Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,495 members, 7,836,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " (22269 Views)

Nigerian Army Noticeably Absent In Town Taken From Boko Haram-new York Times / OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader / General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by strangleyo: 1:55am On Aug 16, 2009
LOl new leader? Who this clown? More fresh meat for "security forces executioners".

This ain't pakistan's gov't.

These naija gov't thieves dont Bleep around when it comes to something threatening their livelihood cash cow Nigeria.

"The dog, the cat, everybody dying, no lying." -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zfawY-fkrw
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by THEAMAKA(f): 2:01am On Aug 16, 2009
hehehehehe
the people of boko haram says they are willing to die for this cause.
i guess the new leader was just asking for suicide.
why would you say you are willing to die for this cause, and then take the position as leader?
that is asking for death.

thats why those people in boko haram are ignorant, uneducated, idiots.
they are fools who dont know any better, and use religion as their spine for their lame argument.
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by BlackRevo: 4:29am On Aug 16, 2009
We’ll bomb Lagos, Ibadan – Boko Haram
*Police beef-up security
*They’ll meet their waterloo – OPC
*Don’t provoke Igbo – Ikedife
By Daniel Alabrah, Sola Balogun, Samuel Olatunji & Sunday Ani
Sunday, August 16, 2009

You wake up early in the morning in Lagos and head towards Victoria Island from the mainland, only to discover that the Third Mainland Bridge had been cut off by Islamic jihadists.
In Ibadan, also in the South West, the rampaging insurgents have struck, cordoning off the State Secretariat after the governor had sat down in his office.

The South East had equally been cut off from the rest of the country with the bombing of the Niger Bridge, and Aba Road and Diobu in Port Harcourt are in flames, sending jitters down the spines of government officials and the security agencies across Nigeria. Like before, there was warning by the sect members but no one took them serious until they struck.

This is the ugly scenario stalking the nation with the latest threat of the Boko Haram sect to inflict mortal injuries on the cities of Lagos, Ibadan, Enugu and Port Harcourt beginning from this month of August. Their targets - Yoruba, Igbo, Ijaw - whom the sect described as infidels.

This time around, the nation might ignore the latest threat to its peril if the chilly scars of the 9/11 terror attacks are anything to go by. In an electronic mail statement to the media, the new leader of the group, Mallam Sanni Umaru, warned: “We have started a Jihad in Nigeria, which no force on earth can stop. The aim is to Islamise Nigeria and ensure the rule of the majority Moslems in the country. We will teach Nigeria a lesson, a very bitter one.

“From the month of August, we shall carry out series of bombings in Southern and Northern Nigeria cities, beginning with Lagos, Ibadan, Enugu and Port Harcourt. The bombings will not stop until Sharia is established and western civilisation wiped off Nigeria. We will not stop until these evil cities are turned to ashes.”

The Bokom Haram bombshell is coming two weeks after the fundamentalists struck in four states in the North, namely Bauchi, Kano, Yobe and Borno, killing scores before their leader, Ustaz Mohammed Yusuf, an alleged financier of the group, Alhaji Buji Foi, and close to 1000 members were felled by the combined force of the army and police.
Already, the police authorities have placed their men on read alert and have beefed up security at strategic areas across the country.

In a telephone interview with Sunday Sun, Lagos police command spokesperson, Mr Frank Mba, said the command was not aware of any formal threat from the radical Islamic group but that they have put in place security measures to prevent the Borno kind of attack from happening in Lagos.
“I am not aware that such a formal notice was issued. However, no state is in isolation. Since the event in Borno occurred, the command has been putting security measures in place to prevent such attack. The first thing we did was to call meeting of religious and tribal leaders to prevent ripple effect.

“We have also deployed undercover operatives to sensitive areas. We have engaged what we call high visibility policing. That is a measure where police men are everywhere. The armoured vehicles, police cars, stop-and-search are part of the high visibility policing we are talking about.

