shown quality leadership.

The Imo Governor said, “God loves this country, and had also shown such love by making it possible for Buhari to emerge as President, because if the PDP had been allowed to continue in power beyond 2015, the nation and her people would have been in for it by now.

He urged Nigerians to continue to pray for the president.

Sam Onwuemeodo

Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 2:06pm On May 12, 2016
An indirect way of telling us that APC stand no chance by then.Credible leadership my ass.He has only provided leadership to his deluded self & hardcore zombies whose zombiesm will take eternity to be cured.Sorry they have started revolting ystdy grin

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by gidgiddy: 2:31pm On May 12, 2016
shamecurls:
Okorocha is the only option for an Eastern president to emerge due to his ties with the North.

The East isn't interested in the Presidency. The office of the president isn't worth anything. All it has done is produce one nincompoop after the other since 1966 when it was created by military fiat to date. I pray none of my fellow Igbos ever steps foot in there because he or she will be messed up. We do not need the cursed office of president of Nigeria.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by obianefoc(m): 2:58pm On May 12, 2016
with the way things are going now nigerians might nt want to vote PMB again cux we are suffering bt as an economics I will cux I know that developmental projects are nt easy
Bt for Rochas the guy is lame
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Splinz(m): 3:09pm On May 12, 2016
Who's this idiot?
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 12, 2016
Who will vote for him? I de laff in greek
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by Kingspin(m): 4:54pm On May 12, 2016
DropShot:

And why is it difficult for you to think another credible candidate so we don't have any reason to worry?
During the last election Kowa party candidate was the man for me. The shortcut to change Nigeria is vote out PDP/APC in any election. They are the same people with coat of many colors, take it or not. We should leave above social media, newspaper campaigning, and propaganding of candidate. With the type of politics we play down here, these big parties can rebrand even boko haram leader for president, etc.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by chigaemezuogu: 4:59pm On May 12, 2016
Okorocha knows too well that he will fail from his country home Ogboko let alone his Ideato South LGA. He should support biafra cause than beating about the bush canvassing for favour from buhari which will nt work.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by BarryX(m): 8:03pm On May 12, 2016
DropShot:

A man who, in 2003 singlehandedly scored 12.7 million (32% of all votes) votes against the rigging machine of PDP, who got 12.2 million (still 32%) against GEJ in 2011 despite the massive rigging still, is the man you say he never stood a chance?

If anyone is forgetful or lazy to check records, it's you.
You still haven't told us when he was rigged out
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by kessler53(m): 10:29pm On May 12, 2016
DropShot:
No way for any other politician in 2019 as far as PMB is still contesting.

And if you doubt me, tell us who you think has a 50% chance of defeating him?
Kwankwaso,Sule Lamido and myself.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by DropShot: 3:28am On May 13, 2016
kessler53:
Kwankwaso,Sule Lamido and myself.
Both combined as opponent on the ballot paper can't come close.
Re: Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari by NovusHomo(m): 1:51pm On May 24, 2016
eph12:

Don't know about never from his side. Whether from his side or not the suffering is increasing everyday. We are advised to suffer and smile always. Hope you are too my brother?

Who me? My brother, I am sooo far away and removed from that. I am praying for you all. Stay strong. Meanwhile, try and plant vegetables of all sorts on that little piece of land behind your house. Tell your friends and family to do the same. Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Charles Aniagwu: Wike Didn’t Respect Zoning In Rivers in 2015, Ayu Won’t Resign / Nigerian Muslims Lets Wake Up Before Boko Haram Hijacks Our Religion / Things You Must Know About The Nigerian Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.