Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,573 members, 7,770,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:09 AM

Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months (20106 Views)

My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do / I Found My Father After 24 Years, But... / My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by Olaimpeccable(f): 8:27am On May 28, 2016
There is another Faith Onita on Facebook, and trust she is a member of your family also from Omoku. It's possible she is your sister sef.. Just try add them up on FB. I hope you find him.

Stay safe
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by Tim2020: 8:39am On May 28, 2016
Sorry bro there is Nothing God Can not do i past through this type of problem before but today i know my father i found my father through Facebook he was living in dubai with out know child. He now loves me so very much.. I fast for 3 days dry fasting before God hook us up believe in God You will find him.. Ask your mum your fathers names and also ask him weather he knows any of him his brothers name You can find him through Facebook trust me
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by buoye1(m): 9:25am On May 28, 2016
AreaFada2:

Dude, money is not everything. His feeling is very natural. He has missed the love of his parents, their rushing back when he's rich won't plug that hole.

In the African setting, a man belongs to his dad's home. No matter who brought him up. A big part of his identity is missing.

Let me relate what happened a while ago. A friend of mine died about two years back. He had a baby with his ex-wife. Things didn't work out and the woman sought divorce. Even though it was the lady who shamefully messed up big time.

Despite his enormous heartbreak, he sought to be there for the child. But the Western lady (this is in diaspora) frustrated all his efforts and kept the kid away. She even fabricated domestic violence to keep him away. But Caucasian neighbours in flats around them said they never heard raised voices in their flat over the years, let alone violence. They all said my friend was a real gentleman. She kept fabricating things.

I think she was & is determined to ensure her child never finds out about her shameful/scandalous behaviour while still married to the dad.

Then work took my friend to another country. Over time, the guy just hoped the ex will change her mind and allow contact. But no way.

I was at an event a few weeks ago and bumped into this lady. I was shocked to hear that she never heard that her ex had died. Or that he had moved to another country to work for years. Let alone that he had a wife and kids after remarrying.

I stopped asking my friend about 5 years after the divorce because each time I did, he felt very sad about the divorce and bad experience.

Now, my worry is what kind of lies has she been feeding that child? How will the child now be seeing African men?

The child probably believes the dad is right there in same city & never cares. Even though he moved abroad a decade ago & and is over 2 years dead. Would she even tell the child that the dad is dead?

How will this affect the child now entering the teenage years? And even as a grown up?

Note: I deliberate used "the" instead of him or her to ensure some anonymity for the child.
Thanks for your opinion.... You typed from the angle you're seeing things.... Good day sir
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by ismayl: 9:40am On May 28, 2016
forgiv ur mum, ur dad put her through seroous variousbpains. she rembrs whn she sees u.summon her friends, let her giv u all details. wher they first met, who connected them, who witnessd it, sh shld get a clue tonhelp u. apologise to her on behalf of ur dad.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by pennywys(m): 9:51am On May 28, 2016
lovat:
Obj doesn't know his father but he became President. Get on with Life biko
you crack my ribs
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by GoodMuyis(m): 10:20am On May 28, 2016
officialmcfresh1:
In few months i'll be 29years but am yet to know who my biological father is. I'm a 400level student of university of port harcourt from omoku in rivers state atleast so I was told by my grand parents.

STOP!
Stop looking for your dad; as long as you still have your mom and she is alive.
You may be having pains but you have to let go, the chance of reunited with him is narrow, so dont let that disturb your life. if you are missing him just PRAY to God.

I have a story similar to you with case of arbortionm but God save me an I was born into a Royal Family. I knew my Grand father before he died, he ia a good man, but somehow my father is distancing himself from me, I search him facebook add then as friend, but the account is not active OR he is not the social type so we have not communicate sine 2010 I added him. I know few people around him, his brother, his son who school at ABU Zaria.

Each time my mum called to initiate talks about me he usually drop the topic, till his number no longer went through. I will be Bleep this year and i never meet him only saw his pic.