“There is also a special team monitoring movement of people in and out of the state. I want to assure people that Lagos is safe and it will continue to be safe. Lagos is not a fertile ground for such activity,” Mba said.
The leadership of Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) reacted angrily to the threat with a stern warning to the religious fundamentalists to stay off Yorubaland or meet their waterloo. Both the OPC founder, Dr Frederick Fasehun, and the National Coordinator, Otunba Gani Adams, condemned the threat, insisting that the Yoruba would not fold their hands and watch Islamic fundamentalists cause mayhem on their land.
Adams, who berated the Islamic group for attempting to cause chaos in Nigeria, warned that they will meet their waterloo should they venture into Yorubaland.

“We are ready for them and we will match them force for force if that is the only thing they understand.”
Adams, in a telephone interview with Sunday Sun, revealed that the OPC had alerted all its units across the six Yoruba states immediately the police reportedly arrested some people in Abuja on their way to the Southwest to cause havoc.

According to him, “we have our men on alert already since the police arrested some of them in Abuja coming to Lagos. We are ready for them. They should not come and disrupt the harmony in Yorubaland. We have a secular society in place here and they won’t come and disturb it. We have a plan in place that would effectively curb their advance anytime they decide to come to the South West.”

The OPC founder was equally incensed over the report, warning that an attack on Yorubaland would be seen as provocation and be so treated.
Fasehun, who noted that the report was just an empty boast, however advised the security agencies not to take it lightly.
Likewise, the immediate past president of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Dr Dozie Ikedife, has warned the federal government not to take the threat lightly.

Speaking in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents on Saturday, he warned that should the group come to Igboland it would be seen as extreme provocation, which would be resisted accordingly.
The Igbo leader advised the government not to take the threat as an empty one before the whole country is thrown into crisis, adding that Nigeria cannot afford any war again.

Ikedife asked the group to seek peaceful separation from the country if they don’t want to be part of Nigeria instead of resorting to bombing and killing as it cannot be an answer to their grievances.
He doubted if the group actually represents the Islamic religion, stating that there are unseen hands supporting its activities and advised the federal government to ensure that such faceless individuals are unmasked.

“There is an Igbo adage which says that a little bird dancing by the road side has the drummer within. The federal government must find out these drummers,” he stated.

Click http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/aug/16/national-16-08-2009-01.htm
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by THEAMAKA(f): 4:39am On Aug 16, 2009
OMG! IM SCARED.

NOW I REALLY WANT THE COUNTRY TO DIVIDE.

THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND.

IM SO SCARED FOR MY PEOPLE cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

NOOOOO!!!!

PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISNT TRUE.

I WANT OUT OF THAT HELL HOLE, NOW!!!!! LEAVE US BE!!!!!!!!
PLEASE.

OMG, IM CRYING NOW. PLEASE TELL ME THAT STORY ISNT TRUE. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by hollandis(f): 4:43am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

OMG! IM SCARED.

NOW I REALLY WANT THE COUNTRY TO DIVIDE.

THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND.

IM SO SCARED FOR MY PEOPLE cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

NOOOOO!!!!

PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISNT TRUE.

I WANT OUT OF THAT HELL HOLE, NOW!!!!! LEAVE US BE!!!!!!!!
PLEASE.

OMG, IM CRYING NOW. PLEASE TELL ME THAT STORY ISNT TRUE. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Why?Not true amaka.They are mere threats
I have said that their threat amounts to the whimming of a 3 month old baby.We too are poised for a war.This is the opportunity i have been waiting for
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by THEAMAKA(f): 4:49am On Aug 16, 2009
hollandis:

I have said that their threat amounts to the whimming of a 3 month old baby.We too are poised for a war.This is the opportunity i have been waiting for

NO PLEASE!!!
IM SCARED, i dont want my people to die, please oo!!!
my family, my dear family.
i dont want war to kill my people, please!!
cant we just do a peaceful seperation and cant they allow us to go our way.
what is wrong in the way we are worshiping?

something about that story does not seem made up. who would make up something like that.
PLEASE, OOO!!!! tell me this isnt true.
this cant be happening.

i still have hope in nigeria, i will always have hope in nigeria.
i wish we can be happy and live peacefully and everyone being happy with each other no matter what tribe.
my family in nigeria, thats all i can think about. PLEASE!!
nooooo this cant be true