You have never locate your..............But mine is distancing himself............ which is better............. sing this sing with me to God

"Eyin ni Baba.... To to baba"
"Eyin ni Baba.... To ju Baba lo"

1 Like

Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by fredie107(m): 10:30am On May 28, 2016
God is your Father
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by divineappo(m): 10:50am On May 28, 2016
officialmcfresh1:
In few months i'll be 29years but am yet to know who my biological father is. I'm a 400level student of university of port harcourt from omoku in rivers state atleast so I was told by my grand parents.

I was told my mum was dating my dad and she got pregnant then they both decided to abort the baby, they went to a native doctor who helped them with native drugs she took severely but the pregnancy could not be aborted. My mum almost died in this process, it was then her dad heard about it and took her to the hospital where she was taken care of.

Well. The baby was born (me). My grand dad called the family of my dad to come claim their child and take up their responsibility. Unfortunately the night to the day they were supposed to come see my grand day, my dad left to lagos and has never returned to this day.

My mum got married and has 4kids now and her family is doing very well. She left me with my grand parent who raised me. I didn't even know she was my mum till I was grown.

She never care about me from day one. I went through hell to go through primary and secondary school cause her dad is very old and wasn't working.

I did a lot of things just to survive cause somehow God was just blessing the works of my hands until I decided to go to the university. My mum and her family is well to do in every essence and we live in the same town almost the same street but not in the same house cause I still live at my grand parents house whenever I return from school.

Now my pain is. How do I find out who my dad is. All my mum knows about him is that his name is Mr Oputa Onita from Omoku community in rivers state. When I confronted her about it she told me he has an elder brother by name Mr Ikechukwu Onita and this man was fully aware of what happened but they don't reside her in omoku town and I can't even reach them.

Am living like a stronger in my town cause almost everyone knows about this story so much that I don't feel comfortable even with my younger ones anytime I go visiting.

I don't know how to go about this but I feel it's time I need to fine out who my real father is because I believe I have the right to know. I have never seen him before, not even a picture of what he looks like.

My mum doesn't care about this and she doesn't even care if I exist of not. Someone who can comfortably stay months without calling or hearing from me. Anytime she sees me it's like I make her angry cause she never smiles whenever she see me. Just that sometimes she pretends to smile but we both know we don't have that mother and son connection or relationship which I've in so many ways to bridge the gap but still to no positive output.

All this affects me emotionally but I jut pretend to be okey. This sometimes make me jealous of my younger ones even if I don't desire to be. My immediate younger brother who am older then with about 4years is done with school and is living in a two bedroom apartment, has a car which his dad bought for him while am still struggling to finish school and staying with my grand parent in my one room apartment. No matter how much I try not to feel it sometimes it just gets to me and make me feel bad. But I suck it up cus I can't complain.

Truth is I am not looking for my dad because of any financial benefits. Am almost done with school and the time I would've really needed him is past. I just want to know who my father is and at least call someone the name dad and stop me from having this emotional trauma.

Now she's been trying under pressure to see me through the university after I managed to get admission.

Please good people of Nairaland. I am confused and I need help on how to go about this, I just need to know who my dad is. He's still alive and living with his family in lagos but I don't even no where in lagos and no one would give me any concrete info about him.

Please anyone with any vital information on how I can reach him or how to go about this should pls contact me through this number 08032782297.

I have read threads on how people where able to find help in similar case like this here on nairaland and I believe I would do the same. This is the only reason am doing this.

Please mod help push this to front page so it can get to the right persons please.

Thank you very much and God bless you all.

you really dont need a rocket-scientist to find your dad, same way ur grand dad sent message to ur dad's family then, locate your dad's family, covertly infiltrate the family by becoming a friend to sum1 in the family, keep them close and wisely ask questions that will help u locate ur dad
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by sweetyme001(f): 11:39am On May 28, 2016
@Op, who father don epp? Forget those people and make money your father will come looking for you. Then you will tell him to his face daddy come closer and bring your ear let me tell you something; If he does Just shout with your last power " Your father".