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by BlackRevo: 4:58am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

NO PLEASE!!!

something about that story does not seem made up. who would make up something like that.
this cant be happening.

i wish we can be happy and live peacefully and everyone being happy with each other no matter what tribe.
nooooo this cant be true

Amaka just like you i am concerned about my people as well but the truth is that they are mere threats that has not seen the light of day yet. But i will implore you to keep a watchful eyes on the situation and start making plans if the first signs triggers out. It doesn't take long before it is blown out of proportion. We are at a very delicate period right now but most people don't realize that yet. I do have hope in Nigeria like you but if you examine it very well then there is trouble ahead .I am not calling for separation out rightly but we should sit down and discuss if we should have a con-federal system where each region will be free to do what they like with their region.

hollandis:

Yeah you are right but don't look at it from the angle of boko haram. If they should strike and the other tribes retaliate. I bet you it will move away from the hands of boko haram to a full scale inter tribal and religious war.
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by fayahsoul: 5:05am On Aug 16, 2009
sjeezy8:

Wrongoooo miss lady poverty in the north is by FAR the most evident. As their poverty levels are as high as a plane!!!

and the akwa ibom situation has always been there it is NOW that they have shined light on it.

Not to mention the countless people who are burned alive in the south

Miss lady? I am a man. . .with a large nut sac too.

Now, according to u, the poverty level in the north is the threshold whereby poverty translates into religious fanaticism? lol. how exactly do u guage this threshold? and how do u know that all muslims in the north are poorer than all non-muslims in the south?

The torture of child witches is a relatively new phenomenon that began in 1990's but the fear of witches is rooted more in african culture than christianity. So this is new compared to islamic radicalism in the north. In fact the south would have been islamized and arabized by the north if not for the environment that is not conducive for horse breeding and the british who aided the south to stop the expansion.

Besides the number of victims of religious incited killings in the north is much much way more than child witches killed in akwa ibom.

And why evade my question on why all suicide bombers are muslim? Note that those boko haram that were killed were on a suicide mission because any one who brings stones and catapults to a gun fight is certainly suicidal
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by hollandis(f): 5:07am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

NO PLEASE!!!

this cant be happening.

nooooo this cant be true

Amaka ,the real reason why you kill a snake when it is small,is so that when the snake grows up it will not harm you or your loved one.Do you prefer the hausas to start suicide bombing before you stop talking about this peaceful coexistence?
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by THEAMAKA(f): 5:09am On Aug 16, 2009
please!!!

if anything happens i would like for the yorubas and igbos and all the other tribes in between, to put aside ALL THEIR FOOLISH TRIBAL SHIT, band together, and kill boko haram once and for all.
we need to get together, fight together!!
im tired of this black vs black african vs african shit.

we need to be strong and stand together!!

everyone in boko haram needs to go and hang themselves. how can they force their religion on us? who do they think they are?
do they see us going and FORCING them to convert to christianity.

i dont believe islam started out this way, but over ALL THESE YEARS, people turned it into the devil's religion.
people were twisting islam and now no one knows the way islam really is.

NIGERIA IS A HELL HOLE. YARADUA ISNT FIT TO BE PRESIDENT, ALL HE FUC.KING DOES IS RUN OFF TO SAUDI ARABIA WITH HIS SICK ASS!!
yaradua isnt doing anything about this!!! he needs to abolish sharia law, it is driving nigeria CRAZY!!
as soon as sharia law was introduced, nigeria started getting bad, not only bad, but WORSE!!

now its on the brink of DISASTER!!     cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by hollandis(f): 5:17am On Aug 16, 2009
Have you noticed that there is a tendency for the average northerner to join forces with the boro harem group?Nnamdi Azikiwe made a stupid error more than 50 years ago,by believing in one Nigeria.The man believed in one Nigeria.When explorationists discovered oil in oloibiri,the northerners swore never to hand over power to the south and never to relinquish power.
If Nogeria does not disintegrate whether bloodlessly or in bloodiness we wil not move forward.Enough of all these harassment
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by THEAMAKA(f): 5:22am On Aug 16, 2009
please, i dont want my people to die!
thats all i care about.