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 28, 2016
See talk. If you know him, Wetin u want use am do?
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by Momcherry(f): 2:52pm On May 28, 2016
cry
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by gechyy2(f): 4:03pm On May 28, 2016
So touched by this story,op pls get details of your dad's village go there and find out things your self, your dad's relative would be the one to contact him easily for you.. I wish you luck... Emotional pain is the most hurtful of all especially love not given by parents.. I really wish you will be accepted by a parent..
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by coretechng1(m): 9:06pm On May 28, 2016
Your grand parents that struggled to raise you up are your real parents-dad and mum. Forget about these your biological mum and dad that never cared about you. I just keep wondering what's wrong with blacks. One of the greatest gifts in terms of human resources to this generation was Steve Jobs. He was raised by foster parents and he saw them as his real parents. So what's really wrong with blacks. Why do blacks think like this? People that never give a damn about whether you are alive or dead are the one you are craving to reach. Your grand parents that took care of you from infants till now are not your parents anymore right?
Common young man think straight and be happy . Don't allow inferiority complex affect your success in life. Be focused and prayerful about how you are going to succeed in life and take good care of those grand parents. I repeat:THERE ARE YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER. SHALOM.
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by jennifer10066(f): 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2016
officialmcfresh1:

I was told my mum was dating my dad and she got pregnant then they both decided to abort the baby, they went to a native doctor who helped them with native drugs she took severely but the pregnancy could not be aborted. My mum almost died in this process, it was then her dad heard about it and took her to the hospital where she was taken care of.

Well. The baby was born (me). My grand dad called the family of my dad to come claim their child and take up their responsibility. Unfortunately the night to the day they were supposed to come see my grand day, my dad left to lagos and has never returned to this day.

My mum got married and has 4kids now and her family is doing very well. She left me with my grand parent who raised me. I didn't even know she was my mum till I was grown.

She never care about me from day one. I went through hell to go through primary and secondary school cause her dad is very old and wasn't working.

I did a lot of things just to survive cause somehow God was just blessing the works of my hands until I decided to go to the university. My mum and her family is well to do in every essence and we live in the same town almost the same street but not in the same house cause I still live at my grand parents house whenever I return from school.

Now my pain is. How do I find out who my dad is. All my mum knows about him is that his name is Mr Oputa Onita from Omoku community in rivers state. When I confronted her about it she told me he has an elder brother by name Mr Ikechukwu Onita and this man was fully aware of what happened but they don't reside her in omoku town and I can't even reach them.

Am living like a stronger in my town cause almost everyone knows about this story so much that I don't feel comfortable even with my younger ones anytime I go visiting.

I don't know how to go about this but I feel it's time I need to fine out who my real father is because I believe I have the right to know. I have never seen him before, not even a picture of what he looks like.

My mum doesn't care about this and she doesn't even care if I exist of not. Someone who can comfortably stay months without calling or hearing from me. Anytime she sees me it's like I make her angry cause she never smiles whenever she see me. Just that sometimes she pretends to smile but we both know we don't have that mother and son connection or relationship which I've in so many ways to bridge the gap but still to no positive output.

All this affects me emotionally but I jut pretend to be okey. This sometimes make me jealous of my younger ones even if I don't desire to be. My immediate younger brother who am older then with about 4years is done with school and is living in a two bedroom apartment, has a car which his dad bought for him while am still struggling to finish school and staying with my grand parent in my one room apartment. No matter how much I try not to feel it sometimes it just gets to me and make me feel bad. But I suck it up cus I can't complain.

Truth is I am not looking for my dad because of any financial benefits. Am almost done with school and the time I would've really needed him is past. I just want to know who my father is and at least call someone the name dad and stop me from having this emotional trauma.

Now she's been trying under pressure to see me through the university after I managed to get admission.

Please good people of Nairaland. I am confused and I need help on how to go about this, I just need to know who my dad is. He's still alive and living with his family in lagos but I don't even no where in lagos and no one would give me any concrete info about him.

Please anyone with any vital information on how I can reach him or how to go about this should pls contact me through this number 08032782297.

I have read threads on how people where able to find help in similar case like this here on nairaland and I believe I would do the same. This is the only reason am doing this.

Please mod help push this to front page so it can get to the right persons please.

My story is quite similar t urs,i too just found out who my mum is. I tried contacting him twice bt he doesnt seem interested in us(i nd my twin sister) heard he is married without any child. He talks t me anyhow anytym i call him since then i stopped
Just pray he looks 4 u

1 Like

Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by viewflux(m): 10:21pm On Jun 13, 2016
OP: DO YOU CURRENTLY RESIDE IN OMOKU?
IF NO IS THE ANSWER, HAVE YOU GONE TO OMOKU TOWN TO FIND OUT THE FAMILY YOUR FATHER CAME FROM SO YOU CAN LOOK FOR Mr Ikechukwu Onita WHO IS HIS ELDER BROTHER IF HE HAS AN IDEA WHERE OPUTA ONITA IS?. IT WILL BE VERY EASY FOR YOU TO LOCATE.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by evasweet: 6:43am On Jun 14, 2016
Guy its not bad to want to know him.bt go ahead with ur education get a good job if possible marry and start having ur kids.u can now go see him no grudges jxt to know him know your real place of origin you can even know the place ND decide to settle wherever u wish bt knowing ur him if he is alive is important not just for you bt also for ur generation.i rest my case
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by titusmichael27(m): 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2021
My dad wrote our names before our mom gave birth to us. Michael and Gabriel. We are connected to each other in a special way that words can't explain. The only thing that was able to separate us for the first time was full time mission in Ghana. My brother tried some times ago to stay in portharcourt while I was in
uyo but he was so sick that there was nothing to cure such sickness than to come back home and as soon as he got home he was okay. At 12 years old we suffered the same sickness. No red meat. It's really funny what we did that evening when our dad brought the cow meat home, I mean raw. Gabriel tasted it ( raw) and I joined him and that was the end of eating meat for more than 12yrs in our lives. If by any mistake any of us taste the soup with meat stalk then no one will sleep or have rest of mind in our family. No medicine was able to reduce or put a stop to it. It start on his own and after probably taken a hot shower and the sleep to ease the pain and difficult breathing, the bombs will slowly go on it own. This happened to us alone in our entire family history. It's the most amazing thing to have a twin. I love him so much that I can't imagine loosing him a day. We go extra miles for each other. Gabriel died and came back when I was a kid. It was so terrible that even God knew I won't survive without him then. We do see things though. Invisible things, like spirit being or molecules of water rolling around. I have so much to share with you guys but this place is not enough. We're not just twin but supper resemble in a way that only our mom can tell and dad. Some times we play plank on them though. Our voice is the same.
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by chii8(f): 7:09pm On Oct 08, 2021
officialmcfresh1:

How far?did you later connect with your Dad?
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by yunqdady: 11:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
titusmichael27:
My dad wrote our names before our mom gave birth to us. Michael and Gabriel. We are connected to each other in a special way that words can't explain. The only thing that was able to separate us for the first time was full time mission in Ghana. My brother tried some times ago to stay in portharcourt while I was in
uyo but he was so sick that there was nothing to cure such sickness than to come back home and as soon as he got home he was okay. At 12 years old we suffered the same sickness. No red meat. It's really funny what we did that evening when our dad brought the cow meat home, I mean raw. Gabriel tasted it ( raw) and I joined him and that was the end of eating meat for more than 12yrs in our lives. If by any mistake any of us taste the soup with meat stalk then no one will sleep or have rest of mind in our family. No medicine was able to reduce or put a stop to it. It start on his own and after probably taken a hot shower and the sleep to ease the pain and difficult breathing, the bombs will slowly go on it own. This happened to us alone in our entire family history. It's the most amazing thing to have a twin. I love him so much that I can't imagine loosing him a day. We go extra miles for each other. Gabriel died and came back when I was a kid. It was so terrible that even God knew I won't survive without him then. We do see things though. Invisible things, like spirit being or molecules of water rolling around. I have so much to share with you guys but this place is not enough. We're not just twin but supper resemble in a way that only our mom can tell and dad. Some times we play plank on them though. Our voice is the same.
What's your point?
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by nairabacks(f): 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2021
officialmcfresh1:

Use the names your grandparents give you and search Facebook. You might be very surprised about who you eventually find.
Re: Help! I Don't Know My Father. I Will Be 29 In Few Months by beautyhd: 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2021
@op come and answer. What's the outcome of the search for your father?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court / Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? / What Is That Special Thing That Makes You Happy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.