my grandmas and grandpas, my aunties and uncles, my BABY COUSINS!!! i love them the most.
my cousins, EVERYONE!!!
ive grown so attached!! please i dont want to see them die, NO!!!
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by fayahsoul: 5:30am On Aug 16, 2009
hollandis:

Have you noticed that there is a tendency for the average northerner to join forces with the boro harem group?Nnamdi Azikiwe made a stupid error more than 50 years ago,by believing in one Nigeria.The man believed in one Nigeria.When explorationists discovered oil in oloibiri,the northerners swore never to hand over power to the south and never to relinquish power.If Nogeria does not disintegrate whether bloodlessly or in bloodiness we wil not move forward.Enough of all these harassment

It says in their koran that muslims must rule over infidels. They are being "good muslims" by keeping the word. . .of course they do so at the expense of progress.

Time to disintegrate and move the fuc.k on.
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by hollandis(f): 5:32am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

please, i dont want my people to die!
thats all i care about.

my grandmas and grandpas, my aunties and uncles, my BABY COUSINS!!! i love them the most.
my cousins, EVERYONE!!!
ive grown so attached!! please i dont want to see them die, NO!!!
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Those guys are a bunch of crazy lunatics.I have never liked that religion.It spells doom.Nigeria is a land locked country towards the north .The only way they can get real ammunition is via the coastal region,I wonder where the can get ammunition for the attention they have been trying to seek.The police chief is luckily a southerner,and will notdo the harem people and their political godfathers any help.Your relatives are safe,so far they are in the southern part of Nigeria
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by THEAMAKA(f): 5:34am On Aug 16, 2009
OMG! i cant believe it.

ive never cried over anything like this in my entire life.
this seriously cant be happening.
being good muslims?

Islam has been bleeped up and twisted up over ALL these years.
I believe people wrote that themselves in the koran just to get ignorant people to believe it.
the koran was written AFTER mohammed died.
his followers wrote down what they think they "remembered" or what they thought was right.
that book is so damn fake!!
how can you write what you THINK someone said.

that book is probably filled with all kinds of bullshit, what religion calls for killing of thy fellow man?
obviously men wrote it as a way to give women no rights at all.

in this day and age, the way people have turned Islam into, its the devil's religion.
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by sjeezy8: 5:35am On Aug 16, 2009
fayahsoul:

Miss lady? I am a man. . .with a large nut sac too.

Now, according to u, the poverty level in the north is the threshold whereby poverty translates into religious fanaticism? lol. how exactly do u guage this threshold? and how do u know that all muslims in the north are poorer than all non-muslims in the south?

The torture of child witches is a relatively new phenomenon that began in 1990's but the fear of witches is rooted more in african culture than christianity. So this is new compared to islamic radicalism in the north. In fact the south would have been islamized and arabized by the north if not for the environment that is not conducive for horse breeding and the british who aided the south to stop the expansion.

Besides the number of victims of religious incited killings in the north is much much way more than child witches killed in akwa ibom.

And why evade my question on why all suicide bombers are muslim? Note that those boko haram that were killed were on a suicide mission because any one who brings stones and catapults to a gun fight is certainly suicidal

ewww change your damn font niggu and that fackin screen name shettt
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by sjeezy8: 5:36am On Aug 16, 2009
suicide bombings aren't rooted in islam either
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by THEAMAKA(f): 5:37am On Aug 16, 2009
sjeezy8:

ewww change your damn font niggu and that fackin screen name shettt

sexy, youre back,   smiley

im sitting over here crying!!
OMG, i cant stop.
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by hollandis(f): 5:38am On Aug 16, 2009
fayahsoul:

It says in their koran that muslims must rule over infidels. They are being "good muslims" by keeping the word. . .of course they do so at the expense of progress.

Time to disintegrate and move the fuc.k on.

Crazy mu"" F$ckers,they are so emotional whenever it comes to their stupid religion.I had a very good friend,we agreed in almost everything except the religion issue,she would exonerate yaradua AND  all northern govs from blame.Even to the point of taking sides with boro harem,I STARTED TO WONDER WHAT SORT OF MENTALITY IS THIS?
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by hollandis(f): 5:40am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

OMG, i cant stop.
undecided
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by sjeezy8: 5:40am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

OMG, i cant stop.

Sexy AMAKA !!!!!! yea lol i stepped out real quick
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by THEAMAKA(f): 5:45am On Aug 16, 2009
sjeezy8:

Sexy AMAKA !!!!!! yea lol i stepped out real quick

wait you live in yankee right? if you do where in yankee?

hollandis:

undecided

whats wrong?
OMG, im trying to calm down.
my eyes are red now. OMG!
my family, i cant imagine seeing anything happen to my grandpa, i love him!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH!!!!
man ive only been to nigeria twice (i should have gone more but its too expensive) but gosh i dont know what i would do if anything happened to my family back home.
i would probably run mad or drop out of school or something.
i probably would be headed down the path of distruction. there would be no reason to live anymore.
true talk.
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by sjeezy8: 5:50am On Aug 16, 2009
hollandis:

Crazy mu"" F$ckers,they are so emotional whenever it comes to their stupid religion.I had a very good friend,we agreed in almost everything except the religion issue,she would exonerate yaradua AND  all northern govs from blame.Even to the point of taking sides with boro harem,I STARTED TO WONDER WHAT SORT OF MENTALITY IS THIS?

Nigerians are emotional Period no matter what religion

I mean in las gidd( Lagos) there are many christians and muslims living together. Fashola is muslim and his wife is christian

THE AMAKA:

whats wrong?
my family, i cant imagine seeing anything happen to my grandpa, i love him!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH!!!!
man ive only been to nigeria twice (i should have gone more but its too expensive) but gosh i dont know what i would do if anything happened to my family back home.
i probably would be headed down the path of distruction. there would be no reason to live anymore.
true talk.

The best state in America MARYLAND!!!!!!!
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by THEAMAKA(f): 5:52am On Aug 16, 2009
sjeezy8:

The best state in America MARYLAND!!!!!!!

maryland? hmmm. . .
lol

i cant stop drooling over your body, man do you workout everyday? or is that body natural?
i know the females cant get enough.

Cali is better! lol
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 16, 2009
Put a shirt on next time, shotigbo. awan onisekuse omo
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by hollandis(f): 5:59am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

whats wrong?
true talk.
You have to calm down.The blood stained pages from their publications is not actually the true situation of things.Every body everywhere is living peacefully.It's just that their threat is a latest development to a short lived peace of mind.In Nigeria there seem to be a problem week after week.It shows the weakness of a leader(hausa +muslim) and his lack of initiative
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by fayahsoul: 6:00am On Aug 16, 2009
@ amaka

Are u psychologically sound? U sound like a freaking schizo.
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by hollandis(f): 6:02am On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

i cant stop drooling over your body, man do you workout everyday? or is that body natural?
i know the females cant get enough.

Cali is better! lol
shocked undecided
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by THEAMAKA(f): 6:02am On Aug 16, 2009
hollandis:

You have to calm down.The blood stained pages from their publications is not actually the true situation of things.Every body everywhere is living peacefully.It's just that their threat is a latest development to a short lived peace of mind.In Nigeria there seem to be a problem week after week.It shows the weakness of a leader(hausa +muslim) and his lack of initiative

thanks. i will try not to take the situation at heart.

fayahsoul:

@ amaka

Are u psychologically sound? U sound like a freaking schizo.

AND WHAT THE mess IS YOUR PROBLEM? CANT I BE EMOTIONAL OVER MY FAMILY AND THEIR WELL BEING?
please,abeg!!! leave me alone!
im so tired of this bs.
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by THEAMAKA(f): 6:03am On Aug 16, 2009
hollandis:

shocked undecided

abeg, what is it?
whats wrong? sad
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 16, 2009
Giggles. Calm down
Re: Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: " by THEAMAKA(f): 6:04am On Aug 16, 2009
bull****!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Four-yr-old Twins Suffocate To Death Inside Car In Aba / Dino Melaye Shares Throwback Pic Of Himself / Obasanjo Calls Awujale, Begs Him, Blames Media For Rift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